Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: The God Machine (closedRP)  (Read 10849 times)

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
The God Machine (closedRP)
« on: May 16, 2013, 11:49:43 pm »

Dear Doctor Easton:
Enclosed is a set of jaunt coordinates, I’ve been working on a project that even I find a little hazardous. Malloy Keaton is involved and I predict a storm of trouble up ahead.  Please say you’ll come to the first large scale test of the God Machine scheduled to happen this Friday (relative time; temporal coordinates enclosed if needed).
—Cassandra von Boom

Doctor Easton would have found that letter lying on his desk at the end of a particularly hectic day, the coordinates lead to a large protosystem named ‘F.A.R.C.E.’ but unlike the name the RPG system is not whimsical. The system has a large degree of flexibility in regards to reality, and sports a high degree of science and technology. Also (much to Hugo’s chagrin) it promotes a strong presence of magic as well.

Malloy Keaton is a name that evokes headaches in many scientific minded individuals, including Dr. Easton who had the unhappy circumstance to meet him (and Miss von Boom) through the Brothel of Slating Intellectual Lusts (AKA “The University” in Hugo’s mind) in Purgatory where Hugo Easton had been imprisoned recently(*). Malloy loved to argue with Hugo’s theories, and though he is brilliant he is also surly and argumentative – especially with Hugo.

Before landing on the world of Altari in the FARCE RPG system, scans reveal a few disturbing facts about Malloy’s research facility. The world of Altari is largely uninhabited, only a dozen humanoid life forms exist. The ‘planet’ is so small and so far away from the nearest star that it shouldn’t be producing an oxygen breathing atmosphere, yet strangely one exists. Delving further reveals that the planet is completely artificial, and at the core of the planet there is no chemical molten process but a colossal device running from one hemisphere to another through the center of the planet and no less than 19 primitive reality batteries fueling the device. Foliage and rocky terrain exist on the surface, water as well; so the planet is inhabitable.

A deeper technology scan seems to indicate at least 3 types of jaunt travel present, one being a ship that has landed on the surface of the planet, the second type being the strange dimensional shifts that indicate the presence of the Azuredawn’s anchor, and last but even more sinister: a faint echo of a system shunt – used long ago. Though the reality batteries are not of Guardian technological origin they seem to be similar enough to cause some concern as to the potential of the (currently) powered down machine at the core of Altari.

The machine itself seems to have a resistance to scans of any type. Hugo can tell it has some sort of reality warping effect, but that’s it.

Something of this magnitude would be more than enough to unbalance some systems, but the Farce system seems strangely ok with a giant impossible technologies in it. Possibly because of the protosystem attributes the setting seems to make it a bit more flexible than normal. Also possible; FARCE is simply a system that incorporates huge reality shifting magic and technologies in it. There is simply not enough information on the system yet to determine which the case is.

Scans of the planet’s surface shows the main lab located on the frozen northern polar cap close to the top of the giant machine, the lab is where all of the life forms seem to be gathered and matches the planetary coordinates Miss von Boom sent. It is a large stone structure arranged to look like a modern looking fortress, there are quite a few rooms, and that’s not including the lab itself.

Hugo gets clearance to land inside fortress grounds. Despite it being a polar ice cap, the day is clear – though no sun shines in the sky there is no snow storm, and the weather is apparently calm and the sky is full of stars

Dear Rath:
Malloy has finally gone too far, and I need a backup plan. I have requested Dr. Easton attend, and I must ask you as well. The jaunt and temporal coordinates are enclosed, I will see you there.
—Cassie

Braelyn Renvares is not what you would call scientifically minded. When he saw the note, it only barely registered that Rath was going to see an old friend from Purgatory prison, considering how long his newly wed husband had spent in the prison it made perfect sense that Braelyn did not know all of Rath’s acquaintances, let alone a friend that could make Rath come to her seemingly at her beck and call.

A mysterious note that had his husband taking out his old leather armor? Plus whomever this Cassie was, she came from Purgatory, who knows? Maybe he’ll find other familiar faces there as well?

The Azuredawn did most of the work, he walked in through one door and came out into a stone like fortress that had a slight chill in the air. Though the decorations were sparse the building was warm, which was only surprising when he looked outside and saw all the snow. Though Rath and he were not allowed into the main laboratory, people were still arriving in the main hall, some from outside, and some from further inside the lab.

Rath went through the trouble of getting his old red and black leather armor out, and had his sword on standby. He entered the hall and looked around, noticing Cassie right off the bat he waved before guiding his husband out of the entrance so others could come in from the cold.

