Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Land of a Billion Lights [Closed]  (Read 5891 times)

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
Re: Land of a Billion Lights [Closed RP]
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2014, 04:52:18 am »

((OOC: I have net again!))

"I can tell you exactly where the Scribe is." Allie looks at Gaddez and Devora hopefully. Like the way out of a hellish nightmare was just opened up in front of her. Then after a moment she cocks her head as if listening to something and sighs heavily. "Never mind Bethany says it wouldn't work."

"As for Everwish yes, Bethany talked a lot about it. Mostly all the reasons why she had to go an support it. What did you want to know exactly?"

For the moment things are quiet, well as quiet as a neighborhood can get in L.A. with a bout of gang violence going on a few blocks away.

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2014, 03:27:42 am »

(Ugh. Too long of a gap)

Gaddez glances over at Devora and catches her eye for just long enough to get her attention before rolling his eyes over towards where the gang activity is, a simple message from him to her to keep an eye in that direction. While the orc didn't care that much if some bangers wanted to wreck each other, gang violence had a nasty habit of leaving collateral damage in it's wake and he'd be damned if someone shot his ward by accident.

"I have a few actually; the one bethany I knew of ~and the one I'm given to understand is talking to you~ from everwish had a terminal case of old. One so bad a person from my team who can rewrite reality couldn't help her. I'm sort of curious how it is that she got around that.

"The other one, is... what happened when the Chaliceborn turned up? My team was ready to engage them when... I dunno. My memories were erased by someone so I don't know how exactly things went down other then my team was jaunted out and we had made contact with them because I'd fired shots from one of my weapons. Knowing what happened would be beneficial to me in future dealing with the scribe's legbreakers."

He pauses for just a moment before asking one other question

"Why can't we go after the scribe?"

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2014, 04:20:11 pm »

“She died. She couldn’t hold up that world anymore. She didn’t get out of it at all.” Anything else however is carefully held back as Alicia doesn’t seem to want to share how she is communicating with Bethany now.

“Bethany won’t share anything that happened on Everwish; only that she died there and that I shouldn’t concern myself with it.”

When Alicia hears the last question though she frowns.

“Bethany says we can’t take him on yet and I’m not trained enough to know why on my own.” She sighs in frustration. Right now she is supposed to be doing her exercises but with holes in her house that would be impossible. Likewise homework from school was out. Feeling like she should be doing something she gets up off the bench.

“We should keep going. Artemis should catch up soon, maybe she’ll know more. She talked with Nick a lot while I trained so she might have the information you are looking for.”

Devora doesn't see the gang violence moving any time soon and no one has brought guns out yet – just a lot of beatings.

OOC: Sorry this took so long to get too

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2014, 09:08:21 am »

Gaddez is quiet for a moment before responding to Alicia's vague responses from bethany... who was some sort of ghost apparently. Which while interesting in it's own way wasn't terribly useful to the orc or his ward at the moment. One thing was certain though: he hadn't fully earned the trust of one of these two.

"Tell Bethany that I'm sorry I couldn't do more for Everwish."

After glancing up and down the street looking for one of the buses that should have been passing by, the orc nods his head and replies "Doesn't look like public transit is going to expedite things so it looks like we'll just have to keep going on foot so that we can find a mall, get you some new clothes. Hopefully there's something down that way" he gestures down the street and away from the gang.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2014, 04:10:42 pm »

Alicia nods and heads down the side street indicated by Gaddez and comes to a halt. Artemis is on the other side of the side street approaching as rapidly and smoothly as an android-pretending-to-jog can.

“Not this way.” Is all Arty says to Allie before looking at Gaddez and Devora with a look of speculation on her face.

“Do you know what a DES is? A Divine Enclosed Space?” Artemis draws her weapon.
The sky turns black but people are still walking and talking as if nothing is wrong.

“What is it?” Allie is taking a more proactive role in her survival now that Arty is back.

“It’s … well… An easy way of explaining it is saying it’s an extra-dimensional prison. Key word; prison.”

People start fading out as well, soon the gang is gone, the people are gone, and it’s just the beach with a lot of buildings. Even the sun has disappeared.

“A DES contains a divine man.”

A blue glow appears over the water, almost like sunrise. Slowly the form grows as an unearthly howl pierces the air.

