Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: The Outpost v2 2 (Open RP, Introductions, Random encounters)  (Read 15849 times)

carp

• First Class Poster
Re: The Outpost v2 2 (Open RP, Introductions, Random encounters)
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 03:14:36 am »

Atrium

Jack enters the Atrium from the front doors, sauntering in with his black t-shirt and skinny jeans.  He fingers one of his ear lobes gently and is about to head to the lounge, when he spots his roommate at the front desk.  He smiles and changes direction.  "Hey, Tier.  You the new Outpost secretary?  What're you doing?  Checking people in?"  He leans over the desk and peers at the paperwork.
carp uses they/them pronouns please and thank you

Scrae | Jack | Gabriel | Vic | Amalie

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 03:27:54 am »

Atrium
"I am a very cooperative Amberite, yes." Tiernan chuckles, "And thanks. Enjoy the break." He declines to mention that coffee wasn't exactly his thing, neither were energy drinks. It wouldn't do to be rude, and it would be a simple matter of having his preferred beverages brought to the desk, especially seeing as how his roommate just walked in through the front doors. Convenience? Yes, please.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that's what I'm doing. Wasn't my first choice for something to do to kill time, but Gabe thought it'd be a good idea. Meet newcomers, see the comings and goings of my friends and allies." He chuckles, "I suppose everyone has to do this at some point. Why not me, as I continue to climb from the abyss that is the rehab program." Though his words were dramatic, his tone is light hearted, "So, where were you coming from just now?"

carp

• First Class Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 12:00:50 am »

"At least your keeping yourself entertained," Jack says, smiling at Tiernan's dramatic speech.  Propping himself on the desk with one elbow, he points to his ear.  "I got a larger gauge for my ear plug.  Check it out, I can almost put my pinky through it."  He pokes at the hollow piece of jewelry in his ear lobe.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2012, 04:52:42 am »

Atrium

Tiernan raises his eyebrows, "That looks cool, though...is it a good idea to be shoving your finger in there like that? Isn't it tender from the stretching?" The Amberite was knowledgeable about a lot of things, but he admittedly knew fairly little about ear plugs. It wasn't really his thing, much like most sorts of body modifications. "Well, whatever. It suits you pretty well."

He peers at Jack, "So when are you getting another tattoo?" He rubs at his left pec where his rose tattoo lay hidden beneath layers of clothing, "I keep thinking about it, but I don't think I'm sold yet on what I want my next one to be. I'm not exactly the expressive sort. I mean, I wouldn't even be wearing this clothing if I hadn't found it in my closet one day."

carp

• First Class Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2012, 08:18:39 am »

Atrium

Jack lowers his hand.  "I didn't get it all the way in.  It is a little tender.  But it's no big deal."  He folds both his arms on the desk and leans fully on it.  "I can't settle on what to get.  I really liked the idea of the UV ink to do bones on the back of my hands.  But tats aren't cheap, and I'm afraid if I go with that, I'll think of something better a week later.  I don't have dad's credit card to cover important expenses like this anymore."

Jack looks over Tiernan's outfit and smiles knowingly.  "Guess you've got a fashion fairy leaving you gifts.  I know, we can go to the tattoo parlor together.  I'll pick something for you."

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 11:24:54 pm »

Atrium

"You keep that up and people are going to think you're flirting with me." Tiernan remarks dryly, "How is it going to look when I inevitably ask you to go get me a tea from the cafeteria and you bring it to me like a good little brother?" It'd been a long time since Tiernan teased Jack about having feelings for him, and truthfully he didn't mean it. Except for the tea part - that much he did mean.

At Jack's response to his question, he drops his teasing and nods, "UV bones on your hands? Yes, I think I can see that on you." He nods as he shuffles around some papers for no reason other than to look like he was doing something besides chatting at his roommate slash brother. "I guess we could go together, though don't you think for a second I'm going to go for any of the things you like. Flaming skulls might suit you, but they'd look horrible on me."

He looks down at his clothing then and sighs, "You might be right when you say fashion fairy. This place has stranger things, after all, though why they'd bother with my wardrobe of all things I'll never know. My clothing was just fine the way it was, you know." His eyes narrow, "I bet you had something to do with this. You commented before how old fashioned I tended to dress..."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:04:25 am by Faye »

carp

• First Class Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 05:46:13 am »

Atrium

"What?  I'm not... you're an ass," Jack stutters, embarrassed by the teasing.  He turns and folds his arms, not looking at Tiernan as he says, "You can wait for your damn tea."

Jack leans back against the counter, but stubbornly refuses to look at Tiernan.  "Oh come on, I got that skull when I was like fourteen.  Blame dad for never setting any boundaries for me."  He then shrugs and says, "I don't know anything about fashion."

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 03:53:15 am »

Atrium

Tiernan allows himself a private, inward chuckle at Jack's embarrassment. Mission accomplished, he transitions into proper brother mode in which he expresses some amount of remorse, "Oh, Jack, you know I don't mean that. I'm just teasing. You know how I like to get a rise out of you." His face looks downcast when Jack mentions he'd have to wait for his tea, "Make me wait? But I'm so thirsty, you know. Come on, if you get me a tea I'll treat you to supper later."