OOC: I have made some assumptions in this first post, and all of them were cleared by HugoPG and FayePG before I posted. Altari is a little smaller than Mercury.

(*)= to briefly recap an Mirc RP, Hugo Easton was sent to the interdimensional prison known as Purgatory for 30 cycles because his Avatar accused him of Hubris. Through dedicated perseverance Hugo shortened his prison term and was able to leave the prison early.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
Re: The God Machine (closedRP)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 03:39:14 pm »

Braelyn was quite content to allow Rath to guide him away from the entrance. This allowed him to spare the attention needed to take in both his surroundings as well as the individuals that were occupying them. Of particular interest was this Cassie woman, she who had so easily managed to summon his husband away from his life on Primary and into potential drama or danger. If Braelyn was being honest with himself, it was likely both that they would meet at some point.

Never the most patient type, Braelyn steps slightly ahead of Rath so that he might introduce himself to this fascinating woman. Brilliant white teeth flash his most charming smile, the cleric murmurs, "Please, let me introduce myself. I'm Braelyn Renvares. I don't believe we've had the pleasure of meeting before, so forgive my presumption in coming along. A friend of Rath's is a friend of mine; consider me here in the same capacity." He holds out his hand in a gesture of greeting.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 10:34:28 pm »

“Oh how nice to actually meet you Braelyn.” She takes off her thick work gloves and stuffs them into the back pocket of her black jumpsuit while returning his smile and shaking his hand. Her usually messy blond hair is tied back into a bun, and piercing blue eyes seem to memorize everything they see while looking at the blond cleric. “Wow, just by being here you’ve extended everyone’s lifespan by a few hours. We may actually survive this.” She seems genuinely amazed. “Well most of us…” she mutters casting the front door of the fortress a worried look.

Around the room the only faces Braelyn recognizes are Icarus speaking to Clark Pierce arguing about something in the far corner. Icarus seems to be in a business suit, but his horns, clawed hands and clawed feet are all exposed. Clark looks to have just come in from outside, dressed in a thick coat with gloves still on, brown haired head bobbing up and down in what looks like a vehement yet hushed argument.

Rath seems to have been sidelined by a lady in a simple green dress with red hair braided neatly down her back, she is holding up some kind of instrument to him that doesn’t seem to like Rath much as it starts fizzling and smoking after a moment.

Coming in from the inner lab is a man and a woman who look similar enough they could be siblings, the half elves are wearing matching white lab coats, black hair and blue eyes. Large tool belts circle each of their hips and the woman seems very concerned for some reason.

Heading over for Cassandra and Braelyn from the far side of the room was a tall man with short dark brown hair, a short beard, and a red and yellow lab outfit. Piercing black eyes seem to find Cassie and pin her to her spot, as he approaches he says in a low tone… “Where is he?”

“Braelyn this is Agrippa Lawrender, Agrippa, this is Braelyn, and he’ll be here… nine out of ten times he comes.” The last is directed at the newcomer.

Janus

• RPG Collector Supreme
  • Administrator
  • First Class Poster
  • "I'll explain that later."
    • Gamer's End RP Wiki
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 01:06:39 am »

“Applied Field Testing” was a phrase that had many meanings in Guardians R&D.  For some it was the assignment of nightmares, for others there was a sense of excitement.  For Hugo?  It was the perfect excuse to get out and not have anyone tag along that he didn’t want.

Even so, there was a certain sense of apprehension at not being without some sort of backup, though Faye (R&D’s new security liaison) was made aware of where Hugo was going and how to find him should anything be amiss.  Perhaps Hugo was getting old and finally feeling caution... or maybe he was taking to traveling alone because he was still feeling the sting of a failed relationship.  Whatever the case, Dr. Easton was not about to talk about it as he made his approach to the anomalous planetoid.

The field testing was on one of the newer Jauntship designs, a small scale infiltrator and scout ship design that was suitable for atmospheric and vacuum flight, as well as morphic/conversion properties to help it blend into whatever system the crew might enter.  In it’s default state it looked like a matte black geometric crystal... in it’s current form, it looked a lot more like the unholy lovechild of Leonardo DaVinci and Gene Roddenberry; articulated wings shifting and maneuvering as glowing red energy drivers help explain where thrust came from.  No weapons on the ship, and R&D’s inability so far to find ways to mount some was one of the more glaring hangups with the project.

