Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Voices in the Cold Dark [Closed RP]  (Read 8425 times)

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
Re: Voices in the Cold Dark [Closed RP]
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2013, 07:59:13 pm »

Architect curses as one of the ‘safe’ zones is severely damaged, though through sheer luck the heaviest of the casualties is avoided.

“You are right, if Caster is eaten the weave collapses, the Death Curse is unraveled, and the monster goes free – we have to focus on the incident, find the paths leading up to it, maybe talk to Caster—” Architect stops talking abruptly as he makes the final preparations right before the Azuredawn finishes eating and falls.

The lurch is indescribable, like being ripped into three pieces and then it’s expected that you climb a large mountain at the same time. Add to that the extra gravitational forces both from the machine, and from anchoring the bloody planet in another system and it truly feels like the life is being squeezed out of everyone.

Breathing is hard. Incredibly hard.

A handful of scattered heartbeats later and Taross can see the gap the creature devoured the planet through is closing. The land mends itself and the fall has begun.

It’s an indescribable feeling, like you are falling when the ground is solidly beneath your feet. Taross feels light, so light that one good jump would be all that’s needed to send her flying…

There is a semi opaque film over the sky, on the other side of the film Taross can spy indistinct movement rushing by.

“The landing will be worse, and that’s without worrying about it going free.” Architect mutters as he starts repairing the damaged parts of the weave. “I’ll probably be a while doing this.”

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2013, 02:32:30 pm »

Taross is naturally weary of breaking the Status Quo she has managed to get Caster in right now. She was more than happy to end everything last time she was spoken to, and taking her out of whichever 'entertainment' she has chosen for herself in the Halls seems to her to be deliberately antagonizing.

While she thinks about this, it feels like the air is squeezed out of her lungs, both sets... and for a second or two she can see purple spots and dark sparkles passing by her vision. Though, at first she thinks she's passing out and seeing things because of this, it's 'merely' her aura manifesting prominently due to the physical stress.
Soon, she can breathe again, but finds herself sub-conciously digging her claws into the ground a little, and once the falling rush becomes clear to her she realizes why she's bracing so much.

"It's always the case, isn't it? It's never the fall that hurts you, it's the sudden stop at the end..." She tries to answer a little more lightly before giving Architect an encouraging smile. "Sometimes things might've been easier if I had been allowed to pick up more spells when I was still 'home'...  Though I can hardly imagine a Shell or a Float spell powerful enough to affect the Azuredawn"

She looks at the sphere where Architect is working with again and peers into it. "I think I'll go and check up on the Hall, Engineer and everyone she's got stowed away there for safety... I'm pretty sure I can peek in on Caster without disturbing her just yet as well. And if she IS going to try and jump over the edge, I rather be closeby to expell her into the weave proper where we can at least try and contain her without getting eaten." All she wants to be sure of right now, though when she looks, is that her ~immediate~ choice to go to the Hall won't be disastrous in itself.
When she's certain that Architect can hold his own for the time being, she sets Perdition down near him "I'm pretty sure I'll be able to respond to anything you need me for with this closeby." She tells him before walking to the edge of the floating platform. With no doors nearby to pass through and manifest in her office in the Hall, she'll have to opt for stepping out and walking in through the front door. And instead of hitting air when one of her feet passes the edge, she'd step onto the 'ground' in front of her Hall.

Architect would see its image shimmer a little before it vanishes again with Taross stepping in through the front doors. After all, going to her own heaven would be pretty easy. And normally going back to the outpost would be too. She's just hoping that leaving her maul there with Architect as sort of an anchor will allow her to easily get back there as well with the limited knowledge of actually manipulating the stuff of the weave.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2013, 03:18:43 pm »

“It’s always the sudden stop...” Architect mumbles as Taross leaves Perdition the giant war maul by his side. He seems otherwise engrossed with his new work, half hearing her. “Good luck with the insane remnant.” He gives a small wave good bye while not taking his eyes off his work. When Taross tests the connection to her war maul, she can reassure herself that if she needed to get back to the eye she could, quite easily.

Going to the golden hall is easy, and when she arrives she is greeted by the sight of her many followers cheering at her as they leave for the weave above, Engineer (also known as Ginny) is organizing the walk out of the Golden hall, when she she’s Taross her face lights up and she heads over to the Goddess.

