Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)  (Read 8731 times)

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
Re: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 11:12:09 pm »

Sewers of London, UK -- Dav

"I'd much rather talk," the werewolf replies. "While I'm not sure what you mean by 'Superhero', but a hero is usually a fighter of some class so I guess you could say I'm a similar sort. As such, we're probably pretty evenly matched. Since I'd rather not demonstrate that fact unless necessary, I promise I won't attack unless attacked.

"Still, I hope you don't mind if I keep my totems up until you can prove your neutrality."

With that she waits and watches as the mechano-suit rounds the corner and reacts to her appearance.

"Not 'Warwolf', as you exclaimed, though not far off, either. My people are called Worgen when they take this form."
"I have to say," she adds as she studies his suit, "that sure doesn't look like any goblin or gnome mechanism I've ever seen. More like good plate armor than a machine. Are you sure it's powered and not just noisy?"
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:34:51 pm by Rhiann »
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 05:11:02 pm »

So now that everyone has agreed to talk in a peaceful manner they begin to notice a dull thumping. For some time this thumping can be heard, as moments tick by it gradually becomes louder and louder, until everyone can see the southern wall behind Joe shudder as if under a heavy impact.

The bricks do not explode out into the tunnel proper, more like they are knocked out of place and then slowly crumble down, soon a hole forms, but it does not last long. With one final heave a rather large and heavily muscled man emerges from an adjacent tunnel. Almost seven feet tall with short red hair, a white leather vest green leather pants black boots and gold bracers. He has a giant sword strapped to his back that has clearly seen better days.

Upon emerging in this new tunnel he looks around gravely and spotting the other occupants of the tunnel he shakes the debris off of himself and salutes you all.

“Hail!”

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 06:41:20 pm »

On the ground between the newcomer's legs slinks a dark, cat-like figure. Its fur, colored a deep purple, shimmers slightly as it moves. Bright, ochre-colored eyes stare at the other occupants of the tunnel. An amused look appears to be on its feline face and its tail, which is covered in sharp barbs from base to tip, twitches back and forth expectantly. "See, I told you there were people in here."
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:30:35 pm by Faye »

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 04:17:26 am »

-- Dav

Not too startled but clearly on edge, Dav's hands hover near the hafts of her battleaxe and warhammer, an icy glow still surrounding them despite the time since she activated it. Her four totems, too stand in place, though that's more due to her dropping a fresh set as the sewer wall began to crumble.

With that harsh, gravely voice she quips, "I'll give you points for knocking, but you could have at least waited for us to invite you in.
"My name is Dav. If you must know, I'm a Worgen. This suit of armor says he's a Vigilante (somehow she manages to capitalize the word in her speech) and that one over there just zoned out shortly after Vigilante spoke up."

She glances down to the cat as it speaks. "rrrrrrrrrr... Maybe you should introduce yourselves, too." The big guy, nearly matching her own height as far as she can tell is enough to watch, but that little cat is the one that 'feels' more like trouble to her.

Will there be others?

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 03:21:05 pm »

Joe whirls around at the sudden emergence of bricks and a hole. He's being careful and positioning himself with Dav on one side and the hole on the other, leaving nobody exactly behind him. His left hand makes a few strange motions, specifically flicking a few fingers in a way you'd never really do naturally. In response, a few valves open up slightly around the back and chest area of his suit and a subtle glow of something vibrant green can be seen underneath.
He seems a bit more at ease when there's more talking. In his experience, talking leads to less trips through the hospital telegrids or trips to the Zigg to fill out arrest forms.

"Vigilante, Superhero... wish I could tag on filantrophist playboy to that but I'm due for a smack from my wife when I get home already." He chuckles a bit, firing up the banter as his primary line to keep opponents a bit off-balance towards him. "Name's Techsupport... You can call me Amazing Techsupport if you like. Got the name from Positron himself... Said I was some kind of Amazing."
He knows namedrops don't work as well here as they did back in Paragon City... but... the inflection on his wordplay is usually enough to make some mooks guess as to what he meant, and others would be coming up with a rebuttal to try and embarrass him, and those little time-buying distractions are being used by him to both size up the two new entrants as well as to guess their intent.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 08:36:18 pm »

The tall man nods an acknowledgement of that cat creature’s excellent hearing and steps forward.