Once landed, Hugo disembarks with ARTURo just a few paces behind him.  Rectangular glasses with dark red matte omni-directional lenses cover his eyes, his hands covered by black leather gloves, his segmented metal boots a dark gunmetal blue, and he wore a longer brown jacket with wide black lapels over a black vest and high collared grey shirt that all looked like they drew influence from cyberpunk and victoriana gaslamp Systems.  When he first tried it on, he was told he looked like “A supervillain walking around without their costume”. It was an instant sale.

“Master, I feel... displeased to have my larger weaponry parts stripped from this chassis.  I am calculating too many tactical situations where I...”  ARTURo’s voice was smoother and with more inflection than previous software versions, though this had more to do with the robotic familiar’s AI core developing and growing than anything Hugo has done.

“Give your bodyguard subroutines a lower priority, ARTURo.  We have traversed the interspatial expanse in the name of Science.  If there is any reason for us to perform prodigious quantities of property damage, or if there are lifeforms which require an annihilation of all functions... then I will be certain you never leave our homespace unarmed again.”
Doctor Hugo Easton - Mad SCIENCE!
Webhunter - College Student Werewolf
Azure Reg - Shadowrun Thief & British Mutant

Learn about them all by finding my links right HERE

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 03:35:34 pm »

"How lucky I'm in the business of ensuring survival."  He smiles again as he releases Cassandra's hand, clearly in his element. "Well well, I see some familiar faces...." He murmurs softly, his voice initially pleasant at the sight of Icarus but turning slightly bitter as his gaze sweeps over Clark. He couldn't be sure what the two were arguing about but Braelyn kept a tight lip on his hope that Icarus was reaming Clark out for something or another. That would give him some small measure of satisfaction.

His attire that evening is decidedly not scientific in nature; a mixture of armor and clothing, worn so as to match his husband, which was admittedly more clothing than armor. The only truly protective piece was a partially sleeved hauberk, made of leather rather than mail. It was colored black, boiled for additional protection, and adorned with stitched buckles (gold in color) down the front. Beneath the leather was flowing cloth the color of crimson, loose on the sleeves and adorned with the same golden detailing as the hauberk. His pants were made of the same cloth but were cut to be more shapely so as to ensure smooth, graceful movement.

Braelyn did enjoy appearing graceful, after all.

Self praise is put on hold when Cassandra draws his attention to a newcomer. The man, an serious fellow in a lab coat that Cassie introduced as Agrippa. The name isn't known to him nor is the visage that went with it. He would have to play this by ear and get a feel for who this person was, perhaps even make a pass at him should the opportunity arise and it seem appropriate enough to do so. Braelyn inclines his head by way of greeting, "Pleasure to meet you, Agrippa." He'll extend his hand much the same way as he did with Cassandra.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 10:02:29 pm »

Agrippa doesn’t seem to pay much attention to Braelyn, mostly because his attention is seized by the newest arrivals to the lab.

Hugo and Arturo enter the lab fortress and the main foyer seems to be gathering more people by the moment. A small brown haired woman enters from one of the side rooms in a big overcoat and a skirt, she has an arm full of paper that she starts passing out to everyone after she adjusts her thick black rimmed glasses. When she gets close to Braelyn’s group he’ll recognize Naomi Rice.

Icarus and Clark break apart their conversation when Naomi gets near and Icarus takes a moment to smooth out his features so he looks less angry before starting to head across the room towards Cassandra and Braelyn. Clark seems to be headed towards Rath. 

“Doctor Easton. Good to see you again.” Agrippa leaves Cassie and Braelyn while putting his hand inside his lab coat pocket, while approaching Dr. Easton he withdraws a folded paper from his coat. As Agrippa heads towards Dr. Easton, Cassie leans over towards Braelyn with a pleasant smile.

“Have you had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Easton yet? I think you two should get acquainted as soon as possible.” Cassie will head over to Dr. Easton making sure that Braelyn is coming along as well. Seeing the movement, Rath takes this opportunity to head towards Hugo in an effort to evade Clark and get down to business.

Icarus barely has a chance to wave at Braelyn before Cassie ushers him off, so he follows in the cleric’s wake after tossing the cleric a wink.

The pamphlets Naomi is handing out are a nice detailed and overly-technical-worded description of the machine and a call for reasonable people to shut the machine down, not much more can be seen about the pamphlet without taking a nice good long read.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 04:29:12 pm »

Braelyn accepts the documentation from Naomi with a polite smile, but truth be told his attention was fixed entirely on Hugo just then. To Cassandra, he murmurs without taking his eyes off the mad doctor, "I know of him but I haven't had the pleasure of making his acquaintance yet. Now's as good a time as any to fix that." He continues to be all smiles as he swishes his way behind his husband's friend. Speaking of said other half, he finally notices that Rath is on his way to join them. oO(Good. I'm not sure I like him being off by himself like that with Clark around...better that he rejoins me now, I think.)