Gaddez

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2014, 06:21:37 pm »

Devora Had little to fear from guns or blades or such; her demonic nature meant that they had little chance of really impeding her unless the damage was truly excessive, though it would hasten her need to feed. The Divine was a completely different story though. Consecrated ground, holy water, church bells... all of these things could do anything from cripple to outright destroy her, and she could all but feel the god power radiating from this divine man; whether he was a demigod, a prophet or just a ridiculouly powerful holy man devora knew she wanted nothing to do with him.

So she runs, though she has just enough presenece of mind to grab Allie by the wrist to keep her running in the same direction.

Gaddez pulls out his long pistol and begins backing up while keeping an eye on the thing coming out of the ocean. Dealing with "gods" was a regular thing back in his mercenary days; anything that had an ounce of power had a tendency to pull in groups of people to worship it and as a result he'd been called in countless times to deal with them. The difference between now and then though was that then he'd had a force of yahoos at his command who could very quickly drop the hammer on an enemy. Now, he had an android, a succubus and a girl who he needed to protect. Now was not the time to fight.

"Any idea what this one is? Also: how the hell did  we get pulled into this prison?"

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2014, 06:40:29 pm »

Allie runs with Devora – no questions asked.

“Readings indicate this Divine man is from the Haruhism fan-fiction jaunt space. Likely the owner of the DES has no idea they aren’t on their home world right now. As for how we got dragged in; the most likely explanation was that we were somehow targeted by an area wide shift. I was pulled in four blocks away from here-you three were pulled in with little effort as well.” Artie pulls out her weapon but she isn’t looking at the thirty foot tall of glowing entity that should realistically collapse under its own weight. Instead she heads off after Devora and Alicia.

“Other systemites were pulled in as well. I set up a diversion to distract them behind me as I ran here. Blending with a crowd is an unavailable option. Finding a nice corner to hide in is likewise inadvisable considering big blue over there is going to start trashing this place at any moment.” For Artie the only real viable option at the moment was to follow Allie and maybe start a flanking patrol before other enemies show up.

The giant creature moves with surprising speed and grace. Parting the massive amount of water like it was nothing the giant makes a few steps towards shore – closing the distance dramatically – before slamming its fist into the water with enough force to emit a concussive blast. The sound is deafening, and the water starts a small tidal wave that will dissipate before reaching the shore. The ground shakes with each thunderous step and staying on the beach while a massive natural disaster approaches may not be a good idea…

Gaddez

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2014, 01:15:27 am »

Trapped in some sort of paradimensional prison, a Kaiju rising from the ocean, unknown assassins hunting for a girl who was basically helpless, bereft of the lions share of his personal arsenal and 23 hours on the clock... most rational people would be verging on a complete breakdown in this situation. Good thing Gaddez didn't process fear; his mind acknowledges the threat but instead catalogues antagonistic factors and sees how they interact with each other... seeing what options are presented to him.

"Devora, I want you to stay with Allie. Go some place where you think you'll be safe from all of this nonsense and do a 3 card monte. On the off chance that I don't make it back from this responsibility for her safety falls to you. Further, there is a set of intructions for you and the others in the event of my death to make sure you guys are taken care of."

"Artie, mercenaries have three priorities: Do the job, Don't die while doing it, and get paid. I'm guessing that the scribe is responsible for sucking them and us up so right now all three of those priorities are in jeopardy. Lets go have a chat with them about the lay of the land. If we get them and a few others on board maybe we'll have enough resources to keep Godzilla's sparring partner form stepping on us."

<< SVPC Outpost command: Hey guys, I don't suppose you could jaunt my back pack to me? I kinda need it. like, as soon as possible.>>

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2014, 03:50:45 pm »

<<SVPC Gaddez: “…***….”>> Gaddez is getting glitched out half messages. Getting a clear signal from outpost seems impossible without working on it first. The comm needs to be adjusted due to dimensional interference. It could take a few hours for the outpost to do it on their end – or – Gaddez could take a minute on his end to do it. Being closer to the dimensional anomaly he’d be able to compensate faster.

“I know all about mercenary priorities. Frankly I hate dealing with them. You are assuming the Scribe sucked all of us up; I choose to believe the far more likely scenario that an ambitious team put this trap together.  If we are going to ‘Talk’ to the nice mercenaries… Then I insist on the ‘flank and spank’.” A lesser person may have thrown a fuss at the fact their organizations weren’t necessarily in line with a lot of goals and therefore they aren’t friends (therefore no cooperation)…being an android, Artemis doesn’t have that kind of ego.

No her ego is tied up in her other body. Her ship self.

