Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: The Outpost v2 2 (Open RP, Introductions, Random encounters)  (Read 15976 times)

Janus

• RPG Collector Supreme
  • Administrator
  • First Class Poster
  • "I'll explain that later."
    • Gamer's End RP Wiki
The Outpost v2 2 (Open RP, Introductions, Random encounters)
« on: October 21, 2011, 06:45:31 pm »

Welcome to the Gaming Guardians Outpost

This thread is intended as a jumping-on point for new recruits and guests, and aspiring role-players. For forum and RP rules, basic information, and helpful threads, please peruse the KIOSC Subforum.

Everyone is welcome, new and old alike. It's a good idea for veteran players to pop in from time to time, to meet the new recruits.

The following is a list of areas within the Outpost, although it is by no means a complete list:

Atrium/Welcome Area - like the entry hall of a large hotel, with an information kiosk, some plants and a large water feature. There is a small lounge off to one side of the Atrium, and two security zones marked on the floor to either side of the room. Marion, Flats, carp, and Lana are often about.

Cafeteria - another large room with several tables, a large open floor, and (depending on who's on duty) food that ranges from delicious to inedible to downright dangerous (try the astral surprise).

Lounge - a comfortable area with couches, a fireplace, a fully-stocked bar with all the trimmings, and a computer terminal (often featured in #GGLounge chats)

Command & Control - the nexus of the HQ, brimming with computers and equipment. Officers from all departments have responsibility for running C&C. The Guardians Public Relations office is located just off C&C and serves as the Guardians communications gateway to the outside world.

Motorpool - for vehicle and mecha storage. Part starport and part machine shop, it functions as the main storage facility for a veritable plethora of Guardians vehicles. The place is also a person - a Transformer by the name of Outport.

Training Rooms - put holodeck tech from Star Trek and the Danger Room from X-Men together, and you have the training rooms. The rooms have safety interlocks to prevent lasting damage to folks training, but they have been disengaged before...

Jaunt Rooms - the jaunt systems are key to the Guardians' mission, sending field agents to the systems they're most needed. Note, these rooms cannot normally be used for teleporting within the Primary System (though this rule can be broken in emergencies). Other modes of transport are available for that.

Rec Rooms - where Guardians and recruits go to let off steam. There is at least one billards room.

Pool - an Olympic-sized pool, for exercising and cooling off alike. The area also includes a sun deck.

Security Center - including interrogation rooms, camera rooms, and the brig. Woe be to those souls sent to Sub4!

Briefing/Debriefing Rooms - your standard large conference rooms, equipped with futuristic display devices for discussing mission specifics.

Auditorium - for larger meetings, briefings, and awards ceremonies.

Barracks - since being a Guardian doesn't really pay the bills, housing is supplied at no charge. Think of these as spacious dormitory rooms (if such a thing exists).

Gardens - an open-air area in the back of the Outpost with a one-way holographic ceiling to let the sun shine in.

Library - home to every gaming book imaginable, as well as references and a computer lab.

File Room - home to the complex sheafs of paperwork required of all new trainees, and home to the paperwork demon, Philor.

Medical Bay - The beloved 'medbay' where the sick and injured go to avoid death.

Chapel - A tiny, pan-denominational place of worship.

Random Isolated Nook - the perfect place for clandestine meetings and plottings.

Once you have created your character, be sure to create a profile for said character. Also, please review the etiquitte thread.

(TBA) are the moderators on this thread. We may add other GMs from time to time, as needed.

This is a social thread, and loosely moderated - interactions between characters are controlled by those characters, with little (if any) GM input.

There will be no combat on this thread. Violators of this policy will find themselves teleported to the Brig pretty quickly, especially if it occurs in the Atrium. If you're going to get into conflict, create a new thread and have at it there.

Include a Bold Location Header indicating your character's name and location at the top of each post.  It'll help keep everyone straight.  An example of this would be: Atrium - Wargolem

This thread should in no way discourage you from creating your own introduction thread. It is merely an alternative to doing so, not a replacement. It should also be a good place to mingle, sow the seeds of future threads, and interact with Guardians that you might not meet otherwise.

