Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Room Mating (open social)  (Read 3646 times)

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
Re: Room Mating (open social)
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2013, 05:34:11 am »

Rhade looks around the Spartan room with great curiosity. He was used to travelling, and sometimes being lucky if he had a tent. Even sharing a small room with a roommate was a ginormous step in the ‘holey moley’ department.

He’ll drop his bag on the floor of the new room with no real ceremony at all, and grabs an obscenely large spellbook, a silver and blue arcane-etched microphone, and a cheap (couldn’t be more than 20$) no-name brand mp3 player with equally cheap headphones.

Once he has all the necessary ingredients, he’ll follow Keith's footsteps until they arrive on the roof. Beautiful weather? Check. Wow, look at the street from here… wait… he had to set up first.

He skims through the pages until he finds the thing he was looking for… then he asks Keith to hold the book up for him. True – the book could float, just like the microphone, but that could unnerve his new roommate and he didn’t want to do that.

“What kind of music do you like?” The look on Rhade’s face should be clear: There is no wrong answer. For some people, math was the language of the universe… Rhade was not one of those people, and he needed to get ideas for a setup from somewhere… a genre of music was as good as any.

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 04:54:13 am »

Keith pauses at his roommates question. He knew a lot of things; how to mop floors until they gleamed, how to hide from enemies, how to find things on the street, how to put down an enraged juicer.... music was something he knew less about.

"Umm... mostly I just listen to whats on. I don't really know the difference between types. Maybe you could show me the difference between types?"

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 11:30:46 pm »

“Of course I can show you the differences. There are many different types of music, and I like most of them… except that metal type… all that seems to be is therapeutic screaming at people… wears the throat out a bit.” Rhade turns a critical eye on Keith, examining the pyrokinetic closely… “You know what? Starting you on country music might be the easiest thing to do. Country music has easy words, easy rhythms and no one can tell if you mess up half the time anyways… I mean except for country music lovers… they’d know.”

Rhade flips through pages in his book until he sees what he wants; One Man Band … he makes the illusion with a small modification: he adds a small tv screen so Keith can see the words. Once it is set up, Rhade begins looking for country music on his player… if worst came to worst he could always make up a country song for his new friend.

“Oh! Who should go first? Should we flip a coin?”

OOC: Sorry for the delay on this post it's been a crazy week for me.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 11:32:32 pm by Rath »

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2013, 04:30:31 am »

For all that the fox acted like he wanted to be left alone, the place gets too quiet too quickly, giving him time to think about what he's missing. It doesn't take long for him to slip out of the room and go searching for the duo.

Fortunately (at least for him), he gets a scent trace on them quickly and starts tracking them through the building. He already know why they were going, but missed out on the location and didn't pay attention to the bulletin board's new notice. Now it was just a matter of arriving at the same place they are and it isn't like they were trying to confuse the trail.

Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 01:56:02 am »

After Rhade Sets the machine (well, illusion really) up, Kieth will study the screen for a second and then nods his head. "I'll go first. That way you can tell me what I need to do next time."

What occurs next, as Kenny Rogers classic song The Gambler plays is perhaps one of the most staggeringly poor attempts at Karaoke the world has ever known; While Kieth is able to get the words mostly right, the fact remains that the young man is near totally tone deaf, a fact that only becomes more clear as he recalls that Rhade told him that Karaoke involves singing loudly.

Adding to the Terrible rendition is a nearby dog that is howling and a baby crying (both obviously disturbed), which combined with the country rhythm and the psychic's "singing" almost combines to form some bizarre new age genre of music. It doesn't quite get there though and merely settles for being terrible.

Tracker will have surely heard the music at this point, and assuming he hasn't been scared off by it may want to investigate what's happening up on the roof.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2013, 09:24:48 pm »

“Oooh a classic!” Rhade will tweak the Illusion so the chorus has actual backup vocals.

Though Keith’s performance is less than stellar, Rhade doesn’t look like he minds. Karaoke is less about singing and more about having fun anyways (at least for Rhade it was).

“That was an excellent first try!” somewhat conscious of how embarrassing a first try at anything goes, Rhade uses his boundless enthusiasm and puts it to good work giving Keith some friendly pointer’s on how to sound less rough.

Then to demonstrate some of those pointers to his new friend, Rhade picks another classic song; ‘Standing Outside the Fire’ by Garth Brooks. Rhade doesn’t go for his usual special effects and he even lowers the level of volume (Though he opted to keep the backup vocals) so as to not disturb the dogs and babies.

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 10:02:47 pm »

The fox finally follows the sound of caterwauling to the roof where he finds the other two already at their noisemaking (he certainly can't call it singing, but then he knows he can't sing either.) Rather than joining in, he slips over to the edge of the roof and makes himself reasonably comfortable looking out over the city (what little is visible considering the much taller buildings around.) Of course, having his parabolic ears turned away from the noise itself helps somewhat, but he also takes advantage of his bionics to turn down the sensitivity even more.

When the music breaks between songs, his ears twitch and he turns to look at the others.
"Is that the only kind of music you have? I put up with enough of that where I came from. How about something a little less strident?" He thinks for a moment, then perks up. "How about "Tigerlily"?

Will there be others?

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 06:12:26 pm »

“Tiger Lily? From La Roux? I don’t understand how that’s any less strident…or maybe you mean the one from Matchbox Romance? That’s kind of like a country song. Well maybe more lazy than a country song. Not much scale.” It may be clear that Rhade needs to know the song in order for the Illusion to work properly.

“Maybe if you hum a few chords?”

