Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: “Summoning the Sky Dragon” Intro, Closed  (Read 15834 times)

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
“Summoning the Sky Dragon” Intro, Closed
« on: November 18, 2010, 04:03:09 am »

Fuyuki City, Japan

Kinoko Nasu was a sorcerer, one that had spent weeks preparing for this night. He looked down at the silver embroidered pattern on the black silk cloth; it had taken him years of research just to find the symbol, one that would call forth a spirit from the Throne of Heroes, and give it a physical form, specifically the Sky Dragon.  Most sorcerers in preparing for the Holy Grail War tried to summon specific heroes from the past, heroes whose souls had become powerful along with their legends The more popular or well known the hero is the stronger. This particular hero had not been summoned in a Holy Grail war before that he could find, it was supposed to be a caster type from ancient Egypt. If he was successful he could very well win the damned war and attain his greatest desire.

He was in the basement of his mansion; all of the tools of his trade lined the walls, beakers, gemstones, all the research that went into this spell, he could not afford a different servant, it had to be Caster, this specific one. The appointed time was fast approaching. Like most sorcerers he was strongest at a certain time of day, or night rather, two in the morning to be specific, and he had been real fortunate that one of the three ‘powerful’ nights he had in a year worked out to be so close to the beginning of the war. Checking the circle one more time for errors double and triple checked all of the summoning components.

Two o’clock did not take long to arrive, by the time he had finished the last few checks it was time to begin.

“I hereby propose that thou shalt come under my command, and thy sword shall control my fate. Abiding by the summons of the Holy Grail, if thou accede to this will and reason, answer me. I hereby swear, I am all that is good in the eternal world, and I am the disposer of evil in the eternal world. Thee, clad with the Great Trinity, come forth from the circle of constraint. Come forth Keeper of the Underworld!” At this he slid the dagger’s blade across his hand. A drop of his blood, that which would become his connection to his summon, spilled from the open wound and onto the carefully prepared summoning circle beneath him.

It felt like the world heaved beneath him, the energy went wild causing the floor to crack and the ceiling to split apart. He could feel himself be drained of all his mana, and then his life-force started being siphoned into the spell. A red blinding light filled the room, he tried to keep his eyes open but soon they burned and were forced closed.

And then it was all over, the energy stopped, the destruction of his home ceased, and when the smoke cleared he saw his summon clearly for the first time.

In truth, he had underestimated the size of the Caster he had wanted. Standing over 7ft tall, green skin, black eyes, he was clad in a simple white cotton robe. His hair was not visible as it was under the Atef—the feathered white crown—a symbol of who exactly had been summoned from the throne of heroes.

Looking down at his right hand he saw three burning red symbols, proof of his successful summon. The seals of command would ensure obedience from the Servant, he could give up to three orders that could not be disobeyed, and each order would take up one seal of command. It was when he had run out of commands that he would be in trouble.

Although he had the seals of command, it was very rare for a servant and master to disagree with each other so much that every order had to be enforced with a command seal. In the War for the Holy Grail – an item that could grant any wish – the servants sought after it of their own volition. In fact normally a heroic spirit could not be summoned unless it was time for the Grail War. The miracle of summoning was one of the many blessings the Grail gave the sorcerers who would fight to the death over it. The last Sorcerer and Servant standing would be deemed worthy of the Grail and be granted a miracle of their choosing.

Looking at his summon he realized that while he had been caught up in the joy and excitement of summoning such a powerful servant, he was overlooking something wrong. Something horribly wrong.

“Who is he?” Caster pointed down at the cracked basement floor where the summoning circle had been moments before. There lay a small figure dressed in red and dark blue.

Moving closer he saw the figure had larger ears, black hair, he looked human otherwise but his instinct screamed that this man did not belong here. He looked like an elf from stories and crazy fairytales. 

“I thought he was yours, like a pet or something.” He tried to sound confident, because confidence in skill and determination to win would do more to winning over the honest co-operation of his servant more than anything else would.

“What did you use to summon me?” Caster looked at his summoner with wry amusement. Kinoko immediately sifted through the wreckage to find the catalyst for the summons. Giving the black and silver embroidered cloth to Caster when he found it he bent closer to inspect the new arrival.

