Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Room Mating (open social)  (Read 3723 times)

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
Room Mating (open social)
« on: July 11, 2013, 02:05:30 am »

((So me and rath got to talking about some things we could do, and one of them that came up was firing up a new room mate thread. While origionaly this was supposed to be just for the two of us, I thought to myself "Ashla, it's been too long since someone fired up a social thread", so anyone else who wants to do the room mate boogaloo should swing on by.))

TO: All residents rated GSC or lower
SUBJECT: Temporary housing changes

As per building health and safety code #39863 Sub section D Point iii, we regret to inform you that at least temporarily guardians will need to vacate their rooms so that we can insure that background jaunt space energies are within tolerable levels. Afterall: no one wants to have themselves and the contents of there room jaunted into some random corner of jaunt space.

While we understand that this inconveniences many of you who do not have other living arrangements, we have refurbished dormitory section 5 for habitation, though those who do so should be aware that they will be sharing rooms with another guardian.

We apologize in advance for this inconvenience.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
Re: Room Mating (open social)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 05:42:46 pm »

One would think that the possibility of having the contents of your room jaunted randomly would be disconcerting, but for the crazy nymph – who was quite used to dealing with the realities of unreal forces – it was an exciting adventure.

Randomly being paired up with someone? Yes please!

Reporting to Dormitory Section 5 with a slight skip in his step, Rhade goes to the post board to see who he is rooming with temporarily.

He had a huge blue duffle bag packed full of cd’s and the few clothes he had, it was the only thing he really had on him. He hadn’t been at Outpost for very long so in a strange way - this room situation was not as big of a burden as it could have been.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 05:47:50 pm by Rath »

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 09:49:56 pm »

Coincidentally, another relative newcomer who usually responded to "Fox" or "Tracker" is also among the recently displaced, apparently the quarters affected being the older, disused 'singles' rooms farther away from the common areas. However, when he arrives and sees someone else already studying the boards, he looks somewhat nervous--as though he were hoping to sneak into one of these temporary places alone.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 09:52:08 pm by Rhiann »
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 10:03:13 pm »

Keith wanders into the Dorm wing, carrying the sum total of his worldly possessions (mostly just clothes given to him by the guardians) in a card board box over to the the dorm room maintenance had assigned to him. The knowledge that he would be sharing the room with someone else was worrying (keith was... less then good with strangers), but if building maintenance (the department he was angling to join) wanted him to share a room then he'd certainly do his best.

Getting to the board just slightly behind the nymph, keith notes the room numbers and see's that he's partnered with someone called Rhade. Still though, he notes that the other person scanning the board appears to be lugging a disproportionately large bag and well... everyone knows that keith is eager to please.

"Do you need a hand with that?" he asks rhade?

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 04:29:33 pm »

Tracker waits until the other two walk off, then quickly checks the listing for his own room--noting that apparently every available room is slated for two. His ears fall as he absorbs that datum and glances around quickly to see if anyone else is around. Pulling a pen from his sporran, he studies the list again to see if there were any names he recognized which he might swap room numbers with to get a better chance of being left alone, but too many names are there that he doesn't recognize and nothing indicates even what species they might be.

Snorting, he puts the pen away and stalks over to his assigned quarters, locks the door and leaps up onto the upper bunk, to almost immediately jump down again to log into the comm and annotate his arrival. Once done, he leaps back up to the bunk and lays down, turning his back to the door.
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 06:36:12 pm »

“Thanks for the offer, but if it gets to heavy I’ll just drag it. Are either of you two a Keith?” He looks cheerful… almost too cheerful. “I’m Rhade.”

Dressed in a plain white t-shirt with black shorts, he looks mostly human, but has green markings, like tattoos along his arms. While the bag is almost as big as he is, it does have wheels on it.

Rhade was about to address the shy fox, but the fox seems uninterested in chatting as the furry anthro leaves immediately.

“Guess not.”

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 08:08:13 pm »

Keith was about to say something to the fox person before he wandered off, so instead the 17 year old psychic turns his attention back to the nymph he'd offered to help out. Why was he so happy? Most of the other guardians had been annoyed by the forced movement

"Yeah that's me. I was helping the maintenance people get some of the rooms over here cleaned up, so they were nice enough to assign us room 1337. For some reason they thought that was really funny, but I'm not sure why. Do you know by any chance?

