Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Teamwork 101 (open RP)  (Read 7109 times)

NerdyCanuck

  • Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,109
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
Re: Teamwork 101 (open RP)
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2012, 03:34:57 pm »

Had she no previous experience with Battletech in the past, Faye might have been caught by surprise at the sight of the mech. As it was, realization and memories collide the moment she spies the blue fist on its chest. She'd seen both that symbol and that technology before. oO(Gods, I know that symbol. I remember it from my prepwork months back. It belongs to House Steiner...) Reflexively, she swallows the bile that rises up her throat at the remembrance of the mission for which she'd done the research.

Mercifully, her attention flits back to the bodies. In hindsight, those patches had seemed familiar and now that she'd had a chance to reflect she remembered. "...Kurita."  Try as she might, Faye couldn't recall whether Steiner and Kurita were at odds. Though, given the fact that they had found themselves in the middle of a warzone with dead Kurita and approaching Steiner lent itself to the belief that they were...at least within the scope of this scenario.

That suspicion prompts Faye to take a quick look at her own clothing; had the shift to the scenario altered her outfit or vest any? It wouldn't do to be caught by that Steiner mech with Kurita symbols plastered all over. Whatever she discovers, or doesn't, she activates her comm, << PC Team: We're in a Battletech scenario. The blue fist on the mech represents a house by the name of Steiner. The black dragon I saw on the bodies belongs to Kurita, possibly a rival house. Looks like we may be caught in the middle of a house war.  >>

As Rhade's plan commences, Faye hatches one of her own. That radio could be invaluable, though she wasn't about to risk immediate discovery for something she should have grabbed when she'd had the chance. << PC Team: One of those radios should be handy. If we can get one, I think it'd be an asset...and they're not so far that I can't get there and back quickly. I'd like to try for it unless anyone has an objection. >>

Rhiann

  • Second Class Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 343
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
Re: Teamwork 101 (open RP)
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2012, 03:53:42 pm »

(OOC: Heh. shows how bad my memory is. I haven't read the books in a few years and haven't played the game in over 15. Still, at least I knew in general what I was looking at, hmmm?)

(OOC: Side note -- The shape of the sword in the rat's hands on the patch is very similar to the shape of Tracker's own, though his blade is very narrow, more like a straightened katana.)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 04:48:25 pm by Rhiann »
Logged
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Rhiann

  • Second Class Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 343
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
Re: Teamwork 101 (open RP)
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2012, 04:02:45 pm »

"Leave the radio to me, then. I think I'll be quick enough to free up one of those and catch up to you.

"That also means you know a lot more about these mechs than I do. How maneuverable are they in an urban environment? How well can they punch through buildings like these? In other words, how easy do you think it will be to escape this thing and get a chance to figure out what we're supposed to be doing here?

Don't waste time telling me while we're standing here; we can talk on the run."

With that, the fox shifts his stance and lowers his blade to the horizontal, ready to do whatever necessary to free that radio from its deceased carrier.
Logged
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Ashla

  • Second Class Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 465
  • Rifts affiendo!
Re: Teamwork 101 (open RP)
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2012, 11:49:28 pm »

Rhade
As your phantom band appears raising hell behind the mech, you notice it seems to hesitate for a moment before continuing forward; perhaps the construct doesn't mind the presence of minstrels in the streets of a warzone?

Tracker and Faye:
Both of you can hear the footsteps slow for a second before continuing forward over the sound of band of some sort. It's a good thing that it did pause though, since it gives you two the extra teensey bit of time you need to do what needs to be done, Namely get the radio and find some cover.

Tracker, the radio looks like a classic head set with a pair of tuners near the ear sections; depending on whether or not you can read japanese you may be be to puzzle out what the two nobs do. regardless, you are able to get it off fairly easily.

Furthermore, there are plenty of places to seek cover (urban warzones are great for finding hiding places); the Kurita soldiers look like they might have been barreling out of a convienence store when they were gunned down.

BTW: you can both see the leg of the mech coming out into the intersection right about now...

Dathiel

  • First Class Poster
  • ****
  • Posts: 599
  • ... Always Triumphs!
Re: Teamwork 101 (open RP)
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 05:05:44 pm »

He was a little disappointed the mech only halted for a brief moment and paid his little distraction no real attention (Possibly because the monstrosity didn’t actually see the band appear out of nowhere) he  feels a bit better when the momentary distraction actually give Tracker the time he needs to get the radio.