“It appears that you summoned me improperly and as such summoned this creature as well. Although he has the capacity to be a heroic spirit he is very much alive. As such he is not bound to you through the summoning spell. The Grail has a sense of humour it seems.” He looked at Caster in surprise. He had forgotten that this legendary creature had the gift of supreme insight.

“If I can’t control him then why did the Grail summon him alongside you?” It was then that he had realized something, something so small that in his joy he had completely missed it.

“Indeed, mortals never got the spelling of my name right, and although you managed to get an accurate enough hieroglyph for my name sewn in essence thread back from when I was worshipped, the symbols are warped. The Holy Grail is a vessel of miracles, it grants us faded legends a chance to play in this war for a chance at existence, but it also seems to have the power to open up other existences if the conditions are right.” Caster had turned the other creature over on his back, the creatures’ weapon became visible; a cross bow with strange runes etched on the side. He was still unconscious.

“Another world.” He almost whispered the idea out loud reverently. Running over the possibilities he arrived at one conclusion. This was a world where unnatural things did not exist for long. It was only through the miracle of the Grail War heroic spirits could be summoned, but a creature from another world would want the Grail so he could return home. He would be competition, and worse since he is not a heroic spirit he was not bound by command spells, he could unbalance the entire world, at the very least horribly unbalance the Grail War. Depending on what kind of power he had, he may not even need a summons to participate. Sense of humour indeed.

“Kill him.” Caster did not move to obey his master.

“Caster, you should destroy him now.” He tried his best to keep the sudden knot of panic he felt in his gut out of his voice.

“Did you think that someone like you with a half-hearted grasp on sorcery would be enough to fuel my mana for an entire war? No, of course not, you were going to have me drain the life out of everyone in this town. However if I have to kill all the mortals in this town anyways I could add them to my army, you do not have the mana to support that. Or were you planning on my reputation and name to be enough to scare others away. You sir are a fool, and one that doesn’t deserve the Grail.” The words were quick, rapid and while Caster openly condemned his master, Kinoko prominently displayed the Command Seals on his hand.

“Caster I command you too—” he finished the sentence, he felt the wind and words come from his lungs and through his mouth, but he did not hear them.

“This creature however has more training in arcane arts than you do, quite curious really, he has a stronger capacity to support me as well.” Caster gently removed the newcomer’s weapons and placed them on the table. All the while Kinoko was trying to scream out his command, trying to invoke the seals, and failing.

“It seems you forgot one of my many titles summoner, did you really think for a moment I would acknowledge you as my ally? At least you are not totally useless; you managed to supply your own replacement. With this one I should be able to win the war, attain the grail, and then of course explore this ‘multiple worlds’ theory at my leisure.”

Lord of Silence. the dawning comprehension must of shown on his face because Caster looked at him for the first time since he had been summoned and laughed.

“Let us make a different pact dear summoner, either you hand over the command seals willingly and leave this place with your life, or I will rip them and every nerve in your body out and graft them onto this creature myself.” Caster never failed to keep a polite tone in his voice. This one had been worshipped, feared, adored, and never ever called him master from the moment he had been summoned.

Kinoko did the only sensible thing he could, he ran. He did not run far, Caster caught up immediately.

In the Command room – Outpost

“We have a small problem in the Fate/stay system...” Recruit Christopher looked at his monitor the on-duty GJG Jenna looked over his shoulder at the monitor.

“Unauthorized Jaunt from a different system?” Jenna bent to see Christopher’s screen better, “This is a big disturbance in Jaunt Space; we better send some guardians over ASAP!”

While Jenna was on communication duty gathering Guardians in Jaunt Room 4, Christopher monitored the situation; the Fate/stay system seemed remarkably for the moment, but who knew how long that would last?

OOC: I am writing this with the assumption that no one has a good idea of what the original game is about. For those that do know: I have used none of the original characters, this is a different Holy Grail War than the one that takes place in the game. I was told to put in how much NPC reaction Guardians are allowed to do: The Holy Grail War is all about unnatural occurrences, you can interact/ally/kill any npc who is involved with the war directly. This is a secret war so generally the npc populace does not know what is happening. If a civilian npc discovers anything connected to the war they are killed by the servants in the war. I am hoping to get this adventure done quickly so please post about once every few days or more.

