Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Gateway to the End? ((Semi closed))  (Read 20353 times)

Achelea

  • Junior Grade Poster
  • **
  • Posts: 199
Gateway to the End? ((Semi closed))
« on: July 27, 2009, 05:04:53 am »

The crack of thunder echoed across the shore, talons digging into the loose sand, water splashing against the hem of the black leather cloak.

"... The power to travel the shadows between worlds, and this is the only one that Makes us land on the beach. I'm not sure if I should be impressed, or annoyed." She steps up the beach, stopping as she steps onto a stone. She looks back as another thunderous roll echoes.

"Curious." The splashing footsteps stop short. "What? It's interesting. Every time we've arrived here, it's always been here. Well, almost here. Last week was over there by those rocks." a hand pulls the black hood off his head. The light plays off the dark brown hair as it blows in the inland breeze. His arms held wide as he looks to the female dragonborn. "I don't understand why you are acting so.." a moment's pause as he finds better footing. "it's a simple talk, nothing more. We bring this... -place- some food, and we can tell those that follow us to keep to themselves..." His smooth voice comes from over the waves.

"That is the problem, Dax, We shouldn't have to -Barter- with them." she replies. her silver cords swaying as she turns to face him, her hood sliding back over her purple crest. "We should take what we need and leave."

"Right, Xasica, Just as soon as you find the shadow that leads to where they are." he replies, stepping onto the stones. "for now we need to pace ourselves. We are hardly strong enough to be challenging them right now. You barely escaped three, what would you do if they have an army?"

". . . If you're trying to anger me, we both know it won't work. I could pretend it does, if only to continue on our tasks." she utters coldly.

Dax pauses, looking to Xasica. The snap of their coats the only sound filling their silence. His eyes narrow, then he shrugs, and starts up the stones. Her glare remains as she turns to follow him. Their footfalls changing as they step onto a manicured foot path. They stop as it opens to one of the main thoroughfares, traffic passing by.

"Right... We got three days, let's not waste them. Now where did they say, down the street and look for green and white?" he tries a grin, as the two walk down the streets...

*Meanwhile, at the Outpost Jaunt pad, a petite girl with large almond eyes, and pink hair awaits. The mission? A parlay request from Gamer's End....

((Gamer's End is of course a setting created by Hugo, Chaz, and Karina. It is being used With permission.))
(( Alrighty, this is the intro for anyone interested in joining. PM requests are welcome, and I'll pick who I think are best suited. :D))

((Edited for smoother transition))

http://gamersend.transjade-studios.net/index.php?title=Main_Page
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 02:08:49 am by Achelea »
Logged
"I may not agree with what you say, but I sure as Heck will fight to the death for your right to say it."


http://tgg.stormdragon.org/index.php?topic=133.0

Achelea

  • Junior Grade Poster
  • **
  • Posts: 199
Re: Gateway to the End? ((Semi closed))
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 05:27:09 am »

The selected players will find a message upon notification.
--------------------------------------------------------
Subject:Parlay

From: GS Sidian Hughes.

To: Guardians C&C

I was approached today by individuals wishing to have a parlay with the guardians. As instructed, I requested guardians to be sent, as I do not have the Authority...

---------------------------------------------------------

C&C Forward: Xiu, Screa, Jarod

You have been selected to act as Representatives of the Guardians. Please Report to Jaunt Room Alpha at $Time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*In Jaunt Room Alpha, the tech bounces on her toes, awaiting the arrival of the guardians. "I hope they aren't late..." *Bounce Bounce Bounce!*

((Alright, you are free to start posting players! This is a short post to get the story moving.))
Logged
"I may not agree with what you say, but I sure as Heck will fight to the death for your right to say it."


http://tgg.stormdragon.org/index.php?topic=133.0

Taross Blackburn

  • Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
  • *****
  • Posts: 803
Re: Gateway to the End? ((Semi closed))
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 11:09:55 am »

Jarod hms at his screen, reading the short message for the third time.
"Representative", he repeats to himself and then chortles "Well, that could be rather interesting. And Scrae... and someone whose name I don't reckognise, ahwell..." The white dragon starts to pack his stuff up, getting dressed for the occasion.