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 10:21:46 pm »

“1337?” Rhade furrows his brow and thinks really hard for a moment. “I think it’s a number letter thing, where you make a word with numbers 01134 on a calculator upside down is ‘hello’ and things like that. I bet there’s a web site we could look it up on. I mean if enough people are in on the joke than the joke should be easy to look up.” Rhade will chat amicably, but eventually the duffle becomes too heavy for him to hold up any longer and he lowers it to the ground.

“I have a question Keith… and I hope you give the right answer…”The nymph is all kinds of serious as he looks at the psion with determination. “How do you feel about Karaoke?”

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 06:24:45 am »

Keith freezes as Rhade asks about Karaoke, since he had no idea what that was, and his room mate to be seemed to think it was of the utmost importance. Was this some organization? A food? An enemy? Technology? He didn't Know... and the Nymph was waiting. He had to say something. Anything was better then just standing there confused.

Tilting his chin up he clears his throat and replies "I don't know him. Is he bothering you?"

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 05:11:22 pm »

…*ding*

It would be one thing if his new roommate hated it, but not knowing anything about it at all? That left it to Rhade to introduce it to Keith!

Best to make a good impression.

“Karaoke is not a person … it’s an activity.” Rhade smiles bright and wide. “I’m just asking because I do it all the time, and as my new roommate, I’d appreciate it if you joined in.” Rhade looks hopefully to Keith, though Rhade is a bit older than the teenage fire manipulator at the moment it seems like Rhade has all the excitement and impatience of a little kid.

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 09:57:12 pm »

Keith couldn't have visibly relaxed more at Rath's response then if he had let out a loud theatrical sigh. Sure, he still didn't know what Karaoke was, but the strange person he was going to be spending time with seemed to think it wasn't so bad so hey: why rock the boat by saying no?

"Ok. We're not going to get into any trouble for this are we?"

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 10:58:24 pm »

At the mention of potential trouble Rhade was slightly concerned. He had never honestly thought about it.

“The noise may make other people mad at us… maybe its better if we went out to a Karaoke Bar. Or the roof, I mean we can’t annoy too many people up there. I wish the dorm rooms had better sound proofing on their walls. “We could try being just really really quiet, but then we lose half the fun of singing as loud as we possibly can.” Rhade gets a look on his face like he is plotting something.

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2013, 09:25:10 pm »

While rhade may have an expression suggesting plotting, keith is somewhat relieved at the notion that karaoke was just singing and not anything that could rock the boat for the young psychic. Lord knows that boat rocking=bad.

"How about we drop our stuff off in our room and then we go up to the roof? I've got a key from maintenance to get up there, and if anyone needs us then we'll still be nearby."

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 04:45:22 am »

“Excellent Idea!” As he says this Rhade is delving into his huge duffle back and comes up with black electrical tape and paper. Lacking a pen Rhade instead cuts the tape into small pieces until he makes a recognizable sign – KARAOKE ON THE ROOFTOP – then he posts the sign right next to the list of rooms and new roommates.

“The more the merrier!” he gleefully mutters to himself as he applies a lot of black electrical tape to make sure the sign stayed up for more than 5 minutes.

“Lead the way Keith!” he says after he has finished.

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 10:53:59 pm »

After Keith land Rhade go to there room (which, despite being incredibly spartan, keith seems to think is the lap of luxury) to drop off there stuff, he fishes a key ring out of his box of personal effects and leads the way to one of the roof top stairwells. For a brief moment, he hesitates at the door because he knew he wasn't supposed to be up there without a good reason, but Mr. Darkmoor had told him he needed to open up to more people, and If he was going to be sharing a room with Rhade, shouldn't he be going along with him on stuff like this?

When the two guardians get up onto the roof, They'll find that the weather is pretty nice; 23 degrees centigrade, light breeze lots of sunshine, some birds singing. Odds are the pleasant tranquility of the summer day was going to explode once rhade started belting out tunes, but for the moment it's still nice.
Pages: [1] 2 3