He mulled Faye’s words over a bit. It sounded to Rhade that the mech was piloted. The pilot didn’t view the band and therefore it was what? Music out of thin air? Music could muffle, make sneaking around easier... Rhade dials up the noise.

<PC Team: Someone has to make a call on what our target is sooner or later.> He hated going somewhere without a goal in mind. Instructions kept him out of trouble. Without instructions, soon, he was going to go and cause trouble.

Rhade starts silently counting down to himself, in seconds from 60... A countdown that he would stop only when someone else had a better plan.  He also silently curses the blood in his veins, infused chaos and unreality in his race from the time they were all tadpoles.

Rhiann

  • Second Class Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 343
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
Re: Teamwork 101 (open RP)
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 09:51:09 pm »

Tracker makes the dash for the radios and tries to grab at least two of them along with any associated head gear or power supplies. A quick glance at the weapons and at the mech and he decides what what he carries already is at least as good for his needs.

"If you haven't found another open doorway, dive into the convenience store and get to the back door. I think the safest way around this mech will be to keep it turning, so when you go out the back door, turn toward the direction it's coming from. I'll try to find something to distract it."

Matching action to words, he sprints to the convenience store himself, not bothering to 'open' the door if it already has shattered glass and if not, body slamming the largest panel of glass--a faint aura of a personal force shield flashing into existence a moment before impact.

If he's given time, he'll try to access the refrigeration units and cut/tear their lines to release their vapors--hoping the chilled gasses will help camouflage any heat signature of the others' escape. If he can also find a gas meter, he'll try to smash the tubing enough to release the gas. Then he waits as long as he dares before trying himself to get the mech's attention.
Logged
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

NerdyCanuck

  • Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,109
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
Re: Teamwork 101 (open RP)
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2012, 04:38:20 pm »

Faye could feel the beginnings of confusion teasing at her. oO(I...don't know what our goal here is other than to survive. Do we have a target? Do we simply just...stay 'alive' and continue evading? Should we engage? We don't even know who our enemy is, if any...) Stifling the temptation to whine aloud, she shakes her head.

Twinned with that was the echo of Cevy, who she imagined taunting her inability to make a decision. As a result, she only half-heard Tracker's questions, which she answered as she followed him into the convenience store. "...depending on the mech, it could probably do that yeah. Punch through walls. I wouldn't recommend assuming that this one can't. And that's not even counting the weaponry...lasers, missiles and the like..."

Quickly, she scans of the area for some sort of a back entrance. "...this will only be useful if we've an alternate way out..." Of course, her ability to actually see will be hampered by whatever gasses Tracker is able to release. Breathing is not so much a concern for her, what with being undead and all. oO(For once, a perk to this Godsforsaken body...)

She answers Rhade's comm at around the same time as Tracker seems ready to get the mech's attention. << PC Team: Don't engage. Stay out of it's line of sight if you can. We're in a store nearby the bodies which Tracker is filling it gasses. Not safe to be in here if you actually need to breathe. Let's all rendez-vous somewhere safer. The sewers, maybe? Meanwhile, Tracker...try to glean what you can from those radios while we're on the move. >>


OOC: I know Faye is being very indecisive here. Right now she doesn't feel she has enough information to suggest that they do too much to the mech. It's likely that they are in the middle of a clan war between Kurita and Steiner, but without more information Faye wants to err on the side of caution. THey are Guardians, after all. Not people come into this for the sake of blowing shit up...even if this is just training.

Ashla

  • Second Class Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 465
  • Rifts affiendo!
Re: Teamwork 101 (open RP)
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2012, 04:26:04 am »

Control Room
"How are the stress levels going with the team?"

"Signs of stress are beginning to build in Faye and Rhade, but they're still well within acceptable limits. Tracker is steady as a rock."

"Good to hear. Wouldn't want to see them crack before the fight had really started."

Tracker and Faye
The door to the convienence store ~little more then a glass pane really~ collapes as the bionic fox smashes into it and impedes Tracker not a bit as he runs straight for the massive refrigerators, pulling chords and hoses to release cooling gasses into the cluttered little shop. As a bonus, you spot what looks like a natural gas line that feeds a small nearby grill.

Further, you were able to grab another headset on your way in that you can do with as you see fit.

Faye, theres a back door alright. Theres a lock on it but it looks like it you can open it easily enough from this side.