For this, he dons his simple silver crown again and fixes his hair a little to fall around it... it helps looking impressive, but the fact that he enchanted it as a 'helm of telepathy' also factors in. Then his nicely polished breastplate -once again thanking the properties of magical items to conform to their wearer- after which he starts to put on some loose-fitting but very fine-looking clothes. His flintlock pistol in its holster at his side shows the shield of his old noble family, which is also only there to impress.
Finally, he packs a small bag with his gauntlet, some of the sticky-foam filled gyro-balls he made (unprimed of course) and a simple weatherman multitool. .oO(That ought to cover everything...)

After making sure that he definitely looks the part of someone who is supposed to be any kind of representative, he sends off a small message to Hugo and Hope each to explain his absence from the RnD, and at the bar at the Hearts Ease should the mission take more than a day.

It doesn't take long for him to show up at Jaunt-room Alpha, but he might be cutting it rather close to $time.
Logged

carp

  • First Class Poster
  • ****
  • Posts: 577
Re: Gateway to the End? ((Semi closed))
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 07:05:41 pm »

Scrae is pleased to have been picked as a representative.  This was exactly the kind of thing he liked to do, and had been getting experience doing PR for the Australian Outpost.  He sends a quick text message to Val, then he grabs his spell components bag and the bracers that he got as a birthday present.  He wears his green and white uniform, since this was Guardian business, though he takes his red hoodie along with him in case it's cold.  After a little thought, the also brings a pair of neurolasers, concealing them.  Better safe than sorry, he thought to himself.  Too bad he hadn't had enough warning to memorize some spells that might have been more appropriate for the occassion. 

Scrae probably arrived a little earlier than Jarod, and smiles brightly when the dragon enters.  "Hello, Jarod!  How nice it is to be working with you on this.  Isn't it exciting?  I hope we meet some nice people."

((Note for GM: Scrae's spell list can be found here: http://tgg.stormdragon.org/index.php?topic=141.msg854#msg854
It shall be unchanged from his usual list of pepared spells))
Logged
carp uses they/them pronouns please and thank you

Scrae | Jack | Gabriel | Vic | Amalie

Xiu`Choto

  • Neutral Guest
  • Posts: 25
Re: Gateway to the End? ((Semi closed))
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 06:48:07 am »

Xiu eyed the email with a blend of mild optimism and frustration. She had requested some time to aquaint herself with the guardian diplomatic core, so this seemed a good enough oppritunity. Consideration is made - Representatives? How vague! Was this dipomatic? First contact? How could she possibly know how to best address the situation.

A short response is leveled back at C&C requesting the destination and 'mood' of this parlay at the very least. Meanwhile the Twi`Lek goes to have a shower. Failing any sort of speedy reply from C&C, she will arrive on time, barely, in a simple black dress suit with white shirt buttoned just shy of immodest.
Logged

Taross Blackburn

  • Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
  • *****
  • Posts: 803
Re: Gateway to the End? ((Semi closed))
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 09:37:16 am »

((I am assuming for non-plot-related talking, it's ok to post a little more before GM intervention...))

Scrae probably arrived a little earlier than Jarod, and smiles brightly when the dragon enters.  "Hello, Jarod!  How nice it is to be working with you on this.  Isn't it exciting?  I hope we meet some nice people."

Jarod smiles as well a moment when Scrae greets him "Hello to you too. One moment we don't meet up for almost a year, the next we do so twice in almost a week, hmm?" he chortles "I suspect it's definitely going to be interesting, I'm hoping less of a disaster than the last 'diplomatic meeting' I had gone on, though."
He fiddles a little with a collar before turning towards Xiu. "And hello to you, too."
Logged

NerdyCanuck

  • Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,109
  • GDH Admin/Rehab
Re: Gateway to the End? ((Semi closed))
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 03:41:41 pm »

Arriving shortly after  Xiu

When Val receives the text from his husband, he doesn't answer. Instead, he smiles to himself and continues on his way Jaunt Room Alpha. He rather liked the idea of surprising Scrae with his presence on this diplomatic mission. Unknown to the others, he, too, had been chosen as a representative. So away he went, from his office in Admin down to the specified jaunt room, wearing nothing of the green and white sort, but rather a modified version his typical mission wear - dark brown leather jacket, form-fitting muscle-shirt beneath, Guardian ID on a lanyard, and Speranza, his handgun, hidden beneath the coat. He was not wearing his longsword, nor his typically obvious gun holster. He was going for a more subtle look that day.

