Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Derailed (CLOSED RP)  (Read 19658 times)

Ocelico

• Neutral Guest
Re: Derailed (CLOSED RP)
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 03:24:39 am »

Oce will have his CM set to a griffon form, the largest quadruped style available that's not going to be looked at as some form of mutant.  His gear set is going to be a bit more selective than usual - he can't leave the mechanical arm behind (though assuming it's going to be properly reimaged by the CM as well), and the gauntlets come with him of course, but his standby handguns and the big shotgun get left behind.  A random assortment of grenades and darts get packed in a belt, and for once he brings his helmet.  It might look a little odd griffon-formed, but it'll do a decent job of matching the gauntlets in terms of making it look like armor.  He may not exactly blend in, but he shouldn't be beyond their reasonable recognition.  As always, he's got and cares for all his own gear, so nothing special is needed.  He's also quite a bit more familiar with the situation than the briefing officer probably is personally, so no surprises or questions there.

Sage R.

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 05:29:16 am »

"What is the possibility that other-System powers will work, for instance my own World of Warcraft Shamanism which is an elemental-based magic? Granted, I'm big, strong and carry an axe and a hammer, but even those work best when I enhance them with elemental energies.
"For that matter, what about my shapeshifting? I know you mentioned that 'furry' is better, but with my rather large size, sometimes 'furry' is not better."

The greenshirt, whose name I finally decided is Wifflebottom just because, gestures at the packet in Dav's hands. "Other systems' magics work more or less as they're intended to within the system, but the difference comes with the manifestation of mana use. I'm told casting magic missile is akin to throwing a shot put 25 feet in terms of the fatigue it causes, for example.

"As far as your size is concerned, you've got nothing to worry about there. Worgen top out at what, about eight feet? The smallest sentient dragon race and griffin race both average about 7. You might have to explain why you're wolfish in appearance, but nobody would give the bulk or height second thought."

"Firearms are frowned upon does that include something like a bow and arrows or a cross-bow? Or just guns and high-tech projectile weaponry?"

((Recommendation for type of dragon one might pick to blend in better?))

Wifflebottom nods toward Keith, then adds, "Guns and tech higher than your run-of-the-mill medieval, generally. You might get away with a flintlock, but I wouldn't recommend it just because you'd probably be explaining it over and over again."

((I'll PM a short race list to everybody after this post is done))

“You mentioned other guardians disappearing, how long have they been missing and should we keep an eye out for them?”

"Hard to say the time, as the erasure caused by the anomaly is making it difficult for even GSS Russell to recall those missing for more than a few minutes. It's assumed that Vincent Byron is the only Guardian missing, however. Your primary objective right now is to investigate the anomaly, but obviously if you should spot any of our missing comrades, you should make the attempt to retrieve them."

When Rath's asks his question Relapse adds a follow up. "Can you supply us with pictures of the Guardians missing so we know who we are looking for?"

Wifflebottom nods. "I don't have any way of doing it at this precise moment, but after we're done here I'll have a mugshot for you."

"How insistent are you that we don't appear human? Is this like the CS where they'll just shoot on sight or just general distrust?"

"Yes and yes; the level of dislike for humans and human-looking creatures at the moment varies from person to person, but the average response is along the lines of curt civility, now go away." Wifflebottom sifts through his own packet for a moment. "There have been several skirmishes between humans and nonhumans of late, and most of them have ended with a few deaths if not stopped quickly enough. I should note that Painted Dragons are also a little bit tainted due to the defection of two tribes to the Manos Perdix cause, though it's much less pronounced due to racial biases."
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 05:31:59 am by Sage R. »
The Human
The Dragon

I'm chiefly an IRCer, but I dabble in the forums on occasion.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 03:13:31 pm »

When hearing that manifesting mana is hard in this system Rhade can’t help but look both curious and concerned.  The majority of his abilities relied on spiritual power… and sometimes his health… not mana to manifest, but the magic item he requested may have to use mana in some way to work properly.

