Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: With Sleep Oppress'd (Closed) (COMPLETE)  (Read 5532 times)

Kyle

• Forum Recruit
Re: With Sleep Oppress'd (Closed)
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 06:07:06 pm »

Zoey has moved while the two verbal combatants argue, crouching by the puddle on the floor, seeking the device it had been wearing. Words never work to end these nightmares, not alone and if she's going to find a way to stop the monster hiding behind a face she wants to nurture and love she can't just keep standing still.

The tears spill over before the second voice speaks again, making her task more difficult, half-blind as she cries silent tears. The idea vague at best as to what she'll do with the bluetooth like thing. .oO(Perhaps I should try to remove the one the shadow still wears..)

"No, you will never be my son. Not like this. This world is not one I can live in. I do not need to rule, I am already the world. And you would destroy the people that I care about to achieve this nightmare realm. I had to watch him die, there is no rebuilding Dirus." Don't let the soft tone fool you, she is livid. Zoey does know what must be done, she just doesn't know if she can do it. How do you destroy something that is masquerading as your child?
Just because you're blonde and from California doesn't mean you have big breasts and live at the beach ~Mia

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 06:25:55 pm »

That Tybalt had abandoned his interest in the bluetooths was no surprise; the revelation that this was a D'Twenty operation, led by the supposed offspring of those he was closest to, had derailed him from caring. However, that Zoey had moved to retrieve the one that had been attached to the puddle wasn't lost on him, and neither is the fact that drawing attention to her movements would be bad. So he keeps up the argument.

"I long for many things in private moments, demon. You don't even know the half of it." Tybalt's voice continues to thicken with an anger enhanced greatly by his thick, German accent, "Thing is, I'm not the kind of monster that dwells, or worries, or cries over that kind of shit! I'm not some fucking lonely child needing coddling or your fucking handouts. I reject your offer of this bullshit freedom!" Following that is a string of expletives entirely in German.

He heaves as hard as he can in the hopes that he breaks free of the Dirus that yet held him. Perhaps rage may serve him where strength failed earlier, "I don't want or need to be in charge! I'm Brujah, demon, and I've never needed or wanted that!" Tybalt may not have an inkling of what Zoey is planning, or that there was a need to eliminate 'Alaric', but he does at least have anger enough in his system to attempt something of his own.

A swing of his shackled wrists onto the bluetooth device worn by the Shadowkin he'd hopefully broken away from sounds about right. For starters.

Sage R.

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2013, 06:37:10 pm »

Alaric scoffs at Zoey now, no trace of Mr. Redtext in his voice for the moment. "I did all of this for you! Dirus needed to be destroyed, he was broken, and--"

Whatever the next bit of his diatribe was going to be, they'll never know, because it cuts off in a sharp curse as Tybalt jerks out of the false Dirus' grip and smashes the hell out of the thing on its' head. And also smashes the hell out of its head. The guardirus collapses with a misshapen lump on its shoulders that is very, very slowly rebuilding itself, but it's going to be a while.

The younger shadow's face has gone hard, a simple frown that spoke volumes of the psychosis in that brain of his, as he stares down at the Dirus he didn't knock down. "... So this is how it has to be, then. All right, uncle Tybalt." He closes his eyes, inhaling and exhaling slowly for a moment in an almost meditative fashion. Then, both hands meld into scythe blades and he lunges at the bound Brujah with a feral roar of both voices in unison. "NO ONE KILLS DIRUS BUT ME!!"
The Human
The Dragon

I'm chiefly an IRCer, but I dabble in the forums on occasion.

Kyle

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2013, 07:19:12 am »

Zoey doesn't have much time to take in what Tybalt had done before Alaric goes after him. If it worked once it may well work again, regardless Zoey is out of her crouch as hands become bladed weapons and she's aiming to smash the only device still attached to someone capable of moving.

For better or worse she's aiming not just for the enraged shadow's head, but through it. Whatever strength she can muster bound as she is, will be put into that blow and pray she doesn't miss.
Just because you're blonde and from California doesn't mean you have big breasts and live at the beach ~Mia

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2013, 02:56:40 pm »

A wide, feral grin spreads across Tybalt's face as he moves to meet the lunging Shadowkin. "Too fucking bad!!" He all but shouts, his bloodlust fully evident and his weakness seemingly forgotten. Shackles? What shackles. Were they still affecting him? Tybalt didn't notice and just then he really didn't care.