“Aren’t I beautiful?” She says looking up at the sky. “I was the pride of the Deorc Fleet.” Arty can’t help but sound a little smug at that.

Gaddez may note a large shape at the very top of the grey sky; a green, gray, and black ship about 1,500 meters long hanging in the air. The ship looks aerodynamic enough to fly through the atmosphere.

“It seems they have intel on me. They pulled me out of orbit! How Rude!” Arty frowns before giving the most indignant look an android gal can muster. “They are boarding me! Activating PDL’s and PMA’s. Auto defense turrets ok’d for lethal deployment.”  After a moment Arty smiles as if some giant bug went splat on her windshield. “Activating weapons drop – we can arm ourselves there. Then let’s talk to the mercenaries. And… now they are intercepting my communications. Lovely.” Explosions start being heard from overhead.

The sound of the explosions actually attracts the attention of the giant. Though it has no eyes it searches around for the source of the sounds. Completely unhindered by the waves.

Gaddez will hear the sound of something launching from overhead, a small cylindrical missile is aimed at the city in front of him. Instead of causing a large explosion he’ll hear an ugly crash.

Devora and Allie have already disappeared into the back streets. Devore is looking for a nice set of defendable hidey hole.

((OOC: Tweaking the comms will take 2 rounds or you can arm yourself from the weapons drop pod… or both. I highly recommend you do not enter a parlay with mercenaries armed with nothing but a sexy swagger - Also sorry for the late post))

Gaddez

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2014, 08:16:08 pm »

Glancing up at the Ship and then the complementary weapons drop gaddez smirks and says "I'll tell you what Artie: the best thing about big girls is that they always have a lot of junk in the trunk to play with." That said, he'll reach into the missile and grab a pistol and a rifle along with spare clips for both if possible and any explosives that might be available. He doubted that any of them had the same punch as his long pistol, but at the moment a propensity of shots was more attractive then a hand gun that could shoot clean through an Abrams tank like it was made of cardboard.

"Flank and spank does sound good, but I want to try and talk to them first since information is ammunition. Also, if you need to prioritize, then focus on dealing with your borders; last thing we need is a starship and Godzilla's sparring partner both coming after us."

"Now if you'd be so kind as to lead me towards these mooks..."

Devora works her way in another direction from Gaddez with Allie, carefully searching for a spot that was outside of the divine man's path of devestation while considering the orc's last order: 3 card monty.

Fundamentally, 3 card monty was a variation of a shell game, where cards were used and mark would try and find the red queen. Given the context of the situation, Devora guessed that what Gaddez wanted her to do was to use her shape shifting powers to copy Allie's appearance and hope that it would be enough to confuse would be assassins. On the face, of it, not a bad plan.

Except to really make such a deception work devora was going to need something... more.

Turning Allie around for a moment, Devora leans in and kisses her on the lips. Assuming she doesn't immediately break away, Whatever emotion that allie is feeling will be diluted as the succubus consumes it and draws subtle character traits with it; things like accent's in her speech, body posture, nervous reflexes and a thousand other tiny details are suddenly shared with Devora as her form copies that of the potential scribe for a few hours.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2014, 04:03:13 pm »

Gaddez probably doesn’t know anything about the system the weapons are from... but for the record there’s pulse pistols, pulse rifle, plasma rifle, some sort of exotic looking sniper rifle (which Artie promptly grabs), some semi auto plasma guns, plasma grenades, body armor, and weird clear glasses that give you a wireless HUD for the guns you equip. As far as clips go... there’s nothing.

These guns come equipped with 500 shots that auto recharge after a period of no use. According to the HUD the minimum wait time to recharge 50 shots is 30 seconds. There are plenty of grenades. An auto-turret is also in there along with a number of force lances. Artie grabs four lances along with the sniper rifle and the auto turret.

“Don’t worry about the boarding party. Scan says they have nothing they can hack me with. At best it’s a diversionary force.” Still she knows protocol for her own ship. The reception party should be helping the guests soon.

Artie will point the way to the mooks. Upon getting close enough she heads down an alley to set up for crossfire with the sniper rifle. It will take her a few minutes to get to the top of a nearby roof so Gaddez will have plenty of time to talk first. If the enemy shoots first then he’ll have some time before she can flank.

Devora gets quite a surprise when kissing Allie. She doesn’t feel or absorb anything from Allie at all. Instead it seems Allie has a spare soul on her.