“Architect told us you’d be falling with us.” Ginny smiles, and is careful not to bow, or use the current title the creeps were calling the Goddess, these things have made her uncomfortable in the past and Ginny is mindful.

“I arranged for some of you followers to take refuge in the lobby of the Golden Hall during the initial fall, I made sure none of them could get into the afterlife proper.” As Taross looks into the main lobby she can see golden seals over the exits as creeps continue to filter out the main doors and return to the top.

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2013, 12:38:12 pm »

Taross smiles warmly to Ginny and, or at least tries to, waves a greeting to all the Creeps passing by... though of course she can't really greet all of them at the same time "That was a good idea, didn't really think of it myself... then again, I am kindof new to ~this~ particular event." she answers and nods "At least it'd help a little with not needing to look after more geography out there to keep stable. And a good thing with the locks too there."

She then hehs softly "As for the falling... I got the messages that something big was about to go down in that regard and I had two good reasons to come along. One being you and all these guys here, and the second my promise to take my responsibility to all of you seriously..." She pauses "Now, I don't know if the beast actually thought ahead this far when it made that deal but to me that promise doesn't just end when the circumstances around when it was made ended."

As the 'exodus' back to the Weave continues, she steps aside a bit as not to be in the way and looks past the lobby inside. "You've noticed we're still moving probably." she confides to Ginny in a little lower tone of voice, "And we're in for a smack as well once we do stop according to Architect. But... there's something else I really need to talk to you about once everyone's gone." She gestures towards one of the unsealed doors just past the lobby marked 'Managers Office: Employees Only', which doesn't need a seal because -obviously- it can only be opened by the sign-mentioned manager or employees... "I'll go ahead and check on something there."

With that, Taross walks on in and heads towards the office, occasionally stopping to gently goad some more of the creeps back on their way when they've stopped or started following her around, noting that it's not quite their time to hang around here yet and she'll be roaming around the Weave plenty later.
Once inside, her office is horribly functional... which isn't a bad thing really; a workplace is a workplace. And besides a proper desk and some room to entertain visitors, there's also a wall for security monitors present. One of which she wants to use to look in on Caster with.
She mentally prepares a moment for whatever it may be that a somewhat crazed mind can think for herself to do in a place like this, and watches without interfering until Ginny enters.

When Engineer does walk in, she gestures to a seat and comes straight to business about the possibly very disastrous path the Azuredawn has a chance to end up on once the fall is over. That is, if she doesn't already know herself.
"... Which is one of the reasons we're looking at this now." she continues while gesturing to the monitor "I needed to make sure she was still here, and mostly content, at least for the time being. For the near future I'll probably need your help to go out and about the Weave and take preventive measures to brace for impact. Architect's busy doing damage control and repairing what happened earlier, but I think we might do better to prepare and I know I need someone with more experience."

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2013, 01:56:35 pm »

Caster...is golfing. Pink golf shirt, khaki shorts, and a large silver golf club. She doesn’t appear to know the rules, just hitting the ball from floating platform to floating platform until it goes in the hole.

When Ginny comes back she is quite a bit paler than before.

“I saw the crash, and…” she glances over to the monitor with Caster nervously. “I think that disaster is the other curse breaking not hers.” She pauses for a long moment wringing her hands. “We still exist after the fall… yes you’re right, we should definitely brace for impact, and we have time to prepare.”

“Are you going to speak with Caster? Architect may be less busy once the damage from the fall is fixed, of course you can rely on me to help in any way I can.” Ginny fidgets slightly, eager to get started and happy that her goddess is staying.

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2013, 03:11:53 pm »

Taross looks at the golfing figure once more and shakes her head "With everything going on, I doubt that it'll be a good idea to agitate matters just now. She's entertaining herself, and that's alright."

Turning off the monitoring she turns fully towards Ginny "I think I might've forgotten if I've been told about this other curse... but if you can fill me in, or remind me while we go along, that'd be great."
She then chortles a little and steps forwards "Alright, help me to help you and we'll get to work. I've seen some bits that'll probably ~have~ to break when the fall ends. If we can get people off of it and the areas around it more secure, I think we'll be able to get a good start. It'll allow me to learn more about this place and my place..."

