Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: FLATS RUNS RP???? Concluded  (Read 9801 times)

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
Re: FLATS RUNS RP???? (It's STARTING - slowly)
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2012, 08:41:09 pm »

Upon arrival in the system, Keith (who could reasonably pass for a normal 17 year old) quickly scans the area and swiftly considers his options; climb to the top of a tailings pile to try and survey the area or try and make for the town where the person was probably going to look for other people. Obviously though, someone else on the team would know to do these things though and would tell him to do them. If they thought they were important of course.

With a blink and a whim, the young psychic activates his see aura power and looks over the immediate area for a second time. While the main use for see aura was to guage other people's abilities, a less obvous aspect of it was that pretty much any living thing had one and would be wreathed in a unique color pattern... making it much easier to spot them even when they were camouflaged. The handful of times he had looked at animals with it, Keith had noticed that they tended to be kind of bland and boring since they tended to be well... bland and boring. If the animals in this system were smart though, then they'd probably be a lot more interesting.

Tellana

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Recruit
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2012, 02:36:27 pm »

Nightwhisper is wearing some simple black clothes over her body armor, hopefully just enough to make her look inconspicuous. While jaunting, the scruffy-looking catwoman also taps her CM and changes into a plain, brown-haired human woman. Scratching her face as she lands in the system, she grumbles something about rubbish human senses, then crouches down to peer around for any signs of life other than their own, while sniffing the air rather uselessly.

"If it's all fine and good with you guys, I'll let you handle any interaction with the critters. I'd rather not be a housecat today. Or any day."

Nekane

• Second Class Poster
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2012, 04:18:52 pm »

Nekane doesn't even need to use a CM to sufficiently alter her appearance to something more human-typical; a small expenditure of essence and her skin takes on a more human-typical hue, her hair turns black, and the gem and circuitry delicately tracing across her skin disappears. She's already clad in civvies-- shorts and an overlarge red and white hoodie, carefully concealing Nasty, so she doesn't need too many more alterations.

While the others extend their senses in magical fashion, she pulls out the map of the town and smooths it out against a convenient nearby flat surface before poring over it, musing. "Iiiii bet... they'll probably be in one of the more sturdy buildings, cuz winter.." She checks the map and compares it to her surroundings, looking for such a suitable location, and will head toward there if one can be found!

Achelea

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2012, 04:41:19 am »

Kiara's arrival is the same as others, and then some. The CM changed her to a human, this time to one of oriental decent, her short hair straight. She looks herself over, then hmms, nodding to herself. Other than being human, her white heart shape on her chest was changed to a heart shaped tattoo, with a black bunny in the center. This gives her a moment's pause to look at her CM. "Very funny..." she shakes her head and checks herself momentarily before she scans the area, looking for anything out of the ordinary. She sniffs the air a bit, hoping the CM didn't ruin her sense of smell.

She then glances to the ground, for footsteps other than their own..
"I may not agree with what you say, but I sure as Heck will fight to the death for your right to say it."

http://tgg.stormdragon.org/index.php?topic=133.0

Fluri-Mouse

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2012, 07:27:24 am »

Fluri meanwhile had come in the Steel Golem, The 7 foot tall battleframe bristling with weapons and armor. And an experimental holographic camouflage  system that camouflages the suit and its tiny occupant as a 6 foot tall female human in a dark business suit, sunglasses and smirk. The CM would not do much for the Steel Golem at this point. Instead it's various storage compartments hold extra CM's Jaunt Beacons, Emergency recall devices, hand weapons and mouse sized gear.

She casts around with the sensors, checking motion, life signs and energy signatures within half a kilometer.

"Everyone spread out a bit and keep in contact."

Flatstompa

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Recruit
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2012, 12:27:06 am »

Dav looks for footprints in the immediate area, and most of what she finds are either human boot prints that are days old, possibly from workers, or animal tracks ( dogs and cats, possibly, any smaller tracks are too degraded to be sure they even were tracks ). However she also finds a set of prints that are more recent, hours old, or from the previous day. These prints suggest both unevenly worn down soles and also that the owners was sort of meandering around the area, wandering to and fro between the pieces of machinery before making it halfway up a chat pile, then descending again rather carelessly and heading towards town. 

Keith activates his aura detection power. He does sense some life around him, (depending on the functionality of the power, some even underground). Nothing that seems to have had a direct line of sight on the group's arrival though. (What's the range on this anyway?) It seems like there aren't any animals hanging around near the heavy machinery, possibly because it's owned by a SQ front company, so animals might actually respect its property.

Nightwhisper and Kiara
(possibly also Dav? Does the worgen's human form have human senses?) both find that the CM is tuned enough to allow them to retain their sense of smell beyond the human norm. Being that you're currently surrounded by mine tailings, machinery, and a winter day, there's not too many unexpected smells, although there's a very faint trace of something that hasn't been here long before leaving again. It's very difficult to tell for sure at this stage. Something like lighter fluid, maybe? But actual lighter fluid probably wouldn't leave a lingering smell like that. Too faint or too old for you to really pin down at this point.

