Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Nothing's ever easy (semi-open RP)  (Read 9305 times)

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
Re: Nothing's ever easy (semi-open RP)
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2013, 05:43:22 pm »

In a separate telepathic message to Gaddez himself, Rhiann instructs, #When the two leaders come to you, tell them it is the Goddess' will that the war between their peoples be ended. No more must they attack each other on sight, but rather let each go their own way. They MUST do this ere they both die the final death, for none shall survive if they continue. As of this day all they do will change and all who kill must pay the price. She who kills even one of the other People must be Changed to replace the one she kills.#
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 05:45:54 pm by Rhiann »
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2013, 10:11:18 pm »

Around the same time that the Par'du and the Sa'uk are leveling there weapons at each other, the sensation of compassion that emanates from the tree shifts to one of concern that everyone can feel in the core of their being; The tree by it's nature is protective of it's residents and doesn't recognize a difference between the two races of Sau'du. Mercifully though, Rhiann's actions bring a moment of peace and afford The orc an opportunity to speak.

"I'm not going to pretend to fully understand the intricacies of the Par'du Sa'uk diplomatic relations, and I'm sure If I ask either of you what your problem with the other is, I'm going to get a big long explanation about how the other side is manifest evil. So f**k it I'm not going to.

"Instead, I'm gonna talk to you both about Math. Even with the changelings that the goddess has provided you, There isn't enough of either of you to keep fighting this war; even if one of you goes full genocide and erradicates the other from existence, there won't be enough left of you to recover, and Both races of Sau'du will go extinct. It won't matter who won because no one will exist to remember it.

"I went through hell to bring this tree here, so that the people of this world could have a Beacon of hope. It can shelter you from whatever beast threatens you, provide healing to the sick and injured and I believe it can recover land lost to radioactive fallout from the bombs that fell so long ago. All you have to do, is stop fighting each other here.

"Now I'll be honest: I haven't always understood the actions of the goddess. But the fact that I succeeded and that tree grew in the soil of this world tells me I must be doing something right by her, so how about this to maintain the peace: If one of you kills one of the others, you undergo the changing ritual to become one of the other race."

Stepping back from both Grandmother and the shaman (who gaddez suspects is Hsaarra) and folds his arms

"So what's it going to be ladies: Life or death? Peace or war?"

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2013, 04:47:16 am »

A crack of epic-level thunder crashes in the clear green sky, followed by an image of one each of the current attendees undergoing the change--not voluntarily, but as punishment for the crime of killing her opposite. For just a moment, each group sees one of their own BECOME one of the hated enemy, before the vision fades.

Gaddez knows that each leader fully understood the message, even though his language is not theirs.

Simultaneous with the realization of that understanding, every single airborne missile snaps in two before falling to the ground. The goddess' glow fades, returning to surround only the priestess who returns to stand at Gaddez' side.

The Pardu Shaman and the Sa'uk Eldest both look at each other for a long moment. With a signing of her normal hands, she gestures for a truce, showing both hands empty, then raising her second arms and spreading those thin fingers as well, signing her complete lack of weapons. A few more gestures which suddenly come into Gaddez' mind in a kind of pidgin essentially says, "I lay down my weapons to consider this Thing. I will speak to my pride to pass this person's instructions. We will not attack if we are not attacked."

The Eldest seems to have received the same message, the meaning of the signing impressed into her mind as though planted there by the Goddess herself. With that knowledge, she pulls an ancient steel blade from her belt, the hilt wrapped in rawhide strips, and lays it on the ground before Gaddez, pointing away from him. She then matches the Pardu's signs, changing one to indicate her tribe. The then signs that she would greet the other formally, discretely scenting her hand and stepping forward to present its back to her opposite.

The Pardu's ears prick at the gesture, a sense of wariness and confusion both in her body language before she attempts to match the gesture, though admittedly not quite so gracefully. The Eldest uses her un-scented hand to delicately lift the Pardu hand to her nose with a very obvious flensing expression, then waits as the shaman introduces herself--not, perhaps to Gaddez' dismay, Hsaarra but definitely one with apparently a little more knowledge of the history of the war than her sisters. She then accepts the Eldest's scent in the same manner as the Eldest names herself as leader of one of the oldest tribes to survive the cataclysm.

They both take one step backwards away from the other, then formally turn to face their respective groups, whereupon the Eldest lifts silently into the air and the other walks with strides that would make even Gaddez run to keep up over to her sisters. It becomes quickly obvious that both groups are asking a lot of questions and equally obvious that the thought of being Changed into one of the others was not viewed favorably.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 04:50:56 am by Rhiann »
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2013, 04:18:45 am »

With the dust settling and both sides having temporarily chosen not to throw down Gaddez considers his options; If the plan was going to work he was going to need to have both sides invested and that meant getting on speaking terms with the Par'du.

With that thought in mind, the orc begins heading over to the Par'du. He wasn't sure if the party understood english, but the cats were very clever according to everything he'd heard about them. Hopefully he'd be able to put the big brain of his to work learning how there language worked.

The other thing he had to hope for was that Grandmother wasn't going to be too salty that he didn't go to her first.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]