Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Cascades (Closed RP) - Finished  (Read 5986 times)

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
Re: Cascades (Closed RP)
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 08:29:31 pm »

Tiernan almost laughed aloud at the absurdity of what happened. Of course the construct would stand guard over the fallen body. Now he had a true problem on his hands; were he to actually attempt to make it to the door there was no avoiding an encounter with the guardian. Still, there was some hope here. He had heard the Mul begin to speak, and thought it had only been a few words it might be enough for the Amberite given his his experience in disguises and manipulation.

His plan depended on how intelligent this construct was. Hopefully it was incredibly stupid.

In his best approximation of the Mul's voice, Tiernan will attempt to "throw" his own such that it seems to emanate at or near the fallen creature and say, "The master wants you to investigate over by those sand dunes over there.* Seems there might have been a visitor what arrived thataways." It wasn't the best of plans, even he could admit that, but it was all he had short of trying to barrel his way past the creature.

OOC: I wasn't sure of the direction the tower had been in relation to Tiernan, so I avoided using north/south/east/west in my post. But Tiernan is basically trying to sic the construct on the location he'd Trumped in from. (Edit to fix my OOC note! AGAIN.)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 11:31:31 pm by Faye »

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 04:22:02 pm »

The construct pauses for an agonizing moment, almost as if processing what’s going on. While Tiernan’s mimic of the Mul is far from perfect, the construct had no idea why the Mul was on the ground or why checking out the dunes was a good idea.

Tiernan can see from his vantage point the construct abandons its post and stomps over to the great dune with alacrity and noise. The screeching glass monstrosity seems to start climbing the sand dune, but as the sand starts slipping out from under its feet, the construct finds actually getting up the hill to be quite an ordeal.

The Mul is making some incoherent noises, but the contrast doesn't seem to be paying any more attention to him.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:24:08 pm by Rath »

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 05:07:05 pm »

Tiernan makes his move when the glass construct begins struggling with the sand dune. With great focus and speed he crosses the distance between his hiding spot and the Mul, who he picks up and drags into the tower with him. oO(Never seen one of these guys before, but if my Pattern Sight is right he's got a constitution not too different from a dwarf. Meaning the paralytic won't last as long as it's designed for...)

He pauses on the threshold long enough to ascertain any immediate dangers; provided that it appears safe to do so, he'll enter the tower and close the door behind him. The Mul will be deposited in a nearby alcove, then bound and gagged with pieces of cloth that Tiernan rips from the hem of his jacket. The material was strong, but not so much that an Amberite couldn't rip it to pieces.

Fixed to the inside of the gag is another pouch of the paralytic; if the Mul struggles too much he'll inhale another dose. oO(I could use something a little stronger, but in the event that this goes pear-shaped it'll work in my favor that I didn't kill him. Maybe. Unless he breaks free. Mmm, but I can't anticipate all events...and that's part of the fun, really.)

OOC: Edit for typo...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:28:01 pm by Faye »

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 06:00:38 am »

As Tiernan drags the Mul into the tower, he’ll see the construct start a sand-slide, which starts to bury its legs in sand. It appears the construct will be busy with its struggle for a few minutes at least.

Other than a few easily avoided magical traps in the entrance way, the small antechamber is empty. The stairs are actually crumbling and falling to pieces. A door opposite to the entrance stands slightly ajar with a sickly green light pouring through the cracks. The alcove is easily accessible and the Mul does little more than mumble as he’s being gagged.

Peeking towards the slightly ajar room, Tiernan can hear tortured moans coming from the other side of the door.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 03:28:59 pm »

oO(I wonder if those were the moans I heard from outside. Naturally loud at times or...amplified, maybe?) Intensely curious but dispassionate, Tiernan carefully and quietly heads over to the door that was ajar. Once there, he tries to get a visual of a portion of the interior without having to actually move the door. That sickly green light didn't bode well and he half expected to see some grotesque experiment taking place.

OOC: Small action for now but Tiernan shall do more on my next post!

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 05:47:44 pm »

The sight that greets Tiernan’s eyes does not disappoint his expectations.

