Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: With Sleep Oppress'd (Closed) (COMPLETE)  (Read 5584 times)

Kyle

• Forum Recruit
Re: With Sleep Oppress'd (Closed)
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2013, 02:12:20 pm »

Zoey is pleased when Tybalt stops feeding with little more intervention than the touch at his shoulder. She hadn't looked forward to the possibility of waking up half-dead from blood loss.

Her first reaction to the thing that has been masquerading as Dirus might be anger if she could wrap her head completely around the concept just at present that this glowing orb is actually at fault for the terror or of the past months. Instead there is simply relief at knowing it is come to an end at last.

"Wonambi.. These nightmares were battlegrounds for your realm?" .oO(Was there actually some point to these beyond driving those of us having them mad?)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:20:41 pm by Kyle »
Just because you're blonde and from California doesn't mean you have big breasts and live at the beach ~Mia

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2013, 03:46:15 pm »

A deep frown creases Tybalt's brow as the notDirus makes with the explanations. Somehow, knowing that it wasn't the demon initiating things, but this 'Wonambi', made it all the more worse in his mind. That someone had exposed him, his loved ones, and his friends to such horrors only because they needed help and had no other means of communication struck him as understandable but also incredibly selfish. He couldn't help but bare his fangs at that.

Moments later, Tybalt's thoughts take a slightly different course. oO(At least now none of us has to worry about this actually happening anymore. And I can tell Zach I was fucking right. No more talk of fate or of Outpost actually being attacked like that. Nice to finally fucking know that, though it'd have been better to avoid all this shit altogether. Ugh.) Of course, it dawns on the Brujah that his thoughts were selfish in their own way. He was no altruist though and so had no reason to feel inclined towards feeling differently.

With one hand, he wipes at his face to clear away the worst of the blood. Fingers are briefly sucked so as not to waste while he listens to Zoey's question. He nods his head. More information was always nice, even if he didn't particularly care to help out more than he'd already been forced to. Though he was inclined to stay silent, he abruptly adds in a growl, "...you say you can't contact us any other way, but could we contact you if we cared to?" He didn't personally care to, but the Guardians might.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 06:23:59 pm by Faye »

Sage R.

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2013, 04:26:57 pm »

The glow somehow seems to convey a frown, or at least the impression of a frown, at Zoey's question. "Absolutely not; little Lady, Knappe, I sought nothing but to communicate. In not even my own dreams would I have considered tormenting you in this way. That was entirely the demon's doing, and he was stronger than me."

Wonambi flickers for a moment, then coalesces into a new solid shape, that of a lounging feline, though as it is composed entirely of the shifting light, it doesn't really matter what kind of feline. Just that it's larger than a housecat and smaller than the room they're in. "I am not a cruel god. I am a desperate one. The demon has usurped my throne and has caused similar havoc throughout what was once my domain. Thus I endeavored to contact those I understood to be closest to him, most familiar. I could not tap into the mind I found first, as it seemed to cause it physical agony to do so, and followed secondary links. So I found you."

"I do not have the strength to devote to further contacts on my own. If you can conceive of a different way, I would be all too pleased to hear it. After you wake from this, I will be unable to do it again."
The Human
The Dragon

I'm chiefly an IRCer, but I dabble in the forums on occasion.

Kyle

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2013, 06:46:11 pm »

Zoey's expression is one of resignation upon hearing the explanation of how this contact came about. .oO(I knew it was too much to hope he'd misjudged and not escaped the dying system.)

"We will tell the others... the Guardians. If a way to make contact again can be found, I am sure they will find it." .oO(No more nightmares.)
Just because you're blonde and from California doesn't mean you have big breasts and live at the beach ~Mia

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2013, 04:00:09 am »

Although he was ready to wake up at last, Tybalt discovers that he has one final question. With a grunt of annoyance, this time directed at himself, he asks, "Some of dreams they leave things behind. Real, tangible things that should not have come with us to reality." His eyes narrow and in them is an accusing look, "Was that you or demon?"

Sage R.

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2013, 07:50:41 am »

The cat made of light seems once again somehow pained, despite being little more than a shaped solar flare, at Tybalt's question. It stands and begins to pace back and forth. "I created the ... possibility, not the specifics, if such is comprehensible to you. He twisted what should have been a neutral meeting into... this, and ensured that even my desire to leave something concrete behind would not be a simple reminder."

It thumps one paw against a wall like a fist, growling. "I am not a cruel god! It does not entertain me! But if I could I would gladly throw him to Berilia and delight in the stomping!" After a moment to collect itself, the light-cat looks toward them again. "... but there is no longer time for fantasy or dreams. You must wake now... Know that if you successfully restore me, I will reward you as completely as I am able."

The very air around them seems to blur now too, and the light-cat watches them in silence as the world fades away and slowly dies, letting them snap awake in their respective sleeping-places with nothing but blood on their hands (and in Tybalt's case, face) to show for it.
The Human
The Dragon

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2013, 03:41:43 pm »

Awake. Legitimately awake. Never, in all his time since the Embrace, had it felt so good to rise for the night. He could have almost smiled were it not for what he had just awakened from. Instead, the Brujah grunts and curls his lip in a degree of disdain that none but he would see just then. He was alone in his apartment in Gamers End which surprised him; given that he and Zoey had apparently shared that dream, he wouldn't have been surprised to wake up with her and Dirus at the Outpost.

Tybalt doesn't immediately rise as to do so ran contrary to his evening routine. Rather, he directs his senses inward in order to search out any injuries that might need repairing before he began his night. Typically, this meant attending to the stomach wound that reopened every night. This almost always brought the potency of his blood to dangerously low levels but it had to be done else he would make an atrocious mess wherever he stumbled. In addition to that, there was the possibility that he had brought back with him a broken nose. This, too, would need repairing.

Once his healing was taken care of, Tybalt will find himself in his kitchen guzzling the contents of a warmed up blood bag. His cellphone was nearby, an indicator on its screen sharply reminding him that there were people he needed to contact, and soon. His first instinct upon reaching for it was to call up Zoey and ensure that she was all right, though an understanding that she might need solace from Dirus just then stayed his hand. Instead, he sends her a quick text message advising that he would be stopping by the Outpost later. That should give them time.

The person he does call, however, is Zach. It might do the Garou some good to know that fate had nothing to do with the dreams that had gone on. No one had to die such horrific deaths...at least, not anytime soon and certainly not because it was mandated.

Kyle

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2013, 06:22:37 pm »

Zoey could all things considered be waking up with far worse than blood on her hands and the promise of reward from a god. Though that is a little bit scary in its own right. Still she'll burst into tears when she sees her hands, it won't even occur to her to check for anything else having come back with her the blood is plenty, even if some of it is her own.

The sense of relief that the nightmares are over will return in its own time, for now she desperately needs a shower. Tybalt is not forgotten, she'll text back when she gets his message both to let him know she'd seen it, and to tell him that she and Dirus will be waiting for him. She does indeed need the comfort her husband gives her, but knowing Tybalt will be here soon as well? That brings a soft smile to her lips.

.oO(For all the horror of it, at least one bright spot came out of this.) Because now she knows how Tybalt actually feels.

Sage R.

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2013, 07:07:04 pm »

((And that, as they say, is that. If you guys want to continue with talking to Zach about it or use this thread to discuss matters with other Guardians, you're more than welcome, but dat's the whole show from me. Thanks for playing.))
The Human
The Dragon

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]