Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Promotion Recommendations  (Read 4324 times)

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
Promotion Recommendations
« on: July 28, 2009, 03:54:24 pm »

OOC Information: Looks like we're still missing one of the old threads: ye old 'Promotions Recommendation Thread', not to be confused with the Promotion/Department Request thread.

The point of this thread is to recommend your fellow Guardians for IC Promotions. In the past, this thread has been kept largely IC, with OOC reasons often accompanying recommendations. Typically, members of higher rank tend to nominate those of lower rank for promotion, though I have seen some folks recommend others of equal rank. It's usually frowned on people with a lower rank nominating those of higher rank, if memory of the old thread serves me well. Please feel free to correct me on that if I'm mistaken.

I'm not 100% sure on whether or not we actually still have a promotions board. Last I checked, there had been a board and Flats, Relapse, and Tellana had been on it. But that was when we had the old Forum and before Relapse disappeared ICly. Anyone with an update on this would be appreciated. (Please PM me and I'll update this post accordingly.)

All right, with that out of the way, the rest of this thread shall be devoted to IC recommendations.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 02:55:54 pm by llemaire »

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
Re: Promotion Recommendation Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 04:02:14 pm »

Promotion Recommendation

To: Promotions Board, GDH Drathari Telperien
Date: Two weeks ago

It has been a while since I found the time to make a promotions recommendation, a fact which i lament. In any case, I wish to recommend Guardian Second Class Jenny Wren for nomination to Guardian First Class.

I feel that Ms. Wren is deserving of a promotion for the following reasons: I believe she she is an asset to our organization that is deserving of recognition. She goes above and beyond the call of duty to contribute: between her extensive information network, her research, and her time spent leading missions, she had contributed more than her fair share, and certainly more than is asked of a Guardian Second Class. She has certainly taken upon herself the responsibilities of a Guardian of higher rank and has performed extraordinarily well, and with the sense of responsibility and accountability that I would expect of someone working with me.

Please consider my recommendation.

((OOC: TDG is a highly active player that's always, always available to RP with folks. She's a team player that's flexible, willing to learn, and dedicated to seeing plots through.))

Flatstompa

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Recruit
Re: Promotion Recommendation Thread
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 02:28:15 pm »

Promotion Recommendation

To: Promotions Board, GDH Drathari Telperien
Date: Two weeks ago

It has been a while since I found the time to make a promotions recommendation, a fact which i lament. In any case, I wish to recommend Guardian Second Class Jenny Wren for nomination to Guardian First Class.

I feel that Ms. Wren is deserving of a promotion for the following reasons: I believe she she is an asset to our organization that is deserving of recognition. She goes above and beyond the call of duty to contribute: between her extensive information network, her research, and her time spent leading missions, she had contributed more than her fair share, and certainly more than is asked of a Guardian Second Class. She has certainly taken upon herself the responsibilities of a Guardian of higher rank and has performed extraordinarily well, and with the sense of responsibility and accountability that I would expect of someone working with me.

Please consider my recommendation.

((OOC: TDG is a highly active player that's always, always available to RP with folks. She's a team player that's flexible, willing to learn, and dedicated to seeing plots through.))

Approved, roster updated.

Sage R.

• Junior Grade Poster
Re: Promotion Recommendations
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 09:30:05 am »

To: Promotions Board
From: Sage Russell, GSS of Research and Technology Development

I find myself in the difficult and fairly ironic position of having to request the demotion of another Guardian. However, the recent actions ((seen here: http://tgg.stormdragon.org/index.php?topic=322.0)) of one Guardian Second Class Gaddez Darkmoor have been cause for serious concern, and I cannot permit them to continue going unpunished. R&D has spent more money on band-aids due to his antics than for his laboratory and/or research work in the last few years, and his production rate is less than satisfactory, even ignoring that. That he sees fit to call out his coworkers, peers and superiors alike for failing in their duty as Guardians is alarming on many levels, and that he did so in the presence of a US government official is even more so. At the very least, it is indicative of a disturbing lack of respect for this department.

For these reasons, I wish the approval of the board in demoting Gaddez Darkmoor to Junior Grade, until such a time as he appears to have learned the concepts of restraint and composure in the presence of others. Regardless of his rank following this message, his access to R&D materials is to be severely reduced, and every proposed project must be personally approved by either myself or Dr. Easton.

I thank you for your time and consideration on this matter.
- Sage Russell
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 05:09:01 am by Sage R. »
The Human
The Dragon

I'm chiefly an IRCer, but I dabble in the forums on occasion.

Janus

• RPG Collector Supreme
  • Administrator
  • First Class Poster
  • "I'll explain that later."
    • Gamer's End RP Wiki
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 02:17:10 pm »

To: Promotions Board, GDH Drathari Telperine
Re: Mr. Jarod Lindfaller

With the reorganization of R&D nearly complete, it is no secret that I have placed a number of the existing members into new leadership positions (in a method, might I add, that conforms to the requests that I learn to 'delegate' properly).  Mr. Lindfaller has been named as my new project lead for Arcane Studies, but it is illogical for me to place him on the chessboard of academic and explorative works without also giving him rank to support his orders.