News:Yes for the most part this is a modern day setting
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 04:38:24 pm by Rath »

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
Re: “Summoning the Sky Dragon” Intro, Semi-Open (PM to Join)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 04:30:08 am »

Tiernan & Jack's Room
Bored. That was how Tiernan felt that day; everything from his rehab work, to his medical research, to his plethora of Star Trek novels just seemed to bore him. Sitting there in the room he shared with Jack, wearing naught but a turtleneck and his boxers, the young Amberite had been in the midst of idly flipping through a notebook when the call to action had sounded. He wasn't a Guardian and not typically allowed outside the Outpost, but exceptions were sometimes made if the manpower was needed, or if he'd been on good behavior. And so, lacking anything better to do, he fully dressed himself and left to go get approval to go.

Jaunt Room 4
Tiernan arrives in Jaunt Room 4 not long after the summons. He's wearing his typical attire and is armed with various throwing knives hidden throughout his clothing. Rather than wear his glasses, he opted for contact lenses as they tended to prove more reliable on missions. Available to him were some of his powers, though not all; climbing onto the jaunt pad, he closes his eyes and allows himself a moment to savor the feel of being connected to the Pattern. It felt good. Too good, almost. He shuddered at the sensation, then opened his eyes to greet whomever might be following him through the door.

OOC: Tiernan cannot affect probability or exert much influence over systems. He can, however, make use of his Amberite attributes (strength, warfare, psyche, endurance), pattern defenses/sight, and his natural ability to process poisons harmlessly. If he attempts to use any of the barred powers, he'll be auto-jaunted to the sublevels.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 01:57:23 pm by llemaire »

carp

• First Class Poster
Re: “Summoning the Sky Dragon” Intro, Closed
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 06:59:57 am »

Jack had been on duty, helping security with the dull job of monitoring the Outpost and its grounds.  Unlike Tiernan, he wasn't actually bored by this task.  He liked it, especially if he got a chance to yell at someone for being somewhere they shouldn't.  But today nothing interesting was happening, so he wasn't disappointed to be called to the Jaunt Room for a mission.

He arrives dressed in street clothes-a t-shirt, leather jacket and jeans-and has a backpack slung over one shoulder.  His hair is tied back and for now his wings are hidden by his CM.  He smiles when he sees his room mate.  "Hey, Tiernan.  You going on this one too?"  He steps onto the jaunt pad, impatient to get things rolling.

((I believe that we're walking into a modern setting, where obvious weapons would be unwise.  In that kind of situation, Jack tends to have a pistol and hunting knife under his jacket, and wears a bullet-proof vest.  In his backpack, he has carefully packed bottles of highly flammable oil.  He's got two zippos in his pockets.  He'll also have a couple of jaunt beacons and a first aid kit and a flashlight!))
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 08:31:48 pm by carp »
carp uses they/them pronouns please and thank you

Scrae | Jack | Gabriel | Vic | Amalie

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 05:02:15 pm »

Draggin' Behind

Eventually Jarod shows up. He looks moderately 'modern day' dressed. For the things that fit around his frame. The slightly 'built' way his torso appears as suggests that he IS wearing his old (but magically augmented) armor underneath a very loose shirt. His pistol's tucked away neatly in a proper holster. Due to the particular build of his wings he can't use a backpack, so he has small packs strapped to his upper arms and one to his tail in which he carries the rest of his small equipment.

He's not really armed much beyond that, after all he's a dragon and a warlock... there's not a lot one would need for weapons after that. He can be seen strapping a headband around his forehead, keeping his mane from getting into his eyes, but it is also a hat of disguise. Should he need to appear as a rather tall human, he can... illusiory of course. Then again, his CM may have other ideas about his form to fit into the system as it is.

"Right... I'm looking forwards to getting away from Hugo and his protocol lectures for a little while, so lets get going with whatever briefing we need and leave before he figures out I didn't go to the restroom."  he grins, stepping into the jauntpad area.

Nekane

• Second Class Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 06:10:30 pm »

Machaira arrives, the Primaris Psyker and Ascended Sorcerer looking... Nowhere near her station, clad in but a navy blue wool peacoat over faded jeans with brown boots, her hands covered by thin black gloves. She appears unarmed, but that is likely because she's absolutely rotten with weaponry and is far more dangerous fighting with her 'bare' hands.

She smiles as she enters, staring for the pad. Her minimal heels click very faintly on the tile floor.
"Jack, Tiernan. A pleasure to see you both. And.. Jarod, mm? Why, I think we have all the bases covered.."