The wink is not lost on Braelyn and he manages to return it (with a slight pursing of his lips) before walking up to Dr. Easton. Paper in one hand and the other held out for a shake, he says, "Why, fancy seeing you here Dr. Easton!" His voice is all cheerfulness and warmth, with just this side of flirtation to it. "My sister has spoken so highly of you for so long that I've just been dying to meet you but, sadly, with things being so busy with my business I'm afraid I haven't been able to make the time. Ah, but here we are now, yes?"

He glances briefly at the pamphlet then and absorbs that it's about the machine. He doesn't understand a word of it, of course, but he doesn't have time just then to take a more thorough look. "About this machine, mm? You know much about it? Ah, I'm sorry. I'm getting a little ahead of myself aren't I? All this talking and I haven't been polite enough to introduce myself. The name's Braelyn Renvares - I'm Faye's brother. Of course, you know my husband Rath, yes?" He motions to wherever Rath was standing just then. Presumably, his husband is close at that point.

Janus

• RPG Collector Supreme
  • Administrator
  • First Class Poster
    • Gamer's End RP Wiki
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 08:21:00 pm »

Hugo is about to give his usual ‘Good?  What is so good?’ response to the greeting from Agrippa, but it stalls before passing his lips.  The scientist in red and yellow had actually taken true time and effort to not only understand the path of Etherite Science, but give true critical thought to his own theories and methods.  There had been difficult times on this path to understanding... but a mind challenged is not always a mind at peace.

“Yes, Mr. Lawrender, I had not expected your presence... but given Ms. Von Boom’s request it should have been a circumstance within reason.”  Looking down at the pamphlet, there is an immediate scowl at the word ‘God’ in the title.  “Please tell me you were not in support of this... manipulatively metaphorical naming method.”

Agrippa would be able to recognize ARTURo only by some conceptual schematics he had seen while studying under Hugo, and the robodog is pacing a bit as it runs passive scans around its master.  It’d like a dog sniffing the ground in a new area, only this dog has gas spectrometer and electron laser aided senses.

Once the others approach, Hugo looks up and feels his face harden into a visage of academic readiness.  These were scientists; they might at least understand his peculiarities and be able to conceive of how important theories and work was.  However there were others there... other that were NOT scientists; notably Rath and Braelyn.

When Braelyn speaks of Faye, Hugo feels another of those social panic moments.  New person... knew someone intelligent and valuable... damn, can't just snub them,  "Ahhh... Ms. Rivera has not... informed me greatly of her family.  I knew she had one, though.  Relative relativity, if you will."  Was that a joke?  It's hard to tell, Hugo just looks extremely awkward in being approached like this.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 03:36:16 pm »

Although Braelyn's eyes light up as Hugo replies to him, his voice takes on a vaguely wounded cadence, "My dear sister hasn't spoken much of me? Oh, that woman wounds me." He chuckles softly, clearly more amused than his voice had let on just then. "No worries, no worries. You with your humor make up for that, at least." He winks at Hugo as though the two of them were sharing some sort of private joke.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 08:47:17 pm »

“I most certainly do not agree with the naming method, nor the machine itself.” Whatever more Agrippa might have said is lost when the others come up. He casts the woman holding the papers out a meaningful glance and then waits until Miss von Boon has a chance to elaborate. Instead Agrippa studies ARTURo for a bit – from a respectable distance. He did not know what sort of weaponry could be equipped and had no desire to test the AI protocols at this moment.

“Oh Braelyn, you are just a dear.” Cassie chimes in, hoping to distract the charismatic cleric from seeing Hugo in one of his socially awkward moments. Cassandra has been blessed with a lot of empathy and knows that Hugo and groups don’t usually mix well.

“Clark is here Cassie, why the hell didn’t you warn me?” Rath nods to Hugo as he joins the group before fixing the lady scientist with a stern glare.

“That is actually related to why I called you gentlemen over. Dr. Easton, Mr. Renvares, I’m afraid the weight of worlds are on your shoulders, Rath my dear, I’m sorry but your anchor probably isn’t going to survive this without a lot of help.” She pauses a moment to let the information sink in. 