I feel confident that Mr. Lindfaller's work so far will support a jump to Guardian First Class, as his time with R&D has led to a number of papers and refinements which have expanded our libraries.  Also now perhaps accusations of my unprofessional actions against the superstitionists will cease.
Doctor Hugo Easton - Mad SCIENCE!
Webhunter - College Student Werewolf
Azure Reg - Shadowrun Thief & British Mutant

Learn about them all by finding my links right HERE

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 06:33:06 am »

Promotion Recommendation

To: Promotions Board, GDH Lana

I would like to recommend Balance and Retukka Mephala Kiturcasser Joriol for nomination from Guardian Junior Grade to Guardian Second Class.

OOC: Short and to the point recommendation. These folks have both been around for a while, are active, and are deserving of a promotion.

Lana

• Junior Grade Poster
  • Fear nothing, run from everything
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 06:49:44 am »

Promotion Done

To: Promotions Board, Everyone.

With my power  as GDH of Admin I've chosen to raise Vincent Byron, Bebti Chione, and the Azure Reg to the position of GJG(in Admin of course since I can't promote people into other departments) Vincent and Bebti have oth undergone many trials in their becoming the Guardians they are today and have grown because of them, and I believe they will continue to grow, to fulfill their responsibility and reach every greater heights in the Guardian Hierarchy. Reginald, despite having a similarly checkered past is competent and while he may be a bit of a troublemaker Admin has yet to turn someone away because their skills or personality didn't mesh and as a hotbed of personnel development his skills, character and point of view are valuable to my part of the organization.

So says
Lana.

Flatstompa

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Recruit
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 02:47:30 am »

Approved all of the above, Roster updated accordingly.

Edit: Small correction to the update applied~
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 09:46:35 am by Flatstompa »

Wargolem

• Global Moderator
  • Junior Grade Poster
  • HUGE and made of METAL
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 04:32:30 pm »

To: Promotions Board, Lana, Drathari
RE: Byron Bryant

The Eden front continues to occupy a majority of processing power and multitasking capabilities, so this unit will remain brief. Byron Byrant is a proven menace, a known traitor and accomplice to traitorous elements, an enemy of the Systems and the Primary, and a danger both to himself and to the entire organization. Anyone who can demonstrate all of those things to this unit and still manage to not be shot on site upon return to the Outpost will make a perfect GSS SpecOps.

If that seems a little odd, then allow this unit a brief explanation of Security dogma. Dangerous sociopaths are useful. They were endowed by their players with certain skills and penchants that more well-adjusted characters often lack. In the limelight they can be watched and feel valued, this benefits the organization overall and allows both a public detriment (accountability and adoration) to and increased scrutiny of their sudden and inevitable betrayal. In short, promote with the intent that dangerous individuals will belong, then believe, all while benefiting the organization as a whole with their knowledge and abilities, but prepare for the worst should that weapon fail to be pointed properly. In the case of actual villans, deflect the candidate to a position in Admin.

As always, this unit will adhere to the sound coucil of his more informed peers and the wishes of the Board.

-WG

P.S. This unit will also swear an oath by the floral headwear of one's choosing that, should said betrayal occur, it will be ended personally.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 01:01:55 am »

Promotion Recommendation

To: Promotions Board, Department Heads
Date: Last Week of February, 2012

I would like to recommend that Recruit Jack Barimen (formerly Ketch) be raised to the position of Guardian Junior Grade in either Operations or Security. He has been with the Guardians for many years now and though he has had his problems in the past, I believe he has dealt with enough of them so as to be a functioning and ranked member of our organization. He has worked long and hard to gain our trust after his time spent as an adversary and I believe it is time for that effort to be rewarded.

Janus

• RPG Collector Supreme
  • Administrator
  • First Class Poster
  • "I'll explain that later."
    • Gamer's End RP Wiki
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 07:15:16 am »

Promotion Recommendation

To: Promotions Board
Date: [Data Corrupted]

We are currently in the throes of a crisis, and in that time I have discovered an individual that exemplifies the spirit of what I wish to see within this division.  I write this now so that my own ego and moments of obsession do not cloud later what I am seeing right here and now.

Mariya Demordenaar has excelled in the role of personal assistant to first Sage Russell and then in some cases myself.  However, during a point in time when our resources have been stretched thin during the Gaer Crisis, she has taken it upon herself to see through duties which were never asked nor demanded of her.  Displaying ruthless efficiency, an eye for detail, and a social savvy which I am not ashamed to say is far far greater than my own, I feel that she be publicly recognized for her contributions.

Once it is the determination of the GDHs of this organization that we are returning to normal operating conditions, I move that Ms. Demordenaar be promoted.  I feel that she deserves GFC rank; if approved, I will be moving her to the role of chief project lead of Celestial Research if she agrees to a change in duties.  Until then, I will have it on record that she has earned my commendation as a member of my staff.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 07:17:56 am by Janus »
Doctor Hugo Easton - Mad SCIENCE!
Webhunter - College Student Werewolf
Azure Reg - Shadowrun Thief & British Mutant

Learn about them all by finding my links right HERE