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2013, 08:56:32 pm »

At the news Taross might now know the other curse Ginny pales.

“It’s the first curse. Not many know about it, only those like me who had to clean up after Archer before he finally left. Caster’s death curse, the precise and exact nature of it was to cage the monster that devoured Archer, Archer was Caster’s brother, his death curse, created the monster. Stopped the Azuredawn from forming up and … well, he’s the reason Caster made the weave, it was her attempt to resurrect him but she couldn’t separate him from the monster. He’s the reason there needs to be a prison in the first place.”

“When Archer was pulled from us by Arcus, we all thought that the curse, his curse couldn’t be broken. Because it wasn’t tied to his existence at all, it was tied to the Azuredawn itself. If his curse is broken, if there is no tiger, then what purpose does the cage serve?”

She says this all while following her goddess, trying to be helpful without panicking over potential disasters and structural weaknesses like she had before she became a paladin. If it happened, then it was just bad luck.

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2013, 02:17:33 pm »

Taross nods to the explanation she got from Ginny, considering what this all had to mean. "I think I understand the picture here... There's just a lot of history to take in here after all." She answers "Still... Just because the tiger may be gone, doesn't mean the cage has to go anywhere, right?" she offers "But it might mean we'll have to check what Archer might be doing, or not do, in the possible paths to the fate we want to avoid." She makes a note to possibly remind Architect of this before the two step out into the weave at large.

From then, Taross and Ginny just move along, though even if things may happen, not even Taross tends to attribute that to plain bad luck at times. As much as she can pretty much influence what she will, she favors those who are willing to work to make their own luck. Sometimes she takes matters in her own hands, but other times when there are inhabitants near the areas that could use shoring up, she tries to spur them in action instead... And should they actually go and do this, they'll find that a few happy lucky coincidences might make their work a lot easier than expected. Or at least, a bit easier.
The entire task the pair is undertaking proves that this Godess of Luck rather leaves nothing to chance if it's really important.

This doesn't mean that some people didn't get really lucky... Even Ginny herself narrowly escaped a fate of getting stepped on when Taross -cheered on by small throng of creeps- tried to reach up to a higher perch and suddenly found the task a lot easier than expected; mainly by being about four to five times larger than she only just was. Quickly followed by a somewhat embarassing ride in Engineers arms when, after she tried hard to imagine herself back to a smaller size, overshot herself and ended up not much larger than the average pet.
Still, as time went on and the two moved from location to location, bumping into other Branches and at times checking back in with Architect, quite some work is getting done.

So much actually that she occasionally doesn't even notice the passage of time.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2013, 03:09:45 pm »

Between the shape changing antics, and whatever lessons  on weaving she can grab from Architect Taross over the skewed time she spends inside the Azuredawn has learned a lot on being a goddess, from the worship, the gambling halls, her temples, and she even gets to the point where she can create some smaller mundane objects from practically nothing.

The rampant changes in luck have played havoc with the usual wars and territorial disputes on the Azuredawn. Some fights are ended quickly, while the burning reaches are still going, just because the combatants are unlucky enough to land significant blows against each other.

Taross also get an up close view of the exact number of Branches, more specifically the branches that can do nothing with all the weave manipulations only in the hand full of a few, some branches have eked out a peaceful existence and others just fight constantly, storms of pure rage at their existence. They are formidable, even for a goddess to deal with.

Archer however is dead. This is not a widely ‘believed’ fact, but an irrevocable one.  Archer did not want a continued existence at the hands of his sister’s creation, and as such he only exists in one time ‘zone’ of the Azuredawn that no longer exists anymore. He is trapped there, and not even Taross with all of her abilities can free him.  Because he was not the one who made the weave he was not essential too it like Caster was.

With all the antics going on, it’s Architect who first notices the changes, soon though he does inform Taross. The weave of the Azuredawn is getting less malleable. The changes happening to the land are becoming less frequent, and none of the branches who can weave can feel the Azuredawn itself.

Before much can be theorized about this recent trend in the beast’s behaviors, the first Omen happens. The Azuredawn has found another anchor.

