Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Warframe  (Read 5600 times)

Meckell

• Forum Recruit
Warframe
« on: April 13, 2013, 01:08:33 pm »

Warframe?
Gun ninjas in space.
Site
Wiki

Can you be more specific?
Free-to-play third-person over-the-shoulder solo/co-op shooter with melee weapons and stunt moves, currently in open beta and available on Steam. This is a true beta, so there will be bugs and content is still being added. We have been playing the shit out of it.
The co-op experience is far closer to the shooter side than the rpg side. For the most part, the game does not require group cohesion or highly specific roles. In Global Agenda, if the team doesn't work together, you will die and the mission will go to shit. In Warframe, people can rambo like hell and the mission will probably be perfectly fine.
At the moment, there are only three tile sets, but the mission randomizer will start throwing some twists after the introductory planet, Mercury - enemy switches, objective extensions, and so on. Once your frame is past level 5 and has killed a boss enemy, you may also find yourself targeted by Stalker.
The current concept of Warframe was actually designed in 2004 under the name Dark Sector by Digital Extremes. However, the climate of game development at the time led to the released Dark Sector in 2008 being rather different from the original design. This essentially makes Warframe the game that DE has been wanting to make for nearly ten years.

Dark Sector? Really?
Really. Check out the original concept trailer.
Beyond just "Tenno" and "Technocyte Virus", further parallels can be found between Dark Sector and Warframe. Some examples from the excellent LP.
Mechanically, both have some close-aiming weirdness.
The first suit, Nemesis, and Lotus reference.
The second suit, a proto-Excalibur.
Jackals, and Nemesis vs Protosuit.

oh god buttons
I've done at least two UI/menu explanations by now, so I'll see about making a video to clear things up.
It's quick and dirty and I probably missed a few things, but I'll throw them in the description when I remember / am reminded. Here.

Who's playing?
Post below or bother me on IRC if I forget anyone or you come up with a dumb name for something you do a lot.
GG NameWarframe NameSignature Moves
ArcalaneArcalane-
NekaneZarevehGRAKATA GRAKATA GRAKATA GRAKATA GRAKATA
DazDazteki don't log in and play a lot
KillfrenzyMeckellRed Lex, Gram Slam
UdoshiUdoshiUltimate Ninja, Swap.avi, Gram Slam
VoidOperative-
SageMremaknua series of cubes, electric slide
DenzineDenzineCross-dimensional Communicatrix
TizakTizak-
SkarmoryvonBoomslang-
FlatsPunt_Speedchunk-
GiganCloseToFar-
AcheleaAchelea-
TestEntryPlease Ignore

How do we coordinate this?
We mostly talk in the main IRC room: irc.sorcery.net/gamingguardians
Voice chat is highly recommended. Skype is available, but Mumble 1.2.3 is preferred. We are using Void's server: raevyn.servehttp.com:64738
Furthermore, the devs have set up a twitter for tracking Alert missions. Even better, it identifies ? rewards. https://twitter.com/WarframeAlerts

What was that about Stalker?
You can't run from your past.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 03:13:09 am by Meckell »
Dogbots
NSC
Titan Blue
Greenshirts
JSPRL
MKSUBVERGE
Arena
Hostiles

Meckell

• Forum Recruit
Re: Warframe
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 01:09:03 pm »