When looking over the accompanying info packet on Gaer, he resolves to look like a painted dragon, mostly because of his own markings, his book, and microphone, though the term ‘ferocious warrior’ would never apply to him. Who knows? Maybe it might even help to have a painted dragon around if one of the tribes defected to the enemies, they were here to gather information after all.

When his own question is answered he makes note of the name of the guardian missing and resolves to look at the picture after the meeting. Not having much else to say, Rhade just sits quietly until he realizes this will be his first time turning into another creature. Then, slowly, excitement will build until he can’t contain it anymore.

((OOC Note: Rhade is my character’s name not Rath— Also many apologies for accidentally posting to the wrong thread.))
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 06:55:43 pm by Rath »

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 08:51:49 pm »

Dav goes through the briefing information again, reading a little more deeply this time.

"Could I get a little help with this CM thing, here? I think I'd prefer taking the form of a Painted Dragon since their overall size and shape aren't too different from my own and if that could be narrowed down to the tribe that has steel, it might offer some explanation for carrying this axe in particular. I guess I'll have to hope that I'm not mistaken for one of those who defected.

"My magics need not become evident until they are needed. Even then, ... well, I guess that's up to our party leader, isn't it? Who's going to be the Tank?"
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:57:57 pm by Rhiann »
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 11:44:26 pm »

Keith nods his head worriedly; he isn't eager to turn into something he's not and he doesn't want to leave his trusted shotgun behind, but he also doesn't want to make trouble so he'll go along with being changed into something else to serve the groups interest.

"I'll try out the griffin I guess. It will probably be best since I do use psionics and they're probably close enough to magic that I'll want to be able to use them as easily as possible."

Kyle

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2013, 06:59:03 am »

Even after nearly two weeks travel Mia still watches Cupboard with no little fascination. Come on, who hasn't heard stories about it? She shrugs when her question is answered, flipping through the contents of the folder now. "Hey, last time I asked an idiot question related to Gaer it turned out to be the right question to ask. I'd rather look like an idiot during the briefing than a trophy after we've arrived." She spends a few minutes reading over the various species offered debating with herself for a bit (because she's good at indecisiveness). "I'll go with Crested Black Mourner... for the sake of diversity." .oO(And because I like the idea of being a bloody huge dragon.)
Just because you're blonde and from California doesn't mean you have big breasts and live at the beach ~Mia

Relapse

• Global Moderator
  • Junior Grade Poster
  • Official neenja
    • My char profiles thread
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2013, 01:03:00 pm »

Feeling itself being watched, Cupboard vanishes from Relapse's shoulder in a trademarking infringing burst of green pixie dust, reappearing on Mia's shoulders. It now sports a wood-brown mane, which it swishes from side to side Fabio style, obviously approving of Mia's selection.

Having another look through the documents, Relapse puts them down to walk over and assist Dav with her CM.

"I will be a royal griffin, they are closer to my skill set."

.oO ( Now I just need to think of wear to hide my equipment, given what little they wear. )
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:14:43 am by Relapse »
This signature contains 400 ninja.
Relapse is one of them. Cupboard is not, and neither is Stephen.

Sage R.

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2013, 11:47:46 am »

Wifflebottom sniffs for a moment and scratches at his nose, then quips, "And I'll form the head! ... Sorry. Anyway, if that's all the questions you have, consider the briefing finished and yourselves officially on the clock. We'll be reaching the jaunt station in about 45 minutes now, so don't waste too much time noodling with your CM settings."

Ocelico's royal griffin turns out quite pretty--a subtle gradient of assorted electric blues like a monochrome aurora, and stripes so deep purple as to be almost black--and seems almost unthreatening as a result, despite rivaling Mia's chosen shape in terms of size. Relapse and Oce would probably be reminded more than a bit of Fate Blacktalon when looking at Mia's shape, although she stands at a very not-unthreatening 16 feet in height and her mane isn't white. Fortunately, said mane is also much, much shorter than Fate's, almost like a female military cut from the base of the neck up and, just like the males, said mane covers her throat.