She’s entering a diner, various other inhabitants don’t seem to look twice at her appearance and soon she can tell why; some of them look far stranger than a skunktaur. She approaches a table with a man and a child sitting at it….

Draven was right, it’s so jarring it’s easy to tell the difference between an omen and a dream, especially since the omen happens to Architect as well. He sends out word to the rest of the Azuredawn to start bracing for impact.

But with Archer gone, and Caster still safely and quietly in the Golden Hall, Architect is at a loss to explain the disaster ahead of them. He has not been able to find anything in regards to the coming destruction at all in the weave. No suspicious events or signs leading up to it.

Looking at it herself Taross can see the problem.

The landing is in the weave, and it appears to be truly disastrous, but the only cause she can find was eating the god machine. No tampering, no manipulations, just the landing is going to be rougher than anyone on the Azuredawn has ever experienced.

She has a number of options before her, but they all boil down to some variation of “Talking to dangerous things” in this case, either approach Caster in the Golden Hall (the one person who has more control over the weave than any of the other branches) or find a way to talk to the Azuredawn itself.

The good news in all of this though, Instead of the weave/planet being completely destroyed (as it was in the first iteration of that fate) through Taross’s hard work and the aid she’s received though the other branches, the expected casualty rate is down to practically nothing – despite all the destruction – assuming everyone’s luck holds.

OOC: Sorry for the late post if was a super busy weekend, I also fast forwarded everything, the first omen has happened, which means that 4 more are on the way. Taross has some time and some options ahead of her.

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2013, 12:14:59 pm »

Well... for the most part the inhabitants of the Azuredawn itself can be happy with themselves if things hold out. The only thing Taross can hope for, though, is that the learning curve has worked the other way around as well...
Despite the busyness, and the fact that she can't deny that the perks that came with the actual worship, she can't deny that a lot of the overt and grandiose places of worship made her a bit uncomfortable. Thankfully she's not as blunt as her old patron had been; there was a reason that back in her old home there were ~no~ temples to Luck around -or not for long anyway.
As she's looking at another, thankfully more muted in appearance, she finds herself wrenched into what she first believes is a daydream. But once it's over and she has shaken the cobwebs from her mind, she reckognises it for what it was.

Specially when Architect calls out to start preparing...

"I think I saw..." She starts to tell Ginny, before rubbing her forehead "Dammit... it was too short to be useful... Some diner, I didn't get a long enough look at the people I was supposed to see."
She wracks her brain to think of anything that she could've reckognised from the patrons, though... Creatures that wouldn't be surprised to see her are few and far around; Might be a diner in Gamers' End, could also be one of the post-apocalyptic 'mutant' filled systems... It was just too short to be of any meaning for now.
"Still..." she continues "I think I have good news and bad news." Taross chortles "Unfortunately it can never be good and good... One of them is if all goes well, everyone's put in enough effort to let us land unharmed, despite the force."
She offers a smile, but then continues just loud enough to be overheard "That doesn't mean it's over though, we'll have to keep working at it until the actual landing has happened." One thing that can definitely ruin the effort is everyone getting complacent and sitting back.

"The other news is that I think I'll have to go and talk to Caster or the Azuredawn... and try to convince them to help or stay put. And the latter might still be somewhat sore with me for letting Caster escape to the Hall instead of tossing her into its maw to destroy its prison."
She pauses and rubs the back of her neck in thought. "I think I have an idea though. Can you keep going for a bit? I'm going to have to go in for a bit."

Assuming Ginny is ok with it, Taross will be returning to the hall...

Caster will find herself somehow in the possion of a caddy, subtly inserted and handing her a new ball when she's about to start another hole of her golfing. Taross is appropriately dressed... well... appropriately dressed for what Caster figures a caddy should be wearing and even if it's exhorbitantly silly, she'll have to swallow her pride on that.
Once she's spotted, she offers a friendly smile and a "Hello there."

I think I have an idea to approach this that may be fun...

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2013, 03:56:06 pm »

Ginny gives her goddess a mock-salute and a smile as she goes to rally the troops – so to speak.

Taross sees a new golf course with floating platforms and 99 red balloons.

Caster is on the first hole of a new game that promised more exciting explosions when she hit the balloons with the golf ball, but to make it challenging, she had to make the balloons smaller.
She is so absorbed by this new game, she doesn’t even notice Taross handing her the next golf ball. Caster’s version of a caddy seems to involve pink flannel shirts, leather straps and guns.