((OOC: It’s been a week, so I’m just going to post again to keep the thread going…))

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 10:34:40 pm »

((Sorry, past week has been crazy between work and Fanexpo Toronto))

Keith ~oblivious to how bad his lyrical skills are~ Glances over and notices Tracker and for a brief moment expierience kicks in and his body language changes; the pyrokinetics shoulders square up and his eyes seem to harden as though he was expecting trouble. It only lasts a moment though before a quick glance reaffirms that the bionic fox isn't a member of a CS dog pack.

Momentarily embarrassed at his flight or flight response to someone who had to be a fellow guardian, he smiles nervously and glances back at the Machine, curious what the lyrics for a song called Tiger lilly might be.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 05:57:43 pm »

((OOC: Rhiann hasn’t posted so I’m continuing))

Keith’s reaction to the fox creature doesn’t go by completely unnoticed... Rhade doesn’t comment though. For him, the Fox looked like a Spadroon, those animals were highly territorial and didn’t like nymphs much unless it was for eating (He’d been told by a reliable source that Nymph sushi was a thing in some places of the universe). This does not deter Rhade though… few things ever deter a nymph from having fun.

After waiting a good few moments for a response from the fox, he realizes he might have confused him.

“Fine I’ll take Tiger Lily from La Roux, and if that is not the song you want then we can try the other one and see if it sounds familiar.”

He is cheery enough, but when the song starts Rhade starts flexing some vocal muscles and actually singing… though he does an admirable job of hitting the tone and cadence of the song, he is not a girl and so some of the higher notes sound a little odd.

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2013, 07:53:32 pm »

The fox himself hadn't responded because he was--or at least appeared--distracted. He seemed like he was only there because it was too quiet elsewhere and yet didn't want to be in a crowd. The two others doing their singing was enough to--partially--take his mind off of whatever he was thinking. Maybe there was something about that song he mentioned that meant something to him.

The fox's ears perk up as the song starts and his tail begins to thump to the beat, though his eyes are closed and his expression implies seeing something that isn't there--almost in echo to the spoken part of the song.

Will there be others?

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2013, 09:17:28 pm »

Fidgetting a bit from where he is off to the side, Keith thinks for a moment about what else to talk about while his room mate tries the song out. After he finishes, he'll ask him "So... Rhade, What can you tell me about yourself? If we're going to be living together, It's probably a good idea for us to get to know each other a bit better."

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2013, 04:07:19 pm »

After he finishes the song he hands the mic over to the fox. After all the joy of Karaoke was that everyone had a turn to entertain everyone.

“If you scroll down on that screen over there you can see what songs I have. Then you touch the song to play it.”  He gives the fox a pat on the shoulder and then hops away from the ‘stage’.

When Keith talks Rhade hesitates for a brief moment, he hadn’t expected questions.

“Well I’m a nymph, so that means I tend to stay in the shower for too long, if that annoys you feel free to yell at me. I promise I will try to be quick, but it’s probably better if you go in ahead of me. Sometimes I like to sleep in the tub.” Immediately his mind goes to his more annoying habits, after all you have to warn your roommate of those right?

“You’re not a merfolk are you?” this question is uttered with utmost seriousness and suddenly Keith has Rhade’s full attention, and not in the cheerful way from earlier.

When the music starts, Rhade will try to be a good audience member.

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2013, 05:48:13 am »

Keith looks slightly mystified at Rhade revealing his passion for the shower and water in general. Also he was a Nymph... which was wierd because he'd always been told nymphs were some sort faerie nature spirit and were always women. Hrrrmmm... this must be that "different worlds have different rules" thing that the more senior guardians were always telling him. Oh well.

"I grew up someplace where running water was something I only heard stories about, so you might say that I'm still getting used to the idea of people bathing everyday with water. So yeah: it probably won't be a problem if you decide to spend more time in there."

The question about whether he's a merman baffles him though; he was on top of a roof in the summer time, how could he be a merperson?

"No, I'm human Rhade. Well, I'm also a master psychic which is funny because I don't actually have that many powers and mostly I just use them for little things like like knowing how other people are feeling and being able to see their auras but the other half of it is that because I'm a burster I have really really powerful control over fire and natural instincts for fighting" he says in something that could be generously described as a stream of consciousness.

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2013, 04:04:30 pm »

The fox's ears fall as the microphone is planted in his hands unexpectedly. He glances at the other two, half hoping he can palm the mike off, but they quickly bury themselves in a discussion, leaving him stuck with it. Rising to his feet, he checks out the machine, scanning through its huge library. When that doesn't work for him, he tries to run a search for a specific tune and nearly stops on one, but finds another of the same name that's much more interesting. With that he cues it up, whereupon it starts playing some almost etherial tones. He seats himself on a roof fixture that's just about the height of a bar stool and takes a "Thinking Man" pose.

In an almost breathy voice, he starts:

"She packed my bags... last night... pre flight
"Zero hour... nine a.m.
"And I'm gonna be high,... as a kite by then
"I miss the earth, so much... I miss my wife
"It's lonely... out in space
"On such a... timeless flight"

His body language holds all the gestures of smoking something, including a wisp of vapor coming from the tip of his tail held next to his muzzle every time he takes a 'puff' on that imaginary roach. The style is familiar; the voice breaks--the pauses--those of a well-panned television star from decades earlier.

"And I think its gonna be a long, long, time."

The entire song is spoken, but the music makes it very clear that it's an old classic, done in that actor's personal style.
As he closes, you can see a tear running down his muzzle.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 04:15:38 pm by Rhiann »

Will there be others?
Pages: 1 [2] 3