Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Leave of Absence  (Read 30887 times)

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
Re: Leave of Absence
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2009, 11:23:08 am »

Vacationing

In the coming weeks I'll be mostly off. From August 17th to September 4th I will be having my vacation. I will be able to poke a little on forums, but not too much. I definitely won't be around at all around 25-30 august.

Hopefully, afterwards, I will be properly decompressed and re-energized. I am really looking forwards to the three weeks of 'away time' from nearly everything.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 08:37:59 pm »

Bit of an update on my status: I'm around and active-ish. I won't always have time for IRC, but I will try and make an effort to show up once in a while. Forums you can expect me to keep up with regular posting.

If you want to do something with me, all you have to do is ask. I'm available by email, GoogleTalk, text message, forum PM, and IRC PM. Preferred method of communication is email or forum PM, but I'll respond regardless of the method you choose. (See forum profile for email, etc.)

General Caine

• Forum Recruit
Gaming over the holiday period
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2009, 07:27:07 pm »

I'll be away to family for both the 25th and 26th. Additionally, depending on what happens, I may not be present on the 24th. Otherwise, I should be good.

Maus Merryjest

• Neutral Guest
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2009, 11:01:52 am »

Unlike most opera singers I usually try to keep my Christmas engagements to a minimum: One "Messiah" and at most one or two other gigs. Unfortunately a fellow tenor friend of mine called me two nights ago in an excess of panic to tell me that he had developed laryngitis and that he needed someone to cover for him for the tenor solo, recitative and ensembles for Johan Sebastian Bach's "Wachet Auf (sleepers wake)" cantata,  which is going to be sung at the midnight mass of the 24th (that is, the very very very early morning of the 25th or the very very very late night of the 24th).

So guess what I said?

Yeah, I know.

So after my regularly scheduled Christmas Insanity I was looking forward to some serious celebrate and chill time, but I've been spending the past two days running to rehearsals with the orchestra to gel before the performance. After the performance is over at midnight, I'm going up to the mountains (arrival time, 3AM) so I will probably be out for most of the 25th. Look for me to show some signs of life (at last) at around the 26th or so. Until then, have some seriously happy time!

carp

• First Class Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2010, 07:22:37 pm »

I've been feeling unwell and work has been really stressful, so I'm having trouble finding time for RP stuff.  I may not be around much for the next few days on IRC (I'll be logged in, but not generally paying attention).  Hopefully things will settle fairly soon.
carp uses they/them pronouns please and thank you

Scrae | Jack | Gabriel | Vic | Amalie

carp

• First Class Poster
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2010, 05:37:36 pm »

I won't have IRC the rest of this week.  I'll be around on the forums.

Gebohq

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2010, 03:35:57 am »

Because of a project I hope to get done by August, I need to cut off as many ties to Internet, TV, etc. as I can, which unfortunately includes these RP forums and the IRC channel.  We'll see how successful I am to holding on to this self-imposed rule.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2010, 05:02:01 am »

I'm going to have to be a little more absent than usual over the next bit. I'm having to limit my computer usage thanks to an issue I'm having with my right shoulder. Basically, typing causes my shoulder (and the rest of the arm at times) to feel as though it's on fire. And considering my job requires me to be on a computer 8 hrs a day, I should probably save what computer time I can tolerate for that. =P

I'll be able to keep up with threads, but I will be slower than usual in getting to them. IRC...well...I'm just going to play it by ear. With any luck, the anti-inflammatory meds the doctor gave me will help.

[ UPDATE ] I've been taking my meds like a good girl and the pain is a bit more manageable. I'm usually all right during the day if I take it slow at work, but after long periods of typing, it starts to get achey. To encourage the healing, I'm staying away from the computer as much as I can when I'm not in the office. I think that between that and my current pace of work, I'll continue to be on the mend.

[ UPDATE FEB 24 ] I'm still in pain, so RP is going to continue to have to be a little limited. I had a physiotherapy session today which gave me some hope that this will go away sooner rather than later. I've got some stretches and more appointments to look forward to, and hopefully between the two things start improving. :)

[ UPDATE MAR 08 ] Well, thanks to physio my shoulder is much improved. Sadly, now I'm in the middle of renovations that need to be done on my house before I move in this weekend. Hopefully after that things calm down. :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 05:04:31 am by llemaire »

Udoshi

• Neutral Guest
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2010, 12:34:43 am »

I'm out of town on vacation in california. Not going to have much in the way of internet. Back in less than a little under a week. Sorry if this inconveniences anyone whom I have ongoing plots with.

carp

• First Class Poster
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2010, 03:59:51 am »

I'm on a break.  Too much RL stuff going on.

Wargolem

• Global Moderator
  • Junior Grade Poster
  • HUGE and made of METAL
So...
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2010, 02:39:38 am »

My baby will finally let me type rather than just click, so I'm going to make a stab at coming around a bit more often.  IRC isn't really feasible at present, so it'll mostly be a board thing.  We now return you to your regularly-scheduled programming.

General Caine

• Forum Recruit
Gone all week
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2010, 12:25:05 pm »

I'm on a training course, starting today, ending Friday. To all PoC players and Elias, apologies for not posting but Sunday I kept getting timed out and yesterday I was busy getting ready for today. I will post when I get back from the course.

General Caine

• Forum Recruit
I am fractured
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2010, 01:35:27 pm »

I came home from the training course on Friday. The following day, I was dealt a devasating, personal blow. My mind is everywhere. I've only really just stopped crying. Sorry guys, but I need time to process this. Please give me a week.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2010, 04:38:45 pm »

Things have been super busy the last couple weeks with family stuff, which is why I've been delayed in posting to Ache's thread. I will make time for it tonight or tomorrow. (Looking more like Saturday at this point...)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 01:21:21 am by llemaire »

Achelea

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2010, 08:41:28 am »

Unintentional Leave Of Absense

Unfortunately today I discovered that the power jack on my laptop has separated itself from the motherboard, leaving it unrepairable. Considering the laptop chassis is from 2005, I think the possibility of repairs is slim.

I still have temporary internet access using my wife's computer and the family computer as well, so I can occasionally post here and visit IRC.

>.< laptops, why do you tease me so?
"I may not agree with what you say, but I sure as Heck will fight to the death for your right to say it."

http://tgg.stormdragon.org/index.php?topic=133.0
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12