Here's some helpful stuff to remember:
  • New arrivals receive a copy of the standard Intro Dossier. Your character can get it in a different language if necessary, or as an audio or computer-based presentation.
  • Paperwork is mandatory - yes, you're going to get a stack of it, and yes, you have to complete it to get your credentials from the Front Desk. Sorry, but Philor gets cranky otherwise.
  • Paperwork takes FOREVER to process...role-play this however you wish. Once it's finally done, you gain Recruit or Guest status.
  • New recruits and guests get a passcard that allows them elsewhere in the Outpost, as well as a layout guide of the place. The guide includes their room assignment. They also get a Guardians comm.
  • Nowhere in the library is there a book entitled "Secrets to EVERY single piece of Guardians Technology" - that information is classified.
  • Don't expect people to notice you, unless you really enjoy disappointment. Find someone in the same room you're in and talk to them.
  • Don't ignore someone who talks to you - it's just rude. At the same time, don't expect an immediate reply when you talk to someone.
  • Be sure to post what room you're in at the beginning of your post, preferably in bold print.
  • Security's stance on teleporting into the Outpost varies from mildly annoyed (if you're a Guardian and arrive in a public area) to quick-trip-to-Sub4 (if you're a guest or unknown and arrive somewhere you're not supposed to be). Keep this in mind before popping in unexpectedly.
  • The Atrium welcome desk does not normally accept shipped packages or deliveries. Shipments are verified through the appropriate receiving department and scanned by Security prior to delivery.
  • The (Un)Official Roster is in effect for this RP.

==Click here to look at the previous (but now locked) Outpost Thread==
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 03:33:07 pm by Faye »
Doctor Hugo Easton - Mad SCIENCE!
Webhunter - College Student Werewolf
Azure Reg - Shadowrun Thief & British Mutant

Learn about them all by finding my links right HERE

Ogreman

• Neutral Guest
Re: The Outpost v2 2 (Open RP, Introductions, Random encounters)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 07:35:18 pm »

Atrium -- Patrick Bancroft

Patrick arrives in the Jauntroom, the shimmering Jaunt effect making his dull grey skin almost gleam. He shows his visitor's pass and asks for directions to the Atrium. Getting turned around only once, on his arrival he steps up to the receptionist and says, "Just got in from Gamer's End and I'd like to join the Guardians. I understand there's a substantial pile of paperwork to complete first, before anything else, so I'd better get started." Taking the paperwork, he sits off to one side and dives in, muttering, "At least without a salary I don't have to pay taxes."
My Character (just the one)

...Smashing the stereotype one Shrek at a time. Stupid green pudgeball.

Janus

• RPG Collector Supreme
  • Administrator
  • First Class Poster
    • Gamer's End RP Wiki
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 07:54:04 pm »

Atrium

It's a new and fresh day in the Outpost and the renovations are complete with all aspects of the Atrium, now in perfect condition.  Knowing this place... it will likely not last for long.

The various greenshirts working at the desks are quite used to strange folks by this point in their careers.  The one that handed Patrick his paperwork bundle was herself a short blue humanoid from a Doctor Who RPG System.

With time passing for Patrick's paperwork, Zach Tylor walks in with an iPad under an arm.  The young man had recently gotten his assignment to Admin and the PR offices, though he was still very much junior in the pecking order.  However, as the Guardians did not often see Gamer's End citizens applying for work with the Guardians, it seemed like an excellent reason to throw him back out into the admissions job he did while still a college student.

The human-form werewolf is dressed in casual blue jeans, and has on a nice forest green dress shirt unbuttoned and worn over a charcoal gray shirt.  The lanyard around his neck clearly identifies him as a member of Gaming Guardians Admin, complete with a picture that looks like he's wayyyy to eager to seem professional.  At best, he looks to be 22 years of age.

Addressing Patrick, he says, "I see you've already been introduced to the paperwork... uhmmm, I know some of the questions and forms will seem ridiculous, but they do all need to be filled out.  It's a whole lot more than Gamer's End requires, I know, but we have our reasons.  Hi, I'm Zach... or, uh, Mr. Tylor if you prefer."

.oO(Gah... 'Mr. Tylor' feels just wrong.  I've been the baby around here for so long, am I really going to be called that by anyone but Mad Doc Easton?)

Ogreman

• Neutral Guest
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 11:46:15 pm »

Atrium -- Patrick Bancroft

Patrick sets the stack of papers aside and stands, to shake Zach's hand. "A pleasure to meet you, Zachary. And I understand about the paperwork. A place like this needs to be concerned with security, with such a wide variety of... people coming through here." As he lingers on the word 'people', his gaze follows a cybernetic gorilla from the Feng Shui system lumbering past with a stack of clipboards.

Patrick returns his attention to the young werewolf, releasing his hand. "Regardless, I'm eager to get started. I've always enjoyed using my extras to help people, and the Gaming Guardians seems to cover the most territory. I like what I've heard about you so far, and I believe I can do more good here than I did with the EEB, as incredible as that seems. What is it you do here, Zachary?"

