Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: The God Machine (closedRP)  (Read 10645 times)

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
Re: The God Machine (closedRP)
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2013, 10:27:07 pm »

It will take far…far… more than a system shunt to wound the monstrosity that’s already taken the entire facility out of the Farce system by devouring it, and while the Azuredawn has been eating and corrupting every effect for a good while now; Hugo is right on a number of fronts. This creature isn’t motivated enough to bother eating an Easton (who wants that headache right now?) and… it was told to eat the facility, not anyone still alive and fleeing from it.

Agrippa however was unaware of the insane rapport Dr. Easton seemed to have with the monstrosity. It was the long standing faith he had in his mentor that stopped him from questioning Doctor Easton, and instead did as he was told. He concentrated on science, the etheric order, everything Dr. Easton ever taught him, and everything he ever learned on his own. He routes every bit of essence he can into the working, which is a considerable amount since he was not a native of the Mage and White Wolf systems.

The rabbit hole forms, and for a brief instant it taps into the remainder of the Farce system, but soon that remainder is devoured and the machine looks for the next available influence… which is the Azuredawn. Normally an effect like this would be routed so that people would appear right before the anchor, but the anchor was dead.

The Azuredawn panics, because it has no concept of time at the moment, it doesn’t know if Braelyn is out yet or not, so it routes the spell to the only other vestiges it has left on primary… but wait… the luck goddess was behind reality batteries… would take too long to eat through them so Taross is out of the question. That left the defunct branch, the cleric, and the paladin. Seeing a path out, the machine does the rest of the work and soon Hugo and Agrippa leave the collapsing facility.

Faye Riviera has just gotten out of her shower and thrown on a towel, then she suddenly feels the worst case of nausea she has ever had in her life – surprising more so because she is undead now, and one might think being undead made you immune to a lot of things… but oh no… now she is so dizzy it feels like she might collapse.

Then she vomits, well it feels like she is vomiting, but nothing is coming out of her mouth.

Dr. Hugo Easton, Agrippa Lawrender, and Arturo… all land in her bathroom. All looking like they have been in battle, dried blood caked all over them.

It’s not every day where it feels like you’ve vomited your boss up.

Janus

• RPG Collector Supreme
  • Administrator
  • First Class Poster
  • "I'll explain that later."
    • Gamer's End RP Wiki
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2013, 05:59:50 am »

"Ms. Rivera.  Inform Medical that I will be requiring attention, and that I will not put up my usual amount of indignation and resentment.  Inform Logistics that I will not be returning that prototype Jaunt Skimmer for evaluation.  Inform C&C that I will be needing a debriefing as soon as Medical allows.  Inform Administration that there is another Easton now to account for."

It's said calmly enough.  Hugo may have even seen Faye at her most natural, though there was no evidence that he even considered that important.  But as soon as it's said the Etherite passes out, having the courtesy of only bleeding on the easily cleaned tile in the bathroom.
Doctor Hugo Easton - Mad SCIENCE!
Webhunter - College Student Werewolf
Azure Reg - Shadowrun Thief & British Mutant

Learn about them all by finding my links right HERE

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2013, 02:07:56 pm »

When Faye is able to compose herself, she stares between Dr. Easton and Agrippa for a few moments each. There is a look of utter disbelief written all over her pale features as though she couldn't believe what had just happened. She starts when directly addressed, the towel she'd been clutching around herself slipping from her grasp. Dumbly, she nods at each of the requests though she doesn't seem shocked when Dr. Easton collapses.

"...uh..." She blinks a few times and rubs at her face. When it didn't seem that the crumpled form of her boss was going to disappear anytime soon, she looks at Agrippa and murmurs, "...watch over him..." That done, she turns from the bathroom and goes off in search of her comm to make all the appropriate calls, wondering the whole time what had happened for them to have arrived in such a state...and to have arrived through her like that.

Little did she know...

OOC: I shall have a post ready for the other thread shortly-ish. I seem to have found my brain this morning.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2013, 05:19:53 pm »

The half hour or so is very loud as people arrive at Faye’s apartment, they ask a million questions of her, and get more than a few answers from Agrippa. Faye will hear the gist of what happened, though Agrippa is more forthcoming with photos than actual names. Basically she’ll know they were at the unveiling of a catastrophic machine, and someone named Renvares convinced a monster to eat the place.

Soon though the unconscious and stabilized Hugo is rushed off to Medical with a confused but helpful Agrippa heading to R&D to find a computer he can share his information with and write a report (that Hugo will be disappointed in him for if it’s not ready as soon as the Doctor gets up...) and leaves his contact information (including the address of his own lab in Gamer’s End) before leaving the Outpost as quietly as possible. Helpful though he is, he is not one for big groups, and being in an outpost with so many varied people grates on Agrippa’s nerves.

