Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)  (Read 8732 times)

TheBritt

• Forum Recruit
    • http://www.theimperium.org
Re: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2012, 05:00:54 am »

OOC: Such perfect timing. This is going to be hilarious.  ;D

---

Elsewhere in the Sewer
Lucy Pine-McClean

About the time that Nick and his annoying pet showed up Lucy Pine-McClean disappeared into the sewers. She was aware that there were grim beasties lurking within the darkness of the London sewers and that was why she was here. She wasn't here to go running around looking for stupid kids. The group had been so enraptured with the sob story they had completed forgotten her. She imagined Techsupport, the only member of their group that she was familiar with, had literal tears streaming down his face at the tale. Married men were worse than little girls.

Lucy quietly chuckled to herself, making note to store that joke for later. Either way Techsupport seemed to have forgotten the possible monster incursion and whilst Dav the werewolf seemed to be sentient and sensible, the fact she was here with no real understanding of where she was proved to be an issued in Lucy's mind. How many other things had managed to slip down here along with Dav, or even from other systems. Dav was going to get picked up by the Gaming Guardians at some point, Lucy reckoned, but that wasn't the job of a Powergamer anymore. She was just here to kick ass.

Brimming with confidence and the thrill of the chase Lucy Pine-McClean rushed, as quietly as she could, down the sewer corridors. She was careful not to step into the water where she'd make a lot of noise and get even more unclean. She wasn't adverse to a bit of muck but she didn't want to go paddling in poop if she could avoid it.

She came across a stairway leading upwards to a higher tier of the sewer. These old sewage systems were more like labyrinthine mazes and for a moment Lucy had to consider the possibility that entire maze-like sections of alternate systems might have been dragged in and used to expand this underground world. She reached the top of the stairwell and continued to hurry. She felt impatience grow within her having seen just a bunch of old, fat rats and nothing as dangerous as a puffle. Her finger wiggled on the trigger of her gun as she came to a stop at a junction - she peeked around it.

"Holy cr-!"

A massive snake-like tail struck Lucy and the wall she was taking cover behind, sending both the woman and the bricks from the wall tumbling across the sewer floor - sending them into the dirty liquid that streamed by. On all fours Lucy considered herself lucky not to have taken a deeper plunge. She whipped her weapon from the murky water, casting a quick thankful thought to her gun working despite being wet, and fired a shining bullet that whizzed towards the snake-woman. The young lamia dived aside, using her flexible snake-body to easily move when she saw Lucy's arm coming up. The lamia was only illuminated for a brief moment by Lucy's shot, which subsequently exploded. The explosion may be heard by the rest of the group - sounding quite close.

Next minute there was a trembling beneath Lucy and she knew what was happening, "Of all the clichéd - ...." She staggered to her feet, the lamia was gone and instead Lucy was faced with an oncoming torrent of water that burst down the passageway like champagne from a shaken bottle.  There was no running from it. Rather than be broken Lucy jumped into the storm and allowed herself to be swept along, curled up.

---

Sewer Lift
Main Group

The main group should hear something ominous from above - just moments before a torrent of water bursts from the upper level where the lift would have taken them. With it came Lucy Pine-McClean who flailed as she met the open air of a very long drop. Fortunately it seemed Techsupport was there to break her fall. In mid-air Lucy will attempt to grab a hold of the suited Powergamer. How Joe will fare under the sudden extra weight of a full-grown woman with a very wet and heavy trench-coat - along with a sudden bombardment of rushing water - was anyone's guess.

---

OOC: Sorry for being absent for so long. I had no Internet access back in the UK that was reliable enough to spend time on. I'm now back in China with access - albeit Chinese Internet so... not perfect. I should have Internet until December. In December I change apartments, but hopefully my Internet will be active there. If I do disappear, you can assume that Lucy is following the group - but I should be fine. I hope this was an okay interruption, I just couldn't resist the urge.   ;D

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2012, 05:02:59 pm »

The onslaught of rushing water is enough to frighten Cauda to the point that he ducks within Nick's enormous shadow. The group likely won't see him do so, though Dav may well smell him one moment and then lose track of him the next. There he'll stay for the time being.

OOC: Thanks for having me, but I'm afraid I have to bow out.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2012, 05:23:42 pm »

Nick sees the water heading straight for Joe, and the woman from earlier grasping onto the man’s leg... this was not going to end well.

Nick grabs the closest thing he can, which is Dav, and picks up the 7ft worgen one handed and with ease. Before Dav can react Nick hurls the werewolf at the power suit and woman in a trench coat, making sure he doesn’t hurl her with so much force that she’ll end up seriously injured. When he sees the werewolf-javelin safely knock Joe and the woman back onto the ledge underneath the tunnel the water was coming from, he breathes a sigh of relief.

Unaware that Cauda is in his shadow, Nick realizes a little too late what the sudden rush of water has done to the platform he was standing on. When he shifted his weight forward to pitch the werewolf, part of the ledge crumbled out from underneath him, Nick plunges into the sewer water below, inadvertently taking Cauda with him.

