Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Voices in the Cold Dark [Closed RP]  (Read 8233 times)

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
Voices in the Cold Dark [Closed RP]
« on: October 07, 2013, 08:15:17 pm »

“The time after I am born is the quietest time…” The familiar words always start the dream that has been plaguing her for days now. Each day it gets progressively worse. She is back on the cliff, the wind carries the faintest smell of blood, the crimson and violet ocean crashes against the pristine bone-white sand.

“I devour things. When I devour worlds, remnants take form; when I devour time, I travel; when I devour paradox, I rest. I devour other incarnations of myself so I remain anchored rather than floating…” The beach is suddenly filled with creeps, branches, and other inhabitants of the Azuredawn, all of them her worshipers. Their voices are calm and almost soothing, like the murmur of a heartbeat.

“Bloody Hell!” This was new. The shout came from her side and suddenly she is not alone viewing the gathering on the beach. Two others stand beside her. Strangers. The owner of the last statement was a short 40 year old looking human, dark hair, receding hairline, broad forehead. His dark eyebrows are fixed in a scowl and burning black eyes survey the landscape. He is wearing a Black and purple suit and wears a ring with a familiar looking symbol on it. Not her own symbol, but that of the Azuredawn itself.

“And you just arrived too. The dream has been happening for days.” The human-looking owner of the second voice calmly watches the display, he is tall, almost seven feet, his short brown hair is neatly parted, a frown is also on his face, but when he looks at her it’s with piercing green eyes. He looks a bit younger than his counterpart, but also wears a similar ring and suit.

“Today is when it happens?” The dark gravelly voice of the first looks to her and then the other man standing on the cliff. As she looks down at herself she can see her aura, a sooty black and purple cloud reaching up for her, forming armor, Providence comes out of her aura to join her at the cliff.

“Today.” The taller man confirms. “This is her first time here.” The taller man nods towards the goddess.

“Blast it all then!” The short dark man starts pacing. “I’m late, I have to go back further. Watch over things for me would you love?” he tosses the goddess a wink before he disappears in a puff of smoke.

“That was Draven, ill-mannered as he is he is dedicated to his work. I am Conrad.” As the taller man, Conrad, speaks he gestures to the beach below. 

Her followers start to panic, the soothing murmurs transform into a panicked scream almost immediately. As one they move to the cliff and start to claw at it as their cacophony reaches a new and disturbing height this time. Unlike the other times though the dream does not end here.

Her followers throw themselves at the cliff, desperately scrambling over each other, sickening crunches start being heard from before as they rush up to their goddess. Higher and higher they scramble.

“You have a choice to make my dear, and I don’t envy it.” With that Conrad leaves, turning away from the cliff and walking to the nearest door.

Her followers scream for her, they beg her, they are afraid, and soon she can see why. Everything starts falling, the beach falls away, her followers fall with it, the cliff, everything but the door, Conrad, and the Goddess.

“The first fall is always the hardest.” He murmurs quietly before he too disappears through the door.

With a muffled yelp Taross finishes falling off her bed in a tangled mess. Providence, her warmaul, is in her hand and not in the weapon stand next to Alexander’s fist.

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
Re: Voices in the Cold Dark [Closed RP]
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 01:21:38 pm »

Taross picked herself off of the floor quickly, looking around more on autopilot than anything else before glancing at her alarmclock and starting to climb back into bed. It took about that long before she realized that she was actually holding onto Perdition; the sudden jar of waking up after a deep sleep like that tended to sometimes put her observational skills on a lower level.
"That's not good..." she muttered, walking back to the rack where the near twin of the maul rested. She hestitated before putting it back. Unlike the white adamantium maul, this darker sometimes more ominous-looking weapon was bound to her. And if she called it to her in her sleep, then something's definitely off.

Instead of re-seating it, she set the head on the floor and rested both her hands on the end of the haft, closing her eyes to try and recall what she had just been through. "Why can't I just foist these prophetic dreams off to someone else and just listen in on what they have to say..."
The cobwebs were somewhat hard to clear. The first parts she recalled by now; she's been having that particular dream for a while now. But there was something new this time. She felt a sense of urgency and panic in the last clinging memories. There was also something about a distinct looking suit and a ring. Suddenly the last few seconds before she woke up came back with clarity.

