Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Derailed (CLOSED RP)  (Read 19659 times)

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
Re: Derailed (CLOSED RP)
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2013, 01:58:04 am »

Rhade is a little disturbed. He’s used to having a keen sense of smell… in the water. Being able to smell everything in the air is a very nerve wrecking experience for him.

And then there’s a voice in his head.

No one else seems incredibly disturbed by this phenomenon so he obeys the voice and follows everyone else trying his best to keep alert for surprises.

Ocelico

• Neutral Guest
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2013, 09:35:02 am »

Things.  Things everywhere.  Things moving everywhere.  Ocelico does not pounce anything.  Ocelico does not pounce anything.  Ocelico does not pounce anything.  Ocelico does not pounce....

Oh, there's Sage in his head.  Hi Sage!

He'll head off the path as directed.  Easier to not be distracted by everything that moves when he's got a direction.  ".. We get to meet the storyteller?  Oh, this is gonna be awesome.  He's like the Santa of fables, isn't he?"

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2013, 05:31:44 am »

Keith reflexively closes his eyes as his vision does it's best to zoom in to absurd degrees before slowly opening them to a squint so that his eyes will hopefully not go crazy.

The voice of this sage person (whom Gaddez had simply refused to talk about for some reason Keith wasn't sure about; they were team mates weren't they? And everyone wanted to help the systems... right?) was a merciful point of focus to the young psychic however, though given how alien the environment was to him (though perhaps less to his companions) getting some information from her would hopefully help.

<< PC Sage: Any ideas on where to look for Tembat? If he wanders around a continent then it might take a while to find him...>>

Relapse

• Global Moderator
  • Junior Grade Poster
  • Official neenja
    • My char profiles thread
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2013, 09:31:24 am »

The barrage of detail in his griffin sight is weathered to the best of Relapse's ability. Years of training cause the flickers of movement to translate into assuming a defensive stance - as much as the ninja doesn't want to, muscle memory and instinct definitely win out. The lack of sakki backing up the threat lets the ninja get control again after a few moments and carefully not look embarassed by his reaction.

Being mentally contacted by Sage nearly triggers the stance again, but Relapse has better control of himself now so merely grimaces as best as his beak allows. Cupboard responds rapidly with its own cheery vibrations (although in deference to the locals its hidden itself somewhere), Relapse lets Cupboard finish before mentally nodding in the direction of Sage's thought. The thought of thinking about nodding in a thoughtularly direction increases Relapse's grimace and he follows Ocelico off the path.

"I assume a storyteller here is equivalent to GNN. Hopefully his memory will be detailed enough for us to discern a direction."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 08:06:45 am by Relapse »
This signature contains 400 ninja.
Relapse is one of them. Cupboard is not, and neither is Stephen.

Sage R.

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2013, 10:08:05 am »

Dav's probably going to be wondering for a moment why her legs are trying their damnedest to buckle underneath her when she drops the totem. Depending on her regen speeds in her native system, that may only last a few seconds, but she'll probably still want some help standing up regardless. Doing another spell right after that does not help matters in the slightest, and down on her butt she goes, winded like she's just come off a marathon. The totem didn't quite look the same as it normally should, but it seemed to function okay, although nobody was actually injured to be healed. The hammer chills as appropriate, but the moment she isn't concentrating on it specifically, it starts thawing out just like a normal piece of semifrozen metal would.

::Uh, I don't know what your name is, but I wouldn't do that again unless you need it. Gaer's not especially forgiving of frivolous magic use.::

".. We get to meet the storyteller?  Oh, this is gonna be awesome.  He's like the Santa of fables, isn't he?"

::More or less, yeah. Fat and jolly and carries a pipe and brings entertaining stories to all the good little girls and boys. And bawdy tales of his conquests to the bad adults later on.::

They can all clearly 'hear' Sage laughing for a moment, first at Mia's response, and then again at Relapse's hair-trigger defensive reaction to his new eyes. ::Oh, Lapse, I'm sorry. Glad to see you too, Cupboard. Be nice to him. That's a lot to take in for anybody, eh?::

<< PC Sage: Any ideas on where to look for Tembat? If he wanders around a continent then it might take a while to find him...>>

::One second... ... He's planning to settle down outside the Roughhide tribe's holdings tonight. Painteds, a ways from here but not all that far when one can fly. Incidentally, you don't need to bother with the comms with me; I hear all and see all. If you thought you guys had a lot to take in...:: There's a brief pause while somewhere, a game designer is sighing in pure exasperation. ::Writing rules against omniscience bites one in the ass when one has to become omniscient, I'll say that. I promise not to dig into your brains, though. Don't be afraid, other person whose name I don't know; I'm annoying from time to time, but not direct evidence that you've gone mad.::

It's only about a ten-minute trek through the fields and, eventually, woods--each tree seems as gigantic as a baobab, with drapelike foliage comparable to a weeping willow--before they emerge into yet another clearing, this one very obviously not a natural one as it's a perfect circle, and in its center, a white, two-story suburban house of moderate size. A colorful flower garden wraps around the front and one side, likely not actually tended by its owner so much as kept in stasis, and a huge picture window declares that this house is absolutely not a fortress in any way, shape or form.

