Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: The Outpost v2 1  (Read 50817 times)

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
The Outpost v2 1
« on: November 20, 2008, 12:06:04 pm »

Welcome to the Gaming Guardians Outpost

This thread is intended as a jumping-on point for new recruits and guests, and aspiring role-players.

Everyone is welcome, new and old alike. It's a good idea for veteran players to pop in from time to time, to meet the new recruits.

The following is a list of areas within the Outpost, although it is by no means a complete list:

Atrium/Welcome Area - like the entry hall of a large hotel, with an information kiosk, some plants and a large water feature. There is a small lounge off to one side of the Atrium, and two security zones marked on the floor to either side of the room. Marion, Flats, carp, and Lana are often about.

Cafeteria - another large room with several tables, a large open floor, and (depending on who's on duty) food that ranges from delicious to inedible to downright dangerous (try the astral surprise).

Lounge - a comfortable area with couches, a fireplace, a fully-stocked bar with all the trimmings, and a computer terminal (often featured in #GGLounge chats)

Command & Control - the nexus of the HQ, brimming with computers and equipment. Officers from all departments have responsibility for running C&C. The Guardians Public Relations office is located just off C&C and serves as the Guardians communications gateway to the outside world.

Motorpool - for vehicle and mecha storage. Part starport and part machine shop, it functions as the main storage facility for a veritable plethora of Guardians vehicles. The place is also a person - a Transformer by the name of Outport.

Training Rooms - put holodeck tech from Star Trek and the Danger Room from X-Men together, and you have the training rooms. The rooms have safety interlocks to prevent lasting damage to folks training, but they have been disengaged before...

Jaunt Rooms - the jaunt systems are key to the Guardians' mission, sending field agents to the systems they're most needed. Note, these rooms cannot normally be used for teleporting within the Primary System (though this rule can be broken in emergencies). Other modes of transport are available for that.

Rec Rooms - where Guardians and recruits go to let off steam. There is at least one billards room.

Pool - an Olympic-sized pool, for exercising and cooling off alike. The area also includes a sun deck.

Security Center - including interrogation rooms, camera rooms, and the brig. Woe be to those souls sent to Sub4!

Briefing/Debriefing Rooms - your standard large conference rooms, equipped with futuristic display devices for discussing mission specifics.

Auditorium - for larger meetings, briefings, and awards ceremonies.

Barracks - since being a Guardian doesn't really pay the bills, housing is supplied at no charge. Think of these as spacious dormitory rooms (if such a thing exists).

Gardens - an open-air area in the back of the Outpost with a one-way holographic ceiling to let the sun shine in.

Library - home to every gaming book imaginable, as well as references and a computer lab.

File Room - home to the complex sheafs of paperwork required of all new trainees, and home to the paperwork demon, Philor.

Medical Bay - The beloved 'medbay' where the sick and injured go to avoid death.

Chapel - A tiny, pan-denominational place of worship.

Random Isolated Nook - the perfect place for clandestine meetings and plottings.

Once you have created your character, be sure to create a profile for said character. Also, please review the etiquitte thread.

(TBA) are the moderators on this thread. We may add other GMs from time to time, as needed.

This is a social thread, and loosely moderated - interactions between characters are controlled by those characters, with little (if any) GM input.

There will be no combat on this thread. Violators of this policy will find themselves teleported to the Brig pretty quickly, especially if it occurs in the Atrium. If you're going to get into conflict, create a new thread and have at it there.

Include a Bold Location Header indicating your character's name and location at the top of each post.  It'll help keep everyone straight.  An example of this would be: Atrium - Wargolem

This thread should in no way discourage you from creating your own introduction thread. It is merely an alternative to doing so, not a replacement. It should also be a good place to mingle, sow the seeds of future threads, and interact with Guardians that you might not meet otherwise.

Here's some helpful stuff to remember:
* New arrivals receive a copy of the standard Intro Dossier. Your character can get it in a different language if necessary, or as an audio or computer-based presentation.
* Paperwork is mandatory - yes, you're going to get a stack of it, and yes, you have to complete it to get your credentials from the Front Desk. Sorry, but Philor gets cranky otherwise.
* Paperwork takes FOREVER to process...role-play this however you wish. Once it's finally done, you gain Recruit or Guest status.
* New recruits and guests get a passcard that allows them elsewhere in the Outpost, as well as a layout guide of the place. The guide includes their room assignment. They also get a Guardians comm.
* Nowhere in the library is there a book entitled "Secrets to EVERY single piece of Guardians Technology" - that information is classified.
* Don't expect people to notice you, unless you really enjoy disappointment. Find someone in the same room you're in and talk to them.
* Don't ignore someone who talks to you - it's just rude. At the same time, don't expect an immediate reply when you talk to someone.
* Be sure to post what room you're in at the beginning of your post, preferably in bold print.
* Security's stance on teleporting into the Outpost varies from mildly annoyed (if you're a Guardian and arrive in a public area) to quick-trip-to-Sub4 (if you're a guest or unknown and arrive somewhere you're not supposed to be). Keep this in mind before popping in unexpectedly.
* The Atrium welcome desk does not normally accept shipped packages or deliveries. Shipments are verified through the appropriate receiving department and scanned by Security prior to delivery.
* The (Un)Official Roster is in effect for this RP.