Relapse and Keith don't get to strut their stuff quite so boldly as Oce, but then, even if they had the same coloration, anthromorphic royals aren't the size of pickup trucks. Neither of them bear striping, and Relapse's blues are all varying desaturated hues, giving him a faint, almost ghostlike appearance compared to either of the other two. Keith's fur and feathers, on the other hand, seem to be trying their best to burst into flame, and the shift from pale blue underbelly to warm blue topcoat reminds one of nothing so much as the burn from a butane torch.

Finally, Dav and Rhade seem a little bit... well, underdressed for this party, though the Rhade's blue scales and Dav's green are by far the most dazzling of the bunch. The fact that the markings born by most Painted Dragons are, well, paint, means the pair of them are as clean-scaled as the day their hypothetical identities were hatched. Wifflebottom just sorta smiles at them on his way out of the TV lounge.

"You two might want to sit down with a few sharpie markers while you've got time."

((I'd appreciate it if you'd all send me a short list of your loadout via PM, just so I don't have to constantly open six or seven extra tabs to check against profiles every time I write a new post further down the line. :D

For ease of reference, here's what you lot have chosen:
Dav and Rhade-- Painted Dragon
Ocelico, Keith and Relapse (my apologies, I don't seem to have any anthro drawings on my hard drive anymore)-- Royal Griffin
Mia--Crested Black Mourner  (obviously not male, though)

If I get the itch--and I may--I might also illustrate some of this thread. I guarantee nothing however!))
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 11:52:40 am by Sage R. »
The Human
The Dragon

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2013, 10:40:50 pm »

With the meeting done and over with, Rhade takes Wifflebottom’s suggestion and sits down with a sharpie marker. Part of him was giddy, he’d never had scales above water before. The light made the scales look dazzling, so it’s with some degree of disappointment he has ‘paint’ all over them. Easy come easy go.

When finished and dressed in a leather loin cloth, he’ll help Dav paint if needed, and then get his gear and get ready for the trip out. He is happy his request for a decanter of endless water has been approved, but the warning about the system and its use of mana could make the decanter less effective than he hoped. He nods gravely at all associated warnings with using the magic item, and hopes it will never be used.

((OOC: Rhade is bringing a satchel, some local currency, extra jaunt beacon, a way to light a fire (flint and steel or something to that effect) and finally the Decanter of Endless Water. The book and microphone he uses can both be manifested – but considering the nature of the system, he is going to probably carry the book with him and leave the microphone dematerialized.))

Kyle

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 04:47:03 am »

Mia freezes for a second when Cupboard suddenly appears on her shoulder and chuckles at the Fabio hair toss it does. "Yes, yes, most attractive." She murmurs before resuming paying attention to Wifflebottom.

For some reason she'd forgotten the mane when she chose to be a Mourner, wings she's had before, the mane and her new size is what will take getting used to. .oO(Well, so much for my usual staff. I wonder if there are any small trees laying about to use.) The remainder of the jaunt for her will be spent making sure she's appropriately dressed and has all her limbs coordinated so she won't leave a swath of destruction the size of a freeway every time she moves.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 08:22:14 am by Kyle »
Just because you're blonde and from California doesn't mean you have big breasts and live at the beach ~Mia

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2013, 05:08:53 am »

No 'Sharpie™' marker for Dav, she heads to supply and asks for hyacinth-purple paint and a medium-wide brush (about 2"). Then, facing a mirror, she begins painting spirals, circles and dots on her body, some that could be thought of as accenting certain -- a hrumm (clearing of throat sound) -- assets while others seem designed to pull attention away from others. Most, purely decorative until some gamer in the group might recognize them as Worgen Druid markings. Finally, she dons whatever typical leather garb a female Painted Dragon might wear, belts her axe and hammer at her hips and finishes up with the pouches needed for her skill and talent set. She may not be as fully painted as Rath, but the effect is quite striking.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:58:22 am by Rhiann »

Will there be others?

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2013, 11:48:33 pm »

Keith doesn't use much equipment; a blessing considering the way the locals seemed to have such a strong aversion to it. For his part, He goes about getting himself the kilt thingy that Royal griffins used and strings a pouch onto the belt to hold his two remaining pieces of equipment: a flashlight that could be powered by magic and his Lightblade. Aside from that, he decides to avoid carrying anything else both because he doesn't particularly want to draw attention to himself and also because he isn't sure what else he should bring.