It amuses him to no end that Jack refused to look at him. Privately, he was pleased that he was still capable of ruffling the ex-demon's feathers like that, "Yeah, Dad wasn't the greatest with boundaries. He was always pretty chill about what we were allowed to do with ourselves, though if he'd been with us in the tattoo parlor when you got that, he might have spoken up. He never really did get upset about it when he did finally see it, so who knows." He cocks his head slightly, looking thoughtful, "Could be that I transferred my capacity to give a damn to him when we arrived in that system."

Suddenly, the Amberite chuckles and shakes his head, "Man, that place. I swear, it managed what all the therapists and rehab officers here couldn't accomplish."
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 04:22:15 pm by Faye »

carp

• First Class Poster
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2012, 11:40:59 pm »

Atrium

"Hey, dad gave a damn about important stuff," Jack insists.  He relaxes a little since Tiernan isn't continuing to tease him, but he's silently worried that Tiernan might mean his adopted father didn't care about him. After Tiernan's last comment, Jack couldn't help saying, "Yeah, but I'll bet they're not happy you still want to do your sister."

"What kind of supper are you going to treat me with?" Jack asks suspiciously.  "I don't want to get tricked into going to some vegetarian restaurant or something."

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 01:30:56 am »

Atrium

"Oh, he did, but you can't deny that he had a sort of laissez-faire attitude about a lot of things." Sensing that Jack might privately be worrying about something, but not sure exactly what, he adds, "It was his way of caring, I'm sure, and letting us grow into our own men instead of being miniature versions of him." The fact that he himself had created that version of his father made that last statement privately amusing, if a little meta.

The comment about his not-so-kosher attitude towards his likely dead sibling elicits a pair of raised eyebrows from the Amberite, "Yes, talk about that in the open why don't you." Tiernan had no malice behind the sarcastic comment. Such things didn't tend to phase him, though he didn't care to deal with any fallout that might arise from it. Feigning annoyance, he swats lightly at Jack, "Really, my feelings for her weren't as huge a concern as my obsession had been, and what that had already driven me to do. I'm cured of that, as you know."

He looks sidelong at the other guests in the Atrium before continuing, "What kind of supper will I treat you with? I don't know, whatever you like that I can afford." The vegetarian comment makes him sniff, as though he was put out, "Why is it you always think I'm going to trick you into going to a vegetarian only place? When have I ever done that to you? We'll go someplace we both enjoy, and yes it'll have some vegetarian dishes."

OOC: For those looking to join the current conversation, please feel free. Tiernan will not be going anywhere anytime soon and will be more than happy to interact with other people.

carp

• First Class Poster
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 06:31:29 am »

Atrium

"Yeah, that was his way," Jack agrees quietly.  Suddenly he grins and asks, "What, you suddenly care what people think about you?"  The Amberite wasn't the only one who got a kick out of ruffling feathers. 

"You tried to get me to order the salad at that one place.  Just because it had steak in it.  I don't trust something called a 'steak salad.'  It's a trick to make me eat rabbit food."

((*carp waves her arms about and frightens everyone away!))

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2012, 04:14:20 am »

Atrium
Tiernan snorts, "I don't, but it's a pain to get people off my case for crap they don't need to know about. It's a lot of effort and you know how much I hate that." Belatedly, he realized that Jack had baited him and he can't help but chuckle. "Well played."

As the food conversation continues, Tiernan shrugs, "Well, salads are good for you, and steak salads are pretty good if you are into that kind of meat. I don't even mind them from time to time. The sauce on them is pretty damn tasty, and most restaurants I like to go to use the best cuts of beef unlike that crap you eat at Burger King."

carp

• First Class Poster
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 04:22:04 am »

Atrium

"If Burger King is crap, then why is it like a multi billion dollar franchise?" Jack asked.  "It's all about the market.  I learned this in economics.  If something is good, then people will buy it.  More people go to Burger King than your favorite restaurants, therefore, Burger King is better."  Jack grins and spreads his hands apart, declaring, "The market has spoken!"

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 09:03:20 am »

Atrium

And just as the conversation is about some kind of franchise of fast food, the doors open and a deliveryperson zips in. Well, not exactly. More like a courier.
The uniform is that of "RapidSpeed Deliveries" and the person wearing it happens to be the founder and an ex-resident of the Outpost; a humanoid ferret called Amanda from the City of Heroes system... also known as Ferretgal. She makes her way over to the front desk with a couple of parcels in her hands and sets them down, smiling.

"Heya... oh... where's the wolf gone to? He's got a day off?" She sounds pretty candid as she asks about Zach, with only a slight accent in her pronunciation.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2012, 05:16:03 pm »

Atrium
Tiernan knew better than to continue a conversation in which Jack was intentionally baiting him, but that didn't mean he wasn't about to. It was always fun to verbally spar with his adopted brother, especially if he could come out on top afterwards, "There's something to be said about bad taste, Jack. Burger King might appeal to people's tastebuds, but it's still awful. Between the ingredients they use and the sheer fat content, you won't catch me eating that crap. It's just not healthy." He makes a face to emphasize his disgust. Suddenly, he peers at Jack as though something might be wrong, "You'll get fat if you eat too much of it, you know."

An anthro ferret appears just then, and Tiernan smoothes over his expression to greet her. He flashes a warm smile, "He's just gone to the Lounge for a break. Poor guy had been up here for forever before I came to relieve him. I'm Tiernan, this is my brother Jack, and it's a pleasure to meet you." A chuckle, and then, "Are those packages for him, or some other Outpost resident?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10