Janus

• RPG Collector Supreme
  • Administrator
  • First Class Poster
    • Gamer's End RP Wiki
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 12:02:55 am »

Atrium

"Well, it's certainly good to hear that we get good press in Gamer's End."  Setting down, Zach sets his iPad aside and lets Patrick relax.  "I... do many things, but my official position is with Administration's PR department.  I recently graduated from Illuminati University and have a Theology degree of sorts; it makes for an easier time in dealing with various faith-based folks.  But I also have experience in admissions and giving 'The Talk'."

Now that the young man is sitting, it's much easier to see that behind the lanyard (with his ridiculous photo... seriously, the kid looks like he's got the enthusiasm of a puppy) he has a few spiritual icons on a leather cord of some sort: one is a chunk of bone with a strange tower-like glyph carved into it, another is some kind of beetle made of brass and circuit board parts, third is a polished stone circle, and fourth is a stylized steel elder sign.  None are larger than a few inches across, and seem just a touch out of place given how modernized the young man is.

"So I see from the initial paperwork you filed with our Embassy that you come from a superheroes setting.  What exactly did you do before your time there, uhhhmm... I guess the best term is 'ended'?"

Ogreman

• Neutral Guest
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 01:54:03 am »

Atrium

"I was an agent with the Extramortal Enforcement Bureau. The EEB was composed of extramortals, which I've since learned you call 'superheroes' here. And while that term is appropriate to many of us, other extramortals were not so heroic. It was those destructive to the general population that were our domain, putting them away so that the human race and the fabric of the universe both were kept safe and sound." Patrick clears his throat, looking uncomfortable. "That sounds a bit arrogant, now that I'm telling someone who's seen more worlds than the Bureau ever did. Put another way, we were the police. We never went up against mortal criminals, though, just extramortal ones."

He pulls a sheet of paper out of the stack, and hands it to Zach. "I've been listing the major criminals I've taken down, both as a solo agent and as part of a group. That's one bit of paperwork that actually makes sense, you want to know what sort of things I've dealt with." He chuckles, and points out a few specifics on the page. "Scarlet Lance was probably the toughest to bring in, but Boyle, the one who called himself the Fatetwister, was a real challenge to track down."

Janus

• RPG Collector Supreme
  • Administrator
  • First Class Poster
    • Gamer's End RP Wiki
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 03:01:52 am »

Atrium

Taking the the 268/AA 'Achievements Form - Supers Format', Zach looks over things and mentally makes sure the possible recruit was hitting all the right boxes.  "Ahhh, it's the classic Heroes vs. Villains formula.  Be thankful... after a few TV series, there was a surge of Systems where all Supers were hunted by a government that feared them.  But everything points to a nicely run Four-Color world.  Sorry, that's a term we give to Systems that were created like the epic stories from comic books that inspired them... hope that's not too much at once there."

Clearing his throat, he tries to bring things back to the topic at hand.  "OK, good, so you have experience in dealing with 'weird' stuff.  Uhmmm... was actual magic or god beings covered by your previous experience?"

Ogreman

• Neutral Guest
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 03:59:05 am »

"Magic, yes, though it was rare. Though there were no gods. Church on Sundays, for some reason, but I don't remember why..." Patrick pauses, concentrating. "I think it was to teach children to sit still and be respectful? That's odd. You'd think someone would have noticed."

"But anyway, no gods, the occasional bizarre monster or creature from space, mostly just the extramortals. Some of whom were styled as magicians, or witches, which is how I found out magic works especially well on me. To my detriment, of course."

Janus

• RPG Collector Supreme
  • Administrator
  • First Class Poster
    • Gamer's End RP Wiki
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 01:57:00 am »

Atrium

"Well you may need to get some time in training along side some magic users... get used to them, familiar a bit with some of what they can do.  We have a lot of folks from sword & sorcery style worlds, so it would be good to make sure you can work well with them.  You'll likely hear this pretty often, but check in with medical.  Your superpowers not mixing well with magic may mean we'll need to have plans ready for a way to treat you and get through that metal shell of yours.  Where do you want to live, should you complete recruit training?  Since you started in Gamer's End, you have existing housing there and you can commute in, or you can take housing here on site."

Ogreman

• Neutral Guest
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 05:32:53 am »

Atrium

"I'm still undecided on housing, though I'm leaning towards living on-site here. Also, the medical issue is not quite as significant as it first appears. I no longer have any blood, or most of my internal organs. My mass regrows rather quickly, in a matter of minutes even in the most extreme cases, and though it's possible to poison me it's difficult to do any lasting damage." He stops, and looks at Webhunter. "If it's necessary, I'm sure you can find some magic scalpel or something of the kind. But the only thing left of me that's not metal is my eyes."