Faye’s life returned to normal after people leave…but it doesn’t last long. Soon she feels heavy and nauseous – though clothed this time and not in the bathroom, Faye feels the dizziness once again and soon a woman appears on her living room floor.

For the briefest of moments this woman looks almost …afraid…but upon taking in her new surroundings she smooth’s out her outfit and stands slowly. She has long brown hair with blonde highlights braided down her back, her outfit is similar to what Dr. Hugo Easton was wearing, and like him, she is slightly bloody – but in far better shape. Piercing green eyes settle on Faye for a moment before trying to come up with a way to seize command of the situation before Faye recovered from whatever just happened.

“Good …err... morning Ms. Rivera.” A polite pleasant British accent comes from the woman who was only gaining momentum. “If you’ll excuse me I need to borrow some money for a cab, and your phone for a few moments.” Without another word she heads towards the first phone she can find with an air of absolute authority.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 05:22:58 pm by Rath »

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2013, 03:38:33 pm »

To say that Faye wasn't used to this much activity in her apartment would have been an understatement. However, understanding well that there really was no alternative, she takes it all in stride and does what she can to stay mostly out of everyone's way. Once she had something appropriate to wear, she takes some time to listen to Agrippa's rundown of what transpired. It didn't take much for her to realize that the 'Renvares' being spoken of was her brother.

Once everyone left, she begin what would become the tedious process of trying to reach Braelyn. No one was picking up his personal cell and none of his employees in New Orleans had any notion as to where he presently was. She couldn't even reach Rath which prompted a light frown to crease her ivory features. "...Braelyn, where are you...?" About to try his cell for the umpteenth time in that half hour, she feels that same sensation of 'about-to-puke-someone-out' and doubles over.

When she straightens, she'll see a woman making a beeline for the cellphone she couldn't remember dropping. "Ah..." She starts, rubbing at her jaw, "...I gather you're tied to whatever left Doctor Easton in bad shape in my bathroom not long ago?" Given the blood on Jessica Easton's clothing, and the clothing itself, Faye figured that was a good guess. She pointedly ignores the request for money, "If you could elaborate on what happened, specifically about my brother, Braelyn..."

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2013, 05:51:23 pm »

“Oh? Hugo-Bear survived? That’s…” Jessica pauses for a long awkward moment, “…nice.” She then gets an answer on the other end of the phone, and Faye can hear her curtly demand a cab pick her up at her current address. It may or may not be disturbing to know a strange woman knows where Faye lives.

“If Hugo did land here, you already know the gist of what happened, the last I saw of your brother he was convincing a monster to go eat itself and the entire facility we were in, I then tried to make my way towards the jaunt skimmer, and… well… I never saw your brother after that. Though I imagine that if I popped up through here, your brother should be along presently. Now I’m afraid I have to pay the driver something, I’m sure Dr. Easton will reimburse you.” It may occur to Faye that this may be the ‘other Easton’ Hugo mentioned earlier.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2013, 03:57:39 pm »

"Hugo...bear...?" Faye all but whispers the nickname. Surely, that had come from Braelyn. It sounded too much like one of his many affectations not to be and this woman, whoever she was other than another Easton, didn't seem of the right humor to come up with such names on her own. That this woman knew where she lived was slightly alarming, though less so than the fact that Faye really didn't know who she was.

So when Jessica gets off the phone, she asks, "If you could tell me your name, and maybe how you know where I live, I'd appreciate it. I can tell you are related, somehow, to Doctor Easton, but I wasn't aware he had much family..." She trails off as she goes off in search of her purse. She finds it in short order and procures from its depths enough money for cab fare to any reasonable distance within Primary City. Faye may be generous, but she certainly wasn't stupid with her money.

Speaking of which, said money is promptly handed over to Jessica. "...thank you, by the way. The man that came here with Doctor Easton couldn't tell me much about Braelyn, I'm afraid. And knowing he'll be along shortly is more than I knew before." She offers a tentative smile, the same sort she tended to offer the good Doctor over in R&D. She'll then retrieve her phone, if possible, and set it down on its charger. She had done a number on its battery earlier in her frantic attempts to reach her brother.

Some time later, when Faye was alone yet again, she yet again experienced that lurching sensation in her stomach that preceded people-vomiting. This time, sitting down in a recliner with her body pointed towards the couch, she was more prepared than the last two times to receive unannounced guests. And sure enough, within moments she was vomiting up what turned out to be the very bloody and almost inconsolable form of her elder, adopted brother.