“I am Nick, it is good to meet you all. This seems to be a strange day when so many people roam sewers; however I am grateful for a pleasant introduction.” He recognized the name Positron, though from where it escapes him at the moment. He was pretty sure Worgen was warcraft though. 

“We could use the help of heroes such as you!” as the idea takes root a gleam enters his green eyes as he looks briefly to his companion. Just because he was keen on recruiting more individuals for the search, it did not mean the cat was.

Besides he was polite and will let his current travelling companion introduce himself.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 12:11:30 am »

The cat-like creature looks from Dav to Techsupport and finally says to Nick, its voice plaintive, "I don't see why I have to introduce myself. I'm just a Cauda. My master didn't even give me my own name before he disappeared." His ears flatten and he makes what almost sounds like a human "tsk" sound. He lowers his hindquarters to the ground and his tail, replete with its barbs, twitches back and forth.

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 04:55:08 am »

"By the gods!" Dav's voice growls. "First I'm surrounded like I'm some sort of NPC mob then the next thing I know I've got a tiny cat-thing as a quest-giver! Where's your yellow mark so I can accept or refuse your quest, hmm? Or would it be so high or so low compared to my own that it won't appear on you?"

(Methinks this Worgen is going to play this one to the hilt--at least until she gets into action.  :P )

Will there be others?

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2012, 01:25:53 pm »

Joe hehs a little under his mask and nods his head towards Dav "Miss... big werewolf type, sewers of London... Can't really blame us for acting on gut feeling here." he hehs "Although I can't blame you for not having seen American Werewolf or anything. Yet." he then mms and tilts his head "Or Sugarsnaps, or well... the werewolf type is pretty much typecast in this world."
He looks back to Nick and raises his hands and eyebrows in an 'am I wrong?' gesture before he returns to a somewhat more neutral stance. The vents on his armored suit don't close yet, though.

"Hey now though, Vigilante, not hero..." he adds to the whole "I'm not into the whole self-sacrifice thing, so I rather want to know whether or not I'll be able to explain to my better half what I've been doing here without doing it from a hospital bed." Ok... he's lying there, though playing it up for now. If one were able to see underneath that armor and the rest, there's the warwolf bites, the swordcuts, plasma rifle burns and various other spots where he's been shot or impaled... There's only so many ways you can lie to yourself about why you're really putting on the mask after all.

Trying to look more casual again he turns his head towards Dav "So... just to ask you now... Unless you've been actively chasing people out of the sewers and stirring up enough trouble for a few Powergamers to sneak their way out of retirement, there's still something downhere that has to be taken out... So, have you?" He's reckognised Lucy by now, even if she seems to have removed herself from the scene for now.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2012, 04:56:55 pm »

Not really hearing enthusiastic replies Nick decides that it’s probably better this way.

“I am looking for two boys, one is Cauda’s Master, and the other looks like this...” He deftly pulls out a laminated photo from inside his vest; the picture is of a teenage boy playing a videogame console, but the kid has large black cat ears, a tail, and large rings that look too big for the kid’s hands.

“This one answers to Randy, I found Cauda here while he was looking for his master...”he looks over to the creature in question before switching back to the gathered people. “Have you seen anyone? I mean besides yourselves...”

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2012, 03:45:16 pm »

Dav listens to Nick's explanation and stretches her neck out to peer at the photo, finally raising her hammer so its icy blue light illuminates the image better (think a color similar to an LED camping lantern--not focused and overwhelmed by firelight, but effective in shadows).
"I've seen lots of people in my days here, but I'm the only person around here I know of with ears and a tail--well, maybe with the exception of your little spike-tailed friend here. Those rings kind of remind me of some I've seen in my own realms," she adds, turning her hand to show a wolf-paw-sized ring on her finger and just happening to reveal some very long, hard and sharp claws.

"As far as the little one's 'master', well, there are a lot of boys in my territory; that description is rather vague." She dips her head to look at the cat-thing. Do you have anything of his that I might get a scent from? I'd try using you as a marker but if you're going to hang around, your own scent will cover any traces I might find."

