Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Author Topic: 2009 Bachelor Auction (Open social, please see first post for OOC information)  (Read 48174 times)

carp

• First Class Poster

There is an area of the Gardens that lends itself to events, when the weather is nice.  The trees open up onto a wide, grassy lawn, surrounded by neat flower beds full of flowerings and plants that display rich colors all year round.  Today, there is a stage set up at one end of the lawn, garlanded with fresh flowers and hung with a banner that reads “2009 Bachelor Auction and Spring Social.”  Another banner adds, “Benefiting Wren’s Home for Displaced Children in cooperation with the Wargolem Institute for Underprivileged Awares.”   Laid out on the lawn just in front of the stage are blankets for anyone who would like to sit in the grass.  Behind those are tables, each one holding a lit candle in a pink glass. 

Of to one side, long buffet tables are set up next to the rose garden.  A team of friendly caterers in sharp uniforms are setting out trays of food to snack on: little cubes of cheese, slices of meat and gourmet breads, stuffed olives, spring rolls, and all kinds of goodies to sate the guests’ hunger.  There’s a bar at one end that appears to be well stocked with both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. 

The stage and the trees surrounding the area are hung with white Christmas lights, though their effect is lost right now since the sun hasn’t set yet.  But it appears the area is ready for the auction to go late into the night.  Electric Tiki torches are set up by the buffet and around designated paths around the tables, leading up to the stage.  Behind the stage are two white canvas tents which have been set up to give the bachelors and bachelorettes a place to get ready. 

There are a few greenshirts finishing up setting chairs around the tables while Scrae oversees it all, wearing his formal black tux with a forest green shirt under his jacket.  Just as the last of the chairs are put out, he calls out, “Very good job, everyone.  Thank you so much.  Now, go one home and get changed so you can come to the party!  The guests and the bachelors will be arriving soon.”

Scrae shoos the greenshirts away, then steps back and looks around at the scene, beaming with pride.  He personally thinks everything looks lovely and expects to have a wonderful evening.  He spots Val carrying a cooler full of ice over to the bar and hurries over.  “Val, sweetie, I hope you haven’t wrinkled your suit. It’s time for people to start arriving,” he says as he fusses with Val’s jacket.

((Welcome to the bachelor auction!  Bachelors have been told what day they're going up on stage and will get reminders when it gets closer to their time.

Bidders can sign up at any time, even now.  Just go to the sign up thread.  Here’s the bidders we have and their funds at this point (this will be updated after each bachelor is won):

• Aurora FrostFur   $20,000
  • Axel “Turret” Erikson $200
  • Azure Reg       $7,500
  • Berraine       $1,726
  • Corvus                   $5,000
  • Chance Devany        $10,000
  • Daniel Emilison   $10,000
  • Diamond Hawk        $1,000
  • Emmit Delacroix   $4,250
  • Gebohq              $411
  • Jack         $700
  • Jenny Wren      $100
  • Kyle St John      $2,000
  • Lana                    $0
  • Ocelico                 $8,000
  • Rei Juriol      $0
  • Ryan Galen      $500
  • Scrae Cesoerdo   $4,825
  • Serenade            $2,500
  • Tiernan              $0
  • Udoshi                  $0
  • Yunoko Jurai      $2,650
Go here for the sign up thread

This is an open social and you don’t have to be a bachelor or a bidder to join and just hang out.))

« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 01:32:52 am by carp »
carp uses they/them pronouns please and thank you

Scrae | Jack | Gabriel | Vic | Amalie

Sage R.

• Junior Grade Poster

Much as I do hate going first, alas, it seems it falls to me...

Sage is dressed in her Sunday best! Which...means absolutely nothing to her, so it should surprise no one that her attire is only slightly nicer than normal. Her jeans are not wrinkled and her jacket is freshly cleaned, and she managed to convince herself not to wander around with any of her mission gear for this particular event.

Free food being the effective lure that it is, the human steps out into the gardens to enjoy the remaining sunlight and sample liberally of everything on the catering tables at least once. It helps, of course, that the auction itself is usually pretty entertaining to watch, though she isn't a bidder--she had decided to start saving for a house this year (figuring that with the price of real estate in California she would be able to actually buy one by the time she's 30). Noticing at first a distinct lack of other spectators, she starts chatting up the caterers since she's nomming on their food anyway, but after a minute or two she notes a very snazzily formal'd-up Scrae fussing over what she grudgingly admits to herself is a similarly snazzy Val, and makes her way toward them while balancing her plate on one hand.