“Terribly sorry darling. I can’t allow any soul sucking at this delicate point in Allie’s training.” Devora drains some of the other soul instead.

The dominant emotion is calming which could explain part of why Allie is not nearly the horrible mess she could be. Something about the other soul is old and rich. Devora is able to grab some mannerisms from it.

“I’m afraid you are just going to have to copy Allie the hard way. I’ve heard your kind are excellent actors so we should be able to get away with the plan regardless.” The second voice still seems to appear out of thin air but after a brief moment of analysis Devora realizes she’s being addressed telepathically.

Gaddez has an advantage over these mooks.

Hearing implants.

All it takes is a little fine tuning to tune out dimensional noise and he can hear his targets without actually getting in sight of them.

“Remember time is passing more quickly out there, we only have so much time before big red shows up.” Says one guy; most likely the leader.

“No one said anything ‘bout that thing!” one panicked sounding subordinate. Likely he’s referring to the divine man which has reached land and is now trampling buildings along the coast.

“No one said we had to team up either. How do we know king jack-ass isn’t only giving out one wish? Does that mean we have to share it? I’m sorry guys but no one said anything about going up against a dragon and a guardian for just one wish I have to share with you guys. I’m tapping out.” Gaddez cannot actually see anything but he does hear a strange whooshing sound following these words followed by a few curses.

The curses themselves tell Gaddez he’s up against a dozen or so men, some of which are present through a conference call – judging by the electronic noise from their comms.

So a dozen people, five of which are around the corner from him and one just left... somehow. The more likely scenario is that since the dimensional prison is up the leaving fellow is flying solo.

“Standing around is only going to get us trampled. We have a captured Esper on standby to get us out. All we need to do is get out hands on the girl then leave. The guardians and the dragon will be stuck here until the zone collapses then they are deadders.” The leader sounds awfully confident of this.

<SVPC GADDEZ: I have the turret set up along a retreat path to your left. Landmines are scattered there as well. I’ll activate them once you run through there first. Sorry for tapping into your comm but I thought it might be best if we could actually communicate.> Artie has hacked Gaddez’s comm

OOC: sorry for the late reply

Gaddez

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2014, 07:23:03 am »

From the stock pile gaddez will grab hold of a pistol, the semi auto plasma rifle, the glasses, body armor and a half dozen grenades.

"First sign of trouble make sure whichever guy talks is the one you give a convertible skull."

With a twist of the illusion ring Gaddez will return to his normal appearance, and there is no doubt from the expression on his face that he means business.

Devora Frowns briefly at the surprise interference in her feeding; Whoever it was that had interfered wasn't alive and as such it was unlikely they would recover from the kiss. Still, She could make use of the traits that the other had provided and it would help to speed the injury from earlier in the day.

"Allie, we're going to need to do something dangerous to stay safe; we need to circle around the divine man and get into the area he has already passed through and then hide in the wreckage, He doesn't seem to be coming after anything in particular and if there are other people coming after you then they won't want to go anywhere near that monster. Do you think you can do that?"

Gaddez Listens carefully to the voices, not just what they are saying (the talk of an esper and allusions to a dragon were interesting and would be filed away for later but for the moment they were less important then the division that seemed to be forming in the group) or the tone, but also the way it sounds; his cybernetics allowed him to get a vague impression of what the area the voices were coming from, whether they were close together or far apart how close they were to walls or such. As such the orc could gauge how effective different weapons would be.

Still, his mercenary sensibilities meant that he scorned waste and as long a shot as talking them down was he'd rather waste his breath then a grenade. So he leans back against a corner of the alley wall, takes into consideration what he's heard and decides to do his pitch.

"You know, when I was young and Naive, getting paid with an unlimited wish would have probably been too tempting to pass up, so I guess I can't really blame you boys for taking a job where you're only real opposition was supposed to be a college girl who had nothing going for her."

"Of course after a few years I would have been smart enough to consider the pay off for this and asked questions like 'how do you split a wish?' or 'hey, How do we know this guy is gonna pay up?' or my favorite: "If this guy is so amazingly powerful that he can give you literally anything Why the hell does he need to hire a bunch of leg breakers to do it for him?"

"Being the generous, understanding sort that I am, I'll swing you boys a counter offer: jump ship and work for me. I can toss a little bit of money your way, the finest Cuban cigars you will ever see in your lives and you will have a friend in the green and whites who might just owe you a favor. If you refuse, I will kill you and your body will rot in this pocket dimension."

