Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Fork in the road. (Closed, Finished)  (Read 1858 times)

Achelea

  • Junior Grade Poster
  • **
  • Posts: 199
Fork in the road. (Closed, Finished)
« on: August 28, 2013, 05:47:16 am »

Achelea stares at his screen, lost in thought, then looks down at the keyboard, then at his talons, running the events of the past few missions in his head... He shakes his head and leans over, and opens a drawer, pulling out a stack of CDs. After going through them he hmms and selects one, and pulls it free. A quick tap of the CD tray button opens the drive, and Achelea drops the disc in, and closes it. After a few moments of the computer groaning trying to read it, a window pops up, and Achelea clicks the OK button and watches as the progress bar, his arms crossed across his chest. His tail thumps against the desk a few times before he stands up and sweeps the remains of his dinner into the trash, and closes the bag up, tossing it beside the door, on top of the pile of boxes beside the door. All taped up, his name in block letters marked on the fronts. He shakes his head and pulls the duffle bag to his shoulder and starts for the door, pausing a moment to reach into his pocket, withdrawing his Guardian Comm. He wipes a claw across the face of the device before setting it down on the table, and steps out, turning around a moment to slide the key into the lock, giving it a final twist and withdraws it... The dragon glances at the key in his hand before closing his fist around it, the dragon making way to the Jaunt rooms.

On the door is an envelope taped in place in Ache's rough handwriting. "Personal effects to be stored" his signature beneath it. The dragon has been thinking a lot recently, his last few missions have left him feeling out of place. He sighs as he turns the corner to the jaunt room, mulling over the events of last week. He finished his final experiment before handing in his resignation, packed up most of his gear, secured a temporary residence on Gamer's End, and his final act here, reset the guardian computer in his room back to factory. Currently, he was attempting to step out without having a lot of long good byes. He knew he was far too easily swayed, and he needed to leave.  He had learned a lot in his time in R&D,  a lot more than he thought he would ever know, but he felt like there was something missing. The drake sighs and stretches out as he steps into the jaunt room, taking a look around, wondering about the next time he'll see this.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 01:38:23 pm by Achelea »
Logged
"I may not agree with what you say, but I sure as Heck will fight to the death for your right to say it."


http://tgg.stormdragon.org/index.php?topic=133.0

Fluri-Mouse

  • Forum Recruit
  • *
  • Posts: 57
Re: Fork in the road. (Semi open)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 06:25:01 am »

Fluri was waiting in the Jaunt Room for the drake to show up. The little mouse perched on the control console and the Jaunt Room Operator dismissed so she was the only one there to greet him. She'd approved his last R&D projects completion and had seen the resignation paperwork.. Not much could get by the little wonder rodent in the realm of the Guardian Labs.
She looked up and grinned to Achelea as he entered the Jaunt Room.

"So you thought you could slip out without saying anything to me?"

She tsked softly and wagged a finger at him..

"That's not fair.. How could I give you your going away present?"
Logged

Achelea

  • Junior Grade Poster
  • **
  • Posts: 199
Re: Fork in the road. (Semi open)
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 03:36:32 am »

The gold dragon raises a brow, and shakes his head. Rarely did anything get past his former boss. He should have expected her to know when he was leaving. He steps over to the console and smiles, offering a wave to the boss mouse. "Didn't want to make my goodbyes too long." he answers, and ducks his head sheepishly, before grinning and tilts his head. "Present? I don't know i deserve one."
Logged
"I may not agree with what you say, but I sure as Heck will fight to the death for your right to say it."


http://tgg.stormdragon.org/index.php?topic=133.0

Fluri-Mouse

  • Forum Recruit
  • *
  • Posts: 57
Re: Fork in the road. (Semi open)
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 08:28:00 am »

The little mouse grins and stands up from the sitting position on top of some protrusion of the panel then motions to a nearby wrapped box about the size of a persons fist.. "Open it when you settle in at your new place..* She shifts from tiny foot to tiny foot.. "Look.. Achelea.. I really appreciate all the hard work you've put in at R&D over the years and I think we're loosing a valuable team member... A valuable friend too. I understand that you're restless though.. You've got things you need to do and being tied to something like the Guardians can only grow you so much as a person. I'll miss you."
Logged

Achelea

  • Junior Grade Poster
  • **
  • Posts: 199
Re: Fork in the road. (Semi open)
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 01:52:22 am »

Achelea kneels and nods, reaching to take the box, then looks to Fluri, nodding.

"I know. But I just don't know these days. I feel like I'm living some one else's life. I, I can't really explain why, I just need to spread my wings so to speak. I appreciate the kind words. Never ceases to amaze me such strong words from one so small." He rests his chin on the control panel in front of her, looking at her eye, his hand putting the package into his jacket.

"I'll miss you, and the others. Maybe when I find what I'm looking for. I'll be back." he tilts his head, looking at his diminutive former boss.
Logged
"I may not agree with what you say, but I sure as Heck will fight to the death for your right to say it."


http://tgg.stormdragon.org/index.php?topic=133.0

Fluri-Mouse

  • Forum Recruit
  • *
  • Posts: 57
Re: Fork in the road. (Semi open)
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 04:44:40 am »

The little mouse smiles softly to the big drake and moves closer to put a hand on the tip of his nose.
"We'll be here when you return I hope and I think you'll find what you're looking for out there somewhere. You'll always have a friend in me though. Just in case."

She kisses the tip of his nose and then scampers over to the controls.. "So! Where do you want me to put ya? I've seen them operate this thing hundreds of times.. I bet I'm pretty good!"

She giggles jokingly, ears folded back in a sly expression.
Logged

Achelea

  • Junior Grade Poster
  • **
  • Posts: 199
Re: Fork in the road. (Semi open)
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 06:57:55 pm »

Achelea nods and smiles, accepting the mouse's kiss, then stands up, pulling his pack to his shoulder, and rolling his neck as he starts for the jaunt pad.

He gives her a smile and chuckles. "Well, I'd like to land on Gamer's End, ideally. Unless you have a better place to send me." he laughs, and offers her a salute while she activates the jaunt pad.
Logged
"I may not agree with what you say, but I sure as Heck will fight to the death for your right to say it."


http://tgg.stormdragon.org/index.php?topic=133.0

Fluri-Mouse

  • Forum Recruit
  • *
  • Posts: 57
Re: Fork in the road. (Semi open)
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 04:49:32 am »

The mouse takes a deep breath and smiles as she deftly goes about manipulating the controls.. She is actually a very good Jaunt Pad operator thanks to her work in RnD.. She pauses on the Send button..

"Gamers end it is.. I'll miss you Achelea."

She remains poised for the jaunt command when he is ready.
Logged

Achelea

  • Junior Grade Poster
  • **
  • Posts: 199
Re: Fork in the road. (Semi open)
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 11:46:05 pm »

And with that, The gold drake disappears behind a flash of the infinity symbol. After the glare fades, Fluri is left alone in the Jaunt room.
Logged
"I may not agree with what you say, but I sure as Heck will fight to the death for your right to say it."


http://tgg.stormdragon.org/index.php?topic=133.0

Fluri-Mouse

  • Forum Recruit
  • *
  • Posts: 57
Re: Fork in the road. (Semi open)
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 05:21:11 am »

Fluri sniffles and wipes her eyes.. She then locks down the Jaunt Pad and hops down off the controls to exit the room.
Logged