Oh, but what was this? Zoey moving in for the attack as well?

He may not be Garou, but Tybalt knew enough about hunting with another to know when to defer the lead. His aim just then is to knock the scythe blades aside with the shackles themselves so they couldn't interfere with what Zoey was attempting. Should one escape him, he only hoped he was fast enough to stop them from making a vamp-kebab out of him.

Sage R.

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2013, 03:43:37 pm »

Neither of them have ever had to deal with a shadowkin as their enemy before. Least of all had they ever had to contend with an unrestrained shadowkin as their enemy. Realistically, Tybalt should be in two pieces on the floor and very, very dead before he has the presence of mind to make his parry; it's likely that Alaric being utterly mad and not entirely himself is what saves his life more than anything else.

While the blades do connect, Tybalt will find much to his relief that they connect with his shackles, not his flesh, and stick there. The downside of this is that Alaric is now extremely close to him. The upside of this is that Tybalt gets the absolute best view of the hilarious change of expressions as Alaric recognizes movement to his side, and turns his head just in time to go bug-eyed when Zoey smashes right into his incredibly surprised face.

With Alaric's hand-blades still firmly embedded in Tybalt's shackles, the three of them tumble to the floor together, and only Zoey is immediately aware of the sound of cracking plastic and a soft electrical 'fzzt' as the device--as well as a good portion of Alaric's temple, eye socket and ear--is crushed in.
The Human
The Dragon

Kyle

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2013, 06:59:21 pm »

Zoey yelps when they all go down in a pile, she has seen a bit of what Dirus is capable of in the training rooms it's the reason she was praying because at best she knew she only had one chance.

The cracking of plastic and the short circuiting electronics sound draws her attention instantly, and if she weren't in tears already the mess that was/is? Alaric's head would have done it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 06:02:47 am by Kyle »

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2013, 07:36:37 pm »

That he successfully managed to avoid being skewered was a source of relief. Though, as his mind briefly flits to that elated feeling, it doesn't really seem to dawn on him as to why that even mattered when there was such an interesting sight to behold. The enemy that had sought retribution was laying beneath him, hurt and quite possibly vulnerable.

His face, still bearing its feral expression, briefly studies the ruined side of Alaric's head. With hands he hadn't realized were now freed from their bindings (when had they broken? during the fall?), Tybalt lashes out at Alaric's wrists in order to pin them to the ground. He keeps them close to the Shadowkin's head, that broken, bloodied, mouth-watering head. A snarl followed by with that classic vampiric hiss escapes his lips.

Without consciously realizing it was happening, and with utter disregard for what this might do to poor Zoey, Tybalt lowers both his fangs and his face. He bears down on the Shadowkin slowly, every bit the predator, and licks his lips. His mouth opens wide and if it wasn't clear before, his intentions were certainly clear now. Someone was hungry and on the verge of taking a nice, meaty bite.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 04:06:27 am by Faye »

Sage R.

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2013, 07:45:04 pm »

A Brujah is free, aware of his freedom, pissed off, and hungry. Beneath him, a dazed and bleeding, but still very much alive, pile of (apparently) meat ripe for the devouring. Though his hands are easily captured, he does still struggle, though he can only bring a fraction of his formidable strength to bear due to the massive head wound he's dealing with.

One restrained hand splays, reaching for Zoey as much as it can, and he gurgles, "Mom... help..."
The Human
The Dragon

Kyle

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2013, 06:24:20 am »

Zoey's actions will at first appear to be in response to the gurgling plea, using her fangs to rip into her own wrist (how freed from the chains? Dislocation in the fall) and shoving it between Tybalt and the grievously injured shadow.

