Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Land of a Billion Lights [Closed]  (Read 5766 times)

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
Land of a Billion Lights [Closed]
« on: December 07, 2013, 05:57:48 pm »

The story of Asuka Fairchild’s life was a long and complicated one full of walking very thin lines. This time was no different. At least she kept telling herself that.

As CEO of Generation Technologies, and former RPG mafia, Asuka had a lot of information running through her desk at any given moment. The key to her long story of survival is that she has always protected her own people, while bartering and dealing with others. The key reason that while she was on the Guardians ‘watch closely’ list but still had her freedom was because unlike other people in similar positions, Asuka saw the benefit of dealing with the Gaming Guardians.

Especially with regards to information they knew almost nothing about.

Taross was out of the office, where—Asuka could easily guess at that; with Taross gone someone from the Outpost still needed to follow up on this, she did her part though; sending in the call to meet at a neutral place.

Lighting up a cigarette she glanced down the street nervously awaiting someone from the green and whites to just come and see her already. She was standing outside of the White Lion Pub, Tinkertown, Gamer’s End and feeling like she was out and in the open. She always felt like that when she came to Gamer’s End.

Waiting was the hardest part.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 04:12:17 pm by Dathiel »

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
Re: Land of a Billion Lights [Closed RP]
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 07:26:22 am »

With a flash of light vaguely resembling an infinity symbol, two strangers to the system arrive not too far down the street.

The first of these was the orcish guardian Gaddez Darkmoor. Dressed in a long coat, blue jeans, a clean white T shirt and a new force field generator (the last one having been utterly ruined by an irate dragon). If Asuka was familiar with the orc from rifts earth, she might be surprised to note that while he was openly carrying one of his long pistols on his hip, he wasn't wearing his bottomless back pack from which he routinely produced formidable weaponry. A sign of trust perhaps?

Beside the orc was an attractive twenty something woman wearing a green and white buisness suit who casually glanced around the area before almost imperceptably nodding in the direction of the guardians would be contact.

Whether it was because of the ladies nod or his own intuition the two of them will make there way towards the pub.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 05:02:59 pm »

Asuka hurriedly puts out the cigarette at the Guardians approach, deep inside thankful it wasn’t a certain werewolf guardian that already disapproved of her, she waves at them and then goes inside to the table she had waiting. She is wearing her usual navy blue business suit and skirt, her long red hair is in a bun on the top of her head

Jorsch, the scarred white anthro lion barkeep kept the English style pub in neat order, a ‘No Tinkering’ sign was placed above the door, and the sign had no lights, just a wooden sign and a large window with a wooden frame with a few plants growing in it.

Inside the pub the scarred lion was busy filling drink orders and enforcing the no tinkering law, the pub was actually busy enough tonight to have a few servers. The rustic architecture barely allowed enough room for two giant television flat screens displaying the latest uberball match, a quick note of the score has the Shiny Wrenches down four points to the Glass Cannons – a fact most in the bar are talking about loudly.

Asuka takes a moment to make sure the Guardians are following her, and then sits down at the quietest corner of the pub, the bar itself obscured view of the small booth, but as Gaddez goes closer, he’ll see that she is not alone either, a tall imposing man with brown hair green eyes and a business suit is beside her nursing a glass of some mystery liquid.

“Welcome, I don’t know you two yet, so I’ll run introductions first, I’m Asuka Fairchild, and this is my nosey friend Conrad.” The man nods at his name, “And you two are?”

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 02:33:40 am »

Hours Before...
"You're making a mistake. You should take someone else with you on this."
"No, I'm pretty sure I'm making the definitively right call taking Devora with me on the mission."
"I've seen the way that you are around women and need I remind you that she isn't interested in those sorts of activities and even if she was: she is a succubus."
"Two things: 1, Thanks for the talk Dad. 2, this isn't a date, it's a field op. 3, Devora has limited shapeshifting abilities and thus can change her appearance after the mission to conceal her identity when the mission is done. 4, people are consistently surprised to find women in the role of bodyguard."
"If you're looking for a bodyguard you should take someone else."
"Well lets see, I can't take you because whether you are in or out of your draconic form you carry a certain imperious air that will draw more attention then I like, Axon loves MDC equipment almost as much as I do, Van can't seem to lose the faint smell of dog and Ping isn't likely to be as helpful in direct encounters. That leaves Devora as the only off-books outpost affiliate."
Present...
The atmosphere of the bar and the meeting was familiar to Gaddez, even if the system and the hosts were not; Quiet meetings in back rooms were favored meeting grounds between mercenaries and would be employers or black market contacts. Though Auska was ~according to the sketchy files he'd seen on her~ removed from such seedy elements, the nature of the meeting was still an analogue to those times.

"My name is Gaddez, pretty lady and my assistant is Devora. I was led to believe that you may be able to provide me with some information on a group of people who have been a thorn in the ass of certain primary based organizations..."

