Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Land of a Billion Lights [Closed]  (Read 5765 times)

Gaddez

• Forum Recruit
Re: Land of a Billion Lights [Closed]
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2014, 06:51:32 pm »

((Update forthcoming.

Gaddez

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2014, 11:49:27 pm »

Closing his eyes for a moment, The orc gathers himself and focus on keeping his voice as even as he can. He couldn't let fear or anger tinge his voice or he'd be unfair to the girl, and he'd be dammed before he made this anything other then the girls choice.

<< SVPC Allie: I Need you to make a decision about something and I want you to understand that no matter what you decide, I'm going to support it, since it occurs to me that you may not have gotten on this whole crazy scribe train with full knowledge of what this entails.>>

<< I've seen the goon squad's ringer team, they've got some nasty tricks up their sleaves that I wasn't expecting, but they told me just enough that I think I've got this whole mess figured out.>>

<< They're after rose. If they get her then their boss doesn't have to worry about being ousted any time soon and me and the rest of the guardians have to deal with him the long and hard way.>>

He paused for just a moment to let his words sink in.

<< If you want a normal life, If you don't want to deal with any of the fantastical crazy stuff like ancient awares or zombie room mates then I'll understand and I'll take the necklace you're wearing to them. >>

<< But if you're like me and you're fear is turning into anger then I'm perfectly willing to... You know I almost was going to say fight, but what I've got planned isn't going to be a fight, It's gonna be me slapping the crap out of them so hard that all the rest of these mooks are going to stay as far away from you as they possibly can get.>>

<< And I'm not boasting. I cut my teeth on rifts earth, the most crazy violent system that ever was. I blew a hydra in half with a pump truck when I was 16. I fought the mechanoids at Camden Hills. I smacked an Irate goddess so hard that she didn't come looking to go for a second round. I can beat two reality warpers a vrock and who gives a rats ass what the other guy was.>>

<< Just tell me what it is that you want. Tell me that you want to push back against the assholes that have all come out of the wood work looking for you. Tell me that you want to fight for what you think is right. Or If you can't handle this, if you don't want this life, tell me you want it to end so you can just have a normal life (Almost had one of those once. It would have been nice.)>>

<< Whatever you decide I'll run with. No point in dragging a conscript into battle if they have no heart for it.>>

Oblivious to the conversation between gaddez and the would be savior, Devora takes a calculated gambit and bolts from cover directly away from Allie; Whatever the geometric creature was it was about to find them anyways, at least this way she could pull attention away from her charge and get an idea if the thing was hostile towards her or not. And if it was of a mind to parlay, then the succubus could figure out a bit more of what was going on.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2015, 01:17:39 am »

Allie listens to Gaddez's speech intently as he vividly explains the situation.

Allie takes a deep breath as she reviews facts in her mind. 
<<"You are wrong. They aren't after Rose. They shouldn't even know she exists. If they knew we'd be under attack right now not debating our next move. They are after Nick. They think he's the one training me. ">> Allie is so sure of this she debates the other options available.

Turning back at this point is ludicrous. Allie has known for a while she doesn't have a normal life anymore so Gaddez's platitudes don't really have as much impact as they might have. Still though Gaddez was offering to fight and the bastard who sent these guys after Allie has made a crucial error. Gaddez, Devora, and Artemis were here with her. 

<<"So… new plan.">> Alicia says with a bit more cheer than she's feeling. <<"Leave the ringer-team alone for now. Arty, dump your payload, corridor layout, towards big blue. Gaddez, do not be in the corridor when our attackers decide to panic. If you can find a way to do significant amount of damage to either the Divine Man or the pocket dimension then go nuts. We need to destabilize this place.">>  The opposing scribe has left holes everywhere and is not good at picking priorities. She plans to pick at the holes until the whole plan unravels.

'It will be a mess…' Yes Rose. It will be quite the mess when I'm through.

<<"Our Goal should be the destruction of this pocket dimension, one way or the other, before Nick arrives and his dimensional camouflage can be used against him.">> The ringer team will probably not stand by while the dimensional trap unravels so there is every chance Gaddez will get to 'slap' some of them.

"Deploying short range portal to your location" Artemis's voice comes over the Guardian comm line. Allie nods and then looks for Devora.

When Devora dashes from her cover with Allie to her new position closer to the floating light she confuses the creature slightly. It does not appear hostile and slows down it's approach until it's closer then it stops completely. Still emitting a friendly looking light it stops floating high in the sky and lowers until it's within a few feet of the ground. There is a slight chime sound as the light surges in brightness and ten fades, leaving behind a human-looking young man with gold eyes, a grey sweatshirt and black jeans. He holds his hands up in a gesture of peace.

OOC:  I got the flu and it delayed posting somewhat and I apologize.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2015, 04:30:45 pm »

Pausing the RP Here
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]