Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Voices in the Cold Dark [Closed RP]  (Read 8310 times)

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
Re: Voices in the Cold Dark [Closed RP]
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2014, 06:24:19 pm »

“You misunderstand Taross. I am not talking about the antiquated alignment measuring stick, I’m talking about the selfishness vs. selflessness alignment scale Rath always used. I’m most assuredly evil, or rather selfish on that scale. After all it took nothing for me to lie; I don’t even feel bad about it. It was never that easy to completely lie my pants off in the past. I even got a kick out of it.” Though he did unabashedly admit to lying, Ollie does not elaborate on what he lied about.

“As for giving this a chance, I didn’t have much choice. You used Braelyn against me, and he thought it was a grand idea.” Ollie shrugs at this, and it occurs to some present that even when this was a cage, the Azuredawn may not have even noticed/cared their collective existence most of the time. The religious war being an exception.

When Taross mentions Mallum - Ollie shakes his head.

“I always appreciate a ‘plan B’; for the moment though I’d rather not ruffle Mallum’s feathers.” Ollie figured if anyone deserved to know about Mallum it was Taross.

“He is the chaliceborn incarnation of death. You could even make an argument about him being the first chaliceborn as he’s supposedly existed for as long as Primarians have personified death. He’s everyone’s friend because he always ends their suffering. He’s been trying to end my suffering for centuries now, it’s been funny to watch, but now that I’m half-way sane the quickest way to get rid of him is to either eat everything, but I’m assuming you don’t want me to do that; or I could just do what Mallum wants.”

As they come up on the beach Ollie gives a big, honest, smile.

“Well that’s one thing off my ‘to-do’ list. Now all I have to do is learn how to be a bad-guy and take orders from the author. Are you sure I can’t just eat the place? It would be quicker and less hassle in the long run.” Ollie is only half-joking.

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2014, 10:51:07 am »

Taross gives Ollie another nod. "In that case... I won't pry what it is you were just talking about, I just want to ask to be a good judge on when it's better to not lie, even if it's through omission." She chortles a little "Other than that... I admit... I liked Rath. He was a really nice guy, but, well... Maybe a little more selfishness isn't a bad thing."

She lands the airship on the beach, silent for a few moments as she does this. A few more levers are used to make sure that the landing gear's properly out before the walkplank is lowered onto the sand. When she steps away from the helm and moves to the railing to look at the beach she mms.
"Maybe that might even be all the more reason for plan B. I feel I don't really have to fear for it here, and once I get back to the Outpost I can get a new one, but I wanted to hand you my CM... For the death-recall. On system-death it triggers a jaunt signal to pull you into the Outpost. Keep it on you, switched off perhaps so it might not be noticed until you need it and use it to get out in case Mallum decides that the final confrontation with the systems protagonists is also a good moment to try and do his own thing."

At the last question, she offers Ollie a wan smile.
"The times I wished for just being able to use the easy solution..." she answers "Sometimes I think I inherited more than just a little bit of pragmatism from when I was still doing what my Player wanted me to do. I'm half-tempted to agree going for the hassle-free solution here." She then moves to the gate in the railing to open it for Olithian "Still... let's all just play the parts meant for us for the time being. We can always adlib after the job's done."

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2014, 05:02:40 pm »

After Taross finishes speaking Ollie gives her a small hug.

“I knew I liked you for a reason”

Ollie takes the death recall CM and nods.

“Thanks for the plan B. While I’m pretty sure Mallum’s only motive is to ‘help’ I’m not exactly sure what that would entail. ”

With that Ollie puts a stone marker on the beach (making it easy for him to teleport back to in his spare time) and then goes off to see what being an antagonist actually requires.

Well this campaign went completely sideways. Ollie had to admit his author had a sick sense of humor, and while he was trapped for an eternity in a prison built for a god, he was something far more dangerous, and the prison would not hold him for long. So while all the players sieged Heaven on his behalf he ate a hole in the prison.

Olithian's about to make a clean getaway from the system when Mallum appears, smiling.

“You can’t stop me from leaving, my part in this disaster is done and over with.” Ollie sounded a little defensive, even to his own ears. Years of casting spells powerful enough to cripple him left him a huge regeneration job to handle, and fighting with Mallum, while fun, could end in another fall so soon after he just won his freedom from the system.

“I’m not here to stop you from leaving, I just wanted to say…well… that I’m proud of the job you did. Just one anchor ago you still ate worlds without a care, and now you spent the last thirty years on this world, and as far as I can tell you haven’t eaten a single soul.” Mallum moved over to Ollie’s side with spectral swiftness.

“It’s bad for my diet.” Ollie opened a portal to the cage, as much as he tried to think of it as a home it still hasn’t sunk in as one yet. .oO(I guess my home is with Braelyn, not the cage.) Speaking of Braelyn time to rush to his fair husband’s side, who knows what the chaotic man has been up to since he last saw his husband.

“Are you going to tell Braelyn or Taross about the mess you cleaned up? I mean Braelyn might want know the full extent of what he did…”

“No, I don’t want to worry him about it; I don’t want to see anything from this system ever again.” Mallum nods and lets Olithian go on his way.

With everything taken care of Olithian returns to the Azuredawn system and gets ready to drag it back to where Taross can at least go back to work on a regular basis.

Time for Olithian to find a certain husband…

OOC: That’s a wrap for the thread Thank you so much for running it with me Taross, and Thank you for the Guest appearance Faye!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 05:08:40 pm by Dathiel »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]