(( Machi has her psy-focus around her neck, a gold necklace with a sapphire gem. She is also carrying a small medical kit and three jaunt beacons, tucked into an inner pocket of her coat. ))

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 03:15:16 am »

Briefing

As all of you gather Jenna quietly enters the jaunt room.  As you all get ready for the jaunt she taps a few things on her control pad. When you seem ready she steps up coughing politely.

“There are a few things you should know about this system before you leave. For the most part it is a human-only system. We do not know a terrible amount about this system; we have never sent a team to this system before so do not have a lot of information to go with. At 16:11 hours an unauthorized jaunt into the Fate/stay system from Eberron 4th edition system. Originally this Fate/stay system was a digital novel that masqueraded as a choose-your-own adventure video game. There are no direct PC’s that we can tell. Since the first major destabilizing jaunt we have discovered a number of things about it.” She pauses for a breath before continuing.

“The entire ‘game’ centers around a fight to the death between seven sorcerers and their summons. The setting seems to be ‘modern day’ though a heavy use of modern day weapons does not seem to be apparent in the game. A word about the summons, they are called ‘Servants’ and each servant belongs to a ‘Class’ and there doesn’t seem to be multiple servants from the same class. These Servants come from legends and stories from the past – which as far as we can tell mimics the Prime’s history fairly accurately. Since each servant is a heroic legend from the past their weaknesses are likewise carefully documented. To avoid having their weakness used against them, the servants are called by their Class instead of their name.”

“The goal of this fight is to attain the mythical Holy Grail which is said to grant the worthy victor any wish they desire. We do not know why, but only Servants can touch the grail which is why they need to be summoned in the first place. These summons are powerful, known attributes include dissipating into a spirit form which makes them invisible to all except their master and other servants, and the ability to recharge themselves by draining the life of the living; a small drain can paralyze an npc for a short time; a large drain on a large number of people can kill them all. Each class has their own aspects but we do not have a comprehensive list. In theory the servants are as powerful as their legends; if this comes down to you fighting servants be prepared for a difficult fight.”

“So far this seems to be a simple case of extraction, the target is the one who made the unauthorized jaunt who has been in the Fate/stay system for only a few hours; find him/her/it and return. There is a real danger to this system, it will try to integrate all of you, treat it like a book or story that hasn’t been finished written yet. On one hand you have the preset plot, but alterations such as this unauthorized jaunt could warp the structure of the Fate/stay universe until it reaches the point where it can absorb another gaming universe. Also there is evidence that not all of your powers will function in exactly the same way it does here. This Holy Grail shows signs of having a mind of its own and can alter the laws of the world around it to suit itself. Use extreme caution.”  With that Jenna steps towards the jaunt controls and gets ready to send you on your way.

OOC: If there is anything you guys wish to say/do before the jaunt do so now Otherwise step onto the jaunt pad when you are ready

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 03:21:36 am by Rath »

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 11:28:34 am »

Jarod shudders a little, involuntarily. It feels like something just did an entire number up and down his spine and then went to dance on his grave like Michael Flatley... The last thing he wants to imagine is another system eating other systems. He'd been uninvolved when that happened a last time, but too many who're close to him weren't. Even though he normally never does this, he pulls out a small, white candle and lights it on a console next to the jauntpad they're about to take off from... "Just in case..." He mutters if anyone has any inclination to listen.

After that, he straightens up and adjusts his clothing. "Right... I'll start my masquerade before we get there then." And with that, the drake is replaced with the image of a fairly tall, pale-skinned and rather effeminate looking human with long black hair and a white 'widows peak' in it, a stark reverse of his hair as a dragon. Of course, this is a fairly fancy illusion. Get too close and you'll feel the currently invisible parts.
"Alright... I'm set. If it comes to fighting these servants, I'm sure we'll have a small team listening in on our communicators so we can describe them to you? If they're that much like primary legends we'll have an upper hand in this." He finally remarks, waiting for the reply and the jaunt afterwards.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 05:30:07 pm »

Tiernan looks visibly pleased when Jack shows up, "Yeah, I was bored and this seemed like a good distraction. This'll be our first mission together, won't it?" He stands aside a touch to make room for Jack. When Machaira and Jarod both show up, Tiernan flashes them both a smile, though he's careful not to be too obvious with Machaira for fear of upsetting his jealousy-prone room mate. He didn't want to spoil the good mood he was in.