"Hey, guys. The setup's looking pretty nice; digging the casual ambiance, though I feel under-dressed now."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 10:57:23 am by Sage R. »
The Human
The Dragon

I'm chiefly an IRCer, but I dabble in the forums on occasion.

Drathari

• Neutral Guest

Berraine enters

Tonight was a good night to go to the outpost. For tonight was the bachelor auction and Berraine always did seem to like to give money to charity. One would wonder why a self professed 'evil' person would bother with one though. Maybe he needs a date? Maybe he really does care about 'the children'. Who's the beneficiary of this thing again? No. In all actuality a charity is a great tax write-off and if makes him look 'shinier' to some people's eyes. So with all this in mind the owner of the `Rynth enters the gardens in a fashionable looking suit. No tie today though.

The arch-magus eschews the buffet for the moment and heads to find himself something to drink of the somewhat alcholic nature. He trusts the Guardians to put out a decent spread so he finds something suitable to his tastes and looks at the few people who've gathered thus far and keeping mostly to himself unless someone comes to chat with him.

Drathari's been there all along

The elf steps out from around where he was mostly hidden from sight and smiles to Scrae, Val, and Sage. "Good evening to the three of you. Things are indeed looking quite good this year. I'm very curious to see who we have lined up this time around.' He says this with a hint of knowing in his eyes sparing a light glance at Sage.

Chou_MingLi

• Neutral Guest
    • transJade studios

Savina enters, with Jersey in tow.

The Vodacce woman seems happier than she's been in quite a while, dressed in a sky blue sundress, with a nicely dyed shawl draped around her shoulders. She adjusts the ribbon holding back her hair.

"It's such a nice afternoon, dear. I don't see why you wouldn't want to come out," she commented, looking around at the spread and the scattered tables. "Let's get a seat, before they all fill up."

Miss Chou Ming-Li, taking a long-overdue break from work.

Ahh, exams are complete, homework all graded, lab research up to date...and now, the enjoyment of some poor schmuks being paraded around for our amusement. A shame I didn't have money to spare to bid. Ming-Li is dressed fairly casually, in a pair of comfortable black slacks, and a indigo and gold kimono-style top over a black tube top. She spotted Drathari....and Sage. Deciding that staying away from any concentration of her bosses is the wisest choice for the evening, she smiles and waves in their direction as she gets her food, then looks around for another potential conversation partner.

Spotting Berraine, she heads over. "Lovely evening, isn't it?"

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab

Val Cesoerdo
The half-elf had just finished bringing the cooler of ice over to the bar when he suddenly finds himself the victim of a fussy husband. Laughing softly, Val won't resist Scrae's efforts. Instead, he'll submit to the inspection, though not without a rueful grin on his face. "Come now, love, did you honestly expect me to wear anything but my wrinkle resistant suit today? With you putting me to work like this, I thought it appropriate." He'll tap his chin thoughtfully, "Though, perhaps it would have been better of me to wear some mission gear instead..."

Val might have had more to say, but the arrival of both Sage and Drathari derailed his thoughts. At their compliments, he lovingly squeezes his husband's shoulder, pride evident in his face. "The set up was all Scrae's idea. And I agree, he did an excellent job with it. It is tasteful and really suits the occasion." He removes his hand, but remains standing beside Scrae. "And good evening to both of you, too. It is nice to see you here." Val notes privately that neither of them had signed up as bidders, so he wonders if perhaps one or both had put themselves up as bachelors. He didn't know those details; Scrae had kept them secret even from him. "I would not be concerned with being under dressed, Sage. You look fine enough for the evening."

He would have to wait and see just like everyone else.

Tiernan Barimen
Just then, Tiernan makes his appearance at the auction with his meager savings in tow. As he enters the Gardens, he smiles briefly at those he passes by, noting who he was unfamiliar with and who he actually knew. Situated in close proximity with one another, but not actually together, were a few people he knew. Sage and Drathari, as well as his relative, Berraine, all catch his eye. Deciding to stick to his decision to avoid the family for the time being, Tiernan opts to visit with the other two he knew, and so headed towards the gathering of four. "Drathari, Sage, it's been a bit since I last saw you both. How've you been?" He'll offer them, as well as Val and Scrae, a hand to shake. When he gets to the latter two, he'll introduce himself, "My name is Tiernan. Pleasure to meet you both."
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 03:43:05 pm by llemaire »

carp

• First Class Poster

Scrae

“Mission gear?” Scrae responds to Val, sounding horrified, “You’re not going to be fighting any villains today.  If you had teased me like that earlier, before I saw you in your handsome suit, I would have thrown a fit.”