The owner, on the other hand, sits in stark contrast to the house: armored heavily from the waist up, including plates along her wing arms, Sage sits in Mourner shape on a boulder just in front of the garden. Aside from being covered in some serious steel, she looks like a perfectly normal Crested Black Mourner, save the white streak in her mane and the tiny red, blue, and white flecks in the membranes of her wings. Despite being female, her biceps are clearly defined and she doesn't have a lot in the way of curves around her waist area; a warlike body if ever there was one.

She's also roasting marshmallows over a little campfire.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:11:40 am by Sage R. »
The Human
The Dragon

I'm chiefly an IRCer, but I dabble in the forums on occasion.

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2013, 06:24:54 am »

Dav mutters to herself about the reaction to her spells, "Not much connection to the Elements here," she says. "I think the totems may be ok but the spell on my weapon which should last simply lost energy much too quickly."

She looks at the others. "I may be able to offer a little elemental help, but it looks like I'm probably going to be more 'cannon fodder' for this one."

After the response from Sage she adds in a lower voice, "Frivolous magic use. Hmph! No magic use is frivolous if it can save your life. Better I learned the effects now than when I really need my spells."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 06:27:47 am by Rhiann »
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Ocelico

• Neutral Guest
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2013, 07:09:56 am »

"Sage!"  One thing that hasn't changed between Ocelico's usual scrawny body and his current griffon body is the form and execution of his pounce.  Full body extension, spine arched to the same degree as the arc of his leap, tail streaming out behind him... and it appears as though being a griffon is remarkably suited for pouncing.  He's unlikely to surprise Sage (even if she wasn't pretty universally aware, she has, in fact, met him before), but if she doesn't stop him she will be the recipient of direct application of exuberant feline.  And a hug.

Kyle

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2013, 07:37:16 am »

Mia makes note to make sure she's noisy if she ever walks up behind Relapse and then checks on the magic user. "Are you sure you're okay? I mean you did just fall, right?" She'll only wait a moment before going in the direction indicated, looking up at the trees with a bit of idle 'whoa' at the sheer size. .oO(Good to know the trees are still much bigger than I am.)

The campfire comes as no surprise, because seriously smell all the things, the marshmallows are a pleasant surprise (if Sage is sharing) she figured her nose must have been making it up. "How does one properly address their friend turned god anyway?" She makes note of the armor, but doesn't say anything about it, armor just seems sensible to her.

The griffon sailing more or less past her face to tackle the only other Mourner really shouldn't have surprised her, but she still takes a startled step back. "...really should have seen that coming."
Just because you're blonde and from California doesn't mean you have big breasts and live at the beach ~Mia

Relapse

• Global Moderator
  • Junior Grade Poster
  • Official neenja
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2013, 02:29:43 pm »

Relapse's attention is taken from OmniSage by the soft 'thump' of Dav meeting the ground. With Mia already on her way to assit, the ninja raises an eyebrow at Dav's self evaluation.

"Nobody here is cannon fodder. You have your wits, new form, and knowledge of how your body reacts to your magic. Adapt."

The trip through the forest is a good opportunity to further experiment with his form, taking time out from the 'straight' path he jumps around and climbs trees - similar to how Dav tested her skills, Relapse isn't leaving any of his more physical aspects to chance either. With a limited ki pool, he will save testing that for later; and carefully at that. He's also giving thought to the answer given at Keith's earlier question.

.oO ( Flying. Hmmm. )

Sage's home, even given Wifflebottom's earlier and accurate description, draws Relapse's beak into an amused smirk before a shout and aerial Ocelico halts conversation for a moment or two.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2013, 05:19:30 pm »

With most people seeming to already know the Sage black crested mourner Rhade continues along. But stays closer to Dav in case she’s more winded than she let on. Testing powers seems like a good idea on the surface but then there is also pushing one’s luck. Physically he felt fine, and while he doesn’t sail through the air like Ocelico does, he does make a quick check to make sure he can sprint if he needed to.

He could test out powers, and the magic item he brought along, but he decides a nasty surprise is better than finding out how useless he is right at the beginning. Besides like the dragon climbing the tree said - he had his wits. Rhade has done a lot worse with a lot less.

He doesn't really have much to say as old friends greet each other, so he focuses on what he can do to be useful. He listens to what the others are saying and tries to keep a free eye out for anyone or anything approaching.

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2013, 08:38:09 pm »

"Nobody here is cannon fodder. You have your wits, new form, and knowledge of how your body reacts to your magic. Adapt."