“Dr. Keaton with the help of the Pierce’s and the Xavier’s and Miss Rice over there have devised a machine that they claim creates worlds out of nothing and places them in jauntspace. Creating new systems out of nothing is supposedly what Gods do, hence the name of the machine. I’ve had Mr. Lawrender look at the Machine when Miss Rice contacted me and he agrees that the machine does something far more disastrous than that.” Cassie takes a deep breath and forges on. “In truth I’ve looked at the probability patterns, Dr. Easton… We are going to fall outside of reality. Then within 24 hours this machine will pull this system along with it. Within a week this entire area of Jauntspace will be a hole that unravels everything. I wish I could say it’s easy enough to just stop the machine, but something is going to happen that I can’t quite see.” Cassie looks frustrated at this.

“I’ll be of limited use once the machine finishes being warmed up. Dr. Easton, you know that Rath and Braelyn don’t have the ambition to pull something like this off…” she lowers her voice to a whisper, “They are the only ones I can vouch for as allies in all of this. Mr. Lawrender has some disturbing habits lately, and poor Miss Rice is quite insane, she designed the reality batteries down below. Let’s not forget Icarus who got them all the materials. I wish I had more useful information to give, but really all I can say is that Malloy Keaton has gone too far this time.”

Seeing Cassie huddle the group together and speak in low tones gives Icarus some bad feelings. He pauses a moment to watch the interaction from a ways behind while Naomi hands out pamphlets yet again. Clark likewise does not seem pleased that Cassie is talking with everyone so candidly. This exclusion from the group irks both men enough for them both to approach Casandra’s group after she has finished saying how Keaton has gone too far. Clark’s face twists into one of anger, while Icarus glides in from the other side.

“Dr. Easton so nice to finally make your acquaintance.” The incubus extends a hand for Hugo to shake. “Rath and Braelyn, so nice to see you two darlings again, I was pretty sure that I was never going to have the good fortune of running into you after your prison terms ended.” Seeing Clark the Incubus smiles once again. “And this is Mr. Clark Pierce, one of the most resourceful employees I’ve ever had.” Clark stops approaching, instead he leaves and looks for someone else.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:53:05 pm by Rath »

Janus

• RPG Collector Supreme
  • Administrator
  • First Class Poster
    • Gamer's End RP Wiki
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 05:40:07 am »

By all the decimal places of pi, why is it that people are all so 'pleased' to meet Hugo?  Recognizing a Type 3 Phagic Entity (Emotional feeder) for what it is, Hugo pulls off one of his gloves and offers the smooth golden mechanical hand to the incubus.  "I doubt you will feel that way for long.  It is often the effect I have.  Speaking of effects..."  The grimace on Hugo's face is one of focus, though not disdain.  If this really was to be as he was told, then this was complex engineering and physics at work... and it's existence needed to at least be respected.

"I understand the need to discover, to create, unfettered by simple moralistic dogma or cultural inclinations.  But if the mathematics are pointing to disaster, then what is it that keeps this work proceeding apace?"

ARTURo seems to tense a bit, and moves up close next to his master's side.  He will immediately begin taking closer scans of the scientists that are apparently responsible for this facility, especially if they were potential opposition to the Doctor.  No lifesign information, but at the very least the familiar should be able to perform scans on their dimensional nature... to start.

((Mage Effect that looks for signs of System linkage or System of Origin.  Excellent result = System of Origin and rough coordinates on where to find the System.  Good result = System name or names of more well known systems that have major influence on the System.  Normal result = Genre bases of the system.  Poor result = if Hugo has ever visited their base System.  Critical fail = false information.  Paradox possibility = Low, with any backlash being a minor glitch in ARTURo's optics or equivalent trivial hindrance))

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2013, 03:28:24 pm »

Braelyn's face appears a stony mask the moment Cassandra mentions the odds of Rath's anchor surviving. Inwardly, the cleric is at once both livid that this was even a possibility and relieved that he had thought to come along. With him here, there was going to be someone with Rath's interests at heart should things go the way Miss von Boom fears it might. oO(Whoever even thinks of harming Rath, anchor or no, is going to have to answer to me...) He reaches for Rath and squeezes his arm just above the elbow.

It's with great effort that Braelyn pulls his thoughts out of their dark mire and back to the conversation at hand. He returns just in time to hear the bit about what Gods supposedly do, to which he can only nod. oO(Within the context of my home system that's precisely what the Gods did. In Primary, well...some of the people there are seen as Gods because they can do the same thing. Hard to argue that logic when you look at it through my background...)

