Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Cascades (Closed RP) - Finished  (Read 6035 times)

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
Re: Cascades (Closed RP)
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2013, 05:33:00 pm »

"Ah, very nice." Is all the Amberite says at first as he continues to digest the impact of what Nick was telling him. "So a new line of scribes to act as counter to the false scribe. That will put quite the kink in his plans, now won't it?" The part of him that detested Avenger spared a thought for how much this would screw things over for him as well. He smiles. "Thank you."

Tiernan purses his a lips a moment as a thought occurs to him, "Is it fair to assume that these new scribes would be willing to work with my allies, the Guardians? At least for now? I think it would probably be in everyone's best interests if we weren't at cross purposes in dealing with a mutual problem."

He is very careful to mention the Guardians as only his allies; too many seem to mistake him for an actual Guardian and should he be wrong in his assumption he appreciated having some distance between he and them.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2013, 09:52:30 pm »

“Well of course I can’t guarantee anything. It all depends on whomever Bethany’s trains up. However if you are worried about a war starting over night, that won’t be happening. It’s not like our goals are mutually exclusive.” The label of the Guardians as ‘allies’ does cause the chaliceborn to raise an eyebrow.

“The sad truth is, some of the old guard will probably look for a fight, you don’t get to be that old without being very aggressive concerning your agenda – but for the most part we are at a huge disadvantage right now – fighting you and your allies would just be stupid. That’s my own opinion at least.” Nick shrugs and starts getting ready to head off. If Tiernan doesn't have any other questions he’ll be leaving.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2013, 03:58:24 pm »

"That's fair...and about all I could hope for, really. Thanks for answering me." Noting that Nick was readying himself to go his own way,  Tiernan offers the Chaliceborn a friendly wave as he turns towards the Outpost. "If you need anything you know where to find me...and how to reach me, I assume. Take care." Seeing as how this seemed to mark the end of their encounter, Tiernan starts walking away.

His mind is already forming the words that he would need to include in the report he sends off to the Guardians. Mentioning the work he did in Everwish was crucial, not to mention a slightly edited version of his adventure in that Dark Sun world. A word of warning about Agrippa was of course necessary, though Tiernan would omit the regret he felt at having missed the opportunity to kill the man. He would also have to mention his discussion with Nick, up to and including a warning not to mess with this new group of Scribes.

oO(They might be a threat in the future but for now it's best if the Guardians play nice with whatever group Betty forms. With all the power at our beck and call, even we have a hard time with the False Scribe and his cronies. Any help we can get would be handy...and in the meantime, we can collect what knowledge we can to protect against this new group if we have to. And someday they really might have to...unless the right cards are played.)

Tiernan has arrived in his quarters by the time he finishes that last thought. He discovers that he is alone upon entering which suits him just fine. A note is hastily left for Jack to advise that he was back and wasn't to be disturbed. His handwriting, normally neat and tidy, was visibly drawn out shaky. This is left on their fridge where his roomie was likely to grab a soda after his shift. Tiernan then walks the last few steps needed to reach his bedroom where he strips off his clothes and falls fast asleep. He doesn't even have time to pull up the covers.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2013, 03:46:41 pm »

Nick will offer a closing wave in return. The cascade already knew he was marked and why – he’d offer a place for Tiernan to learn more about it, but the amberite seemed uninterested. Nick had nothing left to do but bring back an unexpected seed of hope to his comrades.

((OOC: And this ends the thread… thanks for participating.))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]