Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: The Outpost v2 2 (Open RP, Introductions, Random encounters)  (Read 15850 times)

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
Re: The Outpost v2 2 (Open RP, Introductions, Random encounters)
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 06:06:27 pm »

Atrium: Tracker and Rhiann

"It's not that Burger King appeals to their tastebuds as much as to their wallet," comes a feminine voice from the vicinity of the ceiling. "A quick meal that's relatively cheap often overrides a better meal that's more expensive and takes longer to enjoy. If you ask me, a better meal is better for you and since those aren't free--unless you do your own hunting and gathering--you've got to pay a little more for it.
"You might call me a fox by looking at me," she adds as she rises to her feet, " but that doesn't mean I don't eat vegetables and fruit myself. I believe my tod friend here can agree to that."
With this the male fox nodded without rising, apparently trying to make himself less noticeable than more compared to the vixen who mantled her red-feathered wings.

"Since you speak of finding a place to dine, would you be opposed to us joining you? My friend down here needs to learn more about this world and the people he'll be working with and a social gathering might be just the thing for him."
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

carp

• First Class Poster
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2012, 06:24:15 pm »

Atrium

"Ha, whatever, if anyone's going to get fat, it's you.  You don't spend two hours at the gym every day," Jack says smugly.  "Besides, smoking keeps me thin."

He peers over at the delivery person.  "You don't have any packages from Amazon for Jack Barimen, do you?"

When the voice starts commenting on fast food from somewhere above, Jack looks up.  He wasn't unused to people trying to start conversations from the ceiling, what with ninja, ghosts, and other such things.  Then the fox stands, and Jack connects things.  .oO(OK, telepathy or something, like that effing annoying golem kid).

"Hey, dogs are omnivores, and foxes aren't far off from dogs, right?  Makes sense to me.  Price doesn't matter when my brother is paying," Jack says, reaching over to punch Tiernan's arm.  "I'd still take Burger King over his crappy fine dining."

"Anyway who the hell are you?" Jack asks cheerfully. 
carp uses they/them pronouns please and thank you

Scrae | Jack | Gabriel | Vic | Amalie

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2012, 09:03:26 am »

Atrium

Amanda smiles as she turns over the packages a few times to read the exact adressees before removing one of those electronic signature pads from her belt. She first shakes her head to Jack "Fraid I don't have any amazon packages... not unless they happen to be of a very 'private and sensitive' nature." She grins a cheery, sharp-toothed smile and winks a moment before adressing Tiernan again.
"No, they're not exactly for him. But he's usually here every time I come in, I was wondering if there was something wrong. But anyway, these are a couple of special delivery items..."

She starts to separate the bunch on te counter, so she can scan their barcodes, as she speaks. "This one's for Professor Hugo. Custom parts, handle with care..." she notes as she lifts it up, shakes the box just for a second as something inside makes a melodious rattle "I always get the urge to open this up just to check if it's not some supervillain device... call it previous employment conditioning." she shrugs and puts it down again before returning to the other items.
"A few documents from the Australian Outpost... You know that ottery gal really doesn't trust the post office or the internet for these things. Well, all the better for me."

The last package is a round tube, apparently adressed to supply cabinet 2. "And a delivery of hand-crafted papyrus from Egypt and fine Arabian ink. Looks like even enthralled paperwork entities like a little bit of fancy for themselves now and then too no?" she chuckles and taps through the triplicate and intricately order-and-delivery sheet that was attached to this part.
"All I'm gonna need is a signature for delivery right here..." And with that, she holds out he pad and the electronic pen to Tiernan.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2012, 04:54:38 pm »

Atrium
When the feminine voice sounds from somewhere up above, Tiernan looks over to the only other occupants of the Atrium. It wasn't that he knew about Rhiann's godvoice necessarily, but he knew there wasn't anyone else in the Atrium that could possibly be speaking to them. No one else had entered, and a highly observant former assassin would certainly have picked up on newcomers. And so he smiles warmly at Rhiann, answering her in his most pleasant voice, "Yeah, you've got a point there. Though, if you hear my brother talk you'd swear the taste was as big a factor as the cost."

He purses his lips as the bipedal fox continues speaking, nodding every now and then to show he was listening. Her suggestion that they dine together is met with a nod, followed with, "Yeah, that's no problem at all, is it Jack?" He looks over at his brother, his expression inquisitive, "Though, I only just got here for my shift and probably won't be going out until a little later. If either of you have a comm, we can page you, and in the meantime I'm happy to answer whatever questions your friend might have about this world." The Amberite speaks with the easy manner of someone that enjoyed talking.

To Jack, he simply says, "I don't need to spend two hours at the gym every day. I don't need to, you know that. I might if I had your diet, though and my 'workout' regimen." He makes a face, then smiles once more for the benefit of the newcomers. Jack's offer of having Tier pay for everyone's meal later wasn't worth commenting on, as it mattered little to Tiernan what he spent his money on so long as he had money available for science fiction DVDs later on.