Cages line the walls, many contain corpses or unconscious and withered barely clothed people – no effort has been made to clean the cages in quite a while so the horrific aroma is almost overpowering.  A drain is in the middle of the room, a huge iron grate is on top of it. Strung up towards the back of the room is a terrified woman, her hands are bound over her head and her feet dangle uselessly an inch above the ground, chained together. On either side her are two unconscious men similarly strung up. A red and gold figure with black hair and beard walks over to her with a vial in his hands.

“Now you have to drink this, don’t spill it like last time or I’ll prolong your agony even more.” He says this in smooth calm tones as he approaches her. “You need to forget or the essence of your pain and horror will be diluted.” There is evidence of a broken vial on the ground close to the woman.

A table with tools laid out lines the left side of the room, and tools are proudly displayed on the wall – many of them are familiar instruments of torture. Though there is not much in the way of cover aside from the scant cover provided by the cages the room is fairly small, Tiernan could cross from one end to the other in a few good strides.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 03:36:06 pm »

The sight that greets his eyes is not an unfamiliar one. His former master, Rathe, had such a torture room at his disposal once upon a time. In fact, Tiernan can distinctly recall having been on the receiving end of a couple tortures during his conditioning period. Later on, that same room had been used by Tiernan himself on a few would-be assassins or enemies of the estate. Ah, memories.

In the here and now, Tiernan slips into the room. His ears are tuned to listen to what the man was saying, his enhanced eyes roaming about to ensure his path across the room was a safe one. As he crosses, silent as can be, he steals a few glances towards the apparent man-in-charge to ascertain whether his objective was around his neck.

Not knowing what was in that vial, Tiernan holds back to allow the man to do his business. He wasn't about to risk exposure to whatever that was just for the sake of a quick retrieval. Ducking down behind one of the cages, he readies a pair of throwing knives (one in each hand) while watching to see what would happen next. The girl didn't matter to him and neither did the man assailing her and as he'd said many times in the past, he was no hero. He was simply here to get a job done.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 04:12:07 pm »

When Tiernan approaches he can see that the woman is incapable of alerting her captor to his presence, it appears her eyes have been gouged out. With no obstructions between him and his goal, Tiernan can see the target of his search glinting around the man’s neck.

The man in question uses one hand to pry open the woman’s mouth while lifting the elixir to her lips with his other hand.

“Now forget everything, when I visit you again in an hour you’ll be screaming anew.” Tiernan can hear the man’s smile in amongst the softly spoken words. The elixir seems to be a memory erasing mixture, and he’s using it to torture the same victims over and over again, for what purpose? That hasn’t been seen yet.

Now that he’s in the room he can see tiny vials on the table – similar to the vials Tiernan’s used for poison – small concealable – but these vials have a glowing ether like substance in them.

The man has not noticed Tiernan yet.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 08:01:54 pm »

Tiernan spares a moment to imagine a sense of pity for the mutilated woman. Hers was truly a cruel fate; no sight and no way to fend off her torturer from what appeared to be repeated visitations of horror. He supposed that she must be mad by now or very near to it. She was also a convenient distraction.

While the man  was busy pouring the strange elixir into the bound woman's mouth, Tiernan creeps up behind him. He is careful not to bump into anything lest he give away his presence, though he will increase his speed relative to the amount of elixir that has yet to pass the woman's lips. If timed correctly, he should reach the man just as the vial empties.

Tiernan drops down and delivers a swift, precise sweep of the legs designed to take the man off his feet. Provided that success is on his side, his followup would be to bear down on the man with all his weight, a dagger to his neck and the other (the one in his right hand) ready to bite into anything that moved. "Stay still and I won't need to hurt you." He warns.

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2013, 09:31:24 pm »

The take down goes off without a hitch as the man thumps down on the ground hard with an audible ‘oof’. As Tiernan presses the dagger against the man’s throat a look of pure outrage crosses his face. One moment he is there, and the next he is across the room – teleported.

“How dare you!” the man’s eyes burn with hatred as his faces twists into a grotesque mask. The man doesn't say anything else, but he does throw a fireball at Tiernan, a large blazing inferno rushes towards the Amberite.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 03:43:41 pm »

Tiernan stabs downwards the moment that the man seemingly moves. Since the man had actually teleported, this has little effect except to cause Tiernan to snap that dagger. Quickly, he discards it (freeing up his right hand) and rises to dodge what was apparently a fireball hurtling his way. He sighs, "...well, that's a little excessive."