'You have a choice to make my dear...'

"So much for getting back to sleep."
It took her a bit of time to get freshened up and brushed out, but she soon had herself strapping on the flexible armored pads of her 'field outfit'. Alexander -well, Alexanders Fist- slotted nicely into the special brackets on one side of her lower body, and her pack balanced out the other side well enough. After that came a bit of a fancy-looking shirt and her 'iconical' overcoat, because where she was going appearances did matter some. At least she should look like she made the effort.

Perdition remained resting on the floor of her room before she disembarked. She still chose to sleep on her own airship after all this time. Mostly because she was a bit of a creature of habit, secondly because the room was just so much more comfortable than the sleeping quarters the Outpost has available; if not just for the fact that it was furnished with her in mind.

She poked her communicator on the way to the Cafetaria, planning to stuff her pocketspace not taken by cards, dice and other tools with food and drink as much as she could. After an automatic message finished playing and a beep sounded, she started speaking.
"Hey, Taross here. I'm going to have to do some stuff which... well... might keep me away from the Outpost for a while. I'd appreciate it if someone could un-anchor the airship and disconnect the powerlines and such... just prep it generally. And I apologize for any inconveniences in advance. I- When I get back, I'll satisfy all of Philors paperwork needs, alright?" She paused a bit, having almost ended that message with an 'If', but she grinned the thought away... If she didn't have any faith in herself, how could she expect it from the ones she was going to face in a bit.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 09:10:43 pm »

The prep work begins as the Black Chocobo gets ready to head off for parts unknown. By the time Taross messages her department and everyone else who needed to know about her sudden and unexpected trip, and grab all the cafeteria quality food she can the ship is ready to go.

That’s about when urgent prayers start making her little phone go crazy.

Scrolling through the messages she sees that many of them are just pleas for her appearance.

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 11:53:15 am »

With all neccesary preparations done, it was time to get going...
Taross tucked her phone away again, shaking her head a little with a smile; she was going to get herself over there already... or maybe a little bit influenced by so many wanting her to appear. That was a mystery she wasn't going to spend too much time on...

With fair ease -and thanks to most of the upgrades the airship had received over time to its control and flight capabilities- Taross piloted out of the Outpost hangar and low over a nearby clear area. This was going to be something she hadn't tried before yet; instead of just herself, she was going to try and get the entire Black Chocobo to cross over together with her. It would definitely be one for the books if it worked.
Since she knew she was going to be able to summon the item back when needed, she stood at her helm and focused on a spot in front of the bow. What she needed to do, or hoped was the correct way anyway, was just to imagine the 'barrier' she had to break as a bit bigger than normal.

Taking a deep breath, she started the movement forwards before taking up Perdition and giving the weapon a big heave, sending it barreling forwards with the intent to 'smash' through ahead of the bow and create a hole large enough to pilot through.
If all went well, both ship and pilot would appear in the Azuredawn. If not, well, at least she'd travel through the breach and appear where she needed to be and the airship would stop and idle in mid-air. Being close to the Outpost she would count on chance that someone in C&C will notice it being pilot-less and have it returned to the hangar.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 03:02:52 pm »

As the airship lurches forward and Taross concentrates on the Barrier needed to break, something happens that she didn’t expect. Instead of the barrier being small and brittle like glass; when she tries to open a bigger portal, it’s large, flexible, and semi-permeable; like plastic wrap.

When the ship contacts the barrier, the barrier starts folding around the vehicle, scraping against it causing minor hull damage, certainly scratching the paint job a little. Soon the nose of the ship actually pierces through to the other side and the sudden change in pressure violently shakes the airship, the sound spreads throughout the clearing, and Taross can be sure it smashed a couple of windows in the distance.

Once the hole stabilizes the airship continues through. Taross can see the surreal rending the portal does as bits of the reality she is in are torned and tattered around the edge of the portal, flapping like cloth in an invisible wind.

That’s when Taross notices the flock of flying creatures fly past her window. They look somewhat shocked the hole is there and cannot change their course in time to avert their death outside of their world.

It doesn’t take much time after that for the airship to pass through the portal completely, with only minor scrapes to show for it. The portal however, seems to be taking an awfully long time to close from such a big hole.