"As a wise old Shaman once told me, 'Never assume. Just because one power has been blocked doesn't mean you can't use another.' I have the advantage of being good with weapons--well, in melee anyway--as well as my elemental powers. This has proven effective against those who 'thought' they'd weakened me by blocking my spells. Now I know that casting my spells may physically weaken me, though my totems themselves may still be effective. I have other spells I have not tested yet which may achieve greater, or lesser effects than they would in my native system. However, one thing hasn't changed--at least not as significantly for me as it might have for you. With the exception of this tail changing my balance, I have walked much like this since I was 'cursed' so long ago; to me it feels natural and honestly I can sense the advantage of the counterbalancing tail. I've already noticed that my stride is much smoother, meaning I might be able to achieve "Running Wild" speed without dropping to all-fours. My weapons don't 'feel' any heavier either, so I may be able to handle them equally well as I did before.

"Yes, I have my wits and the knowledge of how this form reacts to mana use. Now it's time to use those wits."

With that and while the rest greet Sage as a friend or acquaintance, Dav seeks within herself the source of her mana to attempt to determine what has changed. She follows that with a short meditation, seeking the Elements of this world and attempting to communicate with them--asking for their aid in her mission with the promise of her departure as soon as her task is finished.

((Sending PM to GM))
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2013, 02:55:47 am »

Keith feels a pang of concern for Dav as she falls down under the stress of casting her spells but Having another person crowding the proud woman probably wasn't going to be very helpful to her.

When the guardians arrive at the clearing with the person Occelio seems to think is Sage he'll cautiously approach the Guardian and (after spotting the marshmallows, something he'd helped the kitchen staff prepare on occasion as he floated between roles) ask her "Do you mind if we have some of those?"

Sage R.

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2013, 05:28:48 am »

Well, despite her general knowledge of Oce and all his Oceness, she wasn't completely planning on the pounce, but because of her general knowledge of Oce and all his Oceness, she manages not to drop her marshmallow--or the stick it's skewered on--as she tumbles off her perch with a griffin on top of her. The undignified "HNYRNK" noise on impact is unavoidable, though.

"Oce! Dammit! It's not done cooking yet!" Despite the cursing, she is laughing, and though she tried not to let herself 'bleed' too much, the other guardians might catch a strong emotional whiff of loneliness and giddiness at the same time, as the latter smacks into the former and beats it to unconsciousness for a little while. Outwardly, a Mourner kitted out for fighting is hugging a griffin roughly as big as she is like a teddy bear.

"Do you mind if we have some of those?"
"What? Yes, fine, have at, the sticks are scattered now but they're not that far away, I think..." She appears to be, somewhat reasonably one should think, distracted. In the wake of Oce's pounce, the sticks for the marshmallows went flying, and wound up all around the fire in the grass. It won't take long to find at least one to use.

Relapse, being a ninja, will probably have a small amount of respect for how effortless the leap from tree to tree is, the somewhat felinoid aspects of the griffin making themselves known in every bunch and spring of muscle and the reflexes thereof. They weren't actually cat-bird hybrids, but the griffins in Gaer shared a great deal with panthers.

Rhade will find that his body is quite well-suited for running. It felt like those legs could pump for hours before they actually gave up. Hunters at their core, Painted Dragons. Sadly, they didn't have the wings to make them the complete package, but then, Mourners are freaking huge and don't have anywhere near the endurance, so it seems a decent trade-off most of the time.

Dav has all the peace in the world to do her meditating, but she may not be pleased by the results.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 07:04:37 am by Sage R. »
The Human
The Dragon

I'm chiefly an IRCer, but I dabble in the forums on occasion.

Relapse

• Global Moderator
  • Junior Grade Poster
  • Official neenja
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2013, 12:00:58 pm »

Sliding down a nearby tree, Relapse chuckles as the unstoppable Oce meets omniscient Sage. Well, less meets more impacts. Relapse throughly enjoyed the feeling this form had moving through trees - while not having anywhere near the long experince Dav has or the natural cat tendencies that Oce displays, Relapse's ninjutsu style is called Way of the Tiger for a reason. He drops the last couple of dozen feet to the ground, rolling on contact and getting back to his feet. Not as smooth as usual, joints still need getting used to, but quite acceptable. The speedy-sprinty Rhade is given a nod of admiration for the turn of speed the dragon achieves before Relapse joins the others who are gathering toasting sticks.

.oO ( Seeing other Guardians at work is preparing for seeing natives at work. Twice as useful experimentation. )

While Relapse waits for the SageOce ball to disintangle before asking questions pertinent to the mission, Cupboard reappears and hoovers up some of the stray marshmallows before seating itself in the fire to make s'mores.

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2013, 07:48:17 pm »

Keith picks up one of the sticks along with a marshmallow and gets an idea for an experiment with his abilities; he knew both by warning and by observation that the use of magic (which he doubted the system would differentiate from psionics) came at a seemingly steep cost, but what about abilities that were simply always on?

Carefully, keith will hold the sugary treat in between his thumb and index finger nails and try to see how close he can get his hand (paw?) to the fire before the heat gets to be too much; as a burster immunity to heat was as natural and automatic as a heartbeat was to a normal person, so it was debatable whether he was actually using a power. Ultimately that debate was going to be settled in short order though as he very slowly put his hand towards the fire.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15