...and the adventure continues...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 06:54:42 pm by Janus »

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
Re: The Outpost v2 1
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 02:35:52 pm »

Cafetaria

Taross shuffles herself into the Cafetaria. Somewhere the idea to get some food popped up in her mind and she had to admit that she had been getting pretty hungry, too. Picking up a tray, she looks over the different things there are in the buffet and passes over the Astral Surprise pretty quickly. .oO(When's the last time I've been here anyway... I eat out way too much).
She tucks the tray under an arm and starts towards one of the Greenshirts carrying a soup pot along "Heya, what's for lunch today?" She asks.
"Hmm? Oh, er... I think this is Chef's choice soup." the young man answers her, putting the pot down in the self-service area.
"Right, so that's either an experiment in flavor or just yesterdays dinner soup... I'll go for something more safe today, thanks." Taross offers a quick wave and moves over towards the 'cold food' area.

Eventually she settles on a big mug of coffee to go with some ham and cheese sandwiches and a slice of pecan pie. With the food in hand, the taur picks a spot where she can idly watch most of the room while she enjoys the food. .oO( Who knows, maybe a new recruit'll come in to try the Astral Surprise. We have to start telling people to try it for lunch again.) she muses, taking a big bite out of her first sandwich.

Atrium

Meanwhile...
A little clockwork ferret is dragging along an indeterminate-looking part of what would most likely fit in a car along with him. He's just barely exited the hallway that leads towards the motorpool area and he's trying to keep to the side of the big entrance room. Occasionally, he stops at one of the C.I.O.S.K. booths to look around and see if he's still on course.

AmazingAdrian

• Junior Grade Poster
  • Guardian for 4 years
    • Livejournal
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 01:28:40 am »

Atrium:

The clockwork ferret might notice a pair of sneakers standing nearby him, the pair of which are being worn by one of the Outpost's resident superheroes, The Amazing Adrian. He is just finishing putting a new set of introductory pamphlets into the K.I.O.S.C. to replace old ones that had been removed. Noticing the mechanization dragging something past his feet, Adrian looks down and smiles.

"Where you going with that, little guy?", he asks, peering down to see just what it is.

----------------
Now playing: Journey - Still She Cries
via FoxyTunes

Drew

• Neutral Guest
  • Old School Guardian
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 07:33:30 pm »

Atrium:

In through the front door comes a gent who's not been see around the Outpost for sometime, dressed in his typical garb. He walks up to the desk and looks over it. "Hmmm... seems mighty slow round here."

Janus

• RPG Collector Supreme
  • Administrator
  • First Class Poster
  • "I'll explain that later."
    • Gamer's End RP Wiki
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 11:48:00 pm »

Atrium

Walking out of the small public sitting area off to the side, Zach Tylor walks up to the front desk as he sips from a coffee mug and carries a messenger-style bookbag.  The young man is wearing a grey I.O.U. sweatshirt and some bluejeans, and when he looks up to see Drew standing at the front desk he seems a bit surprised. 

"Hey, sorry... we just finished renovations of the public areas, and it had been hours since I saw anyone.  Can I help you?"
Doctor Hugo Easton - Mad SCIENCE!
Webhunter - College Student Werewolf
Azure Reg - Shadowrun Thief & British Mutant

Learn about them all by finding my links right HERE

Drew

• Neutral Guest
  • Old School Guardian
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 12:27:40 am »

Drew smiles at Zach, "Sure kid, do you know where I can find Wargolem or perhaps Guardian Angel?"

Janus

• RPG Collector Supreme
  • Administrator
  • First Class Poster
    • Gamer's End RP Wiki
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 02:32:46 am »

Atrium

Zach blinks a few times, knowing he had heard Fate mention her once or twice, but never met the woman himself.

"Well... hmm, lemme check the computer."

Sitting behind the desk, the young man taps away at the computer terminal while nervously chewing on a piece of... well, it looked like a piece of jerkey, but the smell and the look made question as to what the meat had been originally...

