Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Nothing's ever easy (semi-open RP)  (Read 9081 times)

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
Re: Nothing's ever easy (semi-open RP)
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 06:05:50 pm »

"Doctor," Rhiann's telekinetic voice replies, "You're the lead here. I'm going to follow your excisions to work the healing. All I ask as that someone remain aware of my fluid use and ensure I remain supplied until the surgery is done.

"After that, I think Gaddez has 'invited' me to observe his memories of this last mission, but I can't be certain. Whatever happened, it seems obvious he wanted my attention on the matter."
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 03:49:36 am »

The doctor nods her head as she goes to work carefully removing palm sized pieces of the cauterized flesh, revealing the second layer of freshly generated skin underneath. The process will be slow and fairly tedious, but thanks to Rhiann's efforts Gaddez will come away from this more or less looking like he should.

Except for the hair. That'll grow back naturally, but for a little while he's going to be a cueball.

Meanwhile, the orderly who has gotten so many IV feeds from the supply cabinet has been gathering more sucrose for rhiann; presently their are 6 bags sitting on a nearby bench ready to be swapped in at a moments notice.

When Rhiann is ready, she will be able to head back into gaddez's mind.

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 05:17:56 pm »

Slow it is; tedious it is; but not nearly as slow nor tedious as typical healing or even using the regeneration tanks which still rely on the body's own healing capabilities. No, as the Sauk priestess had described, Gaddez' body heals at a remarkable rate which the sensors verify by the reduced stress indicators for pain, heart rate and others. After a mere twelve hours or so, Gaddez' body is whole again and even the scars are beginning to fade when Rhiann finally comes up for 'air'. By the time they finish, the surgeon, the tech and Rhiann work as a team to the point none has to tell another what task needs doing when. The surgeon and the tech both also understand why Rhiann resigned her position as the chief of medical, choosing to focus on individual cases rather than trying to follow every case through normal procedures.

"We're done here, I believe," she tells the others. "You know what to do with him now.
"I want to rest a short while before going back in to learn what happened. I'd suggest the same for you, too. I agree with your reasoning behind wanting to learn what happened as soon as possible, but I don't think another hour or two will make much difference, do you?.
"Why don't you join me in the cafeteria once you clean up here and we'll discuss our strategy?"

With that, even though it was taped in place, the IV in her arm literally pops out without any outside influence, taking the tape with it. She reaches over to the controller and shuts it off, turning to the tech as she rises to her feet.
"Thank you for your help, you did well. Would you tell your relief to set this up in Gaddez' recovery room and program it for quarter-speed drip? What comes next won't need the same constant monitoring we just had and I don't see any reason to make you stay. I think the doctor here will agree with me if you take the day off tomorrow to be with your family.
"Oh, and once this is over, I'll come to visit your children. I didn't know they were such fans of mine."

Will there be others?

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 06:36:59 am »

The one odd thing about the operation that Rhiann will notice is that throughout the excision of the cauterized skin, is that Gaddez maintains a tight grip on the staff. Indeed, any attempt to remove it from his hand results in him only gripping it harder to the point where it seems like the only way to get it out from their would be to break his fingers.

Other then that though, the operation is a success and both she and the two medical personel will be able to grab a bite from the cafeteria before proceeding. Good thing too, since everyone is fairly exhausted.

The Assistant smiles when Rhiann addresses him "I think Jacob and Vivi would like that."

The surgeon (Who's name is Chelsea), snorts when Rhiann brings up asking gaddez questions "That would be GFC Tom Jackson's desire, not mine; he's part of the disciplinary branch of Admin and from what I've heard he has a keen interest in Gaddez. First thing he wants when he gets down their is to start asking him questions, and when he learns that Gaddez is unconscious he wanted me to give him an adrenaline shot to wake him up. Had to explain to him that in his condition trying a stunt like that would probably kill him before Gaddez could form more then a handful of words.