For her part, Devora sits quietly not saying anything, though her eyes seem to roll over both Conrad and Asuka with an appraising look before seemingly bored inspects the rest of the corner of the pub. In truth, the succubus was considering ways in and out of the pub, and where she would have struck from if she'd been tasked with going after the meeting.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 04:54:13 am by Ashla »

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 06:46:24 pm »

Asuka nods, and pulling out a navy blue envelope from her suit jacket and places it on the table in front of Gaddez.

“In that envelope is a name that must never be spoken aloud, at least not outside of your Outpost. The address on the card is where you’ll find that person. This information comes from people who cannot interfere.” Asuka runs down the mental checklist in her head and nods.

“The rules are simple, you cannot take this person off of primary, and you cannot bring this person into any Outpost controlled by the Guardians or your allies – sadly that includes me. I’m told you Guardians know more about the situation than I do, I was told to mention Everwish in particular.” Asuka pauses trying to note any reaction from the Orc across from her.

Whether she gets any clue from Gaddez’s reaction or not she continues.

“The person in that folder is about to have a very tempting price placed on their head. That price is anything in the systems. Anything. The person placing that bounty is the current Scribe, leader of the false chaliceborn and someone who can manipulate practically anything in the systems so you know it’s a tempting prize that he can pay out. This is not a joke.”

Devora will note two entrances one is the front door and the other leads to the kitchens in the back, and probably a delivery entrance, that entrance is located in between the bar and the small booth they are in. Washroom are located along the other wall, so only servers pass by the booth, and they do not act as if anything can be heard.

"One more thing, the moment you open that envelope you have a limited time to reach that address. Assume that I am not the only one that knows that name or is sending someone out. Also assume that whomever is tracking this person down are masters at moving through Primary unnoticed, you will not find obvious signs because these assassins have rules too. They can't be noticed by the Primarians, and if a single primarian life dies that isn't that person..." Asuka points at the envelope as she says this, "Then the Scribe will go to war against ALL Systemites currently on Primary and wipe them out. Guardians, RPGMafia, hell even innocent people just trying to make a life outside of their home system. The more people you include in on this, the more likely things will blow up in your collective faces. Keep this person safe for twenty hours, and when Nicholas Darksword comes for her, hand her over without a fuss. This person will recognize Nick, and no one can fool that person.”

“I also shared this information with the Black Dragons, you can assume they’ll be sending someone to help as well, assuming their code lets them. You may have an ally.”

Asuka look down at the envelope for a long moment.

“Any quick questions?”

OOC: That ‘hours before’ in your last post made me laugh. :D

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 09:52:13 pm »

Even before He reaches for the envelope, Gaddez begins considering options for how to proceed with the mission; he'd done wetwork in his home system before but there he'd been usually given a considerable ammount of latitude. His opposition in this case would be considerably more... limited in how loud they could get, but that didn't mean it'd be any easier to deal with them if they had any brains at all.

During his reading he looks back at Asuka and asks "Yes actually, I have a few. First, how will I know the black dragon agent? Second, is the package expecting to be picked up? Third, Are the assassins of primary origin or are we dealing with Scribble's personal goon squad?"

After reading the document(s) in the envelope he passes them to Devora to read; his partner would be needing to read it if she was going to do a solid job of protecting this mystery woman...

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 07:32:51 pm »

Asuka holds up 3 fingers. She points to the first finger with her other hand.
“I don’t know how you’d know the Dragon agent, they tend to be secretive and something on this scale they may not deem worth an agent.”

Asuka points to her second finger.
“I don’t know, the ‘package probably is not expecting a pickup, from what I was told this person dealt almost exclusively with Nick so best to assume ‘no’ “

Asuka points to the third finger.
“Again I don’t know, I’m assuming that because this is an open contract the Scribe can’t send anyone in the immediate future, but I have a rather disturbing lack of knowledge on that front.”

When Asuka sees the envelop open she nods to Gaddez.

“Time for us to go, I wish you luck.”

Asuka and Conrad get up to leave.

On a plain white card Gaddez will see the name ‘Alicia Paige’ and the address ‘40 24th $Pl Los Angeles Ca’.

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 03:57:46 am »

Gaddez rubs his eyes at the general lack of information that he was getting from Asuka: They may or may not recieve help from an individual from a clandestine organization he was unfamiliar with and wouldn't know them from the assassins who were after the package. Those Assassins could be anything from street toughs to Ex CIA to the scribes own goon squad. Oh and the Target was probably going to give him a hard time because she likely had no clue what was coming her way.

<< C&C Please jaunt me and Devora to 40 24th $Pl Los Angeles. I'm going to have to handle some business for the next day or so, so if you could pass that along to Val I'd appreciate it.>>

While he waited for the jaunt, gaddez took the card and lights it on fire with a small lighter.

"If you were on the other side for this Devora, how would you handle it?"
"Isolate her. After that I could do it any number of ways; break her neck, poison, push her down some stairs... really humans tend to be very fragile. It's somewhat amazing they were the ones who created the systems."
"Agreed"
"To which?"
"Both."