It looks like help. However, with her still unoccupied hand she's winding up the chains that had bound her wrists, and she'll bring her chain wrapped fist down on the ruined face until the nightmare ends or she just doesn't have any strength left. There's no telling which will happen first since she's apparently intent on saving the Brujah from what can only be a grave mistake by feeding herself to him instead of letting him take the wounded shadow.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2013, 07:53:41 pm »

Instinct and desire wage a brief but powerful war within the Brujah. Battling with his desire to feed from this false nephew and end the nightmare was the nigh overwhelming urge to instead sup from the proffered wrist that was shoved so tantalizingly before him. His eyes dart from wrist to pleading Shadowkin; were he human, sweat might have beaded as each millisecond of indecision passed by.

Ultimately, instinct kicks in and he sinks his fangs into Zoey's wrist. The smell of such fresh blood so near to him was more than he could withstand. He forgets all else in the moment that his mouth fills and so although he retains his grip on Alaric, he is largely unawares of the savagery that Zoey was looking to inflict on him. Likely, this was for the best; such wanton carnage was right up his alley, after all, and he might have been tempted to forsake the safer route in favor of it.

Sage R.

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2013, 08:12:31 pm »

For quite some time, there's only the sounds of Zoey's chain-wrapped fist impacting increasingly pulpy flesh, and Tybalt sucking greedily at Zoey's wrist. Also, one suspects, crying from one or both of them, but that doesn't count.

Eventually they will be shaken from their respective reveries by the deceptively light weight of a thick-fingered hand on each of their shoulders. If either of them try to assault the hands' owner, they will find it extraordinarily difficult, as the air seems to be made of something thick and fuzzy, and it just becomes easier to let the thought go. If they try to look back down to the body beneath them, there isn't one. There isn't even a floor, as far as they can perceive one; just a horizontal gray blur and some other multicolored blurs that must have been the walls.

Standing above them is the Dirus that still had its head on its shoulders. His eyes are still not the correct deep blue they ought to be, but neither are they the same electrical glow they had been before; instead, they shift in an almost soothing way back and forth between deep purple and teal green. He is smiling, not crazed but serene in nature. "Sorrow no longer. He retreats. I rally."
The Human
The Dragon

Kyle

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2013, 09:34:05 pm »

Zoey is relieved frankly when Tybalt takes her wrist, and she flinches every time she brings her fist down on the horrific mess that she is pretending very hard was never someone she cared about. And yes there are tears a plenty whether they count or not.

She won't try to assault the hand that lands on her shoulder but she will stop the mechanical rise and fall of her chain wrapped fist. It will take Zoey a minute to realize the blurred quality of the air and the objects? around them has nothing to do with the crying she's done.

It's oddly reassuring (for her at least) when she sees the not-Dirus standing over them still has the wrong eye color. "I just want to wake up." She doesn't care that her voice cracks when she says it, at least she didn't wail again.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2013, 12:28:55 am »

Delicious! That was the only thing that came to mind as Tybalt drank; for him, there was no crying. Any emotion besides the pure ecstasy that accompanied his feeding had no room to exist just then. Which was likely for the better because Tybalt really didn't need to look like more of a bloody mess than he already did.

He starts at the hand on his shoulder. This effectively served as an impromptu end to his meal. Before he turns to look at whoever interrupted him, however, Tybalt licks the wound closed. He has enough sense about him to be tender about it; it was the least he could do in acknowledgement of what Zoey had done for him. That everything around them was blurry had to mean something; were they out?

To see a not-Dirus that wasn't trying to hold him or Zoey down was something of a relief. "He retreats? For how long?" Tybalt frowns; relief was one thing, but he knew that this whole thing wasn't over by a long shot even if this dream was. "How can we stop this?" Above all else, Tybalt really wanted these dreams to stop and for them all to have some measure of peace.

Sage R.

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2013, 05:36:00 am »

"He will not return here. Not to dreams, not to your dreams. He cannot, when I do not pave the way first, and I will not return after this. I do not have the strength required, even if I wished to risk your sanity again." The thing in Dirus' body frowns for a moment, looking away from their faces and taking a few steps back. Then the body melts away, leaving behind only a man-sized orb of gently glowing light, slowly shifting from deep purple to teal green and back. Then there is a soft sigh.

"I beg your forgiveness. Were I not in desperate need of help, he would not have been able to torment you so. I have no other way to contact those who might combat the demon in my realm. You may call me Wonambi."
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 05:37:44 am by Sage R. »
The Human
The Dragon

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4