Reserved for even more specific information

Alright, how do we do this?
Beyond the normal objectives and the standard to-completion runs, we have a few more specific ways of running certain missions.
Speedgrind - OBSOLETE due to update 780
Objective: Killing bosses for rare components and blueprints.
Procedure: We move at a fast pace to the boss, killing whatever's in the way, opening lockers and bashing crates on the way but minimal detours. We crush the boss, collect the drops, finish off any residual adds, and the host aborts the mission - rinse, repeat. If someone has not completed the area, we can run it to completion so it unlocks properly for them, but aside from that, there will be no completion awards or bonus XP.
Defense Farm
Objective: Extending defense missions for XP and mods.
Procedure: Defense mission waves come in batches of five, on completion you can collect the reward or keep fighting more and stronger enemies for a higher tier reward. We extend to wave ten or fifteen - twenty only if we're overleveled or overconfident. This requires at least two people who are seriously kitted out. Against Grineer, massive ranged damage. Against Infestation, fire damage, freeze lockdowns, and thorough AOE powers - especially Ember warframes. Against Corpus, a combination of ranged and thorough AOE.
Rush
Objective: Unlocking locations as fast as possible.
Procedure: Run fast, kill fast, only collect what is necessary. This is not necessarily a thorough kill run, and slowest player does not necessarily set the pace here! Not every pointman will slow down or come back for you, check ahead of time.
Leveling Run
Objective: Guiding new players and leveling new gear.
Procedure: A higher level player tags along with a new player or someone leveling new frames/weapons, stepping in to deal with especially obnoxious enemies or more severe situations, and trying their best to resist the impulse to steal all the kills.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 12:15:44 am by Meckell »
Dogbots
NSC
Titan Blue
Greenshirts
JSPRL
MKSUBVERGE
Arena
Hostiles

Arcalane

• Neutral Guest
  • Arf?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 09:50:49 pm »

"Shoot them. A lot."
Intel

Meckell

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 01:31:22 pm »

QUOTE IS NOT EDIT
Dogbots
NSC
Titan Blue
Greenshirts
JSPRL
MKSUBVERGE
Arena
Hostiles

Sage R.

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 11:36:46 am »

The Human
The Dragon

I'm chiefly an IRCer, but I dabble in the forums on occasion.

Arcalane

• Neutral Guest
  • Arf?
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 05:53:23 pm »

I was pretty sure he was going to get me that time, but we outsmarted him.

Hooray for Radial Blind.

Ed: Buildin' frames! Alt title; gotta catch 'em all.

Ed2: Seriously gettin' tired of your shit, Stalker.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 11:39:59 pm by Arcalane »
"Shoot them. A lot."
Intel

Denzine

• Neutral Guest
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 01:49:52 am »

Given that the next update is roughly scheduled to be deployed in a week, and that it includes a huge new set of Things To Do as well as Things for Clans, I think we should decide on whether we should continue with the current name of Butt Knights because it's hilarious when a boss tries to taunt a name that ridiculous, change it to something just as or even more silly, or to something more boring and lame.

Post your suggestions/votes here. Also, if you're fine with Butt Knights, check your Clan tab in your Contacts list for the invites I've already sent.

Meckell

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 04:42:00 am »

If it's not Butt Knights, then it's Ass Kings or Rear Guard.
Dogbots
NSC
Titan Blue
Greenshirts
JSPRL
MKSUBVERGE
Arena
Hostiles

Achelea

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 05:39:09 am »

Since it's "Pun"ishing enough.

Diligent Derrieres
Flailing Flatulence
Auto_Butts
Tactical Tails
Righteous Rump Roasters
Turn the Other Cheek

:P
"I may not agree with what you say, but I sure as Heck will fight to the death for your right to say it."

http://tgg.stormdragon.org/index.php?topic=133.0

Udoshi

• Neutral Guest
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 06:20:32 am »

I think Assassins, Associates, and Assistants should make a return.

The name's less fun when the game doesn't abbreviate it as AssAssAss though.

Denzine

• Neutral Guest
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 10:35:15 pm »

Hey people who haven't accepted clan invites or posted here yet, if you don't actually say anything about what name you want the clan to have I can't change it to be acceptable for you.

Post something. Anything.

Denzine

• Neutral Guest
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 01:00:18 pm »

Well, I guess our name is Butt Knights. Now we need to decide on a layout for the clan hall, and decide who gets to place the bits! And how to place them! Speaking of:

We start out with 100 blocks and 5 energy.