When Taross flies over the landscape; at this height she can actually see the temporal barriers that divide the world into different time streams, how they move, and suddenly how they are breaking down – shattering as if under some impossible weight. The landscape visibly shifts over time under the temporal barriers, but when the barrier breaks the land becomes stationary and still.

The ground is filled with creatures and branches fleeing to an azure crystallized mountain to the left of Taross. There doesn’t seem to be any visible buildings though. The ground below her is mostly empty, but tall, black sickly-looking trees seem to cluster around the mountain.

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 09:43:45 am »

Taross' thoughts, for a moment, were with the flock whose accidental demise she caused... just until she can see the full extent of the strange timestream buildup of the Azuredawn. It looked, to her, a little like watching the year-rings of a tree. Although one that seems to slowly seems to become one big ring in one set time.

She frowns a little when looking at the sites for her to land, though a sense for the dramatic notes in the back of her head that it's probably good she can't land as close to the mountain as she'd want. Maneuvering carefully, she sets her airship down just outside the treeline, with the side that has the boarding walkway facing it. She intends to leave the walkway extended and for a few seconds she surveys the 'route' that one would have to take to reach the ship from the mountain should they have to make a run for it.

As soon as Taross makes landfall herself, she can finally see -more than feel- the effects of her return to the Azuredawn; purple wisps of energy trailing off in a black sootlike deposit form and curl around her paws. With a moments thought she recalls Perdition, but then sets it down (head resting on the ground) in front of the walkplank like a sentry.

She takes a breath, recalling again parts of her dreams as well as earlier conversations she used to have with the Azuredawn itself.
"Well... I made my commitments and promises, and here I am... You obviously wanted me here." She looks around again, and then up towards the mountain where so much of the inhabitants of the system are headed to and starts moving as well.

"Here I am..." she announces as she goes.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 08:07:20 pm »

The field she has landed in seems to have translucent glass tall grass that jingle in the wind and crunch underfoot. What was first thought to be glass however, is in fact crystallized sugar, and isn’t sharp at all when it breaks.

The route to the mountain is relatively clear, but a little far from the road the other creatures were on. Still it won’t take more than 5 minutes to the road, and less time than that to make it to the tree line. Before she can start on her quest though she spies a plume of black smoke streak across the horizon.

Taross can tell the exact moment the smoke spots her because it changes direction and aims straight for her with alarming speed. Before getting too close though, the smoke touches down in the field and out of the smoke materializes one of the men from her dream.

“Found you Darling!” The shorter man in the suit – Draven – straightens out his suit and runs a hand through his hair and smiles politely. “Look we don’t exactly have a lot of time love. Conrad told me I was a bit of a git and I should’ve hung around but well … time’s a wastin’.”

“Just need a moment to make sure you know what you are getting into, because I find people around here tend to expect you to know everything already. If you’re good, then I’ll just get out of your hair and out of this blasted place.” Draven's gravelly voice rambles on a moment before he stops and looks around at his surroundings. “If you are heading someplace we can talk on the way.”
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 08:26:51 pm by Rath »

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 11:18:57 pm »

Taross mmms a little, studying Draven a moment or two before she ahhs... "You... you are Draven, right?" she asks. Bits and pieces of the last end of her dream start to return to her now... "You know if you need people to remember stuff, you really shouldn't do it in a dream and startle them awake. Things tend not to stick that way." she notes first before she looks at the mountain.

"To be completely honest... I have no real idea of the depths I am getting into right now but I have an idea of what's going on. The weave's going to get eaten up in preparation for a new anchor. Either to rest or to make room for a new weave... I think." she smiles before turning serious. "I am here, though, because I have an obligation I swore to to try and take care for all the ones here who believe in me as best as I can until the end and I'll try to do whatever I can think of doing."
She starts to move towards the mountain again, gesturing to Draven "You said I should watch over things for you? Well... why not tell me what's really going on if I'm wrong while we move on and tell me whether or not I can either try and excersize a small exodus for my followers, my Paladin and as many branches as want to join... or make sure at least I can give as many as who feel they deserve it a shot at the proper afterlife instead of being eaten."

She mms and pauses a step before she moves along again "Just don't tell me the odds..."

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 05:50:44 pm »

He nods when Taross calls him Draven.