OOC: While I am Glad you are back Britt I sincerely wish you would have pm’d me before jumping back into the thread. That said I hope you guys have fun returning to your regularly scheduled plot line. Later guys.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:30:14 pm by Rath »

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2012, 11:15:04 am »

Lift

Well, antigrav is antigrav, and he wouldn't be a proper 'hero' if he couldn't levitate someone down to safety from whatever height he would be... That said though...

Joe can't think of much other than to hold on to the figure that just cascaded down onto him, reflexively bracing even if there is no leverage for his suit. Anyone nearby can hear the whine of the internal systems kicking up higher to meet the demand of power for the weight, but nonetheless he starts to descend. And thanks to the additional weight of the water also just a little faster than he's really comfortable with.

"LOOK OUT! COMING DOWN!" is the first thing that he manages to shout, hoping that those below will get the warning on time and get out of the way.

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2012, 04:02:58 pm »

Dav gets startled by the sudden lift and throw, but she hadn't survived as long as she had in her world by letting it stop her. Even as she impacts Joe and Lucy, she wraps one long arm around them while tossing a Healing Stream totem to the water below. She immediately follows this with a quick cast of Water Walking on Joe himself before the bundle of bodies impacts the flood.

Strangely, while Nick might have seen the toss, the totem is a tiny sliver lost in the darkness until it strikes the surface of the water, where it instantaneously expands to over a foot tall and begins glowing a pale blue color that even envelops Nick and Caudia where they stand, filling the entire chamber with a dim light, though fades out about ten feet or so behind them. For whatever reason, the totem stands as though anchored by stone despite the rushing water over and around it.

Dav herself doesn't make a sound after the grunt of impact against the steel armor.
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2013, 06:38:00 am »

Hours later, Dav awakens in darkness lying on a hard, wet surface. Her body aches enough that she knows she's been washed downstream from where she and her new acquaintances had been trying to track a group of kidnappers. For all she knew now, everyone else could be drowned or may have escaped to the surface. Either way, it seemed apparent that nobody was looking for her now.

She struggles to a sitting position, realizing that for whatever reason, she rested on a ledge above the main stream of water still flowing at a good pace past her perch, which implied she was in the main sewer down to the river. Checking her waist by feel, she found both her hammer and Axe had survived the rough ride with her along with all her possessions--an advantage of living prepared for unexpected combat. Reaching into her pouch, she pulls out a single totem chip and tosses it onto the ledge about five feet away, where it expands into a fire totem giving her a modicum of warmth and light to analyze her situation.

As expected, the tunnel was larger than the one she'd been using as her 'home' with a strong current, where her home tunnel carried a sluggish stream. While it would be easy to travel upstream using the ledge, the flood that had placed her here also washed out any chance she'd have of using the tunnels alone to return to her starting place.

Climbing to her feet, she recalls the flame totem and places Flametongue on her hammer, causing it to glow by dint of a tiny fireball orbiting its head. The effect created secondary attack damage to foes but in this case its advantage was a long-term light source that still provided some heat to help her dry out until she could call on the elements later to do a more thorough job.

She decids to head upstream anyway, guessing that she would eventually discover an access ladder up to street level where she might stand a better chance of getting her bearings. The one thing that heartened her was the sound of the Underground railway, not too far away, letting her know she wasn't that far from a map that would help her find her way back to Piccadilly Circus and some of the shopkeepers she knew who had sold her food and other things in the days since her arrival in London, England, Earth.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 06:43:51 am by Rhiann »

Will there be others?

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2013, 02:25:31 pm »

((Well, back from vacation))

It takes a little while for Joe to recover from the impact as well. His heavy armor has prevented him from going far, and as such the superhero is still at the bottom of the shaft that he unsuccessfully tried to get up. It's his own fault, though, with only limited means of replenishing, he's reprogrammed his suits system to only apply emergency medical recovery when he's been out for a time that would indicate no forthcoming help.

With a beep and a sudden rush, the armor pumps one of the few left inspirations through his body and Joe picks himself up off of the ground. Of course, this leaves him rather groggy for a while as the agent decays swiftly and the rush has him reeling on his feet.

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2013, 07:02:25 am »

Sure enough, Dav finds an access ladder to the surface and the finger holes in the manhole cover shows that it's night outside--however, as yet she doesn't know if it's the same night or another. The relative lack of traffic noise however indicates that it is either very late evening which would imply the Underground train she'd recently heard was one of the last of the night, or one of the first of the morning. She needed to find out.

Taking advantage of the fact that she still wore her Worgen form, she reached up and lifted the heavy iron cover and pushed it to one side, then raised her head up enough to determine whether or not she could emerge safely. Fortunately she espied a sidewalk clock which told her it was early morning and the traffic itself was light enough that a swift leap up to the street, followed by hooking her toe claws onto the cover to drag it back into place would likely go unnoticed. From there she sprinted to the sidewalk and into a darkened doorway to shift into human form. To help make her appearance a little less noticeable, she quickly dowsed all her spells which killed any light her weapons still emitted. A short, quick walk to the nearest Underground access and a glance at the map told her she'd been carried almost two miles by the flood. She didn't know the city all that well, but she thought she could find her way close to where she'd lost the others if she could get back to Picadilly Circus and sniff out her old trail from aboveground.