Rhade
You can see the Mech step into the intersection and shuffle around so that it's facing the convienence store and then begin twisting it's arms around... and then you get a front row seat to watching a mech unload.

The right arm twists and points it's way up the street towards your phantom band and a brilliant emerald beam slashes across the asphalt perrilously close to them; the pavement in front of them is actually glowing like hot coals and the air shimmers around it. Perhaps the Robot's pilot doesn't like this track?

The other arm Fires another Brilliant beam of light into the second floor of the building the convienence store was located in, along with a jet of flame from another weapon mounted on the arm. Concrete and brick fly everywhere as the building shudders under the furious blast, and fire and smoke poor from the influence of the flame thrower.

From the chest you can hear a sound vaguely like an outboard motor for a second before a shower of bullets tear through the store front, followed by what looks like a small explosion.

Perhaps fearing some sort of ambush from behind, a second flame thrower is fired from the back of the robot and hurtles... towards a building on the opposite corner. Well it's on fire now.

Tracker and Faye
All hell breaks lose inside of the store as the machine gun chews the front of the store and a horrible crashing sound can be heard overhead, but all of that pales compared to the small explosion that occurs when the bullets strike off of metal and the sparks set off the gas from the grill that was disconnected.

Mercifully for you two the, explosion is pretty pitiful due to the fact that the freon from the refrigerator counteracts most of the flammable gas, so instead of being torn apart you are instead thrown against the walls. Also: Flaming rubble from the second floor rains down from above giving you some cover against any future attacks but also unfortunately trapping Faye as a chunk of debris falls on your foot.

Again the headset crackles and now a voice calls from it "...say again: my air lance is on approach vector to Little Rock. If there are any spotters on the ground we need co-ordinates so that we can make appropriate course corrections for best targetting. Is anyone recieving this!?"

Rhiann

  • Second Class Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 343
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
Re: Teamwork 101 (open RP)
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2012, 06:27:21 am »

Tracker ducks and snaps up his shields again, glancing over to check on Faye. If she's unharmed, he shouts, "Get outside and turn right! Try not to let that thing see you! See if you can rendezvous with Rhade and stay out of that thing's way.
"Here!" he adds, tossing one of the radios to her. It's live and someone is talking about an 'air lance'. Maybe you can vector them in on this machine. I don't want to kill the operator if I can help it, but if we don't have any choice, then ask them to attack, no matter if I'm in the way or not."

(In the event that she's wounded or freezes, the alternate is that he grabs her and carries her along the route he'd recommended, using an extreme burst of speed to cross the side street in the hopes the mech doesn't see more than a flicker of motion. His intent in that case is to completely round the block and work his way behind the mech and find Rhade.(after all, he hasn't seen the flamers.)

Note: Player didn't note the rubble on Faye's foot. If she doesn't respond appropriately, Tracker will assume injury and dash over to check her out, at which point he goes with the parenthetical alternate above.

P.S.: If necessary, roll for tracker to lift the debris. Deadlift capability roughly 1,000#, US measure; more if it's weightroom-type of gear.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 12:15:06 am by Rhiann »
Logged
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Dathiel

  • First Class Poster
  • ****
  • Posts: 599
  • ... Always Triumphs!
Re: Teamwork 101 (open RP)
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2012, 02:42:07 pm »

<<PC Team: Ok I’ll hide, see you guys in the sewers.>> then without wasting another moment (save to worry about the mech destroying the store and his buddies inside) he back tracks down the street a bit and looks for a way down into the sewers.

When the beam of green light hits the pavement in front of the band, the band will pause and then fade away. If the mech is attacking the building then the band isn’t serving as much of a distraction anymore –may as well save his strength.

At the first manhole he sees in the first side street out of direct view from the mech. He’ll pry the lid open and jump down. If the lid it too heavy he’ll manipulate the water in the sewer to push the manhole cover up. Then he’s int he sewer like he’s supposed to be, and tracking his way over to where Faye and Tracker are – underground – trying to meet up with them again.

NerdyCanuck

  • Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,109
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
Re: Teamwork 101 (open RP)
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2012, 04:16:44 am »

The explosion harkens back to a time not long ago. Rather than simply being around for the 'fun', Faye herself (and the insane cultist whose body she had been inhabiting) had initiated it back then. This remembrance might have given her pause were it not for the machine gun fire and the chaos that followed the blast.