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 02:45:02 am »

The card burns up, and no sooner than it is gone completely Conrad comes back into the pub and hands Gaddez his own card.

“Asuka may not be able to help when the proverbial shit hits the fan, but I might. If you need a hand call me. My boss wants me to be friendly with you green and whites so I’ll try.” He offers a polite smile.

After he leaves again, Gaddez and Devora step outside for the jaunt.

After the infinity symbols fade Gaddez will find himself at night along the southern edge of Los Angeles, in front of a small flat apartment complex a few blocks from the ocean. Black shutters like the small claustrophobic windows and cars line both sides of the street. A chest high thin white wall lines the building and the carport underneath it, a small black gate is closed. Above the door behind the gate is the number ‘40’. Palm trees dot the street.

As far as entrances into the building, 3 windows aside there is the main door and one would assume a back door into the parking underneath the short building. There are people on the street, most are just walking are talking to each other in small groups.

OOC: The family brought a cold with them, many apologies for the late post. Also I assume Gaddez will use his CM to hide his orc appearance? Or something along those lines?

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 11:00:07 pm »

((Going to do a little plot strong thing to cover up gaddez's orciness))

Gratefully, the guardian accepts Conrad's card; any ally was welcome in a situation like this.

After arriving in front of the flat, gaddez quickly gives a ring on his finger a quick twist and in a heartbeat he has had his appearance altered; his skin pigment changes to a more natural human flesh tone, his teeth reduce in size and his nose alters to make him appear human. People who've met or seen him in the past won't be fooled by the simple illusion, nor does it allow for multiple appearances, but for the job he was being asked to do this would be enough.

Stepping up to the front door with devora in tow, He'll offer a gentle knock on the door.

"Miss Paige? Are you home?"

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2013, 01:18:04 am »

"You cops?" the young man that answers the door has piercings all over his face (and possibly the rest of his body) and is wearing ratty black clothes.

"She should be back in ten minutes, she's just getting off work." The disembodied voice comes from behind the young man who promptly yells at the person for cooperating with the police in hounding their roommate.

Just as you start running through ideas for what to do with free time, a petite black skinned woman in a gas station uniform slides into the door by the parking lot, the strange disembodied voice from earlier yells "Allie you got visitors out front."

No sooner than the words are uttered Gaddez will notice a plain black van turn onto the street, still a few blocks away...

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 05:24:29 pm »

Casually shifting his stance so as to put a foot in the door, Gaddez simply shrugs his shoulders and replies "Probably not the kind you need to worry about pal. Need to talk to mrs. Paige since she's in in a bit of a predicament."

When he see's his quarry, gaddez will smile to her and say "Miss paige, I was hoping to have a word with you." Glancing towards the van that is approaching he does his best to remain calm but someone who either knows him or is good at reading people will note a certain tension in his shoulders as he continues "preferably inside with your two room mates."

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 08:18:00 pm »

Alicia looks at the Gaddez and Devora with undisguised confusion. Her black hair has countless small braids.

“I can’t, sorry. I’m not supposed to talk to strangers…” Alicia dives for the door, keys in hand. As she jams the keys in the door trying to open it, the van picks up speed.

Gaddez can see the windows of the van roll down, a black metallic weapon of some sort can be seen through the windshield on the passenger side. Gaddez has seconds before the van will have an angle on him and the house.

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 11:00:36 pm »

With speed that most wouldn't expect from him, Gaddez wraps his arm's around Alicia and then hurls himself against the door which shouldn't be able to stand up to his orcish physique unless the lock is like a bank vault's. Assuming he is successful he'll dive to the ground and pull his ward in close to him to make any shot from the impending driveby less likely to hit her.

"My name is guardian Gaddez, and right now I am your best friend miss paige. Scribbles has put out a contract on you."

Meanwhile, Devora takes the few seconds that she's been afforded to dive for some bushes; she's certainly willing to fight on gaddez's behalf and knows that her actions reflect on the rest of the crew she'd been working with but getting ventilated in a drive by wasn't exactly high on her list of things to do.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 07:58:45 pm »

With Alicia suitably protected, and Devora hiding in the bushes, the carnage starts.

The van slows down in front of the house opening up in a spray of bullets, the front walls are less sturdy then one would hope. Debris flies everywhere. Not knowing where their target is exactly insures that none of the bullets actually strike Alicia Paige. Her room-mates were in the front part of the house when the bullets start flying and they don’t have the benefit of concrete walls next to the garage to protect them.

On the surface this looks like a typical gang drive-by. The county and city of Los Angeles have the dubious pleasure of being called a “gang capital” of the nation for a reason. Outside neighbors are ducking and hiding rather than phoning the police. What differs this drive-by from the normal gang violence however, is when the van stops and parks.

After the initial hail of bullets, 3 people split off from the van to cover the garage entrance. Their weapons are not the typical shotguns and hand guns used in gang violence, but something that looks disturbingly similar to a particle beam wrist blasters.  It looks like they plan to level the house if necessary.

When they spot Devora they call out a warning to the group by the van.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4