"Sorry.  Guardian Angel left on personal leave a while back.  But Security Chief Wargolem is still on staff!  Uhm, I don't know if it's a maintenance cycle or not... are you in the database?"

AmazingAdrian

• Junior Grade Poster
  • Guardian for 4 years
    • Livejournal
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 03:36:54 am »

Atrium:

Adrian looks up upon hearing Guardian Angel's name, his eyes falling on Zach as the young Garou gets behind the K.I.O.S.C. desk to access the computer.

"Guardian Angel? I've heard about her...She's supposed to be one of the most celebrated of the original Guardians. Don't they have a statue of her up somewhere?"

Adrian looks over to see what sort of fellow would ask about her, his eyes following Zach's as he makes his inquiry. He squints at the cowboy for a few moments before a spark of memory clicks into place.

"...Drew?", he asks, tentatively.

----------------
Now playing: Aerosmith - Angel
via FoxyTunes

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 03:44:50 pm »

Atrium:

Crick is looking up at Adrian for a bit while the ferret considers an answer to the question before piping up "It's an old transmission... It's not being used and I can use it..." he explains. Though he's not explaining where exactly he's taking it. Of course, once Adrian is distracted he starts to drag it off again. Keeping to the side of the room, maybe to prevent people from tripping, or he just doesn't want to attract a lot of attention.

Drew

• Neutral Guest
  • Old School Guardian
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 07:41:54 pm »

Drew nods to Adrian, then looks back to Zack, "Yep I should be in there unless y'all took me out of there check under Operations, Guardian First Class.... name's Drew just as the good Amazing recalls." he says with a bit of a mischievous smile on his face.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 07:46:29 pm by Drew »

TheDragonGirl

• Artist Extraordinaire
  • Second Class Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 07:59:49 pm »

Atrium

Adam wanders into the Atrium, from within the outpost, broom in hand. The dead man is wearing a long brown coat and gloves, with a green and white scarf around his neck. He gives Adrian and Zach a nod.. and Drew a curious look silently. The ensouled zombie begins sweeping  the floor, starting from one corner and working his way towards the further, intent on this duty, a small frown of concentration on his face, though his chin length hair hides much of that as he bends to the task. whisk whisk whisk The bristles hitting the floor have a very distinctive sound.

Janus

• RPG Collector Supreme
  • Administrator
  • First Class Poster
    • Gamer's End RP Wiki
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2008, 09:28:42 pm »

Atrium

Zach keeps looking through the database, chewing his bottom lip as he looks up to see everyone now arriving in the Atrium.  The werewolf silently wondered if this was a sign of how quiet things were today, or how busy things might start getting.  As he works to sift through both the new updated computer database and it's old archived counterpart, the young man murmers;

"OK... uhmmm, wait... AHA!  Woah, haven't seen the 'Classified' notices come up in a while... Yes!  Uhm, thanks for the patience, Mister Drew.  OK, confirmation scans are gonna start; nothing huge or major but tell me if you feel anything, ya know... 'Funky'.  Once that's done, I can issue you the new passkey system and IDs, and then you can be on your way!  Cool?"

Zach's hand hovers over the button that would trigger just a basic sensor sweep of the area in front of the main desk and compare some surface biometrics with whatever the Guardians still had on file about Drew.  If the man gave the OK and the scan worked, then Drew would have everything he needed in just a few short minutes to move about freely with his rank of GFC.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 11:43:59 pm by Janus_PG »

Aurora

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2008, 11:22:53 pm »

Aurora made her way down the hallways into the cafeteria. The gnoll/dragonness had been the quiet sort as of late. Though, soon enough, she is in line, collecting food, a light meal while she was on break from processing reports.

AmazingAdrian

• Junior Grade Poster
  • Guardian for 4 years
    • Livejournal
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 05:16:59 pm »

Atrium:

Adrian grins over at Drew and nods. "Wow, I haven't seen you since....." For a brief moment, Adrian's smile falters, though he takes care to hide it quickly.  "Welcome back, Drew."

He smiles over at Adam before looking back down to Crick. "You need any help with that? I'm not busy now that I'm done with this.", he says, motioning toward the K.I.O.S.C. It seemed like Zach had the situation well under control. He had the feeling this would be the start of a busy day.

----------------
Now playing: Aerosmith - Sweet Emotion
via FoxyTunes

Drew

• Neutral Guest
  • Old School Guardian
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 05:46:55 pm »

Drew nods to Adrian as the scanners take their time, "Been a while... good to be back." after a moment or three the scan should come back all clear.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26