“That wasn’t a dream love, it’s an omen. Dreams only happen when you are asleep, the omen will pull you in even if you are awake. It’s jarring either way, but just be warned the omens actually happen, and the usually happen at the hour and minute of an anchor’s death if not the exact day. You get five omens before the anchor dies, the get clearer and more specific the closer the anchor is to being severed. The omen happens in some time stream of this place. If it doesn’t happen it’s a paradox that’s been eaten.” And just like that Draven starts in with the explanations as they head towards the mountain.

“It seems like you already have the basics down. Rath dies today, don’t know how or why. I don’t imagine that husband of his will be too pleased. The Azuredawn doesn’t usually eat time zones or weaves before the fall though. Usually it could care less, and that makes falling rather interesting. Because you could be falling in one time stream and not falling in another. Usually the people here just run to a safe time zone and ignore most of the horrible falling business.” At this Draven checks his watch and fiddles with a dial. “It seems though that the time stream being forced on this place is the one that belongs to the anchor.”

“The Azuredawn doesn’t eat anything while it falls darling. That’s why it’s so hungry when it finds a new anchor. Usually the Azuredawn just eats places people and things from its skin, the weave, whatever you want to call it, when it has nothing else to eat. Giving people a shot at a proper afterlife is all well and good, if a little sappy, but you have to realize these folks – it’s all doom and gloom for them. They were eaten, they have to live here, and being eaten again is probably their number one fear…” he trails off trying to go through a mental checklist.

“So here’s what you are getting into love…”Draven’s gravelly voice halts for a moment trying to be precise as he can. “If you stay, you are looking at hundreds of years of falling. When the Azuredawn falls, gravity still exists, you’ll all experience a lurch, but nothing much worse than structural damage to buildings, earthquakes and all that. Time slows down for everyone in here, but for the beastie itself doesn’t have a concept of time, time just doesn’t exist. Because it doesn’t exist it goes insane thinking a lot more time passes than the time that actually passes. It doesn’t have a concept of time unless it has an anchor. I explain this to you because a diluted effect happens to all the times streams up here. A hundred years here feels like thousands. It feels like days don’t end for months. Inevitably everyone here starts tearing at each other. You’re looking at a war, maybe a few wars. People will fight just to fill up their time with something. If they don’t fight, get worried. That’s when you get branches like Caster who go insane and then start peeling away the skin. When that happens the beastie gets mad and makes everyone pay for it.”

“The thing you have to worry about the most is the lurch I think. Your Golden Hall is perched right above the maw. You’ll get omens for when the new anchor is found too, use it to your advantage and make sure the Hall doesn’t fall.” He chuckles at his own rhyme. “Usually I’d also add something in here about how you’re also choosing to leave your reality behind permanently – because the Azuredawn doesn’t really go back to places it’s been before, but this time he’s married. I talked with the bloke and he is determined to return so I don’t think you have to worry about never seeing your friends again. However. The way I understand it, his husband is a bloomin’ fairy, which means there is a high chance the Azuredawn will eat it’s own anchor if the anchor is a woman or won’t play ball if you know what I mean. You may see several falls before you get to return home. Making room for a new weave happens after the fall. Most locals will know when it happens so you’ll have a lot of panicked people moving away from falling landmasses. Should be fun. As for putting your followers on the ship, whatever floats your boat I guess?” This time he chuckles at his own joke.

“Finally when I said to watch things for me, I had no idea which time stream you came from and I was a little too busy to figure it out. I didn’t mean for you to actually think I wanted you to stay on this bloody roller coaster ride in my place. I’m perfectly capable of staying on my own but I have work to do. Chief of which is playing the part of Beacon so the Azuredawn can eventually make its way back to this reality. I’ll have to come up with some clever way to explain Rath’s death, make sure that blasted hotel doesn’t get run into the ground, and watch after the husband in my spare time. Thank the Shiny Blue that Conrad is there to help with the giant mess. ” he stops a moment right at the tree line having talked non-stop the entire way.

“So any other questions before I jump ship?”

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 01:31:57 pm »

Taross rubbed her chin a little after Draven stops talking and then grins "Well... Didn't know about the difference between omens and such yet, learn a new thing every day." she chortles "Kinda new at this... But I /AM/ a bit of an old hand at the whole multiple dimension thing by now and I'm pretty sure not all is lost even IF the Azuredawn doesn't decide to go back to my own place immediately."
She offers Draven a grin "I have a boss at my place who'd much rather have me back to do her work rather than do it herself, and I suspect plenty of enemies who will see this as 'getting out easy' and they'll find a way. If not sooner than later."