"Calling you in was a halfway decent compromise, since he could get information that may (or may not) have incriminated him and it gave me the help I needed to help the orc recover in a much shorter time period. Odds are he'll be out for a few more days, but he should be able to recover a hell of a lot faster then he would have 'naturally'".

"This whole thing though has some wierd bits to it though. When he appeared on the platform, he was holding that staff and one of his pistols, his forcefield generator was busted and the worst burns were on his back. Like, he has two pistols so why was he holding the staff? Why wasn't he using one of his bigger guns if he was that hard up? Who the hell was he picking a fight with that could take him down? If he isn't afraid of anything then why was he running from a fight?"

"On top of that... how does he get cooked like a 3 dollar steak and that stick he has a death grip on doesn't show the slightest hint it was anywhere near a fire? Thing wasn't even hot when I put the fire from his clothes out."

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 04:33:50 pm »

Cafeteria --taking a break with the doctor (Chelsea)

The vixen sinks her fangs through the rind of a tangelo and starts sucking the juices as she listens to Chelsea's questions. Despite her non-human features, the human guesses the vixen is grinning by the end of the last question.

"There can be no logical answer when Magick is involved, Doctor. Even I have used a staff of that sort on occasion to help focus my energies. It's not surprising that he won't--or can't--let go of it." She pauses to pick up a plum and pop it whole into her mouth, where it makes a disgusting *squish* before her jaws close completely around it. "Mmm, that's a juicy one!"

"As I was saying, Magick is involved with that staff. At a guess he was trying to keep it out of the hands of someone who may really know how to use it and simply didn't have two hands free to wield his more powerful weapons. The fact that he still won't let go despite being unconscious could be that he's 'locked' that grip into his subconscious or the staff itself may have bound itself to him. Being what he is I'm sure he's at least familiar with what magick is and what it can do but I don't know if he has any ability to manipulate it himself or not."

"That leads to the rest of this 'mission'. Were it not for a couple flashes of imagery I received while I was healing him, I would choose to wait until after he awakens on his own--whether GFC Jackson demanded faster action or not. I don't deny I have the power to push through almost anyone's defenses who isn't otherwise invisible to PSI, but to do so without their permission is tantamount to rape--the victim never gets over it and it could turn Gaddez into a very powerful enemy of the Guardians. If GFC Jackson pushes, remind him that he could learn very quickly what kind of enemy Gaddez and I could make.

"As it is, I 'think' Gaddez invited me in, but I'm still not certain. His surface thoughts were sealed away in a manner I'm not familiar with--more like he's built a near-impenetrable wall around them--or had one built. It didn't 'feel' magickal in nature, but I have to admit I'm not familiar with all forms of magic. I'm going to go back in and see just how hard he resists my presence before I make any promises on getting the information GFC Jackson wants. If that 'wall' was constructed by Gaddez himself--and I think I know his personality well enough to tell--then I'm going to recommend waiting for him to recover on his own. If not--if it's a magical construct or a personality obviously not Gaddez', then I'll attempt to punch in and find out what's going on.

"Fair?"

Will there be others?

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 07:28:18 am »

Chelsea nods her head when Rhiann makes her points but tilts her head and replies "There's one part that doesn't jive about the magic staff: why the hell would Gaddez risk his life for a piece of magic hardware? I mean, he's a hardware junky. A guy who's always chasing bigger guns, bigger explosives, better tech. He's never shown any aptitude for magic, who knows if he could even get an enchanted staff to work..."

"One other thing; The reason you might be having trouble getting into Gaddez's head. He's supposed to be a genius with an IQ north of 300 and he's in a coma. Maybe his consciousness is buried under his subconcious? Or theres just mores stuff floating around in his noggin."

Picking up her tray as she gets Chelsea says to the priestess "Anyways, I'm going to head back to my bunk for a few hours of sleep. If you're up for it you can head back to try and go spelunking in his mind again, barry should be coming on shift soon and he'll be able to help you with anything else you might need."