The bit about falling outside of reality doesn't bother him nearly as much as the thought of scientists trying to play God. It was one thing for ignorant Primarians to go creating systems willy-nilly because they didn't know better, but for people to be doing it consciously just rubs him the wrong way. Add to that the fact that the life of his husband was apparently on the line and that made for a situation that Braelyn was more than happy to interfere with. If Braelyn is able to catch the whispers, he will mentally catalogue all the names and what they contributed to this "God-Machine" project.

Quick to spy Clark approaching, Braelyn throws his most withering stare at the man. Though he couldn't be sure, he tells himself that Clark abruptly turns around because of the sheer force of his baleful look. It wasn't likely the truth but thinking of it that way made Braelyn feel a smidge better about this current discussion. For Icarus, he puts on a smile that was admittedly a touch on the strained side, "Likewise, Icarus. It's quite nice to see you again."

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 10:54:47 pm »

“That’s just it Dr. Easton, Malloy won’t let us see the mathematics, Mr. Lawrender and I are using minor reality manipulations to get my information.” Cassandra flushes a little as if embarrassed by this fact.

“Then it seems like you may be worrying for nothing. After all, in my experience things are rarely as bad as they seem.” Icarus gives his most reassuring smile, not seeming to notice Hugo’s deliberate use of his prosthetic hand for the shake. He also doesn’t seem to note the slightly strained note in Braelyn’s voice when greeted by the cleric.

Rath notices Braelyn’s reassuring squeeze, and pulls the cleric into a brief one-armed hug before letting go. Clark seems to have recovered from Braelyn’s withering gaze and has instead taken to talking with Naomi Rice in low hushed tones, pointing angrily down at the pamphlets she is passing around.

Looking around Both Braelyn and Hugo will notice that the one person that hasn’t come out to greet them has been Malloy Keaton – the man seems to be absent from the main foyer – and hasn’t surfaced from deeper inside the lab.

The main foyer has 4 doors, one on each wall of the room, two of the doors (to the left and right walls when facing into the room from the entrance) are made of wood. Both the entrance into the lab and the door to outside are made of solid reinforced metal, but then the lab door opened earlier it was almost 1 ft thick.

OOC: I have sent 2 PM’s out, the rest of the information has been sent directly to the players.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 04:11:41 pm »

Braelyn seems mollified after the hug, though only somewhat. Even with Rath reassuring him there was still so much on his mind just then. oO(Naomi being involved is somewhat of a concern here, but only somewhat. I don't like that I don't know what Clark's role in all this and that he's talking to Naomi can't be good. It almost seems too convenient given his past with Rath...a personal stake in this, maybe? Does he think that he could get his hands on Rath through this? Or am I just being paranoid?)

Feeling that he wouldn't be remiss in seeking further reassurance, Braelyn rubs his right hand over his signet ring. The voice of his patron deity was as silent as the day he first awoke in Primary, but the simple act of seeking comfort from it was enough to help him steel his thoughts. oO(Well. No sense in worrying too much just yet. I've too little answers to too many questions, but observation might pay off if I don't let myself get too distracted by worries.) Aloud, he murmurs in a casual, nonchalant sort of way, "My. Wouldn't it be nice if Malloy would at least come greet the lot of us?"

He looks over to the lab and wonders what an ethereal jaunt through that 1 foot thick door might net him. It was an option to explore in the near future, perhaps.

Janus

• RPG Collector Supreme
  • Administrator
  • First Class Poster
    • Gamer's End RP Wiki
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 02:36:55 am »

Hugo isn't sure he likes the smile given to him.  It reminded him too much of the Technocracy Agents in his own home campaign... assuring the public that all would remain calm, just so long as they conformed to the plan and did not introduce anything too "unexpected".  Science was all about the unexpected... the impossible... the mysteries.  Trying to understand and explain them always brought more questions; but without the unknown then a scientist would be without purpose.

"In my experience, matters are rarely as in control as we wish them to be.  Considering how you are attempting a complete a device that will be delving into concepts deeper than any rational or dimensionally cogent being completely understands, my own inner voices are warning me to tread carefully."

If Hugo Easton's reputation is known at all to any that are present, they are allowed a few moments for that to sink in.

"Is this facility born of an act of pure research, or are there greater designs behind what you are proposing this machine will do?"

While Hugo speaks, ARTURo receives commands for his internal storage to start readying a few parts.  Anyone paying more attention to the botweiller than the med scientist will hear the sounds of whirring and soft 'clanks' before a panel unfolds and a tray of various technical gizmos presents itself for Hugo to take at his convenience.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7