Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)  (Read 8605 times)

NerdyCanuck

  • Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,109
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
Re: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2012, 02:54:28 am »

When Dav takes in Cauda's scent, she'll find that he smells like an old, musty pine tree. For his part, the cat-like creature raises its back haunches and backs away slightly. "Fsshissss..." After another moment of panicked contemplation, it drops into the shadows and reappears beside Nick looking as though nothing amiss had just happened.

"Big man has it right. Mrooowrl. Master was taken by suits, but I don't know faces. I don't usually pay attention to the big hairless monkeys." It sniffs, sounding petulant. "I'm meant for fighting others like me." It was hard to tell whether the creature was telling the truth, though there was a hint of laziness in its voice.

"It's nice, though. Being out of the ball." It stops and considers what it just said. "Well. It wasn't so bad...all the time." Deciding it had had enough of voicing things it assumed the others didn't care about, it fixes its bright eyes on Dav. "I can't fix that, but this guy might. Or a builder type. Master had one, I think." Regarding Dav's plan or Techsupport's conversation with his wife, Cauda doesn't seem to have anything to offer.

Taross Blackburn

  • Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
  • *****
  • Posts: 803
Re: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2012, 03:13:28 pm »

Joe comes back to the conversation after a short while and nods to the rest "Right... I should have a fairly recent map of the sewers around here fairly soon." he chuckles behind the mask "Although I might want to use it to find a spot to hide rather than go home after this is all over."

He looks around at Nick, Dav and Cauda "So... I've heard bits and pieces while I was busy, but does anyone have a plan other than splitting up unneccesarily? Seems to me we're dealing with some folks with jaunting tech at least, which does narrow things down somewhat, but not by much..." his expression turns a little grim "Too many people with that stuff around lately as it is... Buuuut... maybe we can call in some old favours with some friends to track the technology a little better."
Logged

Rhiann

  • Second Class Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 343
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
Re: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2012, 10:40:42 pm »

That gravely female voice sounds from within the recently-dug tunnel, "Think of it like an Instance, you either keep up or get left behind. Fall behind far enough and the party kicks you out!

"Meanwhile, our best clue is back this way. If you can communicate while you're running, then I strongly suggest you get that boilerplate rattletrap moving and call for support on the go."

(OOC: I'm not usually like this, but you've got an Alpha wolf taking over unless someone decides to rein her in. She doesn't know half the words used so far and right now she sees this 'Jaunt technology' as just another kind of portal of the sort that got her stuck in London in the first place. She knows she's no longer in her World of Warcraft, but she's still following the Questing habit that says "Move it or Lose it.")
Logged
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Dathiel

  • First Class Poster
  • ****
  • Posts: 599
  • ... Always Triumphs!
Re: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2012, 08:06:45 pm »

Nick doesn’t say anything about Cauda’s reaction to being sniffed, and is more than glad to be the big thing in between the werewolf and frightened shadow pet.

Nick’s scent is also curiously subtle, he smells clean, but not in a chemical way, more in a fresh breath of air kind of way – which blends into the sewage smell even more. 

“I have a contractor on call for when I break things...” he writes something on a pad of paper he pulls out from the bag at his side and pins it up on the wall beside the giant hole he made. (On the note reads ‘IOU 1 sewer wall –sorry’ and then a weird signature) “I’ll call him after we find the boys” At this he follows the worgen.

“The plan seems to be to follow the worgen’s nose.” Nick will pause to make sure Cauda and Joe are following. “Friends to track portals are helpful, but a map should be better.” He gives a pleasant looking smile for a moment withdrawing a gem from inside his white vest. “This will stop all travel portals of all kinds from being made from within London. Assuming they did not find their way to another portal immediately upon arriving here we’ll find them.” If he sounds really confident of this it’s because there is a guy with a map and a girl with a nose in the party and a creature with an impressive set of ears. Tracking wise they were set as far as he could tell. “As for running from your lovely wife... if it will help I can speak to her on your behalf, perhaps make her see some sense? At the very least I could buy time for your escape.”

Dav can track Cauda’s scent back through the sewers easily enough to the origin point of the portal, and once there she can pick up the scent of Cauda’s master and about 5 other men.  The entire area seems to be heavily traveled as older scents start blending into the smell of sewage more readily, tracks and other signs of passage are visible to everyone looking.  After tracking the signs of movement for about one city block, the scent disappears. The sewage in the area seems to be a bit...more... and as such washed or disturbed visible methods of tracking.



((OOC: Sorry for fast forwarding the travel time a bit, my internet and real life have made unholy allies against me. :’( I apologize for lateness of the post.))

