Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: FLATS RUNS RP???? Concluded  (Read 9598 times)

Meckell

• Forum Recruit
Re: FLATS RUNS RP???? (It's STARTING - slowly)
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 10:47:48 pm »

Attrition enters the room from a side door, followed by a greenshirt carrying a small stack of folders. The dogbot stands at the front of the room, next to the projection screen, waiting as the greenshirt goes around handing out a folder to each responder.

Once everyone has arrived and received a briefing packet, Attrition begins the briefing. Not bothering with the projector, she motions at the screen, which now shows images from a modern ghost town. "This is Picher, Oklahoma, here in Primary. Major lead and zinc mining location for a century, now an EPA superfund site. The groundwater's toxic, the 'mountain' you see in the background here is all mine tailings, and rampant subsurface mining means there's a constant risk of terrain collapse."

"You are not going to this place."

She snaps her fingers, and the images switch to... the exact same images, apparently. "You are going to its mirror image in a system in order to find this individual, and handle as the situation necessitates."

The screen now shows a blurry photo of a tall woman with blue hair, dressed in leather and denim. Text appears under the photo.

Name: Unknown
Origin: Unknown
Capabilities: Unknown
Motives: Unknown

"As you can see, we don't know shit. Multiple, scattered system incursions were observed at the start of the month, she is known to be one of them, and is suspected to be hanging around with the squatters in the town. Maps and photos are in your briefing packets."

The briefing folders do indeed contain maps of Picher and photos of the woman, along with some rather substantial documents concerning something called Status Quo. Attrition continues, "Those of you wondering what the rest of the packet is, the system is an approximate reflection of Primary, with two major points of divergence. First, animals are people and humans haven't a clue. The mice are running the show and they want to keep it that way, thus the organization 'Status Quo'."

A still from Rescue Rangers appears on the screen.

"Second, the system is no longer actively run, and since the campaign stopped, events have begun to split from Primary. Campaign disruption is a non-issue, but contamination and system-foreign activity is a concern."

Attrition crosses to the other side of the screen, the image changing to the video referenced here, muted and subtitled.

"SQ openly accepts multiversal theory and can be considered borderline aware. Their detection equipment may not be able to discern any details of your arrival, but they will know something has happened. Speed and scale of response depends on proximity to SQ assets, how overtly you behave, and how much stress you put on the system's reality, but they're generally not fast enough to threaten us. Assume you are always observed. If there is a mouse nearby, you have been seen. If there is a bird overhead, you have been seen. So try not to stand out."

She makes a point of looking directly at each person in the assembled team.

"That said, SQ membership does not extend to the majority of the animal population, thus the recruiting video. Exercise discretion and do not leave anything behind. I recommend you convert appropriately and not rely on the system's autoconversion effect."

"Specific to the mission, Picher is ostensibly supervised by the EPA, but direct management is an SQ front corporation. Some security guards are known to be on-site, but the extent or even existence of higher-level SQ operations is unknown. It may be a habitat, it may be a significant facility, it may be nothing. We don't know."

The screen goes back to the photo of the blue-haired woman.

"Of the multiple incursions into the system, one is confirmed destroyed by SQ, but as far as we know, she's had no contact with them. Find her, and we'll find out more."

Attrition steps away from the screen, which goes blank. "Further details are in your briefing packets. Questions?"
Dogbots
NSC
Titan Blue
Greenshirts
JSPRL
MKSUBVERGE
Arena
Hostiles

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 12:30:23 am »

"Errr... Mister Darkmoor told me that there were times in the past when guardians would be.... ummm... transformed into other things in order to better fit into the environment. If the people in the system that we need to be most concerned about are mice and birds and other small animals, will we be transformed into similar creatures?"

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 07:49:06 pm »

The leather-clad woman studies each of the individuals as they enter. Her eyebrows rise as she watches a gold-skinned human, a rabbit and a cat enter the room while the briefing starts. She at first thinks that tracking might not be all that difficult until Attrition points out that absolutely nothing is known about the objective other than a vague photo and blue (possibly dyed?) hair. Strangely, the subject of mining, its tailings and the possible subsurgence of the ground in the vicinity doesn't visibly phase her--probably due to experiencing such events around the gnomes and goblins of her own system. Still...

"On a following note," she begins after Ashla speaks up, "what about things like my ability to transform? My combat skills are centered around my Worgen form though I won't deny some ability to use my weapons without shifting. Still, their size and power are enhanced by my taking my larger form and such differences could prove critical even if I don't use my elemental magics."
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Tellana

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Recruit
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 01:00:19 am »

Nightwhisper listens to the information handed out.