Will there be others?

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2012, 08:03:35 pm »

Cauda doesn't know what Dav meant by quests, and so he cocks his head to the side in confusion. He repeats the same motion in the opposite direction when Techsupport resumes talking. Much of this was over the poor creature's head, so instead of trying to sort out what either was saying he simply looked at Nick in time to catch the look he was given.

The question that Dav poses about his master is easily understood and the little creature offers what passed for a smile on its feline face. "Yes, I do. I've got...something. A little something." Just like that it sinks into the shadows at Nick's feet, its form seemingly melting into the blackness. When he next appears moments later, it's within the shadows at Dav's feet that weren't pushed away by the hammer's glow.

"Rrrrowl, so here. Take it." He lays down a pink and white polkadotted kerchief which he very quickly hops away from. "He had that on him. I took it before he disappeared." His voice is just this side of smarmy as he admits to that. "He had it in his jacket so it reeks of his smell. I haven't found it useful, though. So I hid it in the shadows."

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2012, 01:34:33 am »

Joe takes on an enterely different demeanor in what appears to be less than a second when he hears that this is not just about missing people, but also missing children. He doesn't have to bother with the light, as his eyepiece already managed to get a proper enhanced display of the photo ready for him after a few seconds "Right, teenage kids... To be brief, I haven't seen anyone down here untill I ran into everyone currently present." he pauses a moment "Is there anything specific you could tell about the way they vanished? Struggling, descriptions of the occurance or what was left after?"

Yeah, it seems pretty certain that this 'not so selfless vigilante' is on board to help find the kids. "Also... I think I may make it easier to navigate around these sewers." He adds "I'll just take a few moments while you two think of anything that could help, information wise?"
With that, Techsupport steps away a bit and starts to fiddle with some things on one of his arms. And a bit of a one-sided conversation can be heard, softly, later.

(...Hello dear... um... could you do me a small favor?... yes... nnno... I may not be home for dinner, but about that... yes... I need the map to the London sewer systems... sent to... dear.... honey?... I know I pro... let me... Honey, there's missing children down here and you can roast me all you want when I get home but this is important now... yes... thank you... I will, love you too...)

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2012, 05:32:58 pm »

Nick is significantly more relieved now that the search party seems to have doubled.

“After talking to Cauda we realized some similarities.” He starts off... “Randy was taken on his way home from school in Primary City, after investigating I found a portal that took me to Seattle... and I found Cauda there after he had just lost his master, the two of us tracked Cauda’s master’s scent to yet another portal that dropped us...” he points behind himself “About 4 tunnels back that way when it closed.”

“As we speak it has been 8 hours since Randy was taken and almost 2 hours since Cauda’s master was taken. In both cases the kidnappers appear to be the same people. Wearing cheap suits, and wielding some technology that should not be on this world.”

“They did not apparently have Randy with them when they took Cauda’s master. Also both kids are from other worlds.” He wasn’t too sure how much detail he should go into at this point, but he was talking to a guy in a mech and a werewolf so it shouldn’t be too mind-blowing for them. 

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2012, 04:56:01 pm »

Without saying a word, the Worgen drops to all fours to take the piece of cloth and pull in a deep drag of the scents on the material. She then turns her head and sniffs very openly at the cat-creature--her head nearly as big as Caudia entire--before turning again to take a sniff at Nick. In this pose she looks much more like a massive dire wolf of prehistoric days, her fangs framing the tip of her muzzle and nose, making her look even more savage and deadly. That is, until you take in the fact that she's wearing obvious boiled leather armor that for all it appears hard and tough, is flexible enough that the skirts don't seem to affect her movements at all even when quadrupedal.

"Four sewers back, you say?" With a mere gesture all four totems and the open fire vanish, leaving the tunnel in darkness other than the blue glow of her weapons and Joe's suit lights.
"One question. Can you close up these tunnels you've made for yourself? I see no reason to upset the city's sewer systems while we search. I'm going to backtrack you to see if I can pick up any scent of the kidnappers and wait for you there."

(It's obvious she's used to working solo for some things, yet she does offer the option of following or not.)

Will there be others?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4