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 05:02:04 pm »

Rhiann finishes her plate just as quickly, rushing through the last few fruits as she walks with Chelsea to the bussing station.

"It may be that Gaddez intended to keep the staff out of somebody else's hands--whatever power it holds could be catastrophic in the wrong user's hands.

"I think the crew has had time to get him settled in a room so I'll head back there now. This may be one case where my higher metabolism and less need for sleep may be an advantage. If I can, I'll try to let you in on what I find out."

With that, the vixen heads straight for Med to check on Gaddez' condition.

Will there be others?

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2013, 08:56:27 am »

When Rhiann returns, she finds that gaddez has been moved to the recovery wing and hooked up to the usual menagerie of hospital machinery (hear monitor, IV feed, etc.) for a coma patient. If it wasn't for the fact that Rhiann had seen him as badly injured as he was several hours before, she could have easily been fooled into believeing he was simply sleeping and subject to some sort of prank involving removal of all of his hair.

Barry, one of the young orderlies who is filling out paperwork smiles and waves to rhiann as she enters. "Michael told me about your needs while you are performing, and I've seen what I can do about making sure you are taken care of."

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2013, 10:26:35 pm »

Rhiann nods to the new orderly, acknowledging how everything is set up for her. She checks the chair next to the gurney and realizes it's not going to be as comfortable as the one she used in the operating room. Rather than asking for assistance, she levitates the chair and walks it easily out of the room, then finds a much older, broad-framed oaken chair with a soft cushion in the seat to take back. Settling it near the head of the gurney, she takes a cross-legged pose similar to a stereotypical native American one and wriggles a bit to settle herself almost immovably in place. She lets Barry insert the sucrose IV, making it easy for him, then ensures the feed rate is slow enough to last while fast enough to keep her near peak efficiency.

"Barry," she orders before beginning her task, "I don't care who it is or what may be happening, I do not wish to be disturbed in any manner unless it is a matter of life or death. If Gaddez fights me, things could get violent. I won't be able to prevent any damage should Gaddez starts fighting.  I also know Security has certain demands. If they try to interrupt me it is possible I may lash out as well. In my way, I could do as much damage as Gaddez. Either way, keep everyone out of here. That includes yourself. Understood?"

With that, she lays both hands lightly on Gaddez' head and dips her own, her nose mere inches from that now-bald head.

Rather than trying to pierce the 'wall', she spreads her mind over it like a blanket, seeking any perceptual leak of data--hoping for a more specific invitation rather than needing to force her way in.

Will there be others?

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 01:54:19 am »

Barry nods as he receives the instructions from Rhiann and helps her get situated.

When the priiestess again makes contact with gaddez and tries to find a way in, she'll find that much like before entrance is fairly easy but again she finds herself in the same area she was on the first attempt, though this time there seems to be more things going on in the background; perhaps since he is in a more stable condition more of his thoughts are active?

One other thing is different; Rhiann's "positioning" in gaddez's thoughts is slightly different and she is able to get a vague sense of a conscious mind coming from the cabin, where she can see the orc hammering nails into the steps of a porch. Something is different though about him though; his hair is shorter and (as he appears to be wearing nothing other then a pair of overalls rhiann will be able to observe) that there is no trace of his cyber-armor.

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 03:57:32 am »

Rhiann adapts herself into the scene, though she takes on the image of her Priestess garb as she approaches the cabin. She doesn't try to conceal her presence, openly walking up and stopping just before reaching Gaddez.

"Greetings, my friend," she opens, trying to watch and 'feel' all around her as she talks. "Do you need help with that?"

Will there be others?