NerdyCanuck

  • Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,109
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
Re: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2012, 10:03:48 pm »

Upon arriving at the place where Cauda had lost his master, the little creature's fur and spines stand on end. Curiously, his posture is somewhat on the submissive side of things. "Their stink is still here." His voice comes out as a low, threatening growl and he doesn't seem too keen on getting too close to the exact point of disappearance. Rather, he circles around the general area until they're past it. As such, any help that he might provide with regards to gathering clues will likely be limited to whatever may have gotten scattered around.


OOC: I am so, so sorry for the delay. I just have been so busy during my primary posting times that I've been unable to keep up.

Taross Blackburn

  • Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
  • *****
  • Posts: 803
Re: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2012, 06:34:05 pm »

Joe follows, eventually, and looks a bit bemused "Well, I have a map." he notes to the big guy before calling after the worgen lady.
"Alright, lets put this in terms you will understand to slow down a moment. I'm a healer. Don't run off without the healer." he states.

Despite his armor, and it not making enough noise to be completely power-assisted, he's keeping up pretty well. And once they reach a spot where they seem to be spending a little longer, he brings up his own lighting to a somewhat low-level ambient illumination. To make sure he doesn't immediately blind everyone -including himself- in the area.

"Looks pretty well-travelled around here, maybe... now..." he starts to fidget a little with a hidden control panel in one of his gauntlets "Lets see if I have remembered to actually fix the IR tracking on this thing. I could see which tunnel's still warmest..."

((I'll leave it up to ST discretion if that works or not ;) ))
Logged

Rhiann

  • Second Class Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 343
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
Re: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2012, 09:02:33 pm »

Dav does ensure she doesn't lose everyone--at least partially by making sure her huge pawprints are plainly visible in the muck as she makes her way to the junction. Once there, she again puts her nose to work trying to sample the air from each of the tunnels as she awaits the others, for once wishing her nose was as sensitive as those of the Gilnean Mastiffs once used to hunt her kind down. Still, her experience and knowledge suggest the most likely direction would be down-wind and down-stream, though she doubted the kidnappers would suspect someone who could track by scent would be on their trail this soon. Down-stream was still logical as any muddy disturbance in the sewers would flow away from this point, making it that much harder for them to deduce the correct path--assuming they hadn't portaled out from this point.

As Joe comes up at the rear, commenting about getting too far from the healer, she grins--showing a broad array of cruel, ivory weapons. "You're right, of course," she replies, "but sometimes speed is just as important either to catch up to your foe or escape his elite attacks. Since we're only beginning this Instance, now is the time to get a feel for how your party works together. Or would one of you like to take the role of Tank and let me simply be the heavy hitter?"
Logged
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Dathiel

  • First Class Poster
  • ****
  • Posts: 599
  • ... Always Triumphs!
Re: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2012, 03:47:20 pm »

“I’ll be tank” Nick says with a smile, tanks were the things that hit really hard and were hard to bring down right? He rushes to hurry up beside the worgen trying to cover the fact he only half followed the current conversation.

Dav will find the scent trail go cold for a few minutes at the next junction, but even as the trail goes cold, Joe manages to get his heat sensor working.

The junction has water pouring down from above into a cistern, and though the water hides noises and the smell of sewage is especially strong, both Dav and Joe find that their prey moved up to a tunnel above them. Cauda can even pick out eventually the secret catch on the wall that was used to call down a crude lift.

Such a lift would make noise when used, loud noise.

The walls curve up and overhead of the group before going straight up and water pours through 4 tunnels overhead. The tunnel the kidnappers have gone through as significantly less water flowing through it at the moment. The lift seems to lower down from the ceiling, and looks like a large rusty cage.

“I guess we should take stock now, who’s good at jumping, or climbing? I could probably jump up, and I am also good at climbing, or rather making my own hand holds, what about you guys? Maybe we should just use the lift?” Nick turns to the rest of you seeing what the consensus was going to be.

Taross Blackburn

  • Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
  • *****
  • Posts: 803
Re: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2012, 12:57:40 am »

Joe checks upwards in the cage of the lift for a moment or two before he mms "Well, I've got some antigrav propulsion, though if it's not to high up I might be able to make it in one or two teleport jumps before my capacitors need to recharge for a bit again." he notes, before trying to consult the mapping of the sewer system to see if he can't figure out how high up it goes.

"I can probably carry someone hovering upwards but it'll be slow, very slow..." he eventually adds to his answer before he mmms to himself "Things are a lot more tricky when you can't count on the mediport to get you out of a bind, a lot slower and tactful"
Logged

NerdyCanuck

  • Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,109
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
Re: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2012, 04:06:26 pm »

All the talk about tanking and healing were lost on the creature. Such things were beyond his realm of comprehension as evidenced by the puzzled noises he made as he listened.  Finally, in the space between comments and suggestions, Cauda brushes up against Nick and makes a spitting sound that might have been choked laughter.