Putting thought into action, she resumed Worgen form, dropped to all fours and sprinted down the sidewalks, relying on her four-footed speed to prevent anyone from getting a close look at her. Even with the unexpected twists and turns of some of the streets she ran, it took less than five minutes to find the manhole that gave access to the particular sewer she called home. From there it was a matter of only a couple more minutes to find where she'd emerged from Nick's tunnel and started the search for Cauda's companion. She dropped back into the sewers and again triggered an ice spell on her hammer so she could use its cold, blue light as a torch to return to the sewer junction, hoping she wouldn't find her temporary party members all deceased.

Will there be others?

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2013, 04:45:17 pm »

Joe shook the cobwebs from his head and finally took a deep breath of air before looking around again.
"Right... waking up facefirst in a sewer. Nothing new there." he remarks to himself, poking at the panels in his gloves to reset some of the functions of his armoured suit. A self-test sent several servos whining and slowly a green glow of energy rekindling spread out from some of the gaps between plates.
"At least there's no Vazhilok butchers ready to go at me with their little nasty hacksaws..." He suppressed an involuntary shudder at a memory of having been hit by one of their drugged arrows, and almost used for spare zombie-parts before the tanking meathead finally realized his backup wasn't quite as close as he'd assumed.

A brief burst of energy from his palms to stimulate his adrenal output quickly got the rest of his wind back... followed by a brief burst of rather specialized radiation to get rid of the ache in some of his strained muscles...
The bursts of greenish light coming from him would be rather obvious to anyone looking for it, and even to those not looking for it.

"Now, lets see... seven emails, ten missed messages... aand... aww... stupid fall scrambled my music app, now I'm gonna have to rebuild my playlist..."

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2013, 11:25:36 pm »

Due to a number of factors, Dav's return to the site of the flood took longer than she expected. Still, she arrives in time to see her second visitor--the man in the powered armor--standing almost like a statue in the relative darkness. Partially to light the scene and also to warm it up and help dry her leathers a little more, she drops a Magma totem whose purpose is normally to burn and slow any enemies within a 40' radius but in this case offers a roughly 80' hemisphere of light and warmth. Also knowing its usually short two-minute lifespan, she maintains an internal timer so she can drop new ones just before the existing one burns out.

"Are you... alive," she asks the armor.

Will there be others?

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2013, 04:47:19 pm »

Joe turns around quickly after the totem's dropped... Still shaking his head a little groggy before he raises a hand.
"H-hey... I'm good... little groggy." he chortles "Self-rez sucks..."

He moves his arms and legs a bit to limber up again before stepping up closer to the Worgen "So, it's you and me downhere now, is it?" he asks. "Or did you happen to notice where the rest went off to?"

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2013, 05:25:59 pm »

"Heh. After the flood I found myself about 10 minutes' run away--maybe two miles or so as the sewers go. I didn't see anyone when I woke up and I ran the surface streets to get back since I couldn't be sure of the way through the sewers. I didn't see any one of the others on the street and so far you're the only one I've seen down here.

"For that matter, why didn't you get washed away?"

Will there be others?

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2013, 11:24:18 pm »

((Mmh... stupid me for not paying more attention to the forum when at home :/ ))

Joe chuckles a little and gives a few raps with his knuckles on the chest of his armoured suit. "This thing weighs enough to totally incapacitate me if it's not being powered... A bit of water won't wash me away easily, although I'll be in a lot of trouble if I have to try and move if I can't count on the powered assist." he chortles and shrugs a little "There's a downside to this kind of stuff."

He looks about a little again and then upwards. "Looks like we're pretty much hosed with just the two of us here left alone, and I'm already in the doghouse with my wife for making this trip." he pauses and ehs a moment "No offense meant, of course." The superhero rubs the back of his head a few seconds before he looks at the Worgen again.
"You know, living down here in the sewers isn't really much of a pleasant thing. Now I figure you might feel at ease down here in England, considering that the entire country appears to agree with your mannerisms, but I know this place where you might want to pass by before deciding you want to stay here."

He hehs a bit "Heck, they even offer some mighty powerful psionics to give you a good do-over if you decide that this world isn't your thing and REALLY want to go home."

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2013, 12:04:08 am »

"Well, it would be nice to have a real home again--one I don't have to spend every day fighting just to survive." She looks at the armored man again. "Ok. What's say I help you get home and straight with your wife and you show me how to get to this place you mention.
"I admit I don't like the idea of kids being kidnapped, but at the same time we really have squat to go on outside of what we were told and the suspicion that our little flood wasn't natural. I couldn't be sure any evidence we came across now would pertain to the case at hand.
"We get you home, get me and my things dried out and do whatever is necessary to go to that place, wherever it is. That ok with you?"

Will there be others?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]