He chuckles at Jarod's comment, more because it seemed like the thing to do and less because he actually understood the humor. Following Machaira's appraisal of their group,  Tiernan peers at each of them in turn and finds that he agrees with her assessment, "Mm, we do have a fairly well rounded group. Here's hoping we have the same sort of success we enjoyed the other night, eh Mariya?" Belatedly, he realizes he probably shouldn't have drawn attention to that night. Looking to Jack, he shrugs.

When their briefing officer shows up and explains what they were about, he turns his attention to her. At the end of it, a look of annoyance crosses his face. "What a poor time for my powers to be as neutered as they are." He folds his arms across his chest. He wasn't about to outright ask for someone to loosen the locks on his powers, not so soon after he'd gotten his feet wet with missions, but he wasn't above hinting at it. In any case, as he had no questions for Jenna, Tiernan was content to let Jarod make all the inquiries. Whenever it seems like the others were done with their questions, he adds, "I'm ready anytime."

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 10:21:39 pm by llemaire »

carp

• First Class Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 10:26:28 pm »

"You know it is," Jack says simply in response to Tiernan's question as he steps onto the pad next to him.  Still he smiles, and looks happy enough when Machaira enters too.  "Hey, Mariya."  He just gives Jarod an appraising look.  He tries not to let himself be annoyed by the reminder of the mission that Tiernan and Machaira has been on. 

He listens closely to the briefing, his brows rising at the description of the Holy Grail.  He glances sidelong at Tiernan, then he's back to attention when Jarod asks his question.  "I know about human mythology.  I lived through most of it," he offers. 

Nekane

• Second Class Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 04:41:27 am »

Machi listens intently to the briefing and overview of the System, her hands clasped before her. Thus, musing. As they settle on the jaunt pad, she glances to the others.

"You know the myths, then? That's good. I've a moderate knowledge, just from some of the classes I've taken since I got here. Not as detailed as yours, I'm sure, but enough. And, truth be told, this isn't the first time I've encountered a System that attempts to incorporate outside elements into itself. Recall Redmoon. I'm sure we'll be fine."

She nods once, absent-mindedly brushing at a loose lock of hair, and then awaits their sending-off.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 04:56:08 am »

“Yes, I will be listening in on your communications and supplying whatever information I can, but – and I cannot stress this enough – The stories from prime may not help you much. Even if the legends match up completely between this system and the prime system, each class of servant has additional abilities that we simply do not know yet. Also, according to the game, each servant is as powerful as their legend is, not according to what they were like when they were alive, if they even really existed at all.” This last bit is directed as a warning directed towards Jack.

Seeing that there isn't much more that can be said; Jenna works the controls of the jaunt pad, setting the coordinates for the Fate/stay system
     “Please be careful and good luck Guardians!” 

Arrival

This is probably what a raw, uncooked, potato feels like as it is being forced through a metal strainer and then asked to reassemble on the other side. You all arrived unharmed just feeling odd. As you focus in on your surroundings you see that you have landed in the ruins of a dilapidated building there are various arcane objects lying in the ruins; more specifically underneath your collective feet is a summoning circle.

“Who are they?” A gravelly voice breaks into your assessment of the situation from behind you. The owner of the voice is a 5’10”, dressed in strange silver armor that seemed to glow, blond haired heavily muscled man standing in a ready position for an attack. A large crystal blue two-handed great sword is pointing in your directions. Behind him standing in the doorway to the building was a small (4’9”) girl with long black hair dressed in a plain white summer dress. Her pretty face is marred by the frightened look in her eyes as she regards you. Moonlight is pouring in from the door revealing a forested landscape of some sort behind them.

“I did not summon them Rider.” She says in a timid voice, she is slowly backing her way out of the building as Rider takes up a more defensive position between you and the summoner.

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 06:16:19 pm »

We're heeee-reeee

Jarod pinches the bridge of his snout near the eyes, a motion translating nicely to the bridge of his illusiory nose before he looks around. Thankfully the very recent spellcasting triggers one of his abilities and he's got something to focus on while his mind stops being mushy. His meghbail sense flooding him with information, he takes a few cursory sniffs of the air around him -attempting his Detect Magic ability, manifested as the dragon 'sniffing out' magic.