She pauses a moment when Draven takes his break as well "As for staying on this roller-coaster... The 'beastie' and I have had a very serious conversation at one point. Some things were said, some things were promised... And I take some promises very seriously. Amongst which the promise that I'd be ~here~ when those who choose to follow me REALLY need me."
She gestures with a hand to the surrounding areas "I may not know what will happen here, or how it'll happen here... And as far as these things go I'm pretty much an outsider in both a literal and figurative way I guess. But perhaps the best I can do is just do the best I can and offer a place of refuge. After all you said it. My Golden Halls are above the maw, and in it, I decide whether or not the floor under your feet is still there if someone would decide to take their wars and fighting inside."

She offers a shrug "I'm just talking much I suppose, and normally it'd be a good stalling tactic, but it's time I don't really have, is it?"
The taur looks back at where she left the ship and its 'guardian' "I'd like to know a little more about these omens when a new anchor's found." she starts after a few seconds. "I mean... technically I can come and go as I need or please. And for the time being I'm going to trust you due to being clear and straightforwards with me sofar and figure that you, and everyone else here with clout, really just want the new anchor in as fast as possible to have things returning to mostly normal again."

She nods at the man and continues "I would really appreciate it if you could help me with some assistance and advice where my own Paladin might not. I know I'm going to need it and the last thing I'm going to do is pretend I know it all, but I can see where you have your hands full... then again, I know some things about running big businesses so feel free to consult if you need it."

"Anyway, if you need to go, then go... I'll just see what's going to happen once I reach the spot everyone seems to be running towards. And then do the thing I do best... Be stubborn and annoy people." She laughs and offers a wink. She doesn't envy Draven his tasks though, and she reaches forwards to pat the man on the shoulder and does a little thing she knows she could do already. "Good luck." And in her case, she means it. Just a little bit to help him start his task a little easier. He'll still have to do the actual legwork himself.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 02:54:33 am »

“When a new anchor is found, the omens are similar, though instead of watching the beastie fall… well it’s different every time. The only reason you can tell it apart from you normal day to day is that it’ll happen five times, the exact same time every day for five days. Don’t worry, if worse comes to worse I’m sure the Locals will start panicking.” Draven brushes the concerns of local inhabitants off with a callous shrug. He also says nothing about Taross’s compassion for them either.

“I’m an outsider as well darling, and you just got the ‘outsider’s guide to falling’. I don’t have any real clout here, just a fair understanding of my place in the universe.” Draven smiles at this.

“Whether the new anchor is found quickly or not, it doesn’t matter one lick to me, because I’ll have a 21 year old whisky waiting for everyone when you guys return. If you need my help or advice give me a ring.” At this he hands her a business card that says ‘Draven Williams, Attorney’ in a clean easy to read font-type, a New Orleans phone number is printed below the name. “Keep in mind I can’t actually come here while the sky is falling. Conrad’s number is on the back.” When Taross turns the card over there is a handwritten phone number with the name ‘Conrad’ above it. “You can probably call us up at any time while you are in here or in the same reality as us.”

When Taross wishes him luck and touches his shoulder he can’t help but laugh and wink back “Good luck with the Locals.”

After the briefest moments Draven readies himself then transforms into a giant raven made of black smoke, he launches himself into the air and climbs higher and higher until a portal of his own opens and he flies outside of the Azuredawn entirely.

Taross is still by the tree line, the road is easily visible from where she is, but the creeps, branches, and other critters don’t seem to have noticed her yet. The trees are twisted and metallic; with long spider-we- like branches that reach up to the sky twisting branches into the next closest tree. The bushes are likewise thick and vaguely resemble veins, in that they pulse and seem to run along straight efficient lines. Also they throb slightly.

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 10:35:11 am »

Taross offers a last wave to Draven when the older man heads off, waiting until the portal has closed before she looks down at the card again and tucks it away.
"Well..." she said to herself to break the silence, "If anyone ever told me before that the sky would be falling, I'd have laughed..."