When she does finally notice the goddess next to her she smiles while plucking whatever ball she is on out of Taross’s grasp.

“Hello, and what do I owe the personal visit?” Caster seems to be in good spirits, even…friendly?

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2013, 12:03:52 pm »

Despite being a little surprised about her appearance, and followed by the apparent demeanor of Caster, Taross offers a smile in return to the one she's given before answering.
"Well, for starters it's been terribly overdue really... You're the guest, I'm your host. I do have an obligation to make sure everything's alright." She chuckles a moment "And I don't even know if I have anyone around here to do that for me. I'm a terrible newbie when it comes to god business..."

After Caster has made her current drive, she follows and hmms a little, offering another golfclub. She has occasionally seen some on tv and recalls that after the initial hit there's often mentioned that the golfer switches to an 'iron' club. So as it stands, she happens to give Caster a nine-iron plucked from the bag at random. Needless to say she's not all that well-versed at being a caddy either.

"Still, a little personal visit seems to be in order considering the circumstances."  She continues after a few moments. She doesn't quite mention these circumstances yet. Taross figures that at the moment it's best to poke at Casters curiosity about what this might be and to see whether or not she migth even be approachable for the rest of her 'plan'.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2013, 03:54:20 pm »

"Let me clue you in on something about being a goddess. Call it 'Caster’s rule number one'.” She swings setting off a lucky combo explosion of seven balloons that light up the sky with a thunderous boom.

“Never say you’re new, never admit a mistake made through inexperience, and ‘You always meant to do that’ there is such thing as being honest, but don’t go too far with it. Yes the ‘attitude’ may seem a bit arrogant, but it also instills confidence. As a goddess people don’t like to see you shaken.” Caster waits for balloons to respawn while setting up the next ball.

“For your information someone comes by once a day and suggests activities for me to try if I’m bored of something, I don’t know how long I’ve been golfing, but I got bored of the regular rules long ago…” She tries an experimental swing.

“So why are you really here?”

*swing*

*boom*
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 05:17:03 pm by Dathiel »

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2013, 09:27:15 am »

Taross chortles a little, watching the ball go and one of the balloons 'pops'. "Rule number one is pretty true, still... First time I did anything by divine mandate it ended up turning a guy into a female elf and I had no idea how or what had happened." She raises her hands a moment and then continues on to pass the next ball.

"It HAS been a while hasn't it? I kindof lost track of time myself for a bit here... It's not so noticable here I suppose but I think you probably know the entire place is falling?"
Taross doesn't say exactly what is. Caster being Caster should pretty much know what she's talking about given the general placement of the heaven she's in at the moment.

"As far as the falling goes, the way down has been fairly smooth overall. Apart from a few people who're going to get their heads knocked about a bit when this is all said and done." For a few seconds, she remains silent even though the tone of her voice suggests that some more is about to come.

"Thing is... the beast at the bottom of this place ate something nasty and once we stop falling." she reaches into her pocket, taking out a coin to flip in the air to emphasise her words. When it's spinning in the air, the sides alternate fast enough to show a caged bird as the optical effect. When it lands in her hand, the bird side is up -no cage. "All odds are saying that it'll be able to break free and leave to do what it wants."

((My aplogies for that imagery, but I've been at the Bioshock dlc and it was pretty good ;) ))

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2013, 08:09:46 pm »

“I am quite aware of the fall, I am the anchor of the death curse after all. I haven’t looked at the landing, but I can say with confidence there is nothing in all of existence the monster could eat that would lead to it escaping my curse…” Caster takes another swing before setting her club down.

“This isn’t some cocky, amberite thing. Taross, if my curse was going to break I would feel it. I would see it in an Omen and it would mean my death. As long as the Azuredawn is a giant system eating monster it can’t escape.” Although she looks quite annoyed, he does glance at the coin with the bird out of the cage.

Taross wasn’t just a goddess, at least not as far as the Azuredawn was concerned.

“What did it eat exactly?” Caster will reach for the coin.

((OOC: Oooh the new dlc? Cool I hope it's as good as it looks :D))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7