He's pretty swiftly brought back to the present when the voice behind him rings out and he turns to see it. He doesn't need to look up as even his lanky human illusion is somehow taller than the five-foot odd tall armored man. .oO( Oh great, a knight with a sword... look me being lucky and this guy's one of Primary's legendary dragonslayers).
He makes a sour face, looking at the man, the girl and then down at the summoning circle the entire group is standing in. He returns his attention to what may be a very real threat, but he refrains from answering. Right now what he may be saying is not quite what the situation calls for...

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 06:28:43 pm »

In Sytem
Though normally in complete control of his faculties, Tiernan gasps aloud the moment that his feet touch down in the system. His is not a gasp of surprise, but one of ecstasy, brought on by a sudden increase in his connection to the Pattern. His eyes half close as a pleasurable sensation washes over him; it felt so damn good. "Here, of all places..." Something spoke to him, called, demanded he give in; there's temptation then, a need to use his powers however he could. He raises a shaking hand to his face. Intertwined with the euphoric and altogether too tempting feeling is a sense of grave danger; he pauses, uncertain. "...two patterns. I...I need..."

With obvious struggle, Tiernan forces his eyes shut and turns his attention inward. The mission, the summon circle, the people in front of him are all forgotten as he attempts to bring to mind his own image of the Pattern, putting it to the forefront of his thoughts in an effort to block out the other Patterns. He hated having to call upon it this early, knowing that prolonged usage would result in a headache, but he had no choice. There would be no concentrating while he felt like he was on the trip of a lifetime. "Sorry about that..." He murmurs to the others, "I should be fine now." He hoped he would be fine, at any rate.

One way or another, whether his defenses activated correctly or not, the Amberite is going to open his eyes and take stock of their situation. He notes the appearances of those before him and immediately discerns servant from summoner. Though the servant was more muscular than he, Tiernan was taller and had his Amberite strength backing him. He felt confident that should they come to blows, he could probably take him. "...what do we do?" He asks his group, still recovering from his earlier episode.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 06:41:36 pm by llemaire »

carp

• First Class Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 06:39:17 pm »

Jack was feeling nauseous when they land in the system.  After all the jaunting he had done, he was surprised.  He fumbled in his pocket for his electronic cigarette, and is about to put it in his mouth when two things distract him.

The voice of what is clearly one of the servants gets his attention first.  He turns with everyone else and looks the hero over.  Already he's thinking this situation is not good.

Tiernan's little conversation with himself concerns Jack even more.  He didn't know what was going on, but he knew his friend well enough that something was wrong.  He frowns and looks back to the servant.

"We're nobody," he says, putting his cigarette in his mouth.  "We know what you're after, and trust us, we don't want it."  That was true.  If he considers 'we' the Guardians in general.  "We're just looking for someone.  You're not it, so why don't we all just move along."  He draws on his cigarette and hopes for the best.

Nekane

• Second Class Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 07:00:19 pm »

Interval One - Acclimation

Machi arrives, calm, unbothered by the peculiarities of this jaunt-- which is an oddity, given how very unusual the sensations associated with this jaunt were. But the System itself is different. Something makes her shudder: for all her power of Will, her confidence, her psychic might, she gets the strangest sensation that something--someone?--is there. Repelled by her mental armour, perhaps, but there. It's not something she's unused to, but worrying.

Her first act is to take in their surroundings.

Her second act is to attempt to quietly manifest Resist Possession, Fettered of course, a simple enough course of action.

And then third, she becomes rather distinctly aware of a large man wielding a crystalline sword. 5'10" may not seem like large, but she is not a particularly tall woman, and when she's feeling unsettled as she is, that sort of sight is a bit intimidating, even though she may not show it.

She eyes Tiernan a bit, next, her thoughts connecting to the presence she detected on arrival. She murmurs to him, "Don't fall for it. Something here is .. Grasping for us." Very softly, her southern-English high-class accent still as evident as ever. Then she straightens, and quietly nods as Jack speaks.

She is still very much unsettled, however, and will attempt to quietly Manifest and Sustain both Preternatural Awareness and Soul Sight. Fettered, as this would be an awful time to conjure up a swarm of screeching spirits or open a hole into the Immaterial through which grasping tendrils fling everyone about.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14