Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: A question for WebTroll  (Read 1433 times)

Sage R.

• Junior Grade Poster
A question for WebTroll
« on: July 06, 2010, 10:50:21 am »

I noticed that your style has changed a bit since the original comic, but one thing stood out that made me curious; There aren't any actual curves in the most recent page. It all appears to be a series of polygons, like it was done in Illustrator or a similar program.

Is that the case? It's not necessarily important, I'd just like to know if I've gone blind.
The Human
The Dragon

I'm chiefly an IRCer, but I dabble in the forums on occasion.

TheWebtroll

• Neutral Guest
Re: A question for WebTroll
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 01:44:53 am »

It has been going through a few changes. One major one is that my comic pages are now all done digitally. Ive invested in a Wacom Tablet and now draw from concept to layout to finish all on the computer in Photoshop.

Sage R.

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 03:02:33 am »

Aha. I'm not blind, then! Huzzah! Thanks for answering. Which model tablet did you get? My Intuos is still going strong after two and a half years.
The Human
The Dragon

TheWebtroll

• Neutral Guest
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 09:15:54 pm »

I picked up an Intuos 4. Took me a while to get used to drawing with it.. but I think Im getting there. :)

Sage R.

• Junior Grade Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 12:34:32 am »

The things ARE a big switch from paper. It takes a while to not watch the surface you're drawing on, but once you've got it it winds up being a lot faster and simpler. Sketching isn't a waste of lead and erasers and ink anymore!
The Human
The Dragon