With that, she turned and started walking along again, going towards the road proper might just be the best option right now. She sticks a hand in her pocket as she goes, chuckling when she thumbs something put inthere a long time ago; a single gil coin. She feels along its contours a little and smiles a second at the memories.
That's something to keep her sane with she supposes... and as she goes, she starts to go over her options...

This obviously wasn't a new thing to most of the Branches that walk around here, so that means that the fights that were going to be picked were going to be a lot of old wounds getting re-opened. If she remembered correctly, she only had a bit of a tentative agreement of non-hostility with one of the Branches in particular, some whom seemed to be ok with her, but the rest was indifferent at best. Whatever the status, though, she would be the wildcard in being the 'new kid on the block' this time around.
Maybe she could construct things to be able to remain neutral in this... She figured everyone needed neutral territory during conflicts at least once, and being able to go somewhere where any enemy you had wouldn't be allowed to pick a fight would probably be good.

While she was musing to herself, she probably didn't notice that she had already reached the actual path. She stands still before actually stepping into it, looking around once more at the trees and the branches... shuddering a little involuntarily at the eerily organic, visceral similarities of the latter. She takes out the coin once more to look at it before jamming it into her pocket agan and stepping out.
Without saying anything or actively drawing any more attention to herself than which will probably be generated within moments, she moves along to go see where the little flood of people is going.

((My apologies for some delaying. Sunday was being a sunday and work got off with a hectic start right away.))

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 07:18:35 pm »

Taross shares the glass stone road with creeps and other bigger translucent things she hasn’t seen before. If any of them recognize her they say nothing. After a quick check, and Taross can tell that none of them are her followers.

Perhaps summoned by her thoughts of him, Architect is running full speed down the path in the opposite direction. When he sees Taross he comes to a screeching halt and redirects towards her.

“I must say I didn’t expect you here.” Apparently after their team up during Machi’s rescue; some of the red fox’s hostility seems to have gone away, at least for a little while. “Engineer isn’t here if you are looking for her, Over that way is Muse’s home and she is bracing for the fall.” Architect motions behind himself along the path that the other creeps keep wordlessly moving towards.

((OOC: Don’t worry, it’s understandable if posting has to be set aside for real life stuff, just send me a message to let me know if it’s going to be longer than a couple of days))

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2013, 04:25:16 pm »

Taross gave Architect a smile, at least it was a better greeting than the first time they met, and then chortled "You're probably not going to be the first last one who'll be saying this." she answered him and then mmmhed, nodding "Long story short, I made a commitment and I'm planning to stick by it... it's also the least I can do after all the trouble I've been in some way responsible for around here, too." She notes to him.
She nods to the remark about Ginny "I have confidence that should she use my help or presence, I'll find out about it easily enough. I was getting a whole lot of pleas from other sources to be here..." she doesn't explain much more than that "You probably get where or what... anyway..."

Taross pauses at that moment and looks around, then up along the path. "To tell you the truth though, I may be coming across as pretty candid here, but I have only the briefest of explanations and idea of what's going to be happening. If there's something you can think of I can help with to, say, 'brace for impact', then let me know." she tells the fox in a somewhat more serious tone of voice "I know our affinities can clash, but they can also enhance each other pretty effectively."

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2013, 07:35:30 pm »

At the news the Goddess intended to stay doesn’t seem catch Architect off guard. He even nods when she mentions answering pleas for help and taking responsibility.

“I can help with the brief explanation part; right now the Azuredawn is condensing the timelines inside of itself. Apparently, WE are going to be playing anchor to a planet-sized-facility that just fell out of reality. Naturally our anchor is on said facility with his…” at this Architect actually looks like he is choking back some vomit. “…husband. So the monster is anchoring the facility. It looks calm now, but we are going to be under a lot of pressure very quickly. Parts of the weave are going to fall, or get crushed. That little incident where you and Tiernan broke the flesh into three pieces in that one timeline? That was a picnic compared to the forecast this fall. The reverberations from suddenly manifesting in jauntspace alone is going to be spectacular. It’s all hands on deck time, if you are offering help I’m taking it.” Architect does not sound pleased at this.

“Quite frankly we’ve all been through falls before; going through a dimensional meat-grinder first? That is new.” Architect’s nervousness finally creeps into his voice. “That your airship?” he points back the way Taross came.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7