In the next moment Faye is flung against a wall and before she can recover, debris falls and pins her ankle. There is pain but Faye hardly notices it with the adrenaline that was starting to course through her. "What a pain..." When the radio crackles, Faye fixates on it. She nods to Rhade although her words, which are spoken through gritted teeth, are to the radio, "...yeah, we're here. There's a Steiner mech bearing down on us. Let me get into position and I'll direct from there."

With the radio addressed, Faye turned next to the issue of her pinned leg. Figuring that it should be relatively easy to free herself, she uses her considerable strength to shift the debris off her foot. Any damage that was done to it should regenerate once she's free of all the fire.

If she is successful and has time enough, she'll head to that back door to break it open. No sense using the front with gunfire likely to greet her.


OOC: I hope everyone had a good holidays! Mine were great, though full of family events and the like. I am pooped beyond words, so my post might be a little clunky. I did the best I could and I would like to apologize for how long it took me to get to. Should be smooth sailing from here on out. Also, not sure that this is too many actions for one post...

Rhiann

  • Second Class Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 343
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
Re: Teamwork 101 (open RP)
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2012, 11:13:10 am »

(All you have to do is look at Tracker's actions (and alternatives based on your responses.)


Ok, looks like back to plan A for Tracker if GM approves.
Logged
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Ashla

  • Second Class Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 465
  • Rifts affiendo!
Re: Teamwork 101 (open RP)
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2013, 03:21:03 am »

The Rubble is heavy, but being a 6 million dollar fox means that the lump of digistruct matter has little chance of holding it's position on Faye's foot, and the two of you will be able to get the hell out of dodge. Which is a good thing, since the Mech outside is firing it's lasers again, blowing out a huge chunk of wall; It seems that it can't see you very easily with the Freon around so it's changed tactics to simply trying to level the building and squash you two flat.

Fortunately, you two are able to sneak out the back into the adjoining alley. unfortunately, the nearest sewer entrance is over in the street. Near your unfriendly neighborhood battlemech's right foot.

The radio crackles as your would be ally responds "Are there any Davion units nearby? They are more sly then the unit's of Hans' yariman."

Rhade
Entering the sewers is a simple enough matter since while the city around you seems to be collapsing, the manhole entrance is in amazingly good condition. As an additional bonus: the sewers don't appear to be filled with the contents one would expect to find; theres nothing but amazingly pristine water down here.

Rhiann

  • Second Class Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 343
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
Re: Teamwork 101 (open RP)
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2013, 08:27:31 am »

Tracker still wants to use the cover of buildings to 'drop' out of sight. He knows he has to travel across one street or another from behind the store and wants to make sure any motion visible is fleeting at best. 60mph across a 50- 100 foot gap should mean about a half- to one-second visibility period and he's not planning on letting the mech's pilot think he's staying close.

As such, as viewed from the mech's point of view, he'll dash to the left--recommending Faye go right at her best speed and find her way down into the sewers. Based then on the mech pilot's reaction, he'll either attempt to lead the mech a short distance away before attempting another vanishing act or, if it chooses to pursue Faye, he'll circle around and see if he can climb that ladder he thought he saw on the mech's leg. Spy machine meets battle machine; he hopes he's up to the task. It's the kind of risk he's at least somewhat used to, even though it doesn't fit his original design purpose.
Logged
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Dathiel

  • First Class Poster
  • ****
  • Posts: 599
  • ... Always Triumphs!
Re: Teamwork 101 (open RP)
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2013, 03:59:50 pm »

The presence of clean water – not water filled with waste – fills him with glee. If the water is deep enough his water soul manifests; gills appear along his neck, his hands and feet become webbed, thick scales appear all along his skin, and finally his eyes change from brilliant blue to black with gold irises. Rhade kicks off his shoes as they are no longer comfortable and then speeds towards his destination.

This being the sewers though he will probably have to speed along the corridors and search for his comrades, so he manifests Haste – which allows him to move twice as far for a few seconds.
If possible he’ll try to find out where that mech was on the surface as well, he won’t stick around, but if he can track the movement of a giant mech he can avoid it.



((OOC:  Rhade’s movement speed is 60 ft every 5 seconds for as long as he is in water. With haste activated that’s twice as fast – 120 feet – for 5 seconds.  He also gains a natural armor while in water – physically this wouldn’t register as much of a change in vital signs, except people will notice he’s much faster than before. I am also assuming that the water is deep enough, if it isn’t I will change my post.))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5