Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)  (Read 8733 times)

TheBritt

• Forum Recruit
    • http://www.theimperium.org
Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)
« on: April 29, 2012, 05:20:33 pm »

OOC: Notes for players;

It has been quite a long while since I've been involved in the Gaming Guardians forums, but not for lack of want. I'm hoping this will be my return, at least enough of one to keep me active in one or two threads permanently. Back on the old forums I was largely involved in the Powergamers forum rather than the standard GGs and one idea I got to implement just before I dropped off the face of the Earth was to start up a kind of "Rebel group" of the old Powergamers members after the team was officially dissolved. This would be a continuation of that old group (though I have no idea what actually happened to the older group, I assume it lived on for a while after me since I vanished shortly after suggesting it) so I hope I'm not creating plotholes or the like by rekindling the old flame.

This thread is going to be fairly casual, I want an easy job as GM here.  :P. To this end if any player has an idea they'd like to implement please just say the word and we'll talk about fitting it in somewhere. I'm more than happy for players to have semi-GM-ship over this thread alongside myself.

Lastly the thread is meant to be about the current vigilante group, still named Powergamers. They'd be a group operating outside of official channels and have private funding. I wouldn't go so far as to say that they're deemed illegal by the Gaming Guardians but they would certainly like to put a stop to the current Powergamers as they are an unknown factor operating outside of their guidelines, and to boot all of the Powergamers were meant to have merged with the GGs. If anyone would like to amend my appraisal, let me know.

Your character is entirely up to you. Preferably you'd be playing as a Powergamer character, whether you have an old one locked away from the good old days or if you want to create a whole new one that joined the vigilante group; your choice. Generally this group would fit well with misfits, outcasts or more aggressive maverick style characters, but the choice is entirely yours. If you'd rather play your GG character, no problem; their thoughts on the Powergamers would be entirely up to you and maybe they'd be just as interested in stopping the Powergamers as the enemies of the thread.

I'll be using this initial post to make updates on anything that affects the core nature of the thread for better information to new players as the thread goes on.

TheBritt

• Forum Recruit
Re: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 05:58:18 pm »

London, England.

Rumours of creatures in the sewers is a long-standing, traditional urban myth of all big cities and the fact that London's sewers were so old only seemed to add to the flavour of those rumours; ghosts, ghouls and gigantic spiders were some of the more sensible myths. And yet some understand that myths begin in truths. And when it comes to the Primary System, some truths are not so far from the myths.

The sound of her boots upon the metal ladder rang out along the sewer walls as she climbed downwards. She dropped the last few steps and unholstered her pistol. After a long pause, with nothing but the sound of the sewage water trickling against old stones, Lucy Pine-McClean moved forward quietly. She didn't make an attempt to be completely silent, she wasn't prepared to become a stealth expert, but a little caution meant she wasn't likely to blow the head off something without checking it out first. She reached the corner of the tunnel and peeked around it, glancing first left then right. A T-junction. She poked the peak of her stetson up to clear the shadows from her face, though her messy, curly blonde hair was something that would forever intrude into her field of vision. She was also thankful for her long coat, it would keep any back splash from the majority of her skin.

Lucy looked back to see if there was anything following her.
----------
OOC: And this would be your cue to enter. Apologies that there's currently no available profile for Lucy. I will have it up in about a week.

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 10:10:47 am »

The Sewers of London, England -- An unnamed, for now, individual.

For all that the sewers of London are wet and filled with undesirable creatures, Lucy's glance reveals a source of light around a bend flickering like an open flame. The sound of that flame can barely be heard above the constant dripping of water from the streets into the sewers. The light reveals a somewhat humanoid shadow seeming to sit on a box, but certain proportions seem--off. The legs appear bent wrong and the head strangely shaped. The shadows of the hair make it appear like a swept-back mane more than true hair while the fingers of the hands seem extraordinarily long and pointed. Rising above the hair, two long, tapered spikes seem to rise and curve slightly, though whether they are horns, a part of a hat or something else remains to be discovered.
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

TheBritt

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 09:18:24 am »

"Well, you ain't from round these parts, tha's for sure," Lucy spoke aloud. At one time she would have fired first and spoke later but she was constantly being drummed into giving these warnings to possible hostiles. Lucy felt it was dumb. Why warn something that wanted to kill you? However she had fired on things that turned out to be friendly afterwards so the lesson was eventually learnt.

"Who are ya'll and what're you doin' down here?" Lucy asked the silhouette. "Ya'll got five seconds to reply before I open a whole load load of bullets into you." To emphasis her point she holds her pistol up, ready to fire, and pulls back the lock. There was also a time when a mysterious, shadowy being in a dark sewer was something to be afraid of but after years of battling creatures, demons and villains from alternate worlds and systems Lucy's emotional balance was always off-kilter. She would begin her count-down.

If the character does not make comment or action Lucy will fire, however it will only be a standard spray of bullets (it's a pistol but fires a spray of three bullets at once) with no additional effects upon any of the bullets.

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 09:30:12 am »

(( I'm not sure if Joe's profile is still floating around this place, but in case I have to find it, he's a pre-f2p CoH radiation/electricity Defender with fitness, teleport and hovering who gets his abilities via a powersuit he built.))