Arriving in the jaunt room, Val looks briefly at those present. He'd met Jarod before - he liked the man and he was glad to see him there. "Hello, Jarod.  Xiu." Xiu, though not an unknown to the half-elf, wasn't someone he'd ever met before. He knew her only by what information they had on hand, which was very little. He raises an eyebrow at her, but only seems vaguely disapproving of her revealing attire. The bouncy jaunt tech he wasn't overly familiar with, but the half-elf can and does manage polite at times, and so she's met with a nod. He then turns to Scrae, a light smile playing on his usually-serious face,  "Apologies on not responding to your text. I thought you might appreciate the surprise."

((OOC: Diplomatic mission, yes, but Val brings Speranza with him everywhere these days. He's paranoid.))
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 04:59:46 pm by llemaire »
Logged

carp

  • First Class Poster
  • ****
  • Posts: 577
Re: Gateway to the End? ((Semi closed))
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 07:50:12 pm »

“Oh but this is work.  Hardly the same as getting together for lunch,” Scrae says cheerfully to Jarod.  His general demeanor doesn’t seem any different now than when he’s talking with Jarod socially, despite what he’s said.  He looks concerned at Jarod’s mention of his last diplomatic mission.  “Oh dear, I do hope everything goes well.”

He turns to greet Xiu and is surprised to see his husband enter, and resists the urge to give him a kiss as he usually would when they meet.  “Oh, Val!  You’re coming too?  But I didn’t see you on the memo.  You aren’t trying to keep an eye on me, are you?” He asks with mock suspicion in his voice. “I assure you I don’t intend to get into any sort of trouble.”
Logged
carp uses they/them pronouns please and thank you

Scrae | Jack | Gabriel | Vic | Amalie

Achelea

  • Junior Grade Poster
  • **
  • Posts: 199
Re: Gateway to the End? ((Semi closed))
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 06:49:04 am »

As the room fills with the original three, the jaunt tech pulls out a set of folders, and walks around the console to stand infront of it, waiting for a moment. She raises a brow as Val enters, but hmmms and shrugs. .o(Righto, he can share ..)

"Guardians, if I can have your attention." she asks politely, her large eyes blinking, making almost an audible echo of crystal bells. When the group has quieted enough, she clears her throat. "I apologize about the brevity of this briefing, but it seemed prudent to send you on your way as soon as possible. These folders contain the two most current reports that we can discern that are connected to this parlay. Our information on the individuals is extremely limited, and by what Officer Denzine mentioned, It's quite possible everything we might know about them, could be off the mark, since they are Nobodies. Short and dirty, when the heartless take a heart, an empty shell remains, and the nobodies are particularly strong willed individuals' shells will continue to walk." She pause, and takes a few breathes before continuing for the next part. "One of our Greenshirts will be meeting you when you arrive, and they will take you to the individuals. Just remember, Gamer's End is a Separate Entity than Primary, so you can't blow it up if things get dicey."

She sighs heavily, finally finished with her short speech. She stands up, throws her shoulders back and nods triumphantly before turning about and moving back behind the Controls.

*Inside each one of the folders, there are these two reports*
http://tgg.stormdragon.org/index.php?topic=50.msg1854#msg1854
http://tgg.stormdragon.org/index.php?topic=50.msg1904#msg1904

((I will be trying to post every other day, to give everyone a chance to reply to conversations and GM actions.))
Logged
"I may not agree with what you say, but I sure as Heck will fight to the death for your right to say it."


http://tgg.stormdragon.org/index.php?topic=133.0

Taross Blackburn

  • Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
  • *****
  • Posts: 803
Re: Gateway to the End? ((Semi closed))
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 05:07:00 pm »

Jarod chortles when Val seems to be surprising Scrae with his presence. He nods to the former because at this point the person who was waiting for them starts her briefing. After that, he starts to leaf through the folders, hrming softly to himself.