He turns to greet Sage and Drathari.  “Oh, you’re all too kind.  I just hope everyone else likes the set up too.”  He bounces on his toes a little at the speculation about the bachelors and grins.  “You’ll all be very pleased with the line up, I’m sure.  And maybe a little surprised at some points.”  He giggles, then tries to look more dignified when a new person approaches.

Scrae will shake Tiernan’s hand warmly when he introduces himself.  “Oh, it’s always a pleasure to meet new people.  Thank you so much for coming to the auction.  My name is Scrae Cesoerdo, and this is my husband, Val.  Oh, see, this is what the auction is all about.  Seeing new faces, having the chance to make new friends.”  He beams around at everyone, apparently inspired to an even higher level of effusiveness than normal by the occasion.

((The first bachelor will be going up within the next few hours!))

carp

• First Class Poster

Bachelor #1…

“Oh my, it’s about time to get started.  Do excuse me just a moment.”

Scrae hurries off to the stage, and after a few minutes of fiddling with the microphone to figure out how to turn it on, he turns to the audience that has gathered so far.  “Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.  Welcome to this year’s charity bachelor auction.  I know you’re probably eager to get to the first bachelor, but I hope you don’t mind if I take a moment on stage myself first.”

He grins, and puffs up a little, very happy to be the center of attention for a few minutes at least.  “First of all, I would like to talk a little about the organization the proceeds will be benefitting tonight.  One of our own here at the Outpost, Ms Wren, has long been hoping to start an orphanage suited to helping children from systems who have ended up here in Primary alone.  Ms Wren, if you would like to stand up.  It’s a wonderful thing she’s arranging, and it will be a lot of work, so we are working in conjunction with Wargolem’s Institute for Underprivileged Awares to help her get started.”

Scrae gives a few moments for Wren to stand and people to clap, which is what he expects to happen at least.  Then he continues, “So remember my friends, dig deep tonight.  It’s for a very good cause. 

…Gebohq

“And now, I’m sure you’ve had enough of me, so it’s time to introduce our first bachelor.  He’s a very enigmatic gentleman, and from what I understand, has had a very exciting career as a hero.  He would be an excellent catch for any of the ladies out there, I’m sure.  Everyone, please welcome Mr Gebohq Joseph Ann-marie Simon!”  Scrae steps aside and will clap for Geboqh as he comes onto stage, before climbing off the stage to rejoin his husband.

((I forgot something important!  Please put your character’s name and your bid in bold at the top of your post when bidding.  If you do not, people may miss it, and that’s just too bad for you!))

Aurora

• Junior Grade Poster

The half-dragonness gnoll shows up around the time the first person is announced. She was actually dressed formally for the occasion, a blue shimmering evening gown that help up by spagetti-straps over her shoulders, a low cut back to accomidate her wings, and finally the front only showed just a little bit of cleavage. Noticing the group of chatters, she decides to take up a spot at a table close to the stage to where she could get a good look at the bachelors.

The thought did cross her mind of why she had chosen to offer up so much money, it was completely against her nature. However, she resolved herself that the Outpost had given her so much thus far, that prehaps she could give a little back, and prehaps land herself a cute date to boot.

TheDragonGirl

• Artist Extraordinaire
  • Second Class Poster

Wren

The redheaded elf stands up when her name is called, and lifts a glass to the stage, nodding at the gathered. The scarred woman is dressed in a white tunic and pants, embroderied with blue designs along all the edges, and she has her long red hair braided back.

"An' I thank ye fer th' help, I'm sure the wee lads and lasses will tae"

She settles back down as the bachelor is announced, settling in to watch the proceedings with a chuckle.

Jenny

The winged guardian makes her way into the presentation area along the paths. Shes dressed in a corset and pants, letting her wing and the blue celtic knot work on her skin show. Jenny notes that things have already started, embarrassedly, and edges over to the refreshments to browse those quietly, keeping an eye on the stage.

Daniel Emilison

The big half orc's approach isn't at all quiet, tread heavy and chuckling to himself.  He is, for a wonder, dressed nicely in a shirt and jacket, with slacks, all in shades of brown, his hair pulled back neatly into a tail.  He pauses towards the edge of things, looking about for folks he knows,  then waves cheerfully at Drathari, once he recognizes him, giving Berraine and their hosts nods.

Taross Blackburn

• Administrator
  • Thread Staff Sergeant

Jarod enters the room. And this time he's not up on the block either. The white dragon is dressed in a rather sharply tailored, deep-blue suit and for some reason it all manages to properly flow and fit around his wings. Together with him is Sunshine, the construct wolf/dragon; Socials are always a good time to learn manners and behaviour.