He heads to the right and leaps up to grab with one hand at one of the many chains dangling from the ceiling. Momentum should carry him in an arc that swings around the fireball, though if he was off he didn't mind a slight bit of singed clothing. It came with the territory sometimes. As he swings, his left hand lets loose with the dagger it yet carried. His target this time was the gap between the man's right shoulder and his torso.

He will follow his dagger towards the man by letting go of the chain at the completion of his arc.

OOC: I know it wasn't explicitly stated that there were chains, but given that these people are being tied up, cages need to be elevated, etc...it seemed a fair assumption to make. Also, action! Naturally, everything is merely an attempt and no assumption is made of success. XD

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 05:10:34 pm »

Singed clothing aside the concussive force of the fireball hitting the wall (and the poor blind woman and the two chained up prisoners beside her) is enough to knock Tiernan down from the chains, but not before Tiernan has the satisfaction of seeing his dagger hit the mark perfectly.

Amongst the painful screams of those being burned alive is the scream of outrage as his target reels from the wound before holding out his hand and pointing towards Tiernan. Lightning begins to crackle.

Oddly though the spell seems to drain power from every living thing around the mage – Tiernan can see in the pattern that the spell is gathering power from everything around it – and it’s trying to include Tiernan by sapping life from the Amberite.

OOC I’m not sure how the pattern defense works in this case. So it’s an attempt.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2013, 05:27:31 pm »

His landing is a little rougher than he might have liked but despite a quick jolt of pain and the awful smell of his clothing being singed, the Amberite is otherwise all right. This just so happens to be an especially good thing as it puts him in a position to immediately catch on to the fact that his opponent's magic was trying to drain life from him.

Naturally, this elicits an inward smile from Tiernan. oO(It's times like this where I really appreciate my old man. Though, there's only so much time before it penetrates my pattern defenses. They're strong but not impregnable, not yet.)

He spares no thought for the state of the poor torture victims; there was nothing he could do for them, anyway. Not with this strange magic trying desperately to get past his protection. No, he had no time for such distractions even if he was inclined to do anything to help them.

Instead, what he does is dart forward quickly while the mage was still powering up his spell. There was a small window here within which he could act freely and Tiernan intended to make the most of it. With all the speed he could muster, he tries to close the gap and kicks at the left most side of his opponent's solar plexus.

He is careful to use only enough force as was necessary to knock the wind out of the mage. If the man just so happens to double over, he will make an attempt to snatch the necklace from around his neck.

OOC: Edit to fix typo.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 05:42:39 pm by Faye »

Dathiel

• First Class Poster
  • ... Always Triumphs!
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2013, 05:52:07 pm »

Completely ignoring the lightning bolt was Tiernan’s biggest mistake.

Between the fire and the drain life aspect of the Defiler’s spell casting the chained people are silent and mostly dead.

The kick does land, and the momentary distraction is all Tiernan needs to rip the amulet off the mage’s neck, but he is caught completely off guard as a lightning bolt fuelled by the very vitality of the land and those alive in the cages around him, strikes the amberite full force in the chest, burning right into him. The lightning bolt sends him flying backward across the room and away from the exit.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2013, 07:31:07 pm »

The shock of the lightning bolt, besides having enough force to send him flying, is enough to briefly paralyze him. Thus, even the potentially clever idea of using a Trump to escape mid flight was impossible. He doesn't even have control of his vocal chords to cry aloud as electric pain coursed throughout his body, though the grip he had on the necklace only tightens as his muscles contract.

When he finally stops moving it is thanks to the swift arrival of an immobile and thoroughly solid wall. Slamming into it, the wind is knocked out of Tiernan's lungs along with a barely audible gasp of pain. The only positive to this (and it was a rather questionable positive, if truth be told) was that as he fell to his knees, Tiernan felt the feeling coming back to his extremities. Of course he could also feel an incredible amount pain along with that.

The first thing he did once landed in a smoking heap was stash the necklace in a secure pocket of his overcoat. He then (slowly and painfully) retrieves both Arundor and Brisigam from his sleeves; now that he had the necklace in his possession he was free to kill this man if he had to. oO(That wasn't my brightest idea...probably should have taken out that hand first...)

OOC: I think given the hit he took, this is about all I can realistically do with Tiernan this post!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 07:36:00 pm by Faye »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4