Nekane pulls out her map, and while she can pretty much immediately tell that it's not quite accurate in terms of number and placement of demolished buildings (it seems this place has more residences left standing), you think the map will still be useful enough. However, in comparing map to surroundings, she spots a sign indicating a soup kitchen and residences with working heat deeper in the city, offered as shelter to local squatters. Why the corporation running this place offers these is anyone's guess. The place will be easy enough to find with the help of the map.

Fluri's sensors will notice a lot of motion and lifesigns. Animal populations withing abandoned buildings or just under the ground, depending on how penetrating these sensors are, leaves on the wind, the usual things. Nothing moving towards the group at a threatening pace anyway. Would these sensors be blocked by sufficient amounts of soil or are they strong enough to penetrate half a kilometer into the earth also?

To sum up, Nekane found a likely location for the local squatters to hang out, someone who was not a worker has been here recently before heading into town, there may be a slightly odd smell about this place, your arrival event has not been directly observed by anyone nearby, the area is likely to be populated by small animals who will avoid contact out of habit.

--------------

Somewhere else, underground.

"We just got word from Tri-State Overwatch - East Coast Vigil called in an event in our direction."

"Our direction? That's...unusually vague."

"True, but West Coast Watch didn't notice anything, Diligence on the Canadian border still hasn't worked the glitches out of their equipment, and Turnstyle Silo still don't have a working detector because critical parts are being withheld for 'security reasons'. Something in the area had the Administration spooked. So we get 'in our direction' and they can't narrow it down. Everyone from here to the east coast is on alert - much further west of here and West Coast would have noticed."

"Fine then. Put more feet on the ground and wings in the air. Quiz everyone. Anyone tells our agents something funny, they report it. Admin already thinks something may be up near the Tar Creek Complex, so it'd be just our luck to get more trouble."

« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 12:31:58 am by Flatstompa »

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2012, 04:37:43 pm »

In human form, Dav is all human, though in a warrior sense. As such, she won't have noticed any but the most unusual and stronger aromas (which considering the locale will probably have a metallic, dusty 'flavor' to them.) On the other hand, once everyone has arrived and Fluri takes charge, she sounds off.

"I have tracks that seem to indicate a disoriented or vaguely curious person passing through here within the last day or so. Whoever it was, I'd guess it was our target, ended up going down--probably into town.  I also think this place is fairly regularly visited by mine workers, so keep alert!."
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Achelea

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2012, 12:58:35 am »

Kiara sniffs the air again and tilts her head, then nods in agreement to the scent. After a moment or so, she thinks and walks to where the footsteps go up the chat pile, looking around, wondering what might have caught their visitor's attention...

"Being a Mine, that might be a bit apparant." she comments to Dav, grinning...
"I may not agree with what you say, but I sure as Heck will fight to the death for your right to say it."

http://tgg.stormdragon.org/index.php?topic=133.0

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2012, 05:43:58 pm »

"Sorry, I thought the briefing said Primary's version of the mine was abandoned--except for clean-up operations. No signs of attempted cleanup here and if it were operating I thought we'd hear and see more signs than just a few boot prints. The gnomes and goblins on Azeroth are much more active and when they abandon a place, they abandon it; I'd far more expect to see spiders or other critters take over than what I've seen here so far."

(No, she's not arguing, just explaining why she gave the warning. After all, she has no first-hand experience with Primary-style mining operations.)
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2012, 02:40:40 am »

((Will send a PM with notes on See aura)

Hrrm.... There appeared to be a power struggle in the group. Maybe he should put some of his own expieriences out?

"Umm... back home, Dbees -people who came through the rifts- usually went looking for the nearest town because they thought it was safer then being out in the wilds. The person we're looking for might be looking for answers as well over there."

Nekane

• Second Class Poster
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2012, 01:48:44 am »

"Weeeird, guess there's still inhabitants! Even a soup kitchen! I bet that'd be a place to find our mystery lady."

Nekane will promptly start off thataway! She is SMART and makes INFERENCES and WILD GUESSES.

Tellana

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Recruit
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2013, 01:11:07 am »

Nightwhisper is relieved to find that her senses are at least a little better than the (in her view) extremely dull ones of a human. Some low-light vision always helps in a crisis. Feeling confident that no lurking dangers are waiting to pounce them right this instant, she relaxes and clasps her dagger sheaths shut. Noticing that Nekane is already moving, the cat-woman follows her, but skips a few steps ahead to scout.

"Let's start moving then, ladies and gents. Unless you're planning to start a campfire and sing kumbaya." she throws back in the direction of the team, before heading off with Nekane.

Fluri-Mouse

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2013, 05:00:16 am »

Fluri checks in the direction that Nekane indicates and others are beginning to follow.  Her sensors are pretty good but are interfered with my strong E.M. and other radiations and do not get as much resolution after about 200 feet of rock and soil. Depending on the composition.

"I'm picking up all sorts of life-forms.. nothing definate however and nothing alarming.. Our Person of Interest may be down there. I'd prefer to use some stealth before we go ahead and wander right into the middle of town and start asking questions. Remember that it's not just the humans we have to worry about being observed by here.  I know for a fact that a mouse does not need fancy tech to watch goings on for miles in any direction while staying quite hidden. Lets come in from a vector that involves some cover so we can take stock of the situation while keeping hidden ourselves as much as we can.. Fly Casual, but don't look like you're flying casual."