He sidles up to where Wren is sitting and takes out a chair, once the attention around that table's died down that is.

Gebohq

• Junior Grade Poster

((OOC: I'll be posting a proper reply approximately 6 hours from now, but I can't right now because I've currently on my work shift right now (dinner break at the moment).  Thanks!))

Gebohq

• Junior Grade Poster

Gebohq fought off the nervous sweat as he is announced as the first bachelor.  If asked why he was nervous, he would say he didn't know.  He pulled a bottle from his economy-sized pocket without even thinking and drunk from it.  Just like that, he felt a small weight on his head.  Looking at a nearby mirror, he noticed he was now wearing a red Devo hat.  Oddly enough, this seemed to have calmed him down.  He pocketed the now empty bottle back from where it came, as if it was never there, adjusted his tie and new hat quickly, and walked quickly on stage.

Everyone could now see Gebohq walking to the center-front stage, bow with his Devo hat as if it were a top hat, and stand with his hands on his hips and an awkwardly comfortable smile on his face.  Aside from the Devo hat, he wore a very light-brown (close to white) dress shirt, a red tie, and black dress pants and shoes -- one of the few outfits he somehow found himself with that came from his home system.

NerdyCanuck

• Global Moderator
  • Board Head
  • GDH Admin/Rehab

Tiernan - $50

Val Cesoerdo, Tiernan Barimen & Co
Val grins broadly at his husband, apparently very pleased that his teasing had the desired effect. "Ah, forgive me Scrae, I could not resist." He hasn't much time to say more on the matter when a tall, lanky red-head approaches and introduces himself. The name given rings a bell with the half-elf, and he nods in greeting as he takes the man's hand and shakes it. His grip is firm and, not surprisingly, so is Tiernan's. Ah, Amberites. "I recognize your name from your application for guest status. It is nice to finally meet you."

As conversations continue and Scrae excuses himself to take care of introducing the first bachelor, Val eventually looks pointedly at a nearby table, eyebrows raised in inquiry, "Should we perhaps take a seat?" Expecting the others to follow suit, the half-elf will sit down. When he does, he'll notice the half-orc's wave and return it with a brief nod.

While following Val's example, Tiernan will raise his hand and call out a bid. "Fifty dollars!" Gender made no difference to the young Amberite. oO(The more people I meet, the better.)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 04:31:24 pm by llemaire »

carp

• First Class Poster

Scrae: $100

Scrae sees his friends moving to a table and hurries over to join them.  “I should apologize now, but I’ll be back and forth quite a bit.  We have this robot thing that could do the announcing, but I thought that was a bit impersonal.  Though, since I want to bid too, it will be up there to point out the winners.”

He takes a seat and smiles at Tiernan.  “Oh good, we really need to get this started.  But I think we can do better than that.  One hundred!”

While Scrae is talking, a pair of greenshirts finally wheel the Announcerbot 3000 out to the side of the stage.  Since the stage is completely open, everyone can see them fiddling with switches and buttons on the back of the bot.  Finally, one of the greenshirts kicks the machine, and lights flicker on it’s “face.”  With a  series of beeps, the bot rolls out to get to work.  “We have one hundred dollars folks, that’s a pretty poor showing for a charity auction!  Can I hear one fifty?”  It beeps and makes a sudden popping noise, then turns to Geboqh, “Why don’t you tell the audience a little about yourself.”

Jack

Jack has arrived a little late to the party.  He hangs back near the trees for a few minutes, watching the group with Val.  He’s disappointed to see both Sage and Tiernan talking to the half-elf.  He slinks over to the refreshments to keep himself busy with eating free food for now, glancing at the bachelor who’s up to see if he does anything interesting.

Diamond Hawk

• Neutral Guest
  • Diamond Hawk as imagined by the Midnight Penner

Diamond Hawk

Diamond Hawk rolls in as Gebohq is being introduced on stage.  Branching out from his usual attire, he is sporting an understated formal gray suit, custom-tailored in order to accommodate his wings.  He'd never been to one of the Guardian auctions before but knew he needed to become more involved with the organization.  Glancing around the room, he can guess at a couple names based on reports he's read but hasn't been formally introduced to any of them.  He wanders over to the bar.  "Caucasian please, with a shot of Bailey's."  Upon receiving his drink, Hawk turns back to face towards the stage.  "So is there any formal protocol for this event?" he asks those standing around the bar (Berraine, Chou Ming-Li).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25