Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: NPC Board  (Read 1677 times)

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
NPC Board
« on: January 29, 2014, 03:55:36 pm »

Hello people.
Here's a little thing that has been kicking around in my head for a while now. And I hope the other admins won't be mad for me adding this in the Play Aids.

Often enough there's that need of having just a short-lived character to handle something. And more often than not, your players start to interact with this character more than you had expected. But in the end, you only needed this NPC for a particular purpose and after the RP thread closes, there's nowhere for them to go... And you kindof started to like him, her or it a little, too.

That's what I'm putting this board up for.
This is a spot you can put up a small write-up for that NPC that became a little more than an NPC so that other people might be able to use them as well.

Do note that characters written up here are basically for everyone to use. They're here for GMs to add a little flavor to their RP, to provide a little backup or a name in a spot that's consistent throughout threads. (Hey look! Isn't that Bob from Accounting?)
Lord knows I often struggle with thinking up a simple little throwaway name  at one time, and have this brilliant bit of inspiration for a character the next, but never will find any use for them.

Lastly I will ask people who do dip in any possible list of contributed NPCs to treat them with some respect. This is not a redshirt list.

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
Re: NPC Board
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 03:56:49 pm »

NPC Template:

Name: Name your NPC.
Race: Nothing to do with NASCAR.
Origin: Of the NPCies.
Affiliation: RED? BLU? Warriors?

General Appearance: What does your NPC look like.

Special Talent: IF the NPC even has one. Remember though, these are the 'rank and file' of whichever group they affiliate with. More often than not they tend to be the Average Joe, or they have a talent that really doesn't lend itself to doing the heroic derring-do that the PCs get up to.

Roleplay Notes: Keep it short and to the point. What kind of a person is your NPC in a few easy sentences.

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
Agent █████
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 03:58:31 pm »

Name: Agent █████ (Real name withheld)
Race: Human
Origin: Soap from Corpses Products
Affiliation: Gaming Guardians

General Appearance: Agent █████ can be best described as "The Man in Black". He wears a black suit, tailored specifically to allow for [REDACTED] without being seen. He is of average height, with an athetic build. On his lapel he wears a small badge with a circle with three inward pointing arrows on it.

Special Talent: Agent █████ is an expert on safety precautions and procedures. He is also trained in hand-to-hand combat, small arms use and [REDACTED] but not limited to a broom. Also, any personal information about █████ will invariably end up heavily edited. Reports submitted about and by him also end up [REDACTED]. He seems to have no issues reading through these files.

Roleplay Notes: Agent █████ is a rather serious man. Despite his time with the Guardians, and realizing that in a way they are trying to do the same thing his old employer is, he feels ill at ease surrounded by what he calls 'skips'. Even more he fears, after having been told the Origin of Systems, that his presence on Primary will allow for a window that will let HIS brand of 'skips' through. Coupled with his past job experience, he is one of the Outposts best risk analysts and safety experts.