Janus

• RPG Collector Supreme
  • Administrator
  • First Class Poster
    • Gamer's End RP Wiki
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 05:04:18 pm »

Atrium

Nodding, Zach puts aside the paperwork already completed.  "We often face stuff that can result in Guardian deaths... luckily we have a really good health plan in the form of Medical department and the Death Recalls.  When on missions out in the Systems, you'll get recalled by emergency Jaunt to Medical if ever you come close to death.  Hurts like hell, and you may be laid up for longer than you like, but better than it being permanent."

Tapping on the side of a leg, Zach consults his iPad for a moment or two, then looks up at Patrick.  "OK, I'll issue you a probationary Gaming Guardians Rookie ID once you finish the first set of enrollment papers, agreements, and wavers.  You can stay on site for a while, see how things feel, and then maybe sign on full time if you feel you can keep up.  Sound fair?"

Ogreman

• Neutral Guest
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 05:19:49 pm »

Atrium

"It sounds excellent, Zachary. Like I said, I'm looking forward to getting started." Patrick thanks the young man again, then dives back into his paperwork. If the forms and questionnaires are a prerequisite for saving people, then bring them on.

Rhiann

• Second Class Poster
  • I'm a fox. Want to know more? Just ask.
    • The World of Sau'du
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 10:22:06 pm »

Atrium: Rhiann and Tracker

While the discussion is going on at the desk, two vulpinoids stroll in, looking almost like brother and sister in that both wear a knee-length kilt and a cape, though the male's (notable by his bare chest) is bright yellow and hangs down to his belt line while hers appears made of feathers and drags the floor with two distinct tails. Her own furry tail seems to split the cape and wave exotically as she walks past. The two take seats facing each other at backless benches, him using the wall as a back rest while she leans forward, bracing hands on her knees.

Tracker: "Too bad you didn't find your way to my System. FORCE could have used somebody with your powers."
Rhiann: "Perhaps, Jon. But I've had enough problems taking care of my own world and trying to serve as a Guardian here. If I'd been here when you arrived you wouldn't have caused such a ruckus, as these quaint people call it."
Tracker: "Look, I've already apologized to almost everyone. How would you feel if you were essentially ignored?
Rhiann: "Honestly? I would have appreciated it. That's another reason why I'm glad I arrived here first--the people simply aren't as xenophobic as they are in your system."
Tracker: "Well, I can't argue that."
Rhiann: Priestess of the Web and a powerful Telepath/telekinetic.
Tracker: Bionic fox from an 'alternate' Earth.
Dav: A Worgen (Werewolf) Shaman from the World of Warcraft

Will there be others?

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 04:00:03 am »

Atrium (Tiernan Barimen)

A tall, red-headed Amberite walks up to the Atrium desk just then and leans on it in a casual, almost lazy manner. "Hey Zach." Wearing a slim-fitted jeans, with a patterned shirt, black coat, and checkered red and black scarf, Tiernan looked a little out of character for his first foray into manning the front desk. The Amberite was known more for his lazy, old fashioned style of clothing, but obviously something had changed. He doesn't comment on this, however, instead concerning himself with what he'd been sent to do.

"Looks like I've been sent to relieve you for a while. My rehabilitation officer seems to think that manning the Atrium desk will do me a bit of good, so here I am like a good little Amberite." He flashes a friendly smile at Zach, looking very much like he didn't mind this assignment one bit. Another smile, equally as friendly, is turned towards Rhiann and Tracker, as well as Patrick should he still be hanging about. It might strike Zach as odd that Tiernan, only technically a Guest, had been sent to relieve him, but if that same thought struck Tiernan, he gave no indication of that. In fact, he looked very much like he thought he belonged there.

OOC: Tiernan is wearing the same stuff as the guy on the right in this pic. Except the hat.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 05:47:29 pm by Faye »

Janus

• RPG Collector Supreme
  • Administrator
  • First Class Poster
    • Gamer's End RP Wiki
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 04:43:31 am »

Atrium
It was just as the new folks walked in that this changeover was happening, and Zach almost feels like he's been up here for months.  Closing his file folders and logging off the desk computer, the young man gathers up his own belongings and then grins at Tiernan.  "Ohhhh... even with your time in Rehab, I get the feeling like there's no such thing as a 'good Amberite'.  But I bet you're doing great at being a cooperative one."  It was a bit of a dig, but a friendly one.  "Help yourself to my supply or Neuro and canned coffee... I'm heading to the Lounge for a drink and to finally catch up on some of my shows."

Patting the various stacks of forms, Zach adds just before leaving, "Philor's been busy, by the way.  He added a few new forms for arrivals... as well as those of us working the desk!  Have fun."

Lounge
It's a few minutes later and the Garou from PR is dumping his messenger bag next to the couch in the Outpost Lounge and heading for the bar.  "Please oh please let there still be those cooked bacon strips in the fridge..."

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10