She really should have thought ahead about the blood. Her pristine microfibre couch was instantly stained, though admittedly that was the last thing on her mind as she pushed aside her internal discomfort to rise from her chair and cross over to where Braelyn lay sprawled on her couch. She reached out for him as she sat down, pulling him close. He didn't resist in any way whatsoever. He only wrapped his arms around her and began sobbing, his cries the sound of utter pain and anguish.

Instantly, Faye knew that something had happened to Rath but she did not dare ask what. Braelyn needed to expend himself first otherwise she doubted she would be able to get any answers. Besides that, it just seemed insensitive to interrupt his crying just to satisfy her need to know. And so she sat there, holding and rocking him back and forth, until his sobs slowly transformed to sniffles and then ultimately to silent shakes.

"...he's gone." Braelyn said at last, volunteering the information on his own. "They...ruined him. Manos Perdix. He...he had to die, the Azuredawn had to sever..." He couldn't finish the sentence, interrupted as he was by a sudden resurgence of his sobs. He clutched desperately at Faye, who in turn held him as tight as she could without hurting him. "I couldn't do anything to help, I couldn't...we never should have gone..." His fingers dug sharply into her back, but Faye did nothing to stop him. It hardly hurt.

The mention of Manos Perdix made her back stiffen instantly; she had her own history with that cult, her own beef. That her brother was now involved in their madness saddened her, but not nearly as much as the knowledge that what they did at that facility caused him to lose the man he loved. Or, rather, his physical form. She opened her mouth to say something, anything, to console Braelyn when she finds herself suddenly interrupted. "I'm going to destroy them all...every last one of them. They're nothing but parasites, disruptions of...balance...I can't let them keep going on like this." His voice had grown suddenly hard, his tone somewhat frightening.

Faye pulls back from Braelyn and looks him dead in the eyes. Tears were no longer flowing; instead, they were replaced by a cold, hard look. She'd seen this look on Braelyn's face before, years ago, when Evangelos had abandoned her. It wasn't a look she liked to see on his face. "Braelyn...they're everywhere. They're too much for just one person. I'm so sorry to hear about Rath, but you can't go after them on your own. Look at what happened to..." She never had a chance to finish that thought; Braelyn interrupted her.

"Don't tell me not to go after them, Faye!" His voice had a note of hysterics to it, "They tried to kill people today, so many people...just to try and destroy..." His words changed into a cry of frustration and anguish, his coldness quickly dissolving to fury, "I'm going to do it, Faye. I'll see to it that there's not a single trace left of them. Not a single godsdamned cultist is going to live through this, I..." This time, it was his turn to be interrupted as Faye slapped him harshly across the face. He stopped abruptly and blinked at her, surprised.

"Don't you dare go off like that, Braelyn Renvares. I will not have you throw your life away like this. Which is exactly what will happen if you go after them alone. In your rage, you forget that you have me to help you. And there are others, some within the Guardians, that will also help you. I know it's hard, I know you are hurting right now, but you can't lose your head like this. I won't lose the last of my family to this madness, I won't!" She pulled him close again, partially to muffle any retort he might have had, and partly because she simply didn't know what else to say just then.

There would be time to say more later, she supposed. For now, Faye's primary concern was to comfort her brother as best as she could and make sure that he didn't do anything monumentally stupid in the near future. Given his inclinations, that was easier said than done but she would surely do what she could...whatever that happened to be.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2013, 04:16:09 pm »

Jessica will probably answer select questions after introducing herself and while she cleaned up what little blood there was.

While Faye prepared to deal with her brother; Jessica was on her way into the cab – first stop: Hugo’s bank account. She’d need money to get a ticket to Gamer’s End, and potentially money for some clothes that weren’t torn, maybe a lawyer to try and enter Gamer’s End as they tended to view individuals like her as property of the original (and she was not property!)… What was that one lawyer’s name? Marcus Durrant? Yes that was it. Time to look him up.

With a million plans in motions Jessica pauses only for a brief moment in the cab to marvel at her new existence.

“I do believe this is going to be fun.” She murmurs to herself. She has her freedom from Hugo, and she is going to seize every moment of it. A scientist that was undead and didn’t need sleep, a scientist who already had at least two lifetimes worth of knowledge behind her (Her own life and Hugo’s were the clearest in her mind). A scientist that could do anything she wanted too.

Maybe the third try at life was the charm?

Time to find out.

OOC: This marks the end of the Thread! I declare ooc Territory from now on.

Thank you so much HugoPG and FayePG for participating!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]