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 05:58:03 am »

As Rhiann approaches the cabin, the environment sort of fades into view; you're on a small hill overlooking a nearby lake surrounded by a forest... and the more you look around you the more information you pull in; You know exactly how many trees are within a thousand meters of the house, the length of the planks in the walls of the house their weight, the various shapes and structures they could be restructured into, the color of the wood as both RBG coding and the artistic title... all of it begins being presented before rhiann as a sort of buzzing sound that almost sounds like a certain orc mumbling.

When Gaddez hears Rhiann speak he stands up and turns around and it almost feels like looking at someone completely different. His face doesn't have the same weathered look to it and there are far less lines laugh lines framing it. His eyes though... those eyes sparkle with a youth and joy that hasn't been in his eyes in a very long time.

There is a sense of absolute contentment coming from Gaddez, as though working here on this porch he has actually achieved everything he or anyone else could ever want for.

Smiling easily to rhiann he offers her the hammer. "Sure thing miss. Didn't know we had any Kankoran in the area, let alone ones with wings."

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 09:23:14 pm »

"You know me, Gaddez," she replies immediately, taking the hammer. "My name is Rhiann, and I am Sa'uk, not Kankoran. You have visited my world of Sau'du."

The vixen is not one to take imagery at face value, especially when it is so different from what she expects of someone she's at least acquainted with. This--environment--is another construct, though strangely she feels this isn't one put up by Gaddez himself.

Very carefully, she attempts to morph the environment slightly--well, more than slightly--by trying to turn the lake into an ocean-front beach that Gaddez himself should recognize. The 'hammer' morphs into a strange-looking almost-translucent white two-ended blade looking something like an oversized woodworking skive made from the baleen of a Sau'du Blade Shark. She rests one handle on the ground, leaning on it much like a cane.

Will there be others?

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 10:37:29 pm »

When the scenery changes and rhiann pressses gaddez she feels an overwhelming sense of confusion and a sort of whizzing of imagery as the orc attempts to match the sounds, imagery and smells with some memory and finding none.

The name of Rhiann's homeworld excites a memory however, and suddenly Rhiann is presented with a new scene from the perspective of the orc; this time inside of gaddez's lab in the R&D department from 6 years ago.
The orc is pouring over information on Rhiann's file, going through publicly available information on rhiann and drinking in every bit of information as he goes over everything from height and weight to range of abilities and notes on how she appears to have multiple separate incarnations. Theres an underlying mix of impish ammusement and romantic overtones as he reads the notes.

Going through the notes he continues to read up on the changeling's rhiann gathered, then to Sa'uk culture in general and finally to Sau'du's known status and history. Immediately the notes on the presence of macrofauna, the Sa'uk's emnity for the Par'du (as well as the basis there of) and the presence of large pockets of radiation flag themselves as concern notes. Still, there is another thing that catches his eye; the notation that changelings from both Sa'uk and Par'du species had a desire to end the conflict.

The thought process shifts as he reads the notes on the priestesses homeworld. Where-as before he had been looking for information to arrange a date, Gaddez was now motivated by a desire to do something more noble, to help the people of Sau'du.

As fast as it happens, the memory distorts and Rhiann will find herself back at the cabin, but gaddez is back to his present age. He glances around the scenery and then back at rhiann with a confused expression on his face.

"Rhiann... the hell is going on?"
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 12:11:44 am by Ashla »

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2013, 04:22:52 am »

Rhiann conceals the fact that she received the sudden flood of data which--at least in its way--seems quite embarrassing. However, she smiles at the fact that for the moment Gaddez seems a little more in control of himself, though the scenery has reverted. At his query, she replies:
"You're not the only one asking that question, Gaddez. I have to tell you now that I'm in your mind--just below surface level. You were recalled to Outpost in critical condition with your armor practically welded to your spine and holding some sort of staff." She sends a brief image of his appearance when she first entered the surgery.
"With my help, the surgeons were able to remove and repair most of the damage, but your armor was destroyed. And, at the moment I have to say your hair is mostly gone--burned off by whatever blast hit you.

"Can you tell me what happened?"

Will there be others?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7