"If we're going in to specifically interact with human-sized targets, I doubt that CM'ing into tiny critters would be such a good idea on the whole."

She shrugs and returns to picking her teeth.

Fluri-Mouse

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 05:42:06 am »

Fluri had entered the room somewhere between the first and last of the team.. unobserved due to her small size and quick movements and darting under the briefing room tables. The little white and brown mouse wore a suitably sized white lab coat over top of a standard Gaming Guardians green and white 3/4 uniform.

She had paused to listen intently to the briefing that Attrition put forth. Satisfied she clambered up onto a table and looks over the others who are going to this system.

She looked to Nightwhisper and grins. "Well I'm going along so I should be okay to interact with folks more my size. If it comes to that."

Flatstompa

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Recruit
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 02:20:41 am »

The greenshirt nods at Nightwhisper's comment. "That's exactly right. Also, as the Staff Sergeant explained, we have no idea what the target is capable of, if anything, so you should have your various special abilities available if things turn bad. Ideally you'll find the target and do whatever ends up being necessary before Status Quo forces find you. Their reaction time is usually bad, but we can't assume it'll go smoothly. If you're very lucky the target will talk, but SQ forces won't negotiate much beyond demanding your surrender for interrogation, in all likelihood."

He looks over at Attrition. "As mentioned, we know basically nothing about whatever operation SQ might run in the area, so act natural and hope any civilians spotting you don't think to immediately go look for the nearest SQ agent to tell on you. It'll buy you time if they have to comb the area for you themselves."
(( Free for all outside of combat I'd say. I'll tell you if I change my mind. ))
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:27:23 am by Flatstompa »

Meckell

• Forum Recruit
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 12:47:40 am »

"Seriously, keep your conversion in your own hands so you know what the hell you're doing, don't leave it to the whims of a system. The reality stress raises your detection profile and can turn you into something unexpected and unfamiliar, screwing you and everyone around you."

Attrition glances towards the greenshirt, "you got the rest?" and receives a nod of affirmation in response.

She turns back to the team, "He'll cover any further details, and C&C will be on the horn during the op, but sort out who's running the show here and now, before you're on the ground. If you'll excuse me, I have a meeting with the Security Council."

With that, she exits through the side door.
Dogbots
NSC
Titan Blue
Greenshirts
JSPRL
MKSUBVERGE
Arena
Hostiles

Flatstompa

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Recruit
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 04:08:56 am »

OOC: I'm going to try and get this show on the road so now is the time to think about any additional equipment or adventuring gear you might wish to bring beyond what's in your profile and tell me about it before you hit the system.

Nekane

• Second Class Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 01:36:47 am »

Nekane waves cheerfully to those she recognizes-- Kiara, Nightwhisper, even Attrition before the dogbot gets started with her side of the briefing. After it finishes, she sits up in her seat and tucks her besleeved hands across her sides.

"Hokay! So! I have some thoughts on this! We have a pretty wide spread of people, natural shapeshifters, powerful spellcasters, some animal-people and Fluri! So I'm thinking-- we're probably gonna run into SQ eventually, but we have a strong enough group here-- an' a mouse-- to probably bag our person and book it before anything too bad happens. BUT, Murphy's law and all. So, so, I'm thinking. We should probably gear up with survival gear-- ghost towns are usually pretty miserable places out in the desert and stuff-- in the event things mess up and we're stranded for a while. Cuz that HAPPENS. A LOT. But I know Fluri can probably sway SQ a little, the rest of us are pretty ready for combat if needed, so why not get all that kind of gear, do a stakeout, and if everything goes loopsy try to negotiate with SQ-- NOT GUARDIAN DIPLOMACY-- and then get out! Makes sense?"

After that regular, semi-excited outpouring, she settles back in her seat. Her likely outfitting will include Nasty and the Sunscythe, along with a backpack of general useful supplies. A lighter, flashlight, a big bag of beef jerky, some extra field rations for other people who need it seeing as she is a SUPER ROBOT and doesn't need it. Also a small pup tent and sleeping bag, again despite not really needing it. Rope is also useful. Given that she is an Alchemical, most other tools and kit are integrated.

Ashla

• Second Class Poster
  • Rifts affiendo!
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 05:35:51 pm »

Keith nods his head in understanding to the dogbot's comments and glances at his companions, particularly Nekane since she had taken on the position of leader. He did express a bit of a confused expression about how the guardians were to talk but not use diplomacy which seemed... oxymoronic; maybe Nekane intended to yell at and threaten everyone they came across? That could be awkward...