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2013, 05:33:55 am »

Somewhat relieved that Nekane had apparently reasserted command of the away team, Keith begins following at a discreet distance, scanning the countryside. Fluri's suggestion that the guardians be careful not to draw attention from small eyes reminds the young psychic of his home system and the faeries that plagued the forests of north america, though based on the warnings that they'd been provided (and the suggestions that they were capable fighters small stature notwithstanding) told him that they'd be considerably more dangerous then annoying if they revealed themselves.

For good measure, he'll reactivate his see aura power if it seems like it'll run out before they reach the city's outskirts. Small and innocuous as the Status quo members might be, they'll appear quite colorful thanks to their auras (some would describe the experience as "tripping balls").

Flatstompa

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Recruit
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2013, 06:00:38 pm »

The group heads into town. It looks rather deserted at first glance, with many demolished buildings leaving empty lots overgrown with plant life. Nevertheless, outside of the immediate vicinity of the mining waste, the town is very much alive - birds can be seen lazily circling overhead now, and occasionally a rodent scuttles through the shadows. What buildings remain are also usually covertly inhabited by animals, according to Fluri's sensors. Naturally, of course, any visible animals give no obvious indication of higher intelligence, although Keith's aura sight will tell him that they are fully intelligent. It's difficult to tell if any of them (if they are paying attention) find anything out of the ordinary with the group of Guardians. Especially since the flying animals are fairly high up. At some point, the team passes a large sign declaring
"Tar Creek Mine and Forestry Reclamation funded by the EnTrOx Corporation"
The Tar Creek Superfund site is slated to be transformed into a nature reserve following the conclusion of reclamation efforts.
"Leading the way into the future, cleaning up the messes of the past! EnTrOx: Energy, Transport, Oxygen." The EnTrOx logo seems to be a circle, bisected by a wavey line ~~~ with a stylized space rocket (cigar shape, fins at the back) pointing diagonally upwards, and a stylized submarine (largely the same cigar shape with fins, plus tiny conning tower, pointing diagonally down).

It seems a little like a publicity stunt on the surface, since abandoned mine lands are usually cleaned up out of the Abandoned Mine Reclamation fund, although the benefits to Status Quo of nominally controlling a stretch of land like this are obvious. Not much beyond the sign, the group begins to hear fragments of a conversation. Since the animal populations are very quiet in the open, and there is no real human habitation, sounds carry, unimpeded by the usual background noise of human civilization.

"...kick'er out!"
"Look,  I'm sorry guys, but we can't just eject someone from the soup kitchen just because you think she's a weirdo. She doesn't raise a ruckus, she gets to stay." The voice of a middle-aged male, trying to sound patient, but mostly sounding bemused.

"Fine, then we're leaving." "Yep. Tha' girl ain't put together right." These two sound rather unsettled, and probably not as forceful as they'd like to sound.

"Aww  man....look here. It's going to be cold tonight so how about this." The voice pauses. "You can spend the night up in Treece, I'll call ahead so the night shift guys let you stay at the Cafeteria, where you got heat at least. I'll tell the boys that woman needs some lookin' at, but no promises. Best I can do for you."

"Thanks man, that's better than we expected."

You're at a street corner. You have not been seen, but can make a good guess that the conversation took place close by. A nearby sign indicates the presence of an EnTroPol security checkpoint (and informs about the availability of first aid kits), presumably right around the corner. With the help of Nekane's map (and knowing that Treece is north of here) it seems that it would be trivial to avoid contact with either party of the conversation, if you wanted - a bit of a detour to where you're going, but nothing bad. It's not like anyone is going to care about you trampling through a backyard. You could also try to get information out of one or all of the people you just overheard.

--------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere underground

"We got reports from Picher that someone's got some of the local homeless spooked enough to leave the shelter. No violent disturbance or anything. Our Uninformed security has not taken a closer look yet."

"Aight - send someone small to the shelter to figure out what's going on there....this may be the recent Event or whatever Admin suspects is skulking around the area."

"Done. One more thing, Eye in the Sky reports new visitors. Not all of them look real homeless, one of is all fancy in a suit and shades. One of them carries, uh, a hammer and an axe?"

"Huh. Tell em to keep an eye on what they want. Might be the feds - topside EnTrOx is going to have to manage that through their own channels. Not sure why the EPA would bring a lumberjack, though. Anyway, tell me what we got to project force on human scale if things go pear shaped?"

"It's not looking good, but might be workable. We got one partybus all gassed up and crewed, and Cardin sent word they got two of those EIMOS units converted for rodent control. A mass infantry deployment could also possibly be covered up with enough bribes and discrediting for what few humans we have topside at the moment. Most elements of MTF Zeta-Four-Velvet are still hours out, though last we heard they're trying to hurry along what they can without getting noticed."

"Tell everyone to stand by and find out why Treece hasn't send in a ready report yet."
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 06:30:52 pm by Flatstompa »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7