Joe would call himself crazy. His girlfriend would call him crazy too, but she doesn't know about this trip so he's in the clear. Checking the diagnostic readouts of his powersuit one more time, he tries to remember WHY he decided to get out of the nice comfy office and travel all the way over to England. Joe, or "Techsupport" as his old superhero monniker and Powergamers name was, didn't REALLY have to do any of this anymore. He had a nice job being the CEO of his own little security software company, he had large and well-paying customers... and yet here he was ankle deep in British muck in a sewer praising the powers that be that his suit came with a respirator.
Then again, being a Hero wasn't something that you just did, it was something you are.

And thus, reports of strange things happening had him back in the technical lab area of his penthouse appartment where he kept his matte-silver coloured power-armor nice and clean and in peak condition -also because he wasn't quite sure he wanted to cut off the powerpack it was running on, he'd gotten used to the low electricity bill for his appartment.
He tapped his eyepiece again, the dull red glow of the monocle-style eyegear giving a bit of an ominous cast to his entire face, he had to get used to that thing again, but thankfully almost everything he needed to know came back like putting on an old, comfortable coat.

And so Techsupport strutted through the sewers. His shoulderlength white hair had been tied back into a ponytail as not to obstruct or snag anywhere. The respirator on his face would give him a silhouette of having a bit of a stubby muzzle, not to mention the glowing monocle eye that fed him important targetting and status information. The matte-silvery colour of his suit was broken here and there by black mesh and gold-coloured cabling that was visible at the joints. It wasn't as defined as the power armour visible in some of those popular movies lately -Joe had a good laugh at Iron Man. The Arc Reactor was a nice idea, but the suit was just too small and thin to hold a fully grown man AND all the actuators and equipment neccesary for it to work. Finally, his fore-arms were a little bulky in appearance, a bit popeye-like to compare, but of course that was to house all the neccesary tech in as well.

As he got in deeper, even the slight low-light enhancement of his eyepiece didn't work properly anymore, and he switched to using a pair of small, shoulder-mounted lights... Light that would more than adequately telegraph him coming near from the depths of a darker tunnel...

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 06:02:59 am »

London sewers -- Unknown being

In a voice that sounds like it's rolling through gravel but might be female comes the reply to  Lucy, "Well, if you're going to shoot me after invading my home, then feel free. Just don't expect to light a fire without getting burnt yourself."
The shadow shifts and rises to a more erect posture, making it obvious that the figure casting the shadow could pass as a stereotypical werewolf--a female one by the size of the chest.
"On the other hand, should you choose not to shoot, I would appreciate it. Bullets ricochet badly in these sewers and you can't be sure of hitting your target by glancing them off these walls.
"I am called 'Dav', by the way, like the davits of a boat, not like the name Dave. Come on around and take a seat. I don't bite--unless you ask me to. If I did, I'd probably have to kill you because I have no way to perform the ritual of balance that would give you control of the Beast."

"I would suggest you hurry up and decide, though. It sounds like we're about to have more company and it sounds like full plate armor. Or maybe a goblin mech device--though I admit it doesn't rattle as much as their cockamamie contraptions."

(For those who have been upset at my descriptiveness before, please note that I am using shadows, not direct observation on the description above.)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 04:26:11 pm by Rhiann »

Will there be others?

TheBritt

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 03:28:53 pm »

Lucy Pine-McClean looked the creature up and down. Talking was generally a good sign with any beastie like this. The fact it hadn't lunged at her was also a pretty good sign. She was surprised at her own surprise. A werewolf in the sewers of London ought to have been on her list of 'likely things to see' and yet it hadn't been.

"So, ya'll some kind of werewolf but you're in charge of your... nature, right? Ya'll seem pretty smart. So I guess I gotta take your word for it. Not sure I can trust ya'll, but I don't reckon you're the beasties down here that I'm meant to be taking out. Unless you've been snacking on any innocent people up there?" she then reacted to the sound of  heavy machinery approaching their location. Presumably Dav heard machinery in advance of Lucy, thanks to wolf's hearing, meaning Lucy was slower to react to the new sounds. Her lip shrugged in a brief snarl. "I don't go running from a fight if I don't have to." She listened intently for a brief moment before deciding which of the tunnels the mechanical being was approaching from. She then slipped around a corner so that she would have a clear view and shot of anything coming up at her. "My turn to make a suggestion. Either you run away or you take cover and we'll deal with whatever monster's about to pounce on us. I'd say this thing is invading your home, right? And it might just be the mysterious, evil whatsit that's plaguing the area."
----------
OOC: Sorry for the delay, waiting for a reply on a PM from Taross. Hope you got it?

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 10:01:47 am »

Joe, well... Techsupport had just been continuing on his way, following a map of the sewer system that he had downloaded. Of course, the gps down in the tunnels was awful so as long as he remembered to let his own suit track his movement down there, he could tell where he was.
As he nears the intersection it becomes glaringly clear from which tunnel he's advancing; after all, he's bringing light along.