Still, Getting ready is easy enough for him. Mumbling an excuse to the other guardians, Keith will slip away to gather some supplies; a back pack, water bottles, some trail mix and a blanket. Briefly he considered whether to change up his weapons, but the Techno wizard shotgun and Lightblade should be powerful enough to deal with whatever he runs into even if there wasn't enough magic about to make them as dangerous as they would be back home. If all else failed he still had... best not to think about that.

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 09:37:22 pm »

Following the briefing Dav goes to the armory to pick up her warhammer and battleaxe. She then ensures that her backpack has plenty of free space, though she does add some high-energy food and drinks (she still has trouble believing that a bottle as small as her thumb can offer the same restorative capabilities as health and mana potions) and has already decided she doesn't like the available MREs but hasn't had time to find a suitable substitute. Still, if worse comes to worst, she might try finding some local wildlife and see if she can adapt some of her WoW recipes to get similar results.

She spends just a little time filing and polishing the axe blades, buffing and oiling both the axe and the hammer before reporting to the Jaunt pads for transport.

Will there be others?

Achelea

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012, 03:25:56 am »

The bunny smiles as Nekane responds to her greeting. She smiles and tilts her head, listening as the briefing continues, she starts to raise her hand to question, but pauses as she's going to show restraint for a bit, moving to sit on her hands, her head looking to others as they speak.

When she realizes there are some folders to look at, she pulls her hand from under her knees to look through the folders, scanning through the files, what appears to to be effort at restraint starts to fade to a more natural one, as she takes in the briefing. As Neka speaks she hmms and nods, making a mental note of what to bring, and what to avoid.

As everyone goes to stand she pauses a bit and smiles, nodding to them as they pass, choosing to be the last to leave. She pauses a moment to glance around and nods to herself. . . "One day... One Day." she smiles and follows the others to the armory, and gathers both her Guardian gear, as well as some of her personal effects.

The Guardian Recruit Backpack(c) has everything she might need for a mission, Medical kit, neuro Laser, A CM, 3 Jaunt Beacons, And a big red button. Like what goes on a Jacket, not the end of the world type. Her personal gear includes 2 Falcatas. and 6 small throwing daggers located under her clothes.

She stops long enough to change clothes into some cargo pants, long sleeved shirt and a vest, and makes her way towards the Jaunt room.
"I may not agree with what you say, but I sure as Heck will fight to the death for your right to say it."

http://tgg.stormdragon.org/index.php?topic=133.0

Tellana

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Recruit
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 04:13:32 pm »

Nightwhisper jumps to her feet as the briefing ends, stretching and working out a few kinks in her muscles. She heads over to her place to gear up, strapping on her punch daggers, making sure her lockpicking and general thief gadgets are all safely stored, and making sure her stealth suit is in good condition. She heads over to the designated jaunt room to meet up with the others, surveying the rest of the team with a kind of detached boredom.

Flatstompa

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Recruit
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2012, 03:07:14 am »

Once everyone has their gear, they are quickly sent to a jaunt room, and if nothing more comes up, the team is sent onto their mission.

The point of arrival is surrounded by heaps of mine tailings - not as large as some others around town, but, together with various earth moving equipment at the site, enough to obscure vision on the arrivals. Also provided to the jaunters were a map of the town and close surroundings (primary version, may not be entirely reliable) and the information that it is early afternoon at the point of arrival. The town proper (or what remains of it, there are quite a few empty spaces where buildings have been demolished) begins to your east just beyond the chat piles. Your map indicates that less than a mile to the north, across the state line in Kansas, is the even smaller, even more recently closed ghost town of Treece.

You detect no one in the vicinity, or the air. The equipment is inert and covered in fine dust - part of the lead and zinc based mining waste, and presumably the reason people do not just casually hang around here. It's not the kind of thing that'll harm you in the short term, though, so you'll be fine. It's kind of grimy, though. You have no real leads concerning where in Picher the target may be, but the town is not large, and much of it has been demolished.

The air is clear, cool, and crisp - there's no snow, and your surroundings are mostly dry.

OOC: Think about if/how your character CMs their appearance, and whether or not they'll grab any kind of plain clothes if their normal attire is something unusual. Just the details one could see from afar, for my future reference.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 03:08:45 am by Flatstompa »

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2012, 01:49:47 pm »

As this is Dav's first 'official' mission, she's obviously going to make some mistakes. While she is still in human form and her armor *might* pass as a kind of long dress from a distance, her axe and hammer aren't exactly concealed, or concealable. It may be possible for the CM to disguise or even hide them, but she doesn't know that--yet.

Meanwhile, almost as soon as she arrives she tries to see if there are any traces of the previous visitor--like depressions in the ground that could have once been footprints. Anything at all that could suggest a direction to travel (outside of the proximity of the town itself) would be useful.

Will there be others?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7