Amanda receives a friendly nod, "Ah, makes sense." After each parcel is scanned, Tiernan takes them into custody and sets them aside. Perhaps delivery of these items was something he would entrust to Jack afterwards. Naturally, the parcel for Hugo Easton was handled with extreme care; Tiernan knew well how volatile the package had the potential to be. "Previous employement conditioning?" He chuckles softly, "I admit, it is a little tempting to look if you let your imagination get the better of you. After all, with Hugo involved, it could be anything in there. And I do like knowing things..." His voice is almost wistful, but he makes no move to actually open it up.

"Ahhh, even Philor has his vices. Oddly enough, that's satisfying to know. It gives him an almost...human quality, don't you think?" Another smile, another parcel set aside to be brought further into the Outpost. He'll take the pad and electronic pen from Amanada and signs his name quickly. It reads "Tiernan Barimen" in flowing, stylized letters.

OOC: Forgive my wall of text! There was a lot to respond to and I am thorough to a fault.

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2012, 01:59:35 am »

Atrium:  Rhiann and Tracker

"Of course. Tiernan, isn't it," she asks as she attempts to remember his name rather than relying on her telepathy. "I have tasted Burger King's -- um... Whopper -- and find the flavors interesting, but not what I would call 'good' by any means. There is little meat flavor outside of the searing of the surface and what there is is smothered by all the other things they pack onto it. As a whole it's not that bad if you're in a hurry, but I don't think I could live too healthily on a strict diet of the things."

She waits as he finishes his receipt of the packages before continuing.

"I have no problem with waiting 'til your shift is over; I'm basically nocturnal anyway because of my religion--as humans tend to call my beliefs. This would give us both time to prepare for the outing and perhaps let you make reservations at a place you would consider appropriate. As far as cost, I think I can easily handle Tracker and my costs as I'm sure the two of us will significantly out-do your most herculean efforts when it comes to meat. I've learned about his metabolism and find that while we are quite similar in appearance and appetites, the amount of bionics in his system burns through the energy created by eating almost as quickly as my own more avian physiology. We will look forward to joining you when you are ready."

Will there be others?

carp

• First Class Poster
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2012, 04:26:28 am »

Atrium

Jack frowns and leans against the desk again.  "Looks like you've got another admirer, Tier.  Why to people always end up ignoring me when you're around.  I just don't get what girls see in you," Jack says to his brother.  He makes no attempt to be discreet about it.

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2012, 11:12:21 am »

Atrium

Amanda gives Tiernan a grin when he brings up the conditioning part "Yeah well... Superhero thing. I've been around here for a while so I know of the Professor and old habits are kinda hard to break." she hms a little when the talk about food continues and then hehs a bit.
"If you think you need to eat a lot, try being a speedster... Or rather, try being a speedster who can't have any fast sugars." She grins a bit and waves her right arm which has a bright yellow medical-indication bracelet on it.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2012, 03:46:45 pm »

"Yes, that's right. Tiernan Barimen." He continues smiling pleasantly, "Anyway, I don't think anyone could live healthily on a steady diet of those things, but I guess the same can be said about a lot of foods, mm?" Considering the rest of her words, Tiernan nods, "Yeah, that sounds good. I'll be able to use that time to figure out a place that would suit everyone's tastes. I'll never here the end of it if I don't."  Naturally, he looks at Jack as he says this.

"Bionics?" Tiernan seems very interested and fixes his pale, greyish eyes on Tracker. His face has lit up, "Now that's interesting if you don't mind my saying. I was just having a conversation with Jack the other day about bionics. The subject is an...interest of mine, you could say." To his credit, Tiernan resists his usual inclination to call upon his pattern sight to get a better look at what made Tracker tick, to to speak. And then, it is around this point that Jack expresses his displeasure over the attention that was being heaped on Tiernan.

"Well, Jack, I am manning the front desk at the moment. That could have something to do with that. But, if that explanation doesn't float your boat, perhaps it's because I'm so decidedly charming?" As if for emphasis, he flashes Jack with his most dazzling smile, "See?" He reaches over and claps Jack on the shoulder. He coughs softly, "Though, I just realized I never introduced you to anyone. This grumpy looking fellow here is Jack." He says to Rhiann, Tracker, and Amanda while making a grand sweeping gesture towards the black-haired, possibly winged man.

With the introduction complete, Tiernan turns again to Amanda, "I understand completely. Old habits die hard, and the 'Mad Doc' has a reputation." He might have chuckled at the thought of a speedster on sugars, as the image that popped into his head was a truly amusing one, but when Amanda flashes her bracelent he simply nods, his expression sober, "That's a pain. I couldn't imagine being barred from something I might like eating..."

OOC: I should really get around to writing this on Tier's character sheet soon, but he tends to shield his mind from telepathic probes when he's around others, and especially if someone is a known telepath. Way back, TDG and I did an RP in which Wren found out all of his secrets and he ended up in a lot of trouble. So now he tends to prefer shielding himself. So, long story short, it's good that Rhiann remembered instead of probed. =P
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 06:02:49 pm by Faye »

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2012, 04:17:32 pm »

Atrium

Amanda mmms and nods "The added problem is that getting insulin or other medical treatment's a little hard." she taps her chest a moment "Invulnerability... They never tell you about the drawbacks of having impenetrable skin until it's time to go see a doctor" She hehs a bit "Ahwell, the guys here at the Outpost still help with that, and in return they get a trustworthy classifieds courier."
She turns to Jack at the end of the talk and smiles warmly again. "Anyway, anything back behind that desk marked for pickup? Otherwise I'm going to help myself to a few plates of pasta and head back to the office." At that, she's already fished out a guest badge which, as it's already a bit old, has her image on it in full superheroine pose and name.