"You got 1 minute to make up your mind."

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2014, 04:11:56 pm »

OOC:I haven't heard from Gaddez in months so I'm closing this thread until further notice

I have heard from GaddezPG [sent a response back] Thread is still paused for the moment.
EDIT: Also reposting the last post because I clicked things wrong and it disappeared.

Devora’s assuming a lot about the entity that interfered, like the idea the soul that interfered had no way to recover...not that she would know that at the moment.

Alicia nods at Devora’s request to circle around the large entity and soon the two are on their way.

The path of destruction leaves very little in the way of rubble to hide in directly behind the monstrosity as it is almost completely levelled. There is a lot of open terrain directly behind the divine man. Around the edges of the destruction where buildings have collapsed in the man’s path there are some areas that could be hidden underneath but these spaces are incredibly small.

As Devora gets closer to the divine man she can see debris break apart and disintegrate after being attacked by the big blue giant. Touching the divine man could mean disintegration. It also explains the lack of substantial debris in the man’s direct path.

Alicia, terrified of making unnecessary noise this close to the giant, taps Devora’s shoulder and points up. A single white ball of light is floating some distance around the Divine man. It seems to be surveying the destruction looking for something.

When Gaddez files the information about dragons away he’ll note a particular tickle in his memory...

“I also shared this information with the Black Dragons, you can assume they’ll be sending someone to help as well, assuming their code lets them. You may have an ally.”

Asuka Fairchild mentioned them when Gaddez went to meet her earlier in the day. Though Arty never expressly mentioned it, she was working with someone. The panicked idiot did mention a dragon and a guardian literally in the same sentence so Gaddez has a name for Artemis’s team now.

As for who’s around the corner, about four members are there. Gaddez’s hearing, while impressive, does not have an unlimited range so he can’t tell where the remaining members of the opposing team are, just that they aren’t anywhere near this block. As such the remaining men on the opposing team can’t immediately help out if their friends come under fire. The down side is that nearly all of Gaddez’s weapons are useless against enemies that aren’t around.

The enemy is remarkably patient as Gaddez makes the pitch. They don’t open fire and they don’t make any immediate hostile moves.

“First off; the prize is not an unlimited wish. An easy mistake. Secondly; Shun there is an idiot that joined us by accident. He wasn’t there at the meeting and doesn’t know the plan. ” The leader of the remaining four individuals smiles. Gaddez will find it hard to concentrate on the creature. It looks like it came out of some nightmare. Even as it stands there in broad daylight looking at Gaddez a feeling of revulsion will wash over him followed closely by a wave of terror. He can’t distinguish any unique features of the leader, not the face and not the body.

A quick check of his psi-disrupter will reassure Gaddez that this isn’t some telepathic assault, but more a warping of reality that’s hard to look at and his brain is not fully accustomed to viewing it.

The other members of the enemy team are strange and vary widely. None of their exact system origins can be ascertained at a glance. All are wearing hoods and one of the others gives off the same weird reality warping sickness the leader is giving out. One creature seems to have bird talons for hands, a sickly yellow beak with purple and blue feathers peaking out from under the hood, and a hunched over appearance. The last member looking fairly unassuming and humanoid for what Gaddez can tell. There is a large mask over that one’s face.

All four of them are standing close to advanced vehicles that look vaguely like motorcycles of some sort, but are otherwise out in the open.

“As for why we were hired instead of our employer fixing things himself, well we already asked that question. Since you are being generous allow me to do the same. He’s not after the girl. He just hired a bunch of idiots like Shun to go after her. Chaos being a great cover for dark deeds and all of that.” At some unspoken signal all of them climb up onto the bikes.

“Allow me to give you a counter offer. You can have the girl. You just can’t have her right now. If you head directly under the dragon’s ship, we’ll allow you to board. We’ll even retreat from the ship and hand over the esper, but only when the trap is set. You’ll have your own way out, and you’ll have the girl. No need to give the answer now. Just a warning though, more panicky idiots like Shun are here, and they are not nearly as nice as we are. I strongly advise you to accept our offer. It’s true you don’t get the prize, but you do get to leave with your lives and an innocent girl.”

At those words Gaddez can feel something tear in the surroundings, a sound that hampers his hearing for a moment before he can guess what it is. A reality tear. The enemies are gone, probably through the tear Gaddez doesn’t have a way of fully perceiving.