"Right... so." he starts "The ones that we will be talking to. Are those going to be the 'heartless' or the 'nobodies'? I am assuming that the latter can not do what the former are able to do?"
He's just trying to gather up what he could be expecting at Gamers End.

"Though, we're going to be in the advantage if anyone starts throwing around any too dangerous stuff... There's the Protector, after all, and the peacekeeping force there is also very adequate." While he says this, he checks his bag and hmms "Do we still have a minute or two for me to pick up my wrist-padd?"

((if my memory isn't lying to me and I'm at least using the right words for the GE all-purpose phone/wallet/transponder thinggy, in a wristband))
Logged

Achelea

  • Junior Grade Poster
  • **
  • Posts: 199
Re: Gateway to the End? ((Semi closed))
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 06:46:15 pm »

The girl blinks, and shakes her head, pointing up and moving her hands in circle. Her first fingers switching places, "Other way around. Heartless take the heart, the Nobody is what's left. Like I said, they are Nobodies." She looks at the clock and hrms and frowns. "Yes.. but hurry. You should have brought it with you before you arrived." She chides him, before glancing to the others. "Anyone else?"
Logged
"I may not agree with what you say, but I sure as Heck will fight to the death for your right to say it."


http://tgg.stormdragon.org/index.php?topic=133.0

carp

  • First Class Poster
  • ****
  • Posts: 577
Re: Gateway to the End? ((Semi closed))
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 08:17:24 pm »

Scrae reads over the reports and clucks his tongue.  "Oh these poor people.  What a terrible thing, to have your heart taken away from you.  Perhaps we can help them get them back."  He looks up.  "Is that what they want to talk with us about?  To ask for our help?"
Logged
carp uses they/them pronouns please and thank you

Scrae | Jack | Gabriel | Vic | Amalie

Xiu`Choto

  • Neutral Guest
  • Posts: 25
Re: Gateway to the End? ((Semi closed))
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 04:18:52 am »

Xiu smiles warmly to the assembled crowd "Hello boys."

The Twi'Lek then quietly listened to the report. GE was supposedly governed by one of those superbeings that smashes people if things get out of hand, so that offers some measure of comfort. Then again, superbeings rarely cared about an individual or two. She shrugs at the conversion about heartless.

"They sound like a sort of child-friendly undead. Instead of souls they lose their hearts. What remains are monsters..."
Logged

Taross Blackburn

  • Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant
  • *****
  • Posts: 803
Re: Gateway to the End? ((Semi closed))
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 02:03:09 pm »

Jarod hrms a little at the last comment given to him "I'm a warlock, not a psychic... I'd have brought it if the memo told me we'd go to Gamers End, and not just "Go to Jaunt Room Alpha", thankyouverymuch."
Thankfully, he's not going to be petty about it and take his time to get the item he needs and makes good time, a few minutes later he's back and ready to go.
Logged

Achelea

  • Junior Grade Poster
  • **
  • Posts: 199
Re: Gateway to the End? ((Semi closed))
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2009, 05:52:23 pm »

The jaunt tech blinks, and looks down and reads the memo... then reads it again. then looks up, a line of red forming across her face. "oh.. Oh dear.. I thought it mentioned Gamer's End." she bites her lip as he leaves, and shakes her head.

She looks to Xui, using the time while Jarod is away to explain a bit. "That's quite an accurate description. According to what we understand of the game, when they take a heart, it's corrupted by darkness, and it becomes a heartless, the stronger the heart, the stronger the heartless."
Her hands move over the controls to warm up the jaunt pads. She pauses and looks to Scrae and shrugs. "Maybe, that's what we're hoping you can find out."
About this time, Jarod walks back in, and the embarassed tech ducks her head, "I'msosorry." she meekly apologizes to the white dragon.

The pads are primed and ready to send....

((Anything else before they are jaunted to wonderla-er, Gamer's End?))
Logged
"I may not agree with what you say, but I sure as Heck will fight to the death for your right to say it."


http://tgg.stormdragon.org/index.php?topic=133.0
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8