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2012, 04:42:45 pm »

Atrium: Rhiann and Tracker

"I'm not ignoring you, Jack," Rhiann responds. "But I don't believe we've been introduced and I've discovered most people are quite sensitive about a telepath just plucking names out of their minds.
"Most people here know me as Rhiann, healer and Priestess of the web, though I have some combat ability as well, especially after I was given my BladeShark sword and training in how to use it. This is Tracker. It's not his real name but his code name with the organization he worked for on his home system. He's still a little paranoid around humans, but he's getting over it since he arrived here. It seems the Guardians aren't too different from FORCE in his home system--just broader in scope."

The vixen turns her attention to the delivery person. "I'm afraid I don't remember your name, but if you like I could offer you some different fruits from my home world which might help. I've heard of your disease but never studied it; I only know it has to do with how you metabolize sugars, right? With our high metabolism, the Sauk need high-energy foods. Maybe you could have the fruit tested and if any meet your need I could give you a supply?"

Will there be others?

carp

• First Class Poster
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2012, 08:36:58 pm »

Atrium

“So, you won’t talk to me without an introduction, but you’ll invite yourself to dinner?” Jack asked, sounding amused.  He was smiling, though he might just be amused at the sauk’s expense.

He listens to the in depth introduction with a slightly perplexed look.  Then he shrugs and says, “Alright.  Hi, Rhiann and Tracker.  Now I feel like I haven’t had a proper introduction.”  He stands up straight and says, “I’m Jack Barimen, pyro and level forty Brick in Borderlands, but I can shoot real guns too.  And though you’ve already met him, this is Tiernan.  That’s his real name, but he’s not human, so everybody should be good with him.  Except he’s a huge nerd, so that could be a problem.”

Jack leans against the desk again and says to Tiernan, “Who says I’m grumpy?  I’m like a ****ing spring day over here, all bright and sunny.”  He offers the ferret girl a wink.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2012, 03:57:31 pm »

The Amberite shakes his head in response to Amanada's question, "Nope, nothing here to go out. Feel free to head on in to the cafeteria for that pasta you're craving." He smiles warmly and doesn't seem in any hurry to be rid of Amanda; he was just being friendly in reminding her of her craving.

The exchange between Rhiann and Jack amusing him, Tiernan lapses into a silence and watches for a bit. When Jack makes with his own, slightly exaggerated introduction which he finishes by calling Tiernan a nerd, he rolls his eyes and laughs, "Oh, I'm not so huge a nerd as that, Jack. Come on now, you're the one that's all about video games and such. Doesn't that make you the nerd?"

There's another pause, this time a thoughtful one, "And yes, you are grumpy. A grumpy nerd, maybe." His tone is playful in that way that brothers are with one another.

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2012, 04:10:42 pm »

Atrium:  Rhiann and Tracker

"I didn't say I wasn't talking to you, Jack," she replies with a surprisingly toothy grin. "It's just that your brother's name came more readily to mind--maybe because it isn't so 'generic'." Her smile drops to where just her front teeth are visible--no fangs. "Of course, if you'd rather I used mind-touch..." She leaves the statement hanging expectantly.

Tracker rises to his own feet and approaches the desk. "Nice to meet you," he greets, reaching out his hand over the countertop. "I noticed your interest when Rhiann mentioned my bionics. I'm afraid I can't actually show you any of it outside of a single external port, but base records should have a pretty good file on me by now considering the number of scans and tests they did after my arrival. You bionic too?"

Will there be others?

carp

• First Class Poster
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2012, 05:52:40 pm »

Atrium

"Hey, jocks can play video games now.  It's not like I'm into Final Fantasy or something."  Jack reaches over the counter to punch Tiernan in the arm.  "I'm telling you, I'm the cheeriest mother ****er in the Outpost.  And I'll kick your ass to prove it."

He turns back to Rhiann.  "I don't know where this mind-touch stuff is coming in.  I mean, my brother just introduced me like five seconds ago."

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2012, 11:21:47 pm »

Tiernan takes the proferred hand and shakes it, "Oh no, I don't have any bionics myself, but the subject interests me. The utility and functionality of it, not to mention the various ways of acquiring it, is..." He trails off, looking suddenly very apologetic, "I'm sorry. Here I am prattling on and it could be that there's a hard story behind how you came by your bionics."

He makes a mental note to look into Tracker's files during his next Medical shift. And just as he's doing that, Jack goes and punches him. "Now, see, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Cheerful people don't go doing that." He laughs softly, to show the others that he wasn't bothered at all by the roughousing.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 07:36:16 pm by Faye »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10