While waiting for the ship to deliver them to the system Keith begins testing out his new shape, trying to get used to how his new form moves and works. He doesn't want to trip over his own feet afterall if things get crazy out there.

Sage R.

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2013, 09:57:30 am »

Once everyone has gotten more or less accustomed to their new shapes--their new and in some cases extremely large shapes--and geared up, they are directed to the airlock post haste, arriving just in time to hear the low boom of the ship meeting the jaunt station for docking. It's about half a minute or so before the airlock actually opens and the team is allowed to pass through the station, which is pretty much exactly what happens; two steps out of the airlock and everyone disappears from the station in the trademark golden infinity sigil. The station was not meant for occupants, and is, in fact, designed for precisely two functions: keeping pace with a mobile system, and creating what amounted to a controlled jaunt wormhole.

The team arrives in the middle of a clearing, at the start of a path that, while made relatively recently, is already well worn down to nearly bare dirt, despite the height of the grasses surrounding them reaching even the 7-foot-tall Dav's knees. The air is warm and slightly humid, tasting faintly of frost as though spring had only just begun, and birdsong (although distant) is everywhere. Despite the cacophony of nature, there's still an almost serene quality about the place, even though the area they're standing in is obviously nothing more than a supply road. Trees were visible, although distant, having been deliberately cleared away from the path for more supplies and for safety's sake.

For the dragons, I CAN SMELL ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING THAT EVER WAS, IS, OR SHALL BE about sums up the initial impression of their new noses. The griffins will be somewhat less overwhelmed by their schnoz, but rather floored by their eyes, the likes of which make it very easy to be distracted by ants on a tree 50 yards away. If the magic users are expecting any sort of special tone in the air or harmonic vibration or similar thing from the surroundings, they'll probably be surprised to get absolutely nothing from the organic or inorganic objects around them that suggests magic even exists, let alone that it can be wielded here.

Sage is kind enough to allow them a few minutes to figure out how to parse the influx of sensory data before she intrudes on their calm, what can only be described as a loud murmur rumbling through their heads. It doesn't really feel like telepathy, so much as one's entire being resonating to a frequency which inexplicably aligns with that of thought.
::Some of you I recognize, some of you I don't. Hi, Oce. A distinct pleasure to see you here, 'Lapse. ... Isn't Ten going to freak out on you, Mia? ... Never mind. Glad everybody volunteered. You'll want to head directly away from the path to get to the house, and then I can stop doing this in your brains.

::In the interest of saving time, though, you're going to be heading out to find a storyteller, a painted dragon by the name of Tembat. He's well known by pretty much every major tribe, clan and town on the continent, although he doesn't belong to any of them and was officially disowned by all the Painted tribes. He's the one that's been spreading the story of this anomaly. I'm very interested to learn if he's telling anybody else things he isn't telling me, and what people are doing immediately after he's told them the story.::

((My apologies for the delay, everybody; I've had a bit of a hectic week at work and been coming home just to pass out, more or less. Shouldn't happen very often!))
The Human
The Dragon

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2013, 03:53:39 pm »

Not shocked by the sudden influx of aromas (though cataloging them in any case) due to her Wolven nature, Dav chooses to run a quick and hopefully minor test of her connection to the Elements here by first dropping a single Healing Stream totem to determine its effects, then casting Frostbrand Weapon on her hammer for the same purpose. Once she gets a feel for their effects, she cancels both, yelping and almost literally jumping out of her 'skin' with the odd form of communication when it comes.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 04:13:06 am by Rhiann »

Will there be others?

Kyle

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2013, 06:43:39 pm »

Mia's eyes water when she can suddenly smell all the things and she realizes there are things in the world she could definitely have lived without ever smelling. Just about the time she's looked at her surroundings there's the sense of being a tuning fork accompanied by words from a friend she hasn't talked to in much too long. Despite the odd sense of resonance she can't help grinning at Sage's question. .oO(There's the tiniest possibility he's not happy about this, yes.) Doesn't even matter if the GSS/God can hear her.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15