"Using the lift isn't a great idea." He peers up at the aforementioned device, managing to look somewhat haughty even with his feline posture, "Look. It's all junky. Kidnappers will hear that and run away long before we make it all the way up. No, your other idea was better, Big Man. We should climb." Having said his piece to the group at large, Cauda detaches himself from Nick and adds, "If there's shadows, I can manage on my own"


OOC: I apologize for the fact that Cauda is something of a...prickly sort. He's out of his element, lost, and something of an holier-than-thou type. Basing him on Pokemon through and through, I assigned him a 'haughty' nature. Edited to fix a comma.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 06:51:49 pm by Faye »
Logged

Rhiann

  • Second Class Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 343
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
Re: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2012, 04:53:21 pm »

(Faye, I'm enjoying the little critter and honestly that is what role-play is all about--trying to keep in-character in situations even when the PC knows things the character wouldn't.)

Dav twitches her ears as Joe catches up, noting the fact that his armor makes far less noise than the typical Goblin or Gnome mecha device. Still, she takes the comment about the noisy lift at face value because for all that it's a different technology, it doesn't look all that different from the similar noisy devices those same Goblins and Gnomes made. Were the thing simply floating in space like the magical lifts of the Tauren and Druids, she might have considered waiting for it to come down so she could climb on (an unlikely occurrence since this lift isn't magical). Still, climbing didn't look like it'd be all that easy either, what with the overhang and no obvious grips to use. In fact, to her eyes the easiest thing to do would be trying a leap to grab the cage and climb it. Her legs were strong, but she'd never made a leap that large despite seeing NPC Worgen leap twice that and more.

"You guys go first," she decides. "You all seem to have a way to get up there on your own and I think I would just break my claws trying to climb these walls without handholds. Once you're up and have a landing place secured, I'll try jumping up to that lift and climb across to you that way."
Logged
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Dathiel

  • First Class Poster
  • ****
  • Posts: 599
  • ... Always Triumphs!
Re: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2012, 06:49:02 pm »

“I could help.” Nick looks around. “I’m rather accurate, I could give you a lift.” It may take a moment for Dav to realize that Nick means to throw her, or boost her up in some similar fashion. Considering his relative ease in breaking through sewer walls it may be an option.

“I’m sure Joe here can provide ample shadows for you to use Cauda,” Nick motions to the man in the mech. “You should go up first make sure the way is clear, Cauda can go up next using your shadow.” Then Dav could be thrown like a werewolf dart, in Nick’s mind it seems as if everything was sorted – though the werewolf may decide to protest.

If Dav jumped on her own and fell, someone should remain below to help the werewolf recover.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 05:39:56 pm by Rath »
Logged

NerdyCanuck

  • Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,109
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
Re: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2012, 03:23:31 pm »

Cauda sniffs in response to Nick's suggestion, his eyes narrowing as he mulls it over. Looking to Dav, he quips, "I'm sure he could manage to throw you without breaking anything." He winds his way around the large man's leg a couple of times before adding, "Sure. I'll use his shadows." Detaching himself from Nick, the little cat-creature approaches Techsupport with an expectant look on his face.


OOC" Huzzah! I tend to be self conscious when I play abrasive characters so I try to check in with people so they know it's just the character and not me!

Rhiann

  • Second Class Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 343
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
Re: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2012, 05:32:27 am »

Dav looks at Nick and appears to be almost smirking with that fanged visage before she remembers his obvious strength.

"Nick, try giving me a stirrup and just lift when I step in. In this form I'm more massive than I look." When he does, he'll find she weighs in excess of 250 pounds (all muscle at 7 feet tall) and notes that her canine hindfoot has a lot of spring in it.

"You think you can give a good lift as I'm trying to use you as a springboard, or would you rather I try jumping up and using your back as a springboard? I'd rather overshoot knowing I could grab something on the way by than undershoot with no chance at a grab."
Logged
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

Taross Blackburn

  • Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
  • *****
  • Posts: 803
Re: Powergamers: Vigilantes (Open)
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2012, 11:13:51 pm »

Joe looks up and nods, trying to cast some light into the elevatorshaft to see whether or not he can actually get somewhere. "I'll have to take it carefully though, don't want to hit the pavement from the wrong side." he notes before turning on his suits lighting, properly... Although he makes sure to do it slowly enough to not instantly blind everyone in the entire area. "Right... here I go."
The superhero activates his antigrav systems before dialing in the first teleport jump for him to make upwards, aiming it to reach to the limit of his light-range, so he's pretty much certain not to hit the ceiling.

"Once more..." and then there's a flash before he vanishes. All going well, the words 'unto the breach' would follow, a bit higher up...
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4