When Lucy gets a view of the figure, it's horribly backlit. The lights are thankfully somewhat dimmed and not glaringly bright LED or the likes. Due to that it's easy to reckognise a humanoid figure in what looks like a suit of armor and a big red eye on the right side of its head. It doesn't look like the figure has noticed any others down in the tunnels yet.
A deep breath is taken, and some air is clearly expelled from some kind of ventilation before a voice is heard muttering a bit muffledly.
"... well... least the bad reception means nobody can call me either..." a male voice can be heard.

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 10:35:17 am »

London Sewers -- unnamed werewolf (Worgen)

As the 'strider' continues to approach, the wolf throws four stakes into the mud where they stand and begin glowing red, blue, green and yellow. She then draws two of the wickedest-looking hand weapons imaginable, a stylized warhammer with all kinds of scrollwork, leatherwork and even gemwork on nearly every surface in her left hand and a one-handed battleaxe also covered with all kinds of aggressive decorations in her right with both weapons glowing with a cold, blue light indicating a magical aura surrounding them.

"I don't know what you just said," her gravel voice commands as she faces the oncoming armor, "but unless you want to die where you stand, I suggest you stop right there and identify yourself!"

Will there be others?

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 09:28:51 am »

((I'm just taking the liberty to post again here before Lucy, responding to the warning called out at Joe.))

London Sewers

And just like that, the light in the tunnel goes all but completely out. There's still a dim glow, somewhat red from he eye-piece and a bit of ambient lighting coming from his shoulders to help the lowlight setting on the same visor somewhat.
"Good lord, something in a sewer that speaks!" the mans voice rings out "You know how tedious it can get when everything down these places just gibbers and groans at you?"

Joe can see the glowing coming from around the corner, the place it's coming from suggesting that it's low to the ground... the colours itself sparking memories of either a Freakshow lightshow or an Oranbegan ritual. Seeing as there's no deafening noise and the other actually spoke coherent English, he's going to peg the origins to a magical source... Which sucked for him, basically, without the Paragon based inspirational boosters, he's not that good at resisting the mindbending effects magic can have on someone like him.
He's just hoping his bantering can throw the other side off into revealing a little more of their hand.

While he speaks on, he does activate the hovering systems inside his suit, raising his feet up and out of the wet muck of the sewers itself, allowing him to slowly power up the defensive systems he's gotten... mainly a 'static armor' that diffuses most energies and heavily discourages people from punching him. The hovering is mostly a 'courtesy' to the ones on the other end of the bend for obvious reasons. Although those with a good enough nose CAN pick up a telltale scent of ozone.

"You seem to be a well-spoken individual, that probably means you're also smart enough to dislike pain just like the rest of us. So how about we show ourselves to one another before any festivities start, eh?" He continues "We can always still fight if you insist on attacking, or if you're another Hero, then it's mandatory I suppose..."
Since he just dropped that hint on his own side in the call-out, he prepares to fend off an attack. Well, whatever it may be he's only mostly gotten a chance to brace himself at any rate. There's no fancy dodging and moving in hovermode.

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 08:27:36 pm »

London sewers, which have suddenly become much less dark and depressing--at least in one location.

"Believe me," the gravelly voice responds to the call, "you don't want me to appear in silhouette. For that matter, neither do I; I don't feel like getting shot, stabbed or whatever just because my appearance frightens you into reaction. At least you don't sound like a goblin, so feel free to come into the light so we can be properly introduced."

The shadows shift a bit, almost as if the blue-white source (sources?) are lowered, though the remaining lights don't change. Through them all the orange flicker of natural firelight (or a good facsimile thereof) illuminates the wall of the sewer past the opening of Joe's particular tunnel.

"By the way, I hope you know my other visitor because I'd hate to be caught in a crossfire between you and I certainly hope neither of you intends to do more than investigate my presence. I happen to like my current home and my neighbors seem happy with my choice of residence."

Will there be others?

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 03:26:12 am »

*Poke* *Poke* *Poke*

Just bumping the thread to remind others there's something going on in the London sewers.

Will there be others?

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 11:29:31 pm »

((So.. mmm... Shall we assume for now then that Britt is going along with the motions? ))

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 02:12:03 pm »

Probably a good idea, Taross. Considering his globe-hopping according to one of his earlier postings he may still be having trouble connecting.

Will there be others?

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 01:50:20 am »

Joe considers his options a moment and mmms to himself, turning off his Static Field for now so he can safely touch back down on the wet sewer floor without accidentally electrocuting anyone... "Well... You're open to conversation... Tell you what. I give you my word as Registered Vigilante that I won't initiate any hostilities unless threathened..." he pauses a moment or two "That means... erm. I'm a superhero and I won't be starting a fight."

At that, with the lights still dimmed he rounds the corner and manages to get a look at the other person.... that is... a badly illuminated glance mostly and he immediately jumps backwards much, much more nimbly than the power-armor suggests he should be doing "WHOA... Warwolf!..."
True to his word, though, he has his hands raised, palms open and pointed outwards in a defensive stance.

((For some ease. This is basically Joe "Amazing Techsupport": http://taross.bloobunni.com/sharing/Observation.png ))
Pages: [1] 2 3 4