These aren’t grunts or hired guns. This is an extermination squad. These guys aren’t after a scared girl in L.A. but have come prepared to hunt something a lot bigger and scarier.

((OOC: I am assuming at this point given Gaddez’s IQ that he is smart enough to realize a sanity warping creature when he sees one. He’ll know looking directly at it for too long, or that touching it can and will break his mind. Most creatures of this type tend to ignore anything that isn’t magic.)) 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 04:12:27 pm by Dathiel »

Gaddez

• Forum Recruit
Re: Land of a Billion Lights [Closed]
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2014, 05:40:22 pm »

Fear was something well and truly alien to the orc; it was like a rainbow to a blind person or one of the otherworldy things that Lovecraft had made a career out of describing... an Unknowable thing that he knew existed because others plainly expierienced it, but which the orc never expierienced. He'd always assumed that the lack of fear in his psyche had something to do with his intelligence, perhaps he was simply too smart to fall victim to the intellectual lock up that occured due to panic or it was something that his brain had simply discarded as a useless waste of emotional detrius.

Whatever the reason, he had only ever expierienced it once before, in sub level 4 when he'd been shot in the leg. The ACM's had apparently taken umbrage with his superhuman intellect (and capacity for memory; he hadn't been able to remember the english language or what a shotgun was called but could accuratley tell you what it's muzzle velosity was) and as a result he'd been left panicing at the fact that he was feeling pain and bleeding rather badly from the leg.

The consequences of this life without fear, was that the orc didn't understand how to deal with it when it came up for him, how to fight an enemy that was in his own mind....

oO(Stop it. Focus on whats important. If you don't then you're doomed. If your doomed then they win. Focus on the other two. Creepy bird means... magic; aarakoa, skeksis, vrock all of them are magical because why wouldn't they be... you can beat that. Silent guy could be anything, maybe a robot... balance out magic and other. last one is reality warp... like an amberite... how to kill an amberite...)

Whether it's the lack of presence of the other group or his own brain attempting to retaliate against the alien emotion he is expieriencing, gaddez's brain begins recalling an earlier conversation with a long since retired guardian about a certain yellow castle.

The difference between between your system and mine, is that I can deal with another amberite with a simple, direct thrust of a knife instead of hammering away with idiotic ammounts of firepower.

How do you fight someone you can't look at.

How.

Same way you fight someone too dangerous to fight straight up: Make their strength mean nothing.

His breathing beginning to return to normal, Gaddez turns on his comm and begins to talk, willing himself to have an even voice. If the others heard fear in him then they were simply done.

<< SVPC all: Alright, I have good news and bad news. Good news is they're not after Allie exactly and we can get her out of this in one piece as long as the amateur hour idiots don't get lucky. Bad news is the ringers have a couple of nasty tricks up their sleeve.>>

<< Devora, Pass your comm to allie, I need to talk to her about something for a second>>

Elsewhere

Distracted by her discovery of the divine man being a stand user (and apparently a stand that disintegrated matter on contact), Devora hands the comm device to Allie whispering "gaddez needs to talk to you for a minute about something".

The giant anti-matter monster was entirely too dangerous for devora to interact with, but something more man sized and presumably focused on directing said monster was much more on the Succubus's level. If she could get close enough then presumably she could deal with him in close where he couldn't risk using his monster. But why kill the divine man, when she could use him instead? If she could strike a deal with him (perhaps for release?) then she and allie would have an extraordinarily powerful bodyguard that nothing in this shadow city could possibly challenge.

The idea of it was well and truly enthralling to the demon, and so she set about trying to study the gestures and expressions of the divine man; if he didn't look utterly insane then this had all the makings of a genuine plan.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:45:41 pm by Gaddez »

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
Re: Land of a Billion Lights [Closed]
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2014, 01:11:57 pm »

Allie picks up the comm.
“Hello?’ Allie doesn’t really know what else to say in the situation.

Devora examines the actions of the divine man and will quickly realize that thought and sanity are not things this creature has.
The floating orb is careful to stay out of the divine man’s way. What supernatural senses Devora has can tell that while the orb and the divine man are from the same system they are not allies.  The orb notices movement along the ground and starts floating lower. If Devora and Allie do nothing the orb will pass right by Devora’s current hiding spot and see them soon.

((OOC: Since the conversation has moved completely to Devora and allie for the moment I’m not splitting the post. Sorry for the lateness I came down with a stomach flu of some sort ))
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 03:12:31 pm by Dathiel »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4