First, connectors:

Elbow Connector:  Corner hallway piece. 1 block, 1 energy.
T-connector:  T-intersection.  5 blocks, 2 energy.
Cross Connector:  4-way intersection. 10  blocks, 3 energy.
Small Hallway: tiny-ass hallway connector, probably only useful for chaining shit together. 1 block, 1 power.

Block/power-increasing tiles:
Great Hall: +100 Blocks, -2 energy
Reactor: -5 blocks, +25 Energy   DEAD END, caps the branch when placed.

Other shit:
Elevator:  2 blocks, 2 energy. Can go up or down.
Dueling Room: 10 blocks, 10 energy. We'll probably never build it.
Oracle: 2 blocks, 5 energy. DEAD-END
Energy Lab: 2 blocks, 5 energy. DEAD END
Chem Lab: 2 blocks, 5 energy. DEAD END
Bio Lab: 2 blocks, 5 energy. DEAD END
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 01:40:53 pm by Denzine »

Udoshi

• Neutral Guest
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 01:35:12 pm »

Can we get material costs/build times added here?

We probably want to come up with the most efficient possible way to get our research and manufacturing working.
If we can. Its entirely likely they will add stuff later on, too.

I'm thinking we may want to build resource rooms in one direction that can be expanded upon later, and everything we actually need to interact with clumped up.

Udoshi

• Neutral Guest
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 01:44:15 pm »

We start out with 100 blocks and 5 energy.

First, connectors: All take 50k Credits, 65k Salvage, 35k Ferrite, 120,k nano spores, 5 forma. 12 hours. Each.
Elbow Connector:  Corner hallway piece. 1 block, 1 energy.
T-connector:  T-intersection.  5 blocks, 2 energy.
Cross Connector:  4-way intersection. 10  blocks, 3 energy.
Small Hallway: tiny-ass hallway connector, probably only useful for chaining shit together. 1 block, 1 power.

Block/power-increasing tiles:
Great Hall: +100 Blocks, -2 energy. 100k Credits, 15k Alloy Plate, 60k Ferrite, 30k Rubedo, 25 forma. 1d
Reactor: -5 blocks, +25 Energy   DEAD END, caps the branch when placed. 50k Credits, 65k Salvage, 35k Circuits, 15k Alloy Plate, 5 forma 12h

Other shit:
Elevator:  2 blocks, 2 energy. Can go up or down. 50k Credits, 65k Salvage, 35k Ferrite, 120k Nano Spores, 5 forma, 12h
Dueling Room: 10 blocks, 10 energy. We'll probably never build it. 75k credits, 65k salvage, 35k ferrite, 120k nano spores, 10 forma
Oracle: 2 blocks, 5 energy. DEAD-END Apparently required for research facilities. 100k Credits, 65k salvage, 35k circuits, 35k polymer, 15 forma, 1d
Energy Lab: 2 blocks, 5 energy. DEAD END 100k Credits, 65k Salvage, 35k Circuits, 35k polymer, 15 forma, 1d
Chem Lab: 2 blocks, 5 energy. DEAD END 100k Credits, 65k Salvage, 35k Circuits, 35k polymer, 15 forma, 1d
Bio Lab: 2 blocks, 5 energy. DEAD END 100k Credits, 65k Salvage, 35k Circuits, 35k polymer, 15 forma, 1d

I got it.

If anyone wants into the dojo but doesn't have a key yet, note that it IS possible to invite people inside.

Udoshi

• Neutral Guest
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 02:13:37 pm »

Alright. Taking a total inventory of my warframe construction materials - i suggest everyone do the same. Obviously this won't account for some use in warframes or assembly, but we need to get an idea of the size of our pooled resources.

Alloy Plate 516
Circuits 6503
Ferrite 8182
Nano Spores 24454
Polymer 6